Thor and Superman vs. Quasar and Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Fights in space...

Tazer
Yo.

team 2

Tazer

hush
Thor and Superman FTW.

guy222
Originally posted by Faceman
Fights in space...

Good evening smile Team One

Faceman
Originally posted by guy222
Good evening smile Team One Good evening pal.. wink

guy222
Good evening pal.. wink

Can I ask u, how powerful is Superman

Faceman
Can I ask u, how powerful is Superman Who's Superman?

guy222
Who's Superman?

clark kent smile

Faceman
clark kent smile Oh yeah, he's pretty dam tuff guy....

nvrbeenwthagirl
Team Two.

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Team Two.

Do the bands equal Mlojnir

bigbran
Do the bands equal Mlojnir No, because magic mazzes the shit out of his bands.

guy222
Originally posted by bigbran
No, because magic mazzes the shit out of his bands.

thumb up

Tazer
Yo.

but Thor doesnt actually USE much magic, beyond summones of lightning. just about everything else hes shown doing can be handled by Elvis w/no prob.

Tazer

Priest
Team one

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sentry can whoop on Thor. Marvel is the company that is saying sentry is the most powerful hero in thier universe. And sentry was able to easily stalemate Genis holding back. Genis is superior to Thor. Quasar Sucks the Living Solar energy out of Superman and team two takes the win.

Priest
Sentry can whoop on Thor. Marvel is the company that is saying sentry is the most powerful hero in thier universe. And sentry was able to easily stalemate Genis holding back. Genis is superior to Thor. Quasar Sucks the Living Solar energy out of Superman and team two takes the win.
Genis was holding back in their fight with sentry.
Thor can beat Quasar.
Superman holds off Sentry until thor comes to help. Thor and Superman pumbles Sentry.

basilisk

Quasar under magical mind control did OK against Thor. Mind you it was only Eric Thor and Quasar was still inexperienced and not using a wide range of powers. And Quasar admitted he was holding back. And the fight didn't have a winner because Quasar dispelled the mind-control. Still... Quasar did bounce back a Mjolnir throw with a quickly-erected shield.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
Genis was holding back in their fight with sentry.
Thor can beat Quasar.
Superman holds off Sentry until thor comes to help. Thor and Superman pumbles Sentry.

Thor can beat Quasar. But not for the Majority. Senty's Void is stronger than Thor. Team Two. Energy powers and Mind powers for the win.

Priest
Originally posted by basilisk
Quasar under magical mind control did OK against Thor. Mind you it was only Eric Thor and Quasar was still inexperienced and not using a wide range of powers. And Quasar admitted he was holding back. And the fight didn't have a winner because Quasar dispelled the mind-control. Still... Quasar did bounce back a Mjolnir throw with a quickly-erected shield.
i have that fight here,
http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters1.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters2.jpg
http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters3.jpg
http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters4.jpg
http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters5.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters6.jpg
there are some things to point out, quasar may of been inexperienced but i don't think Quasar was holding back, it looked like that he was going for thi kill.
Quasars constructs was barley able to withstand a mjinor blow, even Quasar comments that the mjinor have Thor the Advantage.
We also got to take into consideration that this was an very very inexperienced EM Thor, Hercules even comments whether or not this thor was worthy of being a Thunder God.
Thor had a defence for every attack that Quasar threw at him, and he didn't even use the tactic of absorption of the constructs imo.
An experienced Thor would beat Quasar for the majority.
Team one fo the win

Ethereal
IMO Quasar and Sentry both through in and throughout suffer from CIS and PIS. A large part of CIS on Sentry's part. Granted, we "haven't" seen Sentry at his max, or near enough feats to gauge it anyway.

I'd say on the forums Quasar(Wendell) uses the bands at full potential. In comics, he rarely does. With that said,

Quasar> Supes.
Sentry> Supes.

Thor regardless would be picking up some slack, Mjolnir is the wildcard, he'd have a good fight with either character. Still, I'm going with Quas and Sentry on ths one.

Soujaboy

Wrong on all accounts.

What the company is saying and what the company has shown us are two different things. While he has hyped to be the best, currently his feats haven't lived up to that.

Easily? He got BFR'd as soon as Genis got tired of him, and while Photon would have defeated Thor he wouldn't have done so in such a casual manner.

True, however if Thor chose to battle Quasar than it would be a winning battle for team 2. Basically because the bands have been shown weak against magic. With Quasar down I doubt Sentry can take on Superman let alone the duo.

Superman > Sentry

Thor > Quasar

basilisk
Originally posted by Priest
i have that fight here,

http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters6.jpg

there are some things to point out, quasar may of been inexperienced but i don't think Quasar was holding back, it looked like that he was going for thi kill.
Quasars constructs was barley able to withstand a mjinor blow, even Quasar comments that the mjinor have Thor the Advantage.
We also got to take into consideration that this was an very very inexperienced EM Thor, Hercules even comments whether or not this thor was worthy of being a Thunder God.
Thor had a defence for every attack that Quasar threw at him, and he didn't even use the tactic of absorption of the constructs imo.
An experienced Thor would beat Quasar for the majority.
Team one fo the win

Well, Quasar actually says at the top of your last scan "It's my own fault! I shouldn't have held back--! ...I'll never beat him unless I pull out all the stops!" and the fight ends there really.

Don't forget Quasar learned to project stronger shields and use more powers as he went along. In Quasar #38 his shields stood up to a combined simultaneous strike from Mjolnir plus Hulk, Thing, Hercules, Cyclops' blast, Iceman, She-Hulk, Rogue, Jean Grey TP, Colossus, Sasquatch, Havoc, Vision, Human Torch and WOLVERINE'S CLAWS (OMG) before Thanos & Warlock's combined blast finally finished it. And he wasn't even maintaining that shield he was doing other things.

I'm not saying real Thor couldn't beat him, but IMO Quasar could stalemate or win for the majority. His shields can protect him from Mjolnir attacks & storm effects and he can stay out of Thor's fist range easily enough. And you can see Thor preparing a God-Blast a mile away - Quasar just flies/warps out of the vicinity before it hits, he's not a brick like Juggernaut. I think Thor would have a hard time tagging the guy.

If Sentry wins they double-team Thor. If Quasar does manage a win he then tries to help Sentry and drain Superman. Maybe.

Tazer
Yo.

small note: that was NOT an "inexperienced" Elvis that Eric fought.

if U note the costume he was wearing that was AFTER he had that big fight w/Maelstrom; and THAT fight was his "graduation", since afterward remade his 2nd costume into the 1 U saw there and he considered himself his own hero.

thats not to say he wins or loses now, Im just commenting on his relative lvl of exp during this fight.

Tazer

Soujaboy
Well, Quasar actually says at the top of your last scan "It's my own fault! I shouldn't have held back--! ...I'll never beat him unless I pull out all the stops!" and the fight ends there really.

Don't forget Quasar learned to project stronger shields and use more powers as he went along. In Quasar #38 his shields stood up to a combined simultaneous strike from Mjolnir plus Hulk, Thing, Hercules, Cyclops' blast, Iceman, She-Hulk, Rogue, Jean Grey TP, Colossus, Sasquatch, Havoc, Vision, Human Torch and WOLVERINE'S CLAWS (OMG) before Thanos & Warlock's combined blast finally finished it. And he wasn't even maintaining that shield he was doing other things.

I'm not saying real Thor couldn't beat him, but IMO Quasar could stalemate or win for the majority. His shields can protect him from Mjolnir attacks & storm effects and he can stay out of Thor's fist range easily enough. And you can see Thor preparing a God-Blast a mile away - Quasar just flies/warps out of the vicinity before it hits, he's not a brick like Juggernaut. I think Thor would have a hard time tagging the guy.

If Sentry wins they double-team Thor. If Quasar does manage a win he then tries to help Sentry and drain Superman. Maybe.

True, but your basing your opinion of a comic where Thor was embodied by a human. erm

Also, Quasar states that his bands are basically useless against magic. When facing a character entirely composed of magic, it's hard to take the majority with a "useless" weapon.

Quasar shields may be powerful, but they'll be proven useless against seeing as Mjolnir's been shown capable of phasing through shields.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
True, but your basing your opinion of a comic where Thor was embodied by a human. erm

Also, Quasar states that his bands are basically useless against magic. When facing a character entirely composed of magic, it's hard to take the majority with a "useless" weapon.

Quasar shields may be powerful, but they'll be proven useless against seeing as Mjolnir's been shown capable of phasing through shields.

Then how come the hammer didn't phase thru juggy's shields?

Tazer
Yo.

not exactly true: Thanos blew that shield SOLO, and Elvis doesnt maintain constructs the way GLs do (usually).

still not a bad showing all things considered.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

and more to the point its not like Quasar had no effect on Thor, or even Mjolnir itself seeing as how (as mentioned b4) the hammer bounced off a shield & Quasar was able to directly keep it from getting back to Erics hands.

Tazer

basilisk
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

and more to the point its not like Quasar had no effect on Thor, or even Mjolnir itself seeing as how (as mentioned b4) the hammer bounced off a shield & Quasar was able to directly keep it from getting back to Erics hands.

Tazer

Yes, that's it really - his hammer strikes have bounced clean off Quasar's shields on at least two separate occasions, the second time along with all the other attacks so it didn't even weaken the shield.

dvampire

But nither of them has beaten Thor yet.

Team 1 wins.

Priest
True, u got a point there that Quasar was holing back, but just keep in mind that he was saying all that in regards to a inexperienced EM Thor.

Good point ... But Thor really doesn't need to bash the living crap of this shields, he can easily absorb and manipulate the constructs, it's just another forum of energy to the mjinor....also i can also say that the mjinor when used right can phase through shields like Soujaboy said.

I'm not saying real Thor couldn't beat him, but IMO Quasar could stalemate or win for the majority. His shields can protect him from Mjolnir attacks & storm effects and he can stay out of Thor's fist range easily enough.
Mjinor has more advantages other than playing with the weather, like i said in my previous post, Thor should be able to absorb/manipulate the constructs. Or he can simply phase through them.

And you can see Thor preparing a God-Blast a mile away - Quasar just flies/warps out of the vicinity before it hits, he's not a brick like Juggernaut. I think Thor would have a hard time tagging the guy.
He wouldn't have a hard time tagging speedsters, he has tagged the silver surfer who is in fact many times faster than Quasar.

The same can be said for team 1, If thor wins they double team sentry for the win. Imo good match here.
I still think Thor can win against Quasar. There is really nothing Quasar can do to thor, as from the scan i displayed, Thor can break the shields physically on his own. Or he can use a easier route, use magic to absorb the constructs. Quasar doesn't pack enough fire power to put Thor down for good.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by dvampire
But nither of them has beaten Thor yet.

Team 1 wins.

U realize that holds true for the OTHER 3 CHARACTERS in this matchup right??

Tazer

Priest
Then how come the hammer didn't phase thru juggy's shields?
Magical enahancments by a elder god.
But in defence to that, Thor was able to remove juggernauts sheilds with the Mijnor.

Soujaboy
Yo.

Tazer

I think your forgetting that it was an inexperianced Masterson Thor who fought Quasar, and that he may not have been able to use Mjolnir to it's fullest. So my point stands, Thor may be able to have Mjolnir phase through Qusars shiled or he could simply absorb or manipulate the constructs.

Tazer
Yo.

small note: that was NOT an "inexperienced" Elvis that Eric fough

Soljer
I think your forgetting that it was an inexperianced Masterson Thor who fought Quasar, and that he may not have been able to use Mjolnir to it's fullest. So my point stands, Thor may be able to have Mjolnir phase through Qusars shiled or he could simply absorb or manipulate the constructs.

"Maybe."

Proof? No?

Okay. Let's get away from speculation. Thanks.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
"Maybe."

Proof? No?

Okay. Let's get away from speculation. Thanks.

As in he could potentially do so, however he did so to a lesser being in Kang so it's up in the air.

I'll go look it up. I know it was in a Avengers comic.

So stop speculating ways for Thor to best Quasar or vice versa? confused

Soljer
As in he could potentially do so, however he did so to a lesser being in Kang so it's up in the air.

I'll go look it up. I know it was in a Avengers comic.

So stop speculating ways for Thor to best Quasar or vice versa? confused

Both.

Speculation is speculation.

dvampire
Yo.

U realize that holds true for the OTHER 3 CHARACTERS in this matchup right??

Tazer

Yeah, but Thor's feats out beat Sentry and Quasar. Sentry hasn't beaten anyone on Thor's level yet.

dvampire
The real Thor beat the crap out of Materson Thor. The real Thor is on a whole different level.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by dvampire
Yeah, but Thor's feats out beat Sentry and Quasar. Sentry hasn't beaten anyone on Thor's level yet.

that would be *yur* opinion, which is fine, but I personally cant recall a time Thor pimp-smacked a Herald the way Sentry beat Terrax.

Tazer

UniOmni
Sentry is seem as clearly above the top tier in SHC, but over here Tazer, he's not even the peer of Superman.

boriquaking55
There will probably never be a full agreement on what Sentry's power level is.

UniOmni
True.

He could beat Thanos, which i wouldn't mind since i dislike the Titan, and people would say Thanos jobbed.

I really don't care though

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by UniOmni
Sentry is seem as clearly above the top tier in SHC, but over here Tazer, he's not even the peer of Superman.

hey, I have yet to READ a Sentry comics (and its not like I rooting for him either), but yet and still that feat does stand out.

Thor, traditionally, has had to work to dispatch his foes on that lvl of powah.

/shrug

Tazer

UniOmni
I know that Taze.

But people here don't seem to acknowledge the ease and nonchalance of him doing that.

tkitna
Sentry solos team 1.

(Ok, I was just joshing, but I do like Sentry)

Bentley
Team two takes it, people always dismiss Thor's energy zapping abilities against a GL, so he would not be in level to match Quasar fast enough while Kal is taken by Sentry.

guy222
team one

OneDumbG0
Hmmm. You bump the most interesting threads guy222... ^_^

Personally, we've seen Quasar's problem with magic demonstrated on-panel, in a Thor comic no less. And I think that Sentry might also have a tough time with magic. At least, he's inexperienced against magic users. At the same time, Sentry stalemated Photon, who kind of made a fool out of King Thor.

Kinda undecided...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.