Ex still pays alimony to sex changed spouse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oncewhite
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/28/sex.change.alimony.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

That doesn't make sense, he's no longer married to HER, and she is now a HE...what do you all think?

[Attorneys for Lawrence Roach, 48, had argued his 55-year-old ex-wife's decision to switch genders and change her name from Julia to Julio Roberto Silverwolf voided their 2004 divorce agreement.

Capt_Fantastic
Doesn't change anything, what's the question?

KidRock
lol insane that he has to pay money to his wife. The money is suppose to help her survive and get on her feet. He shouldnt have to pay for her to get a cock.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by KidRock
lol insane that he has to pay money to his wife. The money is suppose to help her survive and get on her feet. He shouldnt have to pay for her to get a cock.

You not liking sex change operations doesn't change the fact that it's the same person.

Bardock42
Indeed, alimony is not linked to gender.

Capt_Fantastic
Except in the word itself.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Except in the word itself.

I hate you with a passion. One that could turn into hot steamy gay sex passion love....if Adam isn't looking.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
I hate you with a passion. One that could turn into hot steamy gay sex passion love....if Adam isn't looking.

See AC, once again, I'm not the one who brings up my sexuality.

Also, there is no passion in gay sex...only lust. Because gay sex is the result of a sinful impulse that could easily be denied given a better understanding of god's love.

Bardock42
See AC, once again, I'm not the one who brings up my sexuality.

Also, there is no passion in gay sex...only lust. Because gay sex is the result of a sinful impulse that could easily be denied given a better understanding of god's love.

Hey, Mr Preacherman, I didn't ask you for a sermon. I damn well **** whoever I want...with passion.

Capt_Fantastic
Hey, Mr Preacherman, I didn't ask you for a sermon. I damn well **** whoever I want...with passion.

No one expects the spanish inquisition!

Adam_PoE

r0GxvTwQiGM

BackFire
Vaginamony is inherently stupid anyways. Should be completely done away with. Just validates sexism, implying that women (usually) can't handle life after a relationship and needs to take a mans money in order to survive.

ragesRemorse
You not liking sex change operations doesn't change the fact that it's the same person.

no its not. thats the whole point behind these sex change operations. The people want to become someone different, The realt person they were never able to be

their true freak so to speak

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
no its not. thats the whole point behind these sex change operations. The people want to become someone different, The realt person they were never able to be

their true freak so to speak

No, a transgendered person wants to align his or her body with the person he or she always has been.

Robtard
Regardless of what KidRock thinks of transgender people, he is right. Alimony is supposed to provide money for living expense/support, i.e. rent, food, medical care; basic life necessities. If the woman can afford to have a sex change, then obviously she isn't hurting.

BackFire
Alimony should only be provided for a woman if she is continuing to perform sexual favors for the man after the divorce, if not, get a ****ing job you ****.

Capt_Fantastic
It's one thing to talk about the practice and execution of alimony, it's another to say this particualr person doesn't deserve it because she is now a he. Alimony and palimony are a seperate discussion. This is about the person in question, not the institution.

BackFire
Well, the point has been raised that if she/he/it/creature#4 has enough money to pay for such a procedure then she/he/it/creature#4 certainly doesn't need it, and such doesn't deserve it.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Robtard
Regardless of what KidRock thinks of transgender people, he is right. Alimony is supposed to provide money for living expense/support, i.e. rent, food, medical care; basic life necessities. If the woman can afford to have a sex change, then obviously she isn't hurting.

No, alimony is an attempt to adjust the incomes of former-spouses to approximate their prior lifestyle, i.e. for each to live "according to the means they have become accustomed."

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Alimony should only be provided for a woman if she is continuing to perform sexual favors for the man after the divorce, if not, get a ****ing job you ****.

Part of me agrees with you... take Paul McCartney's divorce for example, besides paying his ex (I forgot the her name, the one-legged woman) several million upfront, he has to pay her 20k a day because she claims she needs 20k a day to live the life she is accustomed too.

Paul should have said he is accustomed to receiving oral each morning, vaginal at midday and anal at night.

Adam_PoE

What if she continues to perform sexual favors for the man after the divorce . . . as a man?

BackFire
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
No, alimony is an attempt to adjust the incomes of former-spouses to approximate their prior lifestyle, i.e. for each to live "according to the means they have become accustomed."

Well she/he/it/creature#4 obviously doesn't want to live according to the means they have become accustomed since it completely altered itself and changed its lifestyle drastically.

Besides, gay marriage isn't legal, gay vaginamony shouldn't be either.

Robtard

That's what it has become... it was "maintenance".

Adam_PoE
Well she/he/it/creature#4 obviously doesn't want to live according to the means they have become accustomed since it completely altered itself and changed its lifestyle drastically.

Besides, gay marriage isn't legal, gay vaginamony shouldn't be either.

She would argue that her former husband had been receiving sexual favors from a man their entire marriage, and therefore, the terms of the arrangement have not been altered.

Robtard
What if she continues to perform sexual favors for the man after the divorce . . . as a man?

She's still and will always be a woman; a woman with a surgically altered vagina to look like a penis. Answer me this, if you were in an accident and your penis was detached; would you then be a woman?

Bardock42
She would argue that her former husband had been receiving sexual favors from a man their entire marriage, and therefore, the terms of the arrangement have not been altered.

the former husband could argue that a) he was deceived and never got what was promised and b) can't be married to him anyways due to lack of marriage between guys

Capt_Fantastic
Well, the point has been raised that if she/he/it/creature#4 has enough money to pay for such a procedure then she/he/it/creature#4 certainly doesn't need it, and such doesn't deserve it.

Absolutely. You're 100% right. But this is about a chick who decided not to be a chick anymore, and the stigma that comes with such a descision. Robtard is right as well. But the thread is about a chick who got a sex change operation, not alimony.

I'd just like to add that I think gender reassignment surgury is freaking weird, but not a valid reason to deny alimony.

BackFire

And she would be wrong since she had been a woman.

Had she been a man then there would have been no need for surgery in the first place. She got the surgery because she was a woman and WANTED to be a man.

WrathfulDwarf
My take is that the money could be put for better things....like retirement...home morgage...school....kids....but that's just me. It's just an issue of cosmetics which I've always consider a lesser priority.

BackFire
Absolutely. You're 100% right. But this is about a chick who decided not to be a chick anymore, and the stigma that comes with such a descision. Robtard is right as well. But the thread is about a chick who got a sex change operation, not alimony.

I'd just like to add that I think gender reassignment surgury is freaking weird, but not a valid reason to deny alimony.

Any reason is a good reason to deny alimony.

Capt_Fantastic
Any reason is a good reason to deny alimony.

How dare you bring our debate to a succinct end? How am I supposed to argue with that?

BackFire
Make fun of my gargantuan penis.

Capt_Fantastic
Make fun of my gargantuan penis.

That's nothing to joke about. Unless you get it removed and turned into a tiny vagina.

Robtard
B.S... his penis isn't nearly that big, even if he stretches it; he still can't reach and sodomize himself with it and he's the type of person to try.

Czarina_Czarina

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.