street levelers........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
This is a thread about the companions of the hall.

which street levelers could Drizzt take?

which street levelers could Bruenor take?

Which street leverls could wulgar take?

Which street levelers could the panther take?

capt it up
bump......

capt it up
cool

StyleTime
It's a good idea capt it up, but most people here don't know much about these guys.

capt it up
Originally posted by StyleTime
It's a good idea capt it up, but most people here don't know much about these guys.
I know which sucks sad

do you read them?

boriquaking55
Originally posted by capt it up
which street levelers could Drizzt take?

Almost all of them - Drizzt shouldn't be considered street-level. Too much magic. I'd like to see Strange vs. Elminster

This one's tougher - he was badass but I'm not sure he's on the level of Cap or Slade.

not sure about the other two

Juntai
Drizzt owns. big grin

capt it up
Drizzt magic is not that powerful. hell it only minor spells.

Bruenor in my opinion is jsut as hard to beat as drizzt.

boriquaking55
Drizzt magic is not that powerful. hell it only minor spells.

Bruenor is my opinion is jsut as hard to beat as drizzt.

Drizzt has a lot of magical equipment though

capt it up
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Drizzt has a lot of magical equipment though
as does bruenor. actually bruenor likly has as much if not more.

Juntai
Drizzt has a lot of magical equipment though Yep, the magical armor Bruenor made for him, the bracelets he uses on his ankles for superspeed, his swords, his spells...
I think he's beyond most street levelers.

boriquaking55
as does bruenor. actually bruenor likly has as much if not more.

He likely does. Elminster would pwn both tho big grin

capt it up
Originally posted by Juntai
Yep, the magical armor Bruenor made for him, the bracelets he uses on his ankles for superspeed, his swords, his spells...
I think he's beyond most street levelers.
the armor not magical......

it just light weight.......and it was not made by bruenor.......

Juntai
as does bruenor. actually bruenor likly has as much if not more. Nah, not when you look at their character sheets.

I think the only person you could make a case at being more magical would be Jarlaxle or Artemis

Juntai
the armor not magical......

it just light weight.......and it was not made by bruenor....... The armor is +5 Chainmail, it certainly is magical.

Newjak
Wait are these guys based off of Dungeon and Dragons. eek!

Juntai
not made by, given to him by, my bad.

Juntai
Originally posted by Newjak
Wait are these guys based off of Dungeon and Dragons. eek! Yea', but they have comics, and novels.

boriquaking55
Isn't the armor Mithril ?

Juntai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drizzt

Drizzt wore an enchanted suit of Mithril chainmail provided by Bruenor,

Juntai
Isn't the armor Mithril ? Yep.

Newjak
Yea', but they have comics, and novels. Oh man I used to love to play D&D. Until I moved and there wasn't any interest there.

That is sweet though.

boriquaking55
Dang capt, what are you, like Bruenor's #1 fan or something?

Edit: All this talk makes me want to play the Baldur's gate games again

Juntai
Oh man I used to love to play D&D. Until I moved and there wasn't any interest there.

That is sweet though. Probably the most famous set of characters the D&D universes ever made. Every book has been a New York Times Best Seller. There's like 20 of them now. The comics only started like last year or so, and are basically just putting pictures to the books.
Surprised you never heard of them.

starlock
i have been a fan for a long time,much respect for the companions

i think they are a notch above street levers,their whole life is survival,much less the experience and magic they have
(what catergory would black knight be in?)

I am a DM and have had the privlege of running him with my group. one of my favorite characters in the forgotten realms

BTW i have kept drizzt in all my incarnations of campaigns and drizzt is like 12000 years old in my world

Soljer
Oh man I used to love to play D&D. Until I moved and there wasn't any interest there.

That is sweet though.

Quite possibly the geekiest thing I've heard all week, stick out tongue.

Newjak
Probably the most famous set of characters the D&D universes ever made. Every book has been a New York Times Best Seller. There's like 20 of them now. The comics only started like last year or so, and are basically just putting pictures to the books.
Surprised you never heard of them. Well I mostly just played the D&D and didn't really get invloved with the other stuff. Then I moved which was about 6 years ago so it has been awhile.

I would love to read them now though.

Originally posted by Soljer
Quite possibly the geekiest thing I've heard all week, stick out tongue. What can I say I'm a Geek/Nerd shifty

Juntai
Well I mostly just played the D&D and didn't really get invloved with the other stuff. Then I moved which was about 6 years ago so it has been awhile.

I would love to read them now though.

What can I say I'm a Geek/Nerd shifty Great books from a great writer, what more can I say?
If you're interested, they're highly recommended, starting with the Dark Elf Trilogy. Given the reading levels of the books and how involving they are, with a few hours of good reading time, you could fly through a novel, or at least most of the way.

Juntai
Originally posted by Soljer
Quite possibly the geekiest thing I've heard all week, stick out tongue. We all hang out on a comic forum.
wink

Newjak
Great books from a great writer, what more can I say?
If you're interested, they're highly recommended, starting with the Dark Elf Trilogy. Given the reading levels of the books and how involving they are, with a few hours of good reading time, you could fly through a novel, or at least most of the way. Sounds good the next time I'm at the book store I'll have to be on the look out for those.

Juntai
Given that he's got a measure of superspeed due to the bracelets he has on his ankles, his magical swords and armor that are pretty much unbreakable and impenetrable respectively by D&D rules.. and one sword can cancel out fire, and the other warns him of danger.. His magical panther, his minor magical spells...

He should be out of the league of your average street leveler. I'm not saying one COULDN'T beat him, but the probility isn't that great, considering his fighting prowess, his years and years of experience... as Drizzt is nearly 100 years old or so, regardless of seeming young in the underdark, he was young... by Darkelf standards, judging by the time it takes to complete melee magetheree and all the schools and training, and the years alone as "The Hunter", Drizzt was likely well over 50 and saw more combat than most do in a lifetime.. before ever seeing daylight for the very first time.

Newjak
Given that he's got a measure of superspeed due to the bracelets he has on his ankles, his magical swords and armor that are pretty much unbreakable and impenetrable respectively by D&D rules.. and one sword can cancel out fire, and the other warns him of danger.. His magical panther, his minor magical spells...

He should be out of the league of your average street leveler. I'm not saying one COULDN'T beat him, but the probility isn't that great, considering his fighting prowess, his years and years of experience... as Drizzt is nearly 100 years old or so, regardless of seeming young in the underdark, he was young... by Darkelf standards, judging by the time it takes to complete melee magetheree and all the schools and training, and the years alone as "The Hunter", Drizzt was likely well over 50 and saw more combat than most do in a lifetime.. before ever seeing daylight for the very first time. Sounds like a beast

Juntai
Sounds like a beast Given that you used to play D&D, I'm sure you know what I'm meaning when I say Drizzt's dexterity was a 20, as in, ranked up in godliness.
In full sprint, he can run up straight up walls.
Plus, has all the warrior, ranger AND thief abilities.

He was a 17th level Warrior by the time he left the Underdark and saw daylight for the first time. He then converted into being a ranger, which aren't supposed to able to have Weapon Spec, BUT, since he was a warrior, he kept it. And piece by piece from childhood to adulthood, picked up every thief skill from lockpicking to backstab.

However the stats themselves don't mean a lot outside of paper and pencil, only the way they translated on the pages.

Newjak
Given that you used to play D&D, I'm sure you know what I'm meaning when I say Drizzt's dexterity was a 20, as in, ranked up in godliness.
In full sprint, he can run up straight up walls.
Plus, has all the warrior, ranger AND thief abilities. shock

Yeah that is kind of tough lets just say a pretty mean guy there. No I'm assuming these are the 2nd addition Rules right?

Juntai
shock

Yeah that is kind of tough lets just say a pretty mean guy there. No I'm assuming these are the 2nd addition Rules right? Yea', I stopped playing after second edition and went solely to my other favorite RPG in favor of not wanting to learn a new system, in Vampire the Masquerade and it's offshoots. A short while after that, my friends and I mostly stopped RPing altogether when the DM/GM moved to Florida.

These days I just play warcraft. big grin

MightyEInherjar
Yea', I stopped playing after second edition and went solely to my other favorite RPG in favor of not wanting to learn a new system, in Vampire the Masquerade and it's offshoots

Ditto.

I would say Drizzt has "Superhuman" reflexes and agility, but nowhere near peak strength.

A fight I'd love to see would be Nightcrawler w/Swords vs Drizzt. The way they fight in comics is drawn pretty similarly to each other.

For people that don't know the other characters, who are strictly comics, you could relate:

Wulfgar to a peak human using "mallet-only" style Mjolnir, ie no other powers other than it being magical and returning to his hand

Catti-Brie to about a Hawkeye level archer, but without the exploding arrows, poison arrows, etc. Instead has magical arrows with a high piercing capability. (Is she even in this?)

capt it up
Nah, not when you look at their character sheets.

I think the only person you could make a case at being more magical would be Jarlaxle or Artemis

to bad the character sheet's are not cannon or are they accurate in the least.

capt it up
The armor is +5 Chainmail, it certainly is magical.
ugg stop thinking character sheets matter.

there incorrect and do not even fit the characters in the least.

drizzt armor was stated in the books to be made by mithral halls best smith. I forgett hsi name. It extremely light no other magical qualites were ever stated.

Tha C-Master
The armor is +5 Chainmail, it certainly is magical. I might be mistaken, but I thought it was +4.

Capt is right, the armor was given to him as a gift for being a hero (around those lines).

capt it up
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I might be mistaken, but I thought it was +4.
does it matter? there not cannon nor were they made by salvator.

hell the recent character sheets said bruenor fights with a two handed great axe no shield..........

They also said he only had one eye.......

capt it up
ya the suit I am not sure if it actaully magical it is however extremely light and made out of a special material that is both light and very durable

Tha C-Master
A better idea would be to make a direct 1v1 thread. Those were pretty popular. Something like Drizzt vs. Wolverine or Deadpool.

capt it up
character sheets and DnD information is not cannon nor is it correct. It is false.

books are the cannon source for the characters.

capt it up
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
A better idea would be to make a direct 1v1 thread. Those were pretty popular. Something like Drizzt vs. Wolverine or Deadpool.

true. I just would like to here people opinions on all the characters. I think wulgar would be rather screw vs most street levelers due to lack of armor.

jollyjim311
Drizzt fighting Black Panther would be a hell of a cool fight to just sit back and watch.

jollyjim311
Also (sorry for the double post) Punisher could probably take Drizzt, if he got to shoot before Drizzt could drop a globe of darkness. Bullseye has a good chance at taking him out. Most of the melee street levelers would be hard pressed to beat him, though (with the exception of Wolverine, who could just heal from any damage).

capt it up
drizzt is likly fast enough to dodge bullets he does have superhuman agility and reflexes.

jollyjim311
Meh, I doubt it.

Even if he could, I doubt he could dodge Punisher's shots.

capt it up
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Meh, I doubt it.

Even if he could, I doubt he could dodge Punisher's shots.

lets see he an elf. There agility and reflex are all ready beyond human. he was a peak form of an elf meaning he was a fast and agile as an elf could be which would make him at least peakhuman if not beyond. Then he has magical bracelet that enchanced his speed fruther making he clearly superhuman. which would mean he could clearly dodge bullets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.