super mario sunshine VS gears of war!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beta ray bob
(thanks icejaw)

which do you like better?

Emperor Ashtar
Sun shine

ragesRemorse
is this a joke?

beta ray bob
no

Cloud_VII
Gears by a long ass shot.

Count Makashi
I cant believe you actually made a thread of this.

beta ray bob
i know (vote ,people!!)

ragesRemorse
mario sprays the gears team with his pittiful childs water gun. Phoenix unloads a single round from his big ass gun. Bullet travels through Marios cartoon cell shaded head, splattering brain goo all over yoshi. Phoenix then cuts off head of yoshi with his big ass chainsaw. the mario games are finally retired, mature gamers rejoice, but attend marios funeral and reminisce to better days when mario was in his prime (mario 64) then gang rape princess and murder toad.

Luigi takes over the franchise and runs' it straight into the ground, while wasting the mario fortune on whores and blow. After hearing the devastating news that he single handedly ended what was left of the mario franchise he snorts to much blow, shoots some A grade herion and has a massive heart attack while screwing yoshi's cousin. Reporters post vile image of Luigi right at the momment of his fatal heart attack while he is climaxing in yoshi's cousins ass. Mario franchise is forever remembered for an ass raping, drug addicted plummer with no fashion style. Gears of war goes on to release sequal after mind blowing sequal and is hailed as one of the most satisfying game franchises in history right above mario

Blaxican
Well ,first off. Mari owould slaughter Marcus in a fight. Second, I prefered Mario Sunshine to Gears of War, which I beat on every difficulty in one day, in about seven hours.

ragesRemorse
i'm not going to argue who would win in a fight. the above testimony already stated how Mario died last week.

I too beat Gears of War in a very short time. It still offered me more than any Mario game post 64 has. Dont you get sick of playing the same game over and over? Mario has never changed and never will. Each new game is the same as the previous, just with a new gimmick

Blaxican
Not really. Saying that is like saying don't you ever get sick of playing FPS's? I mean, it's basically the same thing in every game, but with different names and slightly different weapons.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Blaxican
Not really. Saying that is like saying don't you ever get sick of playing FPS's? I mean, it's basically the same thing in every game, but with different names and slightly different weapons.

thats almost true, and is true in the most average of FPS'

However, one of the biggest appeals in an FPS is the atmosphere it creates aswell as the gameplay.most fps' are just a clone of the most popular ones, but the greats stand out as being their own game. Gameplay between fps can be very different. Quake, doom, half life, fear, killzone, XIIV, area 51,Prey All of these games have very different stories, engaging characters and a strict style of gameplay. Some focus around online gamming, some revovle around a certain character trait ability. They all have their own sense of atmosphere.
This is where gears of war wins it's award in innovation. It offers an undeniable gloom atmosphere, while offering a combination of 3rd and 1st person gamestyles. This would be a gimmick if it wasnt executed so very well. this combination of 3rd and 1st person style will be a template for many games to come and soon become a cliche, because it was so brilliant in ist simple innovation

Mario always feels the same with the same recycled story and gameplay that differs only from the gimmick it offers.

MadMel
how can you compare a lesser mario game to something like gow
try mario 64 vs gow??
even then its a waste of time to even make something like this
2 completely different genres

IceJaw
Originally posted by MadMel
try mario 64 vs gow??
Not to mention it's against the rules.

ragesRemorse
try mario 64 vs gow??

isnt that the point of creating a thread like this in the first place?

I was under the assumption that mario was just the headliner of platformers and gears of war was the headliner for strategic shooters. Thus we are debating which genre is better.

either way it is pointless but so is everything when you get down the essence of the subject

MadMel
nope
this is the video games characters vs
not the actual games themselves
this threads against rules
then bob can open up a mario vs marcus thread

ragesRemorse
nope
this is the video games characters vs
not the actual games themselves
this threads against rules
then bob can open up a mario vs marcus thread

does it really matter? When you say that gears of war vs MArio sunshine is against the rules and it should be mario vs marcus...are you just busting balls?

Delta 62
"A lesser Mario game"? I've never understood the idiotic reasoning behind that, SMS owned. Gears was awesome for a while but campaign loses it's flair after Insane and online multiplayer is lame; i've completely lost interest in it.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Delta 62
"A lesser Mario game"? I've never understood the idiotic reasoning behind that, SMS owned.

Damn right

Cloud_VII
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/SymmetricChaos/image.gif

Emperor Ashtar
How dare you defile frey. . .

Lana
Read the rules, please.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.