Ken vS Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
How'd win?

JacopeX
RYU

Nuff said.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by JacopeX
RYU

Nuff said.

Tha C-Master
I'm glad someone made this, me and brainchild had an off topic discussion, as he believes that Ken is more of a natural than Ryu. I disagree however.

Superboy Prime
I agree Ken is indeed more of a natural than Ryu, but being a natural is just that. Ryu trains harder and more than Ken and that is why he is usually a step ahead of Mr. Masters. Even with all the training on Ryu's behalf I still think any fight between these 2 will be close with Ryu winning more often than not. That's not to say I don't think Ken will ever win against Ryu, because it's possible for him to beat Ryu.

Emperor Ashtar
People are forgetting though that Ryu is better than ken in terms of fighting. And, where does it state that Ken is a natural, where is that even implyed?

Superboy Prime
It was implied in the SF2 anime. They calculated Ken's fighting potential and came to the conclusion that either their cyborg did not get seccessful data or that Ken is withholding his full potential. Which is made obvious in the movie when Ken doesn't give 100% in his fights unless it is against Ryu. The only person who had managed to beat him before. Also during their training flashbacks we usually see Ken doing better at first, but then Ryu overcoming Ken through sheer will power & determination.

Emperor Ashtar
The anime isn't canon though, unless you believe Ken and Ryu working as a team can beat bison with one hadouken?

Superboy Prime
I know the anime is not canon. I don't think it isn't canon because of Ryu/Ken teamwork, **** that makes more sense then just Guile beating the living daylights out of Bison. However Ken doesn't train as much in the SF storyline and yet still manages to be just one step behind Ryu. That IMO makes him more of a natural than Ryu.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I know the anime is not canon. I don't think it isn't canon because of Ryu/Ken teamwork, **** that makes more sense then just Guile beating the living daylights out of Bison.

Guile beating bison isn't really known ever since they introduced gouki.

However Ken doesn't train as much in the SF storyline and yet still manages to be just one step behind Ryu. That IMO makes him more of a natural than Ryu.

Nobody, really trains as much as Ryu, But ken still trains. So, again, how is he a natural?

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Guile beating bison isn't really known ever since they introduced gouki.

And?

Nobody, really trains as much as Ryu, But ken still trains. So, again, how is he a natural?

Less training and yet manages to keep up. How is he not more of a natural then Ryu?

It is highly speculated that Ken did beat Ryu in SF2, and yet Ken didn't train as much, if any at all, before the 2nd SF.

Emperor Ashtar
And?

And, there is no point in bringing it up.

Less training and yet manages to keep up. How is he not more of a natural then Ryu?
Less training is why he's only able to keep up, and not stalemate or beat him completely.

It is highly speculated that Ken did beat Ryu in SF2, and yet Ken didn't train as much, if any at all, before the 2nd SF.
Again, you exagerrating, how much less does he train than ryu? We do not know, Yet, your claiming he has natural talent because he can almost keep up with ryu?

Superboy Prime
His lack of training/practice in SF2 was enough to include it in Ken's backstory in the Sf2 instruction booklet. At the time he received Ryu's letter he was on vacation with Eliza, go figure.

Emperor Ashtar
His lack of training/practice in SF2 was enough to include it in Ken's backstory in the Sf2 instruction booklet. At the time he received Ryu's letter he was on vacation with Eliza, go figure.

But, that is not my point though. Yeah, he trains less than Ryu, but he's till comes up second to ryu.

olympian
Ryu obviously, altho Ken is a close second.

Cloud_VII
Uh...Ryu

beta ray bob
i don't like ryu

Remulous
Ryu has already defeated Ken, he is also currently training with Oro so I'm pretty sure he can do it again.
But Ken is no slouch, in fact he's one of the best in SF history and if he trained as much as Ryu he would be better seeing as how he doesn't train as much, yet is still able to keep up.

Tha C-Master
It was implied in the SF2 anime. They calculated Ken's fighting potential and came to the conclusion that either their cyborg did not get seccessful data or that Ken is withholding his full potential. Which is made obvious in the movie when Ken doesn't give 100% in his fights unless it is against Ryu. The only person who had managed to beat him before. Also during their training flashbacks we usually see Ken doing better at first, but then Ryu overcoming Ken through sheer will power & determination. Not what happened. It said, "their fighting skills are equal".

Bison said, "but that doesn't mean they have the same potential".

That was a hint at Ryu, he has to train so he won't be a threat with his own power. He is pretty much implied as the "chosen one", and has brought the style up to the darker version by time of SF3. Ryu is pretty much always distracted or has something going on while fighting Ken.
But Ashtar is right, the terminology is vague, they both train, but we don't know the difference in the gap.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Not what happened. Yeah it did mane.
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
It said, "their fighting skills are equal".

Bison said, "but that doesn't mean they have the same potential".100% right and then that's when what SBP said happened. Scientist dude said they couldn't get a potential number for Ken because perhaps he never fights to his true potential. I bought the DVD from Tower Records before they closed downsad
I've always liked naturals. That's why I always liked Ken a bit more even though Ryu was the hero. Originally posted by Tha C-Master
That was a hint at Ryu, he has to train so he won't be a threat with his own power. He is pretty much implied as the "chosen one", and has brought the style up to the darker version by time of SF3. Ryu is pretty much always distracted or has something going on while fighting Ken.
But Ashtar is right, the terminology is vague, they both train, but we don't know the difference in the gap. It was more of a hint @Ken IMO. Bison even spoke of unlocking Ken's potential IIRC. I'll watch the DVD tomorrow. I think they called Ken a natural or something to that extent in the SF2 Sega Genesis instruction manual. We do all agree that Ryu trains more. The guy pretty much does nothing but eat, sleep, train & fight. Ken bangs his wife and has kids. If Ryu was more of a natural then Ken AND he trained harder than Ken, the "gap" would be enormous to the point where Ken didn't even come close to Ryu EVER. There'd be no point in fighting because Ken'd be guaranteed an asswhoopin' of the highest degree. Any edge Ryu has on Ken is because Ryu wants it a LOT more and trains as such. Ryu's the man because got the ultimate work ethic.

Tha C-Master
I believe the SF'ers are "naturals" in the sense that they have a high aptitude for martial arts. Ken trains alot, he may have a wife, but he trains, and he has a student canonically. He's always trying to keep with Ryu, and he trains to reach that goal. Ryu trains to be the best, that's the main difference between the two. Like the turtles, they undergo serious training, but Ryu takes it to the next step. If Ryu and Ken were to have to learn a technique, Ryu would learn it first regardless, it's simply in his body. Which is why he trains more to master it.

It's not like Ken is a 2 and Ryu is a 10 in training IMO. More like Ken is an 8 compared to Ryu's 10, or Akuma's 10.

It would be cool to watch Bison train though. Also (canonically) Bison wanted Ken's body. Oro wanted to train him, and Akuma saw his potential.

Tha C-Master
I meant to say Bison wanted Ryu's body. My bad.

Kazenji
Originally posted by brainchild81

I'll watch the DVD tomorrow. I think they called Ken a natural or something to that extent in the SF2 Sega Genesis instruction manual.

If thats the street fighter 2 movie you have to remember with the Anime Movie Capcom them' selves haven't exactly said what happens in it is 100% true.

olympian
Didn`t ken won "SF2"?

Its not out of scretch to think they wer that close back then, but nowadays the gap is significant.

JacopeX
Ryu was a fighter longer than Ken was and trained with his master longer than Ken. so Ryu is way better than Ken experienced wise.

Fighting wise- Experience in fighting means getting better and better. Ryu is pretty much alot more serious than Ken when it comes to fighting.

brainchild81
Ditto. He does nothing but train & fight.Originally posted by Kazenji
If thats the street fighter 2 movie you have to remember with the Anime Movie Capcom them' selves haven't exactly said what happens in it is 100% true. I know. The movies were brought up so I talked about them. Movies are not canon

shin_remy
INgame

Ken over Ryu ( most of sf's)

not in the game

Ryu. it is not the background or something, it is the will and potention Ryu has. Same reason why Oro wants to train him.

Besides, Ken lives happily now. It is 2-2 official and uncanon pfff can't remember it

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by shin_remy
INgame

Ken over Ryu ( most of sf's)

not in the game

Ryu. it is not the background or something, it is the will and potention Ryu has. Same reason why Oro wants to train him.

Besides, Ken lives happily now. It is 2-2 official and uncanon pfff can't remember it
Ken lover, die!!! evil face

King Nothing
Both Ken and Ryu are alright (not all that). Akuma and Evil Ryu are the best out of the Anasatsuken fighters to me.

Kazenji
Ditto. He does nothing but train & fight. I know. The movies were brought up so I talked about them. Movies are not canon

Indeed when it comes to games as much as like the movie streetfigher 2 movie and series.

brainchild81
Awesome series.

Kazenji
I allways was a Ken fan more then Ryu

brainchild81
Ditto. Ken's about as cool as it gets for fighting game characters.

Emperor Ashtar
Why does everyone like ken so much, ever since I was in Junior High it has always been about ken.

brainchild81
He talks a lot of sh*t. He gets the girls. He kicks ass. Most of his anime versions have been cool & badass. & he sets people on fire.

Emperor Ashtar
He talks a lot of sh*t. He gets the girls. He kicks ass. Most of his anime versions have been cool & badass. & he sets people on fire.

laughing Good point

Tha C-Master
I know people who love Ken, and some alot who love Ryu.

I always chose Ryu and my brother always got Ken in Dramatic battle.

Remulous
SHINRYUKEN!!!

brainchild81
SHORYUREPPA!!!!!!!!!!!Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I know people who love Ken, and some alot who love Ryu.

I always chose Ryu and my brother always got Ken in Dramatic battle. Ryu's the man. He's an icon. Wouldn't mind Ken getting a lil' more respect from Capcom though. I hate how they shortened his fireball in MVC2. It went all the way in XMen Vs. SF. Best combo into a super ever: foot sweep into Shinryuken. Works in CVS2.

Tha C-Master
He had a different purpose in MVC2, it was nice that he was different.

brainchild81
His purpose was to f**k people up up close & be anti air help right? I still don't know why they decided to snuff his fireball like that. Different is cool, but don't turn Ken into Dan. He was different enough in X-Men v.SF IMO. He was like my Akuma-lite

Remulous
His purpose was to f**k people up up close & be anti air help right? I still don't know why they decided to snuff his fireball like that. Different is cool, but don't turn Ken into Dan. He was different enough in X-Men v.SF IMO. He was like my Akuma-lite I know why Ken's fireball was changed...he would be to f**kin powerful if he had a fireball that went all the way across the screen. All Ken's other moves were outrageously useful and he was fast as hell. His Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku really gave him a high combo percentage with out having to use hypers and he could do that cool ass Shoryuken in the air...

an aerial Shoryuken, f**kin cool.

JacopeX
He talks a lot of sh*t. He gets the girls. He kicks ass. Most of his anime versions have been cool & badass. & he sets people on fire. I hate Ken. When I was a child, I always see Ken as a rip off. I prefered Ryu always over Ken.

Kazenji
I hate Ken. When I was a child, I always see Ken as a rip off. I prefered Ryu always over Ken.

And Dan is a crappy rip-off of the both of them

brainchild81
Actually, Dan was made to make fun of the characters from AOF. RyO was an extreme ripoff in terms of almost everything from Ryu & Ken. Robert seemed to just have the moves. Dan looks like Robert but dresses like RyoOriginally posted by Remulous
I know why Ken's fireball was changed...he would be to f**kin powerful if he had a fireball that went all the way across the screen. All Ken's other moves were outrageously useful and he was fast as hell. His Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku really gave him a high combo percentage with out having to use hypers and he could do that cool ass Shoryuken in the air...

an aerial Shoryuken, f**kin cool. That must have been it. As you imply, he's pretty f**kin' powerful w/out it. With it's he was a monster.Originally posted by JacopeX
I hate Ken. When I was a child, I always see Ken as a rip off. I prefered Ryu always over Ken. Ken's personality is almost an exact opposite of Ryu's. He's not a ripoff.(Ryo from AOF is though) Ken was originally created so you could have 2 players in SF1. That's why the moves were the same. This is before "mirror matches" & alternate costumes came into use. Having 2 characters w/a similar fighting style and/or look became standard in fighting games for a while. World Heroes had Hanzo & Fuuma. AOF had the Ripoff Suckazaki & Robert. MK had Sub-Zero & Scorpion.

brainchild81
Edit: Hanzo & Fuuma

JacopeX
RyO was an extreme ripoff in terms of almost everything from Ken I havent laughed so hard in years.

Eclipse_XII
laughing Maybe if you spend the time to read people's arguments you wouldn't be laughing your head off in complete ignorance.

FistOfThe North
I picked Ryu. Ryu just seems like the ultimate fighting machine, to me while Ken seems like he'd rather go surfing fix his hair and whether or not he looks good or his moves look good, while he's fighting.

Ryu would more fully, inwardly (if that's even a word) and genuinely concentrate on a fight while Ken would concentrate on the more superficial, while in a fight.

Kazenji
Actually, Dan was made to make fun of the characters from AOF.

I still think Dan is a rip off of both Ryu and ken (Without using reading the technical info on it)

Tha C-Master
Dan was made to make fun of Ryo, the Ryu knock-off.

brainchild81
DittoOriginally posted by JacopeX
I havent laughed so hard in years. @what?

JacopeX
Originally posted by Kazenji
And Dan is a crappy rip-off of the both of them Dan is a joke and I hate his moves and he is not funny as the creators thought he would be. Pretty much the worst and most useless Char. in the SF roster IMO.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5903/neverdaned4.gifhttp://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4374/backstorybannerya8.jpg

Sado22
i find Cyber akuma easiest to beat with Dan.
OYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~The Invincible Sado-sama

shin_remy
Ken lover, die!!! evil face

sorry i surrender big grin laughing

brainchild81
I havent laughed so hard in years. @what?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sado22
i find Cyber akuma easiest to beat with Dan.
OYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Or even use wolverine on him take your pick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.