Black Bolt runs the Gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph

Redatom65
boy, he get's really far. he get's passed 8 for sure.

SpunkySmurph
Oh, he can get further then that...

Redatom65
o i know, i jsut wanted to point that out. that's why i said he get's far

SpunkySmurph
stick out tongue

I think Sersi or Magic Doom stop him...

Validus
Sersi takes him.

Symmetric Chaos
This is the only gauntlet I've seen that would be easier if he faced them all at once.

Board Walker
He might stop at 8...or have none of you see the new WWH?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Board Walker
He might stop at 8...or have none of you see the new WWH? roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
This is the only gauntlet I've seen that would be easier if he faced them all at once. Meh. The outcome would probably be the same.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Board Walker
He might stop at 8...or have none of you see the new WWH? Yeah I saw it. The PIS level disgusts me... people have forgotten what Blackbolt can do.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Meh. The outcome would probably be the same.

But faster and cooler looking. Plus I would piss myself laughing.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But faster and cooler looking. Plus I would piss myself laughing. You're just looking for an explanation for pissing yourself... ermmnone

Redatom65
see guys, I knew that WWH would be mantioned, hence me going out of my way to mention he beats him stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
You're just looking for an explanation for pissing yourself... ermmnone

erm

I almost fell out of my chair when BB blew up that Skrull ship.

jollyjim311
He can only speak in six matches?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by jollyjim311
He can only speak in six matches? Correct.

charlemagne9746
BB might can speak in the last four matches

Validus
There was no PIS in the WWH preview. All BB was whisper. You expect Hulk to explode or some shit?

Martian_mind
Joker stops him cold.

LordFear
he clears this with not much sweat

xmeat
stops at eight

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmeat
stops at eight

Until he yells and Hulk goes flying.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by xmeat
stops at eight mai posts r suk

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Validus
There was no PIS in the WWH preview. All BB was whisper. You expect Hulk to explode or some shit? No. But BB's voice was treated as a concussive force.... which it's not. And BB has said "ouch" into the ground and caused worldwide disasters....

UniOmni
He can clear it, barring some wonky shitstorm with Magneto.

SpunkySmurph
Meh. He should beat Mags without talking.

draxx_tOfU
clears it...

Validus
No. But BB's voice was treated as a concussive force.... which it's not. And BB has said "ouch" into the ground and caused worldwide disasters....
It's been treated as a concussive force so many times in so many books I don't even take notice.

And yes he's caused worldwide disasters but he's not likely to do that with his wife standing 10 feet away.

SpunkySmurph
It's been treated as a concussive force so many times in so many books I don't even take notice.

And yes he's caused worldwide disasters but he's not likely to do that with his wife standing 10 feet away. Meh. More so recently then in his earlier days. Like Apocalypse, and Mr. Sinister, writers have steadily degraded the character to the point where they don't even have the same powerset anymore.

Correct... so, logically, he would have to focus all that world-wide disaster causing power at one location/direction, which, as I'm sure you know, he's perfectly capable of. Thusly, the attack against Hulk would be even more potent, and... he got blown backwards. I could deal with it if he got torn up a bit, or something, since that would be a lot closer to the actual power. The way they showed it, it might as well have been Cyclops' blast coming from his mouth.

Validus
His face did seem to be getting torn up a little from what I can tell. And still, you have to imagine BB wasn't going for the kill shot with his face attack. It's not as if he doesn't know who Hulk is.

SpunkySmurph
Still though, it had an entirley different affect then it should have...

SpunkySmurph
So, any other opinions on the fight(s)?

Validus
Hulk wins!

*runs*

boriquaking55
I think Sersi stops him.

She would overpower his matter manipulation (BB's is strong, but Sersi's is stronger)

Accel
BB's voice has been shown to be more of a concussive force than any thing else more times than not. You'd have to ignore most of its showings to consider it any other way.

I don't see any problem with Hulk taking it. It just shows how much his durability has increased.

SpunkySmurph
No. In recent comics, it's been shown to do that. It's like people have forgotten what BB's voice does....

Accel
May be "concussive isn't the right word for it, but the voice has always been portrayed as a destructive force similar to what those WWH previews show. Some writers show different effects of the voice, but the end result is almost always the same.

This writer's portrayal is really no different.

SpunkySmurph
Destructive Force is a broad term.

Essentially, what I'm saying, is that there is a major difference between causing destructive disturbances in an electron field through speech, and Banshee on vocal steroids.

Guess what they showed.

bigbran

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by bigbran
The list is out of order... but meh...
I'd say, Doom has the best chance at beating him, and the only way Blackbolt is beating him, is with a scream (or one of those blasts that put Hulk down...). Yeah, I know. I wrote it up fast, and I realised afterwards that Britain, Comet (who I meant to cancel TK for as well), Nova and Mar-Vell in particular could use some rearanging.

But it doesn't matter really, cause BB won't have real issues until Doom.

bigbran
Yeah, I know. I wrote it up fast, and I realised afterwards that Britain, Comet (who I meant to cancel TK for as well), Nova and Mar-Vell in particular could use some rearanging.

But it doesn't matter really, cause BB won't have real issues until Doom. Indeed... although Magneto... no wait... f*ck Magneto.

Doom could potentially one-shot him (judging by his perfomance in Infinity-War), but the same could go for BB... but he would also have to deal with that shield, and armour...
Hmm...

UniOmni
Destructive Force is a broad term.

Essentially, what I'm saying, is that there is a major difference between causing destructive disturbances in an electron field through speech, and Banshee on vocal steroids.

Guess what they showed.

I totally agree with you.

Writers seem to have lost all creativity, and editors aren't worth the money they're being paid.

I'd rather a full out scream from Blackbolt, be akin to a blackhole opening up in someones face, than a scream from Banshee.

Incredible pressure draws them into a minature event horizon, and actually causes them to implode, depending on the intensity of the scream.

Antimatter attacks should be akin to a flesh eating disease, that nothing but bonafide cosmics can withstand.

I'd pay to see Sentry unleash a blast of energy so hot, it wipes the moon smooth as glass, only to reveal Blackbolt holding a miniblackhole in his hand, and stabilizing the space around it through his electron control, and use the singularity to absorb all the energy so Attilan is saved.

Then he unleashes it tenfold on Sentry via the antenna, and destroys Jupiter in the process.

Low to midherald level my black ass!!

All without saying a word, shutting up the unwashed who believe thats all Blackagar has to his name.

Martian_mind
Wait!!!

Grant Morrison is Black?

Skeets
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Wait!!!

Grant Morrison is Black? '
Yeah.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by UniOmni
I totally agree with you.

Writers seem to have lost all creativity, and editors aren't worth the money they're being paid.

I'd rather a full out scream from Blackbolt, be akin to a blackhole opening up in someones face, than a scream from Banshee.

Incredible pressure draws them into a minature event horizon, and actually causes them to implode, depending on the intensity of the scream.

Antimatter attacks should be akin to a flesh eating disease, that nothing but bonafide cosmics can withstand.

I'd pay to see Sentry unleash a blast of energy so hot, it wipes the moon smooth as glass, only to reveal Blackbolt holding a miniblackhole in his hand, and stabilizing the space around it through his electron control, and use the singularity to absorb all the energy so Attilan is saved.

Then he unleashes it tenfold on Sentry via the antenna, and destroys Jupiter in the process.

Low to midherald level my black ass!!

All without saying a word, shutting up the unwashed who believe thats all Blackagar has to his name.

Indeed. yes

It seems that, over the years, creativity and character concepts have been exchanged for nicer pages and better ink. Shame, really.

laughing out loud Awesome. Black Bolt is another character with so much potential, and yet it seems that all that he can accomplish is to blow Hulk backwards.

God, it drives me up the wall to hear fanboys argue that their character > Black Bolt because they've withstood sonics before.

UniOmni
Truth.com

I don't think writers realize that the better and more hardcore the fight is, the better the victor looks for surviving and taking the win.

Hulk taking minature blackholes being opened in his face, and regenerating from antimatter(since durability shouldn't be a defense against it), and taking a blast that can destroy a planet only makes Hulk look better for defeating the guy who did all that.

psycho gundam
hulk took a scream and still fought

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by UniOmni
Truth.com

I don't think writers realize that the better and more hardcore the fight is, the better the victor looks for surviving and taking the win.

Hulk taking minature blackholes being opened in his face, and regenerating from antimatter(since durability shouldn't be a defense against it), and taking a blast that can destroy a planet only makes Hulk look better for defeating the guy who did all that. Indeed.

Doing it properly would only amp up the feat for Hulk, and make his WWH appearance just a little more legit.

It's occured to me how much KMC underrated Black Bolt... I've seen credited posters give people like Hulk and Magneto a large win over him.

So, any other opinons on the gauntlet?

ExodusCloak
Solar Flare nullifying, miniature black hole encapsulating, reality hole ripping, cosmic entity blinking BlackBolt?

He should clear it. (Magneto being a wild card...because he has some very odd feats in terms of thought processing, the newest feat I've come across being this):

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5207/thexmenvstheavengers042xb7.jpg

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by psycho gundam
hulk took a scream and still fought Somebody doesn't pay attention to anything else posted...

Grimm22
Sersi takes him.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
clears it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.