Adam Warlock vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
Two powerhouses and Adam doesn't have the soul gem but MM is fighting in soulworld where Adam is fully intuned with that dimension.

Who wins!!!????

LordFear
Warlock wins in my opinion

darthgoober
Inside the Soul World MM doesn't have a chance in Hell against Warlock.

Adam 10/10.

guy222
Originally posted by LordFear
Two powerhouses and Adam doesn't have the soul gem but MM is fighting in soulworld where Adam is fully intuned with that dimension.

Who wins!!!????

aw

LordFear
Originally posted by darthgoober
Inside the Soul World MM doesn't have a chance in Hell against Warlock.

Adam 10/10.

Now wait a minute because many kmc members argue that MM is more powerful than Xavier mentally. I was under the impression that MM would have a good chance in that case

LordFear
Furthermore without the soul gem, I though Adam might be sweating a bit

darthgoober
Now wait a minute because many kmc members argue that MM is more powerful than Xavier mentally. I was under the impression that MM would have a good chance in that case
Furthermore without the soul gem, I though Adam might be sweating a bit
The thing is that Warlock is even more powerful when he's inside the Soul World than he in when he's outside of it and in possession of the gem. And even outside of the Soul World, he's still pretty freakin powerful without the gem(enough to go toe to toe with Thor).

LordFear
The thing is that Warlock is even more powerful when he's inside the Soul World than he in when he's outside of it and in possession of the gem. And even outside of the Soul World, he's still pretty freakin powerful without the gem(enough to go toe to toe with Thor).

my understanding according to many fanatics in here concerning MM is that his telepathy and overall mental abilities could topple the greatest minds in the MU and so with that rationale in mind, I thought he could protect himself somehow within Soul World while battling Adam

darthgoober
my understanding according to many fanatics in here concerning MM is that his telepathy and overall mental abilities could topple the greatest minds in the MU and so with that rationale in mind, I thought he could protect himself somehow within Soul World while battling Adam
His power in the Soul World won't be determined by the strength of his mind, it'll be determined by the strength of his spirit. Drax's mind was weak as Hell when he fought Warlock there, but he(Drax) was even more powerful inside the Soul World than outside of it, because he(like Warlock) has such a strong spirit. MM may in fact possess a spirit like that(and thus b e able to give Warlock a fight) but I haven't seen any evidence to that effect which is why I give Warlock 10/10.

LORDSIDIOUS01
John Jonnzz doesn't stand a chance against Adam Warlock.

Martian_mind
Jonn does have one of the strongest spirits in comics,tell me who else could keep going after losing his whole race,his wife and child,then he turned evil and killed the second woman he loved.Then he went and thought he found a bunch of survivors from his race,but it turns out They're just evil white martians.Then find out that there is a Green martian left,but she is a woman who wishes to kill Jonn and all of humanity.

Plus jonn has his own mini telepathic soul mansion,and when Fernus surprised him and took over,Jonn was able to to retake control and actually interrupt a highly powerful and spiritual ritual and be reborn.

Still,the fact that this is put in a place where mind powers mean nothing and Warlock has an immediate advantage means Adam wins 6.5-7/10.

LordFear
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jonn does have one of the strongest spirits in comics,tell me who else could keep going after losing his whole race,his wife and child,then he turned evil and killed the second woman he loved.Then he went and thought he found a bunch of survivors from his race,but it turns out They're just evil white martians.Then find out that there is a Green martian left,but she is a woman who wishes to kill Jonn and all of humanity.

Plus jonn has his own mini telepathic soul mansion,and when Fernus surprised him and took over,Jonn was able to to retake control and actually interrupt a highly powerful and spiritual ritual and be reborn.

Still,the fact that this is put in a place where mind powers mean nothing and Warlock has an immediate advantage means Adam wins 6.5-7/10.

why are we assuming that mind powers in this fight is useless?
Despite the fact that they are fighting in SOUL WORLD, any mental abilities are of usage to MM

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why not just put Jonn in hell against Mephisto. I'm sure he'd have an easier time of it than Giving Warlock this fight in Soul World. Or we can put Superman in the middle of a yellow sun and then have him fight Thor.

LordFear

My thing is if I gave him the use of the soul gem, people would cry out overkill. I know that he is powerful within that pocket world but I don't see him as powerful with the soul gem which is a source of limitless spiritual power

SpunkySmurph
Give Jonn the soul gem, and a bit of expierience.

Then he might not get stomped quite as badly.

Martian_mind
Soul World IS the heart of the Soul Gem.Warlock is in the very heart of his power,Warlock is basically god there,Jonn would stand a better chance if you gave Warlock the gem and had them fight in a neutral environment.

LordFear
Soul World IS the heart of the Soul Gem.Warlock is in the very heart of his power,Warlock is basically god there,Jonn would stand a better chance if you gave Warlock the gem and had them fight in a neutral environment.

Warlock has complete mastery of HIS spirit which in turn can make him withstand the constant temptations of the soul gem. Remember that the gem is at its nature evil because it craves souls endlessly. Adam is the perfect one to hold the gem because he can keep his spiritual control over it. When he couldn't things like The Goddesse and Magus appeared.
My point is that it hinders upon the opponent which he is fighting. If the opponent has a strong spirit, it could make for an interesting fight

LordFear
BTW from the comix I have read, MM is very spiritually grounded and centered. That will be perhaps his most important attribute in dealing with Warlock

draxx_tOfU
why are we assuming that mind powers in this fight is useless?
Despite the fact that they are fighting in SOUL WORLD, any mental abilities are of usage to MM

warlock has a clean slate against telepathy...

guy222
AW

kevdude
Adam wins no way MM going to win in this setting...

quanchi112
MM cant beat him anywhere but here its stomp city.

Martian_mind
Considering this is based on the strength of the soul,onn might have a chance,since he's been able to manipulate souls under his own power,and martian souls have been able to warp reality and depower people before.

Zeitgeist
Considering this is based on the strength of the soul,onn might have a chance,since he's been able to manipulate souls under his own power,and martian souls have been able to warp reality and depower people before. You logged off, *****. ha-son

Galan007
Considering this is based on the strength of the soul,onn might have a chance,since he's been able to manipulate souls under his own power,and martian souls have been able to warp reality and depower people before. When's a martian soul done that?

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Galan007
When's a martian soul done that?

In Ostranders run,Jonn's ancestor brought the sphinx to life and conjured a sandtorm so violent not even meta humans could handle it.

Plus the spirit of the Martian elders have removed Jonns and 5 other green martians telepathy.

Mindset
You're a big fat liar

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Mindset
You're a big fat liar

Nah,i just know more then you do.

Mindset
I can make up stuff too. hitler

horrorwolf
MM inside the Soulworld vs. Warlock?!???

LULZ

Jonn has no chance is hell.....funny thread though.

Galan007
In Ostranders run,Jonn's ancestor brought the sphinx to life and conjured a sandtorm so violent not even meta humans could handle it.

Plus the spirit of the Martian elders have removed Jonns and 5 other green martians telepathy. A martian soul alone was responsible for those feats?

Endrict Nuul

Plus the spirit of the Martian elders have removed Jonns and 5 other green martians telepathy.

What issue? or put up a scan.

quanchi112
Considering this is based on the strength of the soul,onn might have a chance,since he's been able to manipulate souls under his own power,and martian souls have been able to warp reality and depower people before. Scans please.

Martian_mind
Yes it was a martian soul,it happened in the ghost of mars storyline,somewhere around issue 25,i'll put it up if when i can be assed to scan later tonight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.