Who can speedblitz the Flash?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Because you know it can be done.

I want people to aknowledge Flash can get speed blitzed, lets hear some arguments.

starlock
Zoom-uses time manipulation to go fast(i am not an expert) i think he has speedblitz flash

Symmetric Chaos
Zoom
Anyone with the TimeGem and PowerGem
Anyone with the SpaceGem and PowerGem
Strange or Fate with time to get a spell ready
Yuki (because she's just that awsome)

janus77
A naked Wonder Woman. no force in the multiverse can move when Diana's deadly orbs are unveiled.

BaptizedAtheist
Infinite

Endless Mike
The Shrike

Marie-Lee
Originally posted by janus77
A naked Wonder Woman. no force in the multiverse can move when Diana's deadly orbs are unveiled.

That is a way of thinking no expression

Galvaclaw
Didn't Superboy Prime blitz multiple Flashes?

Loot
Flash can sppedblitz flash, example: wally west speedblitzing jay garrick

Magee
Bart can speed blitz jay and probably every other flash, zoom can blitz wally and every other flash. I would imagine the runner could, aswell as anyone with the time gem. Superboy prime has and im pretty sure Superman has blitzed wally.

Soljer
Deathstroke. shifty .

Galan007
Originally posted by starlock
Zoom-uses time manipulation to go fast(i am not an expert) i think he has speedblitz flash Actually in the latest issue of Flash, Bart and Zoom were fighting so fast, that they were phasing through each other:

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1694/20ny2.th.jpg

So if Zoom only uses time manipulation, and isn't actually faster then you or I, then this feat should have been impossible right?

starlock
Originally posted by Galan007
Actually in the latest issue of Flash, Bart and Zoom were fighting so fast, that they were phasing through each other:

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1694/20ny2.th.jpg

So if Zoom only uses time manipulation, and isn't actually faster then you or I, then this feat should have been impossible right?

Hey there,i have been collecting the whole new flash series,and i was thinking maybe there is a point where you go so fast that you will vibrate thru things,i know its a stunt they have used in the past,but are they saying there is a point it will happen without their wanting to? i can see it with bart since its new to have all of the speed force inside you,but has zoom been retconned latley?

I know alot about flash,i know a little about Zoom,although i did read the respect threads

Validus
Right.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Soljer
Deathstroke. shifty .

I second that. cool

Galan007
Originally posted by starlock
but has zoom been retconned latley? srug

Something must have happened with Zoom's power-set.

At the beginning of the issue, he was in a completely different time line.Originally posted by Validus
Right. That feat is screwy, but whatever.

Validus
Yeah, Zoom shouldn't be able to time travel like that either. Either Guggenheim didn't do his homework or Zoom got a retcon.

Galan007
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, Zoom shouldn't be able to time travel like that either. Either Guggenheim didn't do his homework or Zoom got a retcon. Or maybe he got a "Boom" Tube from Darkseid?:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/760/15lk4.th.jpg

shifty

guy222
Originally posted by Bentley
Because you know it can be done.

I want people to aknowledge Flash can get speed blitzed, lets hear some arguments.

makkari

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm sure people can surprize the flash with Time manipulation, but speed blitz? Wave rider could Surpise flash, but he couldn't speed blitz him. Off Top of my head Glimmer should be able to speed blitz flash.

xmeat
quicksilver has evil face

Soljer
Originally posted by xmeat
quicksilver has evil face

No. Quicksilver never speedblitzed the Flash. Quicksilver speed blitzed an ordinary, powerless man.

shksprtx
Given the element of surprise, Northstar might be able to...his rated potential top speed is something like 99.9% of light speed...

Galan007
Originally posted by shksprtx
Given the element of surprise, Northstar might be able to...his rated potential top speed is something like 99.9% of light speed... You realize that Flash can move much faster then light speed, don't you?

Soljer
You realize that Flash can move much faster then light speed, don't you?

And can do so almost instantaneously.

Galan007
And can do so almost instantaneously. yes

Galan007
Originally posted by xmeat
quicksilver has evil face With all due respect, this solidifies your idiocy in my book. roll eyes (sarcastic)

shksprtx
You realize that Flash can move much faster then light speed, don't you?

That's why I said, "Given the element of surprise... "

erm

Soljer

erm

A well written Flash could react to incoming photons in his sleep.

Galan007

erm I guess if Flash was unconscious and having seizures, then this Northstar you refered to, might be able to get the upper hand on him speed-wise. smile

shksprtx
A well written Flash could react to incoming photons in his sleep.

But, see, that implies a biased writer and some CIS on Northstar's part...

Plus, I never said that Northstar could unequivocally speedblitz Flash, I just said that with the element of surprise he might be able to

Don't mean to upset any Flash/DC fanboys, but Northstar is the only non-DC speedster (as in, superspeed is his primary power, not that he just happens to be fast) who IMHO could possibly come close to speedblitzing...

Adult Swim Guy
So is northstar with marvel?Because i have never heard of him..and I just am going with this because i know flash well and i think that he cant be speed blitz

shksprtx
Originally posted by Adult Swim Guy
So is northstar with marvel?Because i have never heard of him..and I just am going with this because i know flash well and i think that he cant be speed blitz

Yes, Northstar is with Marvel...

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Northstar_%28Jean-Paul_Beaubier%29

shksprtx
Also: http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Northstar

starlock
Valid choices so far-i am not saying definetly but debatable,i am not some high and mighty know it all smile

Zoom
Makkari
Runner
Superboy prime
Glimmer

Symmetric Chaos
OK I still don't get the thing with Zoom's powers.

If I move my hand from point A to point B and to the world around me it seems that the action takes half a second how does it matter that I percieve it taking a full second?

He basicly does count as a speedster even though it's just manipulation of the relative flow of time.

Superboy Prime
*Cough*

Superboy Prime speedblitzed 3 flashes.

*Blush*

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
OK I still don't get the thing with Zoom's powers.

If I move my hand from point A to point B and to the world around me it seems that the action takes half a second how does it matter that I percieve it taking a full second?

He basicly does count as a speedster even though it's just manipulation of the relative flow of time.

Two words. Comic-book physics. laughing Yeah, it's kinda hard to figure out. But, he can speedblitz Flash.

Makkari and Runner on the other hand, cannot. They are so outclassed in speed it's not even funny. no

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Two words. Comic-book physics. laughing Yeah, it's kinda hard to figure out. But, he can speedblitz Flash.

I mean that since I believe my statement to be true then I disagree with the argument that others make that Zoom shouldn't be able to replicate what Flash does.

Validus
But it's been stated that Zoom doesn't have all the bonuses that make Flash so great. That was Wally's one advantage over Zoom.

id369
The Shrike

Symmetric Chaos
But it's been stated that Zoom doesn't have all the bonuses that make Flash so great. That was Wally's one advantage over Zoom.

Obviously Zoom doesn't have some of Flash's more incredible powers but he should still be able to replicate anything that is done just using speed.

Validus
But how when Zoom is technically no faster than you or me?

batdude123
Obviously Zoom doesn't have some of Flash's more incredible powers but he should still be able to replicate anything that is done just using speed.

Zoom manipulates time to make it seem like he's going incredibly fast.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
Zoom manipulates time to make it seem like he's going incredibly fast.

But if he actually translates through space at an equivalent speed how is it any different from being fast?

batdude123
But if he actually translates through space at an equivalent speed how is it any different from being fast?

He doesn't. He has to manipulate time in order to do so.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
He doesn't. He has to manipulate time in order to do so.

So is he even in actual motion? Is it jumping through time rapidly rather than running?

Validus
So is he even in actual motion? Is it jumping through time rapidly rather than running?
That's exactly what he's doing.

Symmetric Chaos
That's exactly what he's doing.

OK

I misunderstood his powers.

shksprtx
Originally posted by id369
The Shrike

From Hyperion?

Yes, it could...

Juntai
Are we talking about Wally or Bart?

Zoom didn't seem up to the challenge of going rounds with Bart.

Symmetric Chaos
From Hyperion?

Yes, it could...

To be fair the Shrike can blitz literally anything below abstract.

Validus
Nobody should be able to blitz the walking Speed Force that is Bart Allen. Hell, I'm not seeing anyone but Zoom that can blitz Wally if he's fully aware.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
Are we talking about Wally or Bart?

Zoom didn't seem up to the challenge of going rounds with Bart. That's only because Bart is the fastest being there is! stick out tongue

Hell, even with A LOT of borrowed speed, Wally still couldn't beat Zoom.

Bart however, seemed to take Zoom out pretty easily.

Juntai
That's only because Bart is the best Flash there is! stick out tongue

Hell, even with A LOT of borrowed speed, Wally still couldn't beat Zoom.

Bart however, seemed to take Zoom out pretty easily. I attribute a lot of what he's done or will be able to do, as Bart's creativeness being vastly over Wally's as well.

Hell, he taught Wally a lot of what he knew. Like vibrating through objects and stuff.

I don't know if any of you recall the Impulse ongoing, where Bart learned to fly by waving his legs real fast.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
I don't know if any of you recall the Impulse ongoing, where Bart learned to fly by waving his legs real fast. That is so ridiculous it's awesome!

Validus
Yeah, Bart has always been the Kyle Rayner of Flashes (Mr. Creativity). Wally is the Hal Jordan (Raw power). I hope they keep writing him like that.

Soljer
Yeah, Bart has always been the Kyle Rayner of Flashes (Mr. Creativity). Wally is the Hal Jordan (Raw power). I hope they keep writing him like that.

Except...since Bart IS the speed force, he has LEAGUES of power over Wally, too....

Galan007
What about the Flash from KC, wasn't he a being of the speedforce too?

Validus
Except...since Bart IS the speed force, he has LEAGUES of power over Wally, too....
Granted but that isn't the way he's directed his power thus far. Wally's solution for everything was just to push himself to go faster.

Juntai
What about the Flash from KC, wasn't he a being of the speedforce too? He seemed to just be a Flash, but a powerful one, "I have heard the Flash described as a man too fast to be contained by one plane of existance. Apperently, entire strata of reality are open to him."

"So I settled am I in my role as a spirit... that I have forgotten that fact."

But I dunno...

In the back in the rolecall section, it says emanating from the speed force, he may have the spirits of all the Flash's that proceeded him.

Juntai
Kind of open to interpretation I guess

Validus
I was the under the impression that KC Flash was just a Wally who fully embraced his role.

LORDSIDIOUS01
The original Flash

Bouboumaster
Aurora.
Runner.
Galactus.
Strange with a spell.
Silver Surfer, in a straight line might have the potential.
Wolverine.
Nightcrawler, maybe?

janus77
The Silver Surfer.
on panel speed feats would more or less qualify him for the task.

(what's this whole "straight line" caveat about? when has Surfer's speed been anything but 1) instantaneous and 2) when has he been anything but extremely mobile?)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Aurora.
Runner.
Galactus.
Strange with a spell.
Wolverine.
Nightcrawler, maybe?

Runner, Wolverine and Nightcrawler don't have much of a chance.

Endless Mike
Are you kidding? Runner would own him

Adult Swim Guy
Own the flash?..... and are u telling me that flash has the spirit of all of the other runners? I seen that episode where the jla went back in time and they met wit them did'int they?

Galan007
(what's this whole "straight line" caveat about? when has Surfer's speed been anything but 1) instantaneous and 2) when has he been anything but extremely mobile?) IMO, Surfer's greatest flat out speed feat was the IG incident.

From this instance we know SS can move at much greater then light speed, but that was only in a straight line.

You can always move faster in a straight line, then you can when you're zigzagging/fighting an opponent.

Flash on the other hand, can and has achieved much greater then light speed, not just moving in a straight line, but while battling his enemies, or saving the day.

And has Surfer EVER speedblitzed a being as fast as Flash?

Adult Swim Guy
nope!

shksprtx
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Aurora.
Runner.
Galactus.
Strange with a spell.
Wolverine.
Nightcrawler, maybe?

1) Aurora?

If you're referring to pre-genetic-manipulation Aurora, see the previous comments about Northstar, since their powers were identical before Langowski altered her DNA...

However, post-manipulation Aurora couldn't move nearly as fast (max speed of Mach 1 or so, as opposed to prior max speed of near light...), so the only way she could speedblitz Flash would be to try and stop/slow him with her light photokinesis...

Now, I heard that Aurora and Northstar were recently resurrected and altered by the Hand, and that they've been amped, so in that case she might could do it...but that assumes that Flash doesn't somehow trigger her Jeanne-Marie persona and cause her to spazz out...

2) Runner...not familiar enough to pass judgment.

3) Galactus? Don't know about that one...what are Galactus' speed feats?

4) Strange? Doubtful...unless he were to come up with a spell that shunted the Speedforce from Flash to himself...

5) Surfer...possible, but I have strong doubts...

6) Wolverine????? Not a chance...he's quick, but not nearly quick enough...

7) Nightcrawler...I don't know if he could even 'port close to Flash without Flash immediately running somewhere else...this one could come down to the writing...

Arachnid1
Anyone who stops time and

The Runner.

Arachnid1
1) Aurora?

If you're referring to pre-genetic-manipulation Aurora, see the previous comments about Northstar, since their powers were identical before Langowski altered her DNA...

However, post-manipulation Aurora couldn't move nearly as fast (max speed of Mach 1 or so, as opposed to prior max speed of near light...), so the only way she could speedblitz Flash would be to try and stop/slow him with her light photokinesis...

Now, I heard that Aurora and Northstar were recently resurrected and altered by the Hand, and that they've been amped, so in that case she might could do it...but that assumes that Flash doesn't somehow trigger her Jeanne-Marie persona and cause her to spazz out...

2) Runner...not familiar enough to pass judgment.

3) Galactus? Don't know about that one...what are Galactus' speed feats?

4) Strange? Doubtful...unless he were to come up with a spell that shunted the Speedforce from Flash to himself...

5) Surfer...possible, but I have strong doubts...

6) Wolverine????? Not a chance...he's quick, but not nearly quick enough...

7) Nightcrawler...I don't know if he could even 'port close to Flash without Flash immediately running somewhere else...this one could come down to the writing...

The runner is one of the fastest beings in comics. He casually speedblitzed Thanos who had the infinity gauntlet. He runs back and forth the universe in a second or two.

Look at powers and abilities here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runner_(comics)

Skeets
Waverider.

Longinus
who's the Shriek and Glimmer. Also, who's the faster, the Flash of KC or the new Flash/Bart?

King Kandy
Zoom isn't faster then Flash by a wide enough margin to speedblitz him, per say.

spidey-dude
super sonic with all chaos emeralds beats flash

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
Zoom isn't faster then Flash by a wide enough margin to speedblitz him, per say.

He was compared to Wally but recently he and Bart seemed pretty even.

King Kandy
He was compared to Wally but recently he and Bart seemed pretty even.
Not really... Wally could perseive Zooms motion.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
Not really... Wally could perseive Zooms motion.

But he had to amp a ridicuous amount in order to catch up.

geshien
wally and doomsday.

deathstroke never speedblitzed flash. he calculated his movements and used his speed against him. there's a difference.

King Kandy
But he had to amp a ridicuous amount in order to catch up.
Yeah. He had to amp to Match Zooms speed.

You don't need to match someones speed to be non-speedbiltzable.

Bentley
Who thinks the Runner can blitz Flash?

TricksterPriest
Who thinks the Runner can blitz Flash?

No one. stick out tongue He doesn't have anywhere near the speed or the feats.

RyogaHibiki
Masterbruce. he concentrates his chi in the speed around him and becomes ten times as fast as Flash

Arachnid1
Wolverine. shifty

Bentley
Flash has to work to get to lightspeed level, can the Runner accelerate faster?

Arachnid1
Flash has to work to get to lightspeed level, can the Runner accelerate faster?

He can literally "run" many times faster-than-light speed under his own power using only his legs. I'm not sure if he has to wait o get to that level or not but meh.

Also, another person who can speed blitz Flash is Makkari. Over a long-running story arc in that series the Eternal Makkari sought a means to achieve a speed to surpass the Runner. Eventually, Makkari ran against the Runner in a race and won, but at the cost of being stuck in super-speed where only other superfast beings like the Runner or beings with power over space and time could interact with him. This is why the Runner never utilizes the method Makkari used since it sacrificed everything for speed.

TricksterPriest
Neither of those two has anything close to the feats needed to speedblitz Flash. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Validus
Originally posted by geshien
deathstroke never speedblitzed flash. he calculated his movements and used his speed against him. there's a difference.
Which is still retarded. Not saying this about you but I hate to see people spin Deathstroke's showing against The Flash. The way Wally sees the world while running, something like Identity Crisis shouldn't ever happen.

Bentley
Fine, the Surfer then.

Hyperion Prime
Binary maybe able to speedblitz him. She has been clocked faster than the speed of light.

Gladiator was clocked at 100x the speed of light by Reed Richards.

Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel/Photon) may also be able to speed blitz him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Rambeau

Mindship
...which means Powergirl should be that much more effective...w/o even being naked.

Bentley
Whats the faster speed Supes has clocked?

abhilegend
Bump

Uriel005
the average flash can be blitzed but a top knotch Barry or Bart who are borderline/merging with the speedforce, nothing short of a high end reality warper capable of shutting down speed force/something like space gem/time gem is going to cut it imo. Runner wouldn't be able to compete with a Flashpoint Barry or a Speedforce merged Bart.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Uriel005
the average flash can be blitzed but a top knotch Barry or Bart who are borderline/merging with the speedforce, nothing short of a high end reality warper capable of shutting down speed force/something like space gem/time gem is going to cut it imo. Runner wouldn't be able to compete with a Flashpoint Barry or a Speedforce merged Bart.
You sure about that
Originally posted by abhilegend
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/00012.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/00013.jpg

PillarofOsiris
Worldbreaker Hulk

Uriel005
Originally posted by abhilegend
You sure about that Yes.

Sr J-Bieb
Iron Fist

Uriel005
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Binary maybe able to speedblitz him. She has been clocked faster than the speed of light.

Gladiator was clocked at 100x the speed of light by Reed Richards.

Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel/Photon) may also be able to speed blitz him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Rambeau To a top notch flash lightspeed is slow. But I see this isn't going anywhere. Assuming we're having flash moving and thinking as the top notch speedster that he has shown himself to be and ignore thinks like getting wacked by grodd and such nonsense... (Flash would literally feel the blow as it was coming and have time to kiss the fist and walk away...) You would need someone like Runner with a cloaking device to tag him. Or space/time gem. But if your asking Flash and his opponent stand on opposite sides of the field and the goal is to rush the Flash your answer is once again no. Short of using some kind of cosmic/mystical means to negate his speed, you aren't going to speedblitz flash.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Iron Fist

thumb up

-Pr-
Linda Park.

CosmicComet
Iron Fist

gets fisted

DarkSaint85
Lois Lane, as she has the reflexes and speed to keep up with Doomsday/Superman, apparently.

And as Doomsday had surprised the Flash before...

the Darkone
Silver Surfer, The Runner, Makkari, Zoom, Reverse Flash, Thor hammer, Gladiator, Black Racer

zeel
hermes

Mindset
Iron Fist Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset

Iron Fist

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

Originally posted by Mindset

http://i36.tinypic.com/10p55jt.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by the Darkone
Silver Surfer, The Runner, Makkari, Zoom, Reverse Flash, Thor hammer, Gladiator, Black Racer
http://gifsoup.com/view5/2199312/naked-gun-epic-facepalm-o.gif

carver9
People that can blitz Flash.

Goku
Vegeta
Picollo
Cell
Kid Buu
Gohan

StyleTime
I saw carver9 and was going to make a joke about his DBZ hilarity but......

.....he made the joke for me.

Don Corleone
Runner with gem ? confused

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9

Goku
Vegeta
Picollo
Cell
Kid Buu
Gohan

You forgot Hercule.

Prep-Man
Az 1M

Horrificus
Originally posted by Uriel005
To a top notch flash lightspeed is slow. But I see this isn't going anywhere. Assuming we're having flash moving and thinking as the top notch speedster that he has shown himself to be and ignore thinks like getting wacked by grodd and such nonsense... (Flash would literally feel the blow as it was coming and have time to kiss the fist and walk away...) You would need someone like Runner with a cloaking device to tag him. Or space/time gem. But if your asking Flash and his opponent stand on opposite sides of the field and the goal is to rush the Flash your answer is once again no. Short of using some kind of cosmic/mystical means to negate his speed, you aren't going to speedblitz flash. Or by coming up through the floor?...

Vision?

big grin

psycho gundam
the foreigner

Damborgson

Goku
Vegeta
Picollo
Cell
Kid Buu
Gohan

http://alexsdbzrpg.com/characters/Burter%203.jpg

He's the fastest in the universe.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://alexsdbzrpg.com/characters/Burter%203.jpg

He's the fastest in the universe.

Goku proved that claim wrong. He will still blitz Flash though.

stick out tongue

abhilegend
Goku proved that claim wrong. He will still blitz Flash though.

stick out tongue
laughing out loud

Uriel005
Originally posted by zeel
hermes maybe 20 years ago.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Horrificus
Or by coming up through the floor?...

Vision?

big grin don't think that qualifies as a speed blitz though and what stops him from vibrating through the grip?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.