Sarah Michelle Gellar joins 'The Dark Knight'?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hermione7

hermione7
and it's not the rachel dawes roles.. cause it's signed on maggie

hermione7
another one

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/5136/smgen7.jpg

http://www.glitteratigossip.com/glitterati/2007/03/sartah_michelle.html

March 29, 2007

Sarah Michelle Gellar To Join "Dark Knight" Cast?
Will "Buffy" take on "Batman"?

Sarah Michelle Gellar is allegedly in talks to join "The Dark Knight," the upcoming sequel to 2005's "Batman Begins."

According to a posting from an indie filmmaker, he was purusing Freddie Prinze, Jr.'s better half for his own movie when he learned the actress may be snubbing him for greener pastures.

"I had been talking back and forth with one of Sarah Michelle Gellar's reps about a role in a new film I start shooting in May. It was always a long shot, and we did get the run around for quite a while, but eventually, they expressed a morsel of interest. Never did speak to her though. Unfortunately, yesterday we were informed that she wouldn't be able to do it; because there might be a clash with 'Batman'. Seemed like a fight we wouldn't win, so gave up on that one."

No word yet from Warner Bros. Filming will commence next month with newbies Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal joining the original cast.

"The Dark Knight" will hit theaters July 18, 2008

---------------

if this rumour is true.. hoping selina's role is the one she's signed on.. you know blond one just like michelle pfeiffer.. I would be really happy.. I really love her as Buffy and i would be happy if she lands the role of catwoman.. (fingers crossed)

Altar[1stONE]
shes worse then katie holmes, if this is true. she might ruin the movie. Hopefully she plays jokers wife, so inevitably she will die.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Altar
shes worse then katie holmes, if this is true. she might ruin the movie.

I'll second that.

Emma718
Originally posted by Altar
shes worse then katie holmes, if this is true. she might ruin the movie. Hopefully she plays jokers wife, so inevitably she will die.

no expression disgust

what's so bad with Sarah?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by hermione7

if this rumour is true.. hoping selina's role is the one she's signed on.. you know blond one just like michelle pfeiffer.. I would be really happy.. I really love her as Buffy and i would be happy if she lands the role of catwoman.. (fingers crossed)

Funny enough the first thing I thought when I read this thread title was Selina Kyle, though I don't think she can pull off a reasonably good Catwomen. Harley Quinn maybe.

pr1983
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Funny enough the first thing I thought when I read this thread title was Selina Kyle, though I don't think she can pull off a reasonably good Catwomen. Harley Quinn maybe.

i'd rather she was harley than selina to be honest...

LORDSIDIOUS01
I really doubt that this rumor is true. I read the same thing and found out that it probably isn't true.

NoFate007
Harley would be the only thing I could possibly see her playing (but there are far better choices in my mind, like Brittany Murphy), but even that is a stretch I think. We MAY see Dr. Harleen Quinzel, but I don't think she'll be a big part, and thusly, I don't think someone like Gellar would be cast for such a small part.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by NoFate007
Harley would be the only thing I could possibly see her playing (but there are far better choices in my mind, like Brittany Murphy), but even that is a stretch I think. We MAY see Dr. Harleen Quinzel, but I don't think she'll be a big part, and thusly, I don't think someone like Gellar would be cast for such a small part.

Right on the money.

Tiberius
I think Gellar is O.K.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Tiberius
I think Gellar is O.K.

She is OK, but I don't think that she is going to be in this film.

DarthLazious
She would make a great Catwoman.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by DarthLazious
She would make a great Catwoman.

Catwoman hahahahahaha. I doubt if Catwoman will be in the franchise yet.

DarthLazious
Maybe in the 3rd flim?

Alfheim
Gellar would make a great Harley

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Maybe in the 3rd flim?

Catwoman in the 3rd film. HMMMM Interesting. She would be a good choice, but also shouldn't Robin come first.

DarthLazious
I dont think Robin should be in this series at all since it might ruin the Dark Image Batman stands for.

Jamaican
Yeah right. It didn't for the comics right? Once it's done right there won't be a problem. Plus, you know how many story lines are deleted if you take out Robin?

Well said, well said. I totally agree. If she had to play someone in the Batman franchise MAYBE she could play Harley. Maybe. But as you mentioned there are better choices. I can't picture Gellar having the backbone, or being a mean enough character(for lack of a better word). She's always struck me as being sort of "blah".

I think they should do a couple of films until they think about bringing in any sidekicks. This is, after all Batman, let's see it done right this time.

NoFate007
I could see them bringing in a young Dick Grayson for the third film, and making him begin his training at the end of the movie, but not really having him as Robin yet. The way they've been focusing on the mafia, Tony Zucco could definitely fit in there, you know? Just don't call the damn movie Robin Begins haha.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Robin would be very good for the franchise. I think he might surface in the third or fourth film.

hermione7
To quote Mr. Anonymous Filmmaker:

"Unfortunately, yesterday we were informed that she wouldn't be able to do it because there might be a clash with 'Batman.'"

As with all things in life, consider the source; there's the very real possibility that this is nothing but a bunch of unfounded hooey. On the other hand, with Maggie Gyllenhaal already on board to play Rachel Dawes, Gellar's involvement would give the film two female leads -- perhaps leading, as Cinematical has speculated, to the appearance of Bat-villain Harley Quinn.

This will need more corroboration before it's really worth taking seriously, but anything that might keep Gellar from making another would-be horror movie is good news in our book.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?date=1175279730&nav=prev

Jamaican
Originally posted by NoFate007
I could see them bringing in a young Dick Grayson for the third film, and making him begin his training at the end of the movie, but not really having him as Robin yet. The way they've been focusing on the mafia, Tony Zucco could definitely fit in there, you know? Just don't call the damn movie Robin Begins haha.

As usual you make comments that make sense. Definitely true. Probably in the 3rd film they should show a young Grayson, just not showing him as Robin until a later movie - just like you said.

One direction I'd like to see them go in (or actually a couple i think they should do & plan for) is to show other characters that haven't been showed yet in the movies - Harley Quinn, Shiva, David Cain. A true depiction of Batgirl preferably Babs so that later on we can see her as Oracle.

What would be nice is if by the 4th film or so they should be showing Grayson, B. Gordon fighting alongside Bruce so by the next film they could get those secondary characters out (by having Dick move on to his Nightwing role and possibly Barbara being shot by Joker). Something to that effect.

With that said, I hope that they have a long term plan rather than just doing it movie by movie.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Jamaican
As usual you make comments that make sense. Definitely true. Probably in the 3rd film they should show a young Grayson, just not showing him as Robin until a later movie - just like you said.

One direction I'd like to see them go in (or actually a couple i think they should do & plan for) is to show other characters that haven't been showed yet in the movies - Harley Quinn, Shiva, David Cain. A true depiction of Batgirl preferably Babs so that later on we can see her as Oracle.

What would be nice is if by the 4th film or so they should be showing Grayson, B. Gordon fighting alongside Bruce so by the next film they could get those secondary characters out (by having Dick move on to his Nightwing role and possibly Barbara being shot by Joker). Something to that effect.

With that said, I hope that they have a long term plan rather than just doing it movie by movie.

Interesting idea.

Pure Poison
SMG is so wrong for the role of Harley.

I personally think she would suit Batgirl

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Pure Poison
SMG is so wrong for the role of Harley.

I personally think she would suit Batgirl

Sarah Michelle Gellar is wrong for any role in the Batman franchise

The Pict
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

Buf....Sarah Michelle Gellar is one of the greatest actresses alive shakefist

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by The Pict
Buf....Sarah Michelle Gellar is one of the greatest actresses alive shakefist

laughing laughing laughing I wouldn't say that but she is a good actress. I don't think she would be good in any Batman role. Buffy was great. Buffy is not a Batman role.

Jamaican
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

I second that - they had seriously not be considering her for any of the roles. I think it would be an injustice to the Films. She's not a horrible actress but I think it would take away from the film. You know sometimes when you're watching a film and you see a certain actor or actress in there and from that point on your perspective of the movie changes? Well that's what will happen. She's not a good enough actress to take away from how well known she is. For example; a good actor you will see past their face and see the character they're portraying. You won't see her as her character, you'll just see SMG in a Batman movie.

In the theatre:...

"Damn this movie is good. All the actors seem true to form. It's got everything: action, humor, dram - .. WTF is this chick doing in THIS movie?!! Now this Sh!* is totally unbelievable."

Yup,... that would suck.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Jamaican
I second that - they had seriously not be considering her for any of the roles. I think it would be an injustice to the Films. She's not a horrible actress but I think it would take away from the film. You know sometimes when you're watching a film and you see a certain actor or actress in there and from that point on your perspective of the movie changes? Well that's what will happen. She's not a good enough actress to take away from how well known she is. For example; a good actor you will see past their face and see the character they're portraying. You won't see her as her character, you'll just see SMG in a Batman movie.

In the theatre:...

"Damn this movie is good. All the actors seem true to form. It's got everything: action, humor, dram - .. WTF is this chick doing in THIS movie?!! Now this Sh!* is totally unbelievable."

Yup,... that would suck.

So true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.