NiGHTS 2 Official: Wii Exclusive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
After over a decade a NiGHTS into Dreams Sequel is finally being made. It will be a Wii exclusive and is tentatively called NiGHTS Journey of Dreams.

IGN Article: http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777545p1.html

w00t! rolling on floor laughing

General Kaliero
Personally, I'm a bit wary, seeing as Yuji Naka won't be involved with it. Hopefully it'll be good, but I'm not expecting much...

ESB -1138
And everyone who said their wouldn't be a sequel to NiGHTS has just been proven.............wrong.

SaTsuJiN
I hope sonic team has nothing to do with it.. they suck now

ESB -1138
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I hope sonic team has nothing to do with it.. they suck now

Only at making Sonic games. They did pretty good with Phantasy Star Universe. And Billy Hatcher was kind of fun.

ragesRemorse
it's about time. A little To late for me though. I think it would be perfect for 360

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
it's about time. A little To late for me though. I think it would be perfect for 360

Nah, because then it would just be NiGHTS into dreams with upgraded graphics. With the Wii they can at least change the controls without making a complete overhaul to the gameplay.

And the 360 is getting Devil May Cry 4. It seems that Nintendo is getting more and more Sega games and Microsoft is getting more and more Sony games.

((The_Anomaly))
Yea the Big N and Sega are rather cosy at the moment.

NiGHTS exclusive on Wii!?
A Mario AND Sonic game?!
Could we end up seeing Sonic is SSBB??? eek! Time will only tell.

At any rate, yea Sega and Nintendo seem to be getting along pretty well at the moment.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Yea the Big N and Sega are rather cosy at the moment.

NiGHTS exclusive on Wii!?
A Mario AND Sonic game?!
Could we end up seeing Sonic is SSBB??? eek! Time will only tell.

At any rate, yea Sega and Nintendo seem to be getting along pretty well at the moment.

Which is opposite of Microsoft and Sony. Nintendo and Sega are getting along so Sega is putting more and more games out for Nintendo. The PS3 sucks so games that were exclusive to Sony is moving to Microsoft.

All Sony has now is like Final Fantasy and Square-Enix is thinking on moving out of the PS3 like every third party developer did for the PSP.

Any who, hopefully this game won't come out around the same time as Super Mario Galaxy. I wouldn't be able to decide what game to play first.

SaTsuJiN
I saw nothing good about PSU... they gutted everything that made PSO fun, and then added a bunch of other non-fun stuff.. the game has no soul IMO

ESB -1138
Hmm...it seems that NiGHTS will be able to transform into a dragon, a dolphin, and a rocket using special masks. I wonder if it will be limited like Mario's caps in Mario 64 or if you can just switch to them like Link's masks in Majora's Mask.

((The_Anomaly))
Humm, weird but cool idea though.

ESB -1138
It just depends on how they execute that idea into the game. I mean people might have said the same thing about Link putting on masks to transform into different things (Deku, Goron, Zora, and Fierce Diety) but they managed to execute it perfectly to fit into the Zelda theme without changing the gameplay completely.

If they can do that with NiGHTS then the masks will be a wonderful edition.

ESB -1138
Keep the thread ALIVE!!

((The_Anomaly))
eek! NiGHTS FTW!!!

ESB -1138
Oh no you don't NiGHTS thread. BUMP!!

JToTheP
It doesn't need to be bumped, people will post news updates and keep it bumped.

ESB -1138
I doubt new news on NiGHTS will come around anytime soon. It's been in development for sometime and has just recently been announced so it seems they're trying to keep most of the game secret.

Kero_Co
NEW SCREENS http://media.wii.ign.com/media/873/873984/imgs_1.html

ESB -1138
beautiful...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Nah, because then it would just be NiGHTS into dreams with upgraded graphics. With the Wii they can at least change the controls without making a complete overhaul to the gameplay.

And the 360 is getting Devil May Cry 4. It seems that Nintendo is getting more and more Sega games and Microsoft is getting more and more Sony games.

No way, There could be so much potential on the 360 rather than the wii. Other than the wii's gimmick of remote control, it will be nights into dreams but playing with a remote controll on asystem that has awful graphics.
The 360's specs could offer a comepltely revamped gameplay system.

General Kaliero
No way, There could be so much potential on the 360 rather than the wii. Other than the wii's gimmick of remote control, it will be nights into dreams but playing with a remote controll on asystem that has awful graphics.

Please tell me you're joking.

((The_Anomaly))

roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeeaaaaa....

JToTheP

Yeah, being a console fanboy is quite old by now.

Barker
Everyone's thinking it, I'm just saying it.

That dude looks gay. Like, literally. Like, his costume.

But the game itself looks okay.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Barker
Everyone's thinking it, I'm just saying it.

That dude looks gay. Like, literally. Like, his costume.

But the game itself looks okay. no expression

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Barker

JToTheP
Barker, of all things to call gay, you have the original pokemon cast in your signature. Nights was an alright game for the Sega Saturn, and to call random things gay is something a fourteen or fifteen year old may do.

I could say the same thing about Link, but I won't, considering I think he's bad ass and am aware he is in a different world where that kind of outfit is alright.

ESB -1138

Yeah...everyone called the DS a gimmick and yet it's the best selling system of all time. And the Wii's graphics are better than people give them credit for. It can easily surpass the Xbox's graphics.

Face it, the Wii has been out for a short time and already it has almost sold as many consoles as the 360 which has been out for a year.

NiGHTS on the 360 would be the same game as NiGHTS into dreams expect with updated graphics. NiGHTS on the Wii has sooooooo much more potential then it would have on the 360.

JToTheP
Yeah...everyone called the DS a gimmick and yet it's the best selling system of all time.

Face it, the Wii has been out for a short time and already it has almost sold as many consoles as the 360 which has been out for a year.

NiGHTS on the 360 would be the same game as NiGHTS into dreams expect with updated graphics. NiGHTS on the Wii has sooooooo much more potential then it would have on the 360.

Best selling HANDHELD of all time, the best selling system of all time I believe is the Playstation 1.

The Wii doesn't have a ridiculous hard drive inside it, so Nintendo isn't going to charge a larger price when it isn't a computer. Nights on the XBox would hardly be anywhere near as good as it can be on the Wii. On the Saturn I believe you had to bounce around, and how would that be controlled on the 360? The two analogs? That's nowhere near to the freedom of a motion sensoring remote.

Barker
Originally posted by JToTheP
Barker, of all things to call gay, you have the original pokemon cast in your signature. Nights was an alright game for the Sega Saturn, and to call random things gay is something a fourteen or fifteen year old may do.
I never said the game was gay. I said his costume looked gay.

And I never said Pokemon wasn't gay either.

ESB -1138
Best selling HANDHELD of all time, the best selling system of all time I believe is the Playstation 1.

The Wii doesn't have a ridiculous hard drive inside it, so Nintendo isn't going to charge a larger price when it isn't a computer. Nights on the XBox would hardly be anywhere near as good as it can be on the Wii. On the Saturn I believe you had to bounce around, and how would that be controlled on the 360? The two analogs? That's nowhere near to the freedom of a motion sensoring remote.

DS has sold 35.61 million systems. 360 has sold 12 million consoles. How does it feel that a handheld system that came out at the same time of the 360 is beating it (three times) in sales. Heck that same year DS was named '05 system of the year even with the 360 out.

The best selling game for the 360 is Gears of War (3 million) and the best selling DS game is New Super Mario Bros (8.64 million).

Heck the Wii hasn't been out for half a year and already it sold 7 million consoles. During that same timeframe (of about Nov-April) in six months the 360 managed to sell 1.8 million units.

NiGHTS will do sooooo much better on the Wii.

JToTheP
DS has sold 35.61 million systems. 360 has sold 12 million consoles. How does it feel that a handheld system that came out at the same time of the 360 is beating it (three times) in sales. Heck that same year DS was named '05 system of the year even with the 360 out.

The best selling game for the 360 is Gears of War (3 million) and the best selling DS game is New Super Mario Bros (8.64 million).

Heck the Wii hasn't been out for half a year and already it sold 7 million consoles. During that same timeframe (of about Nov-April) in six months the 360 managed to sell 1.8 million units.

NiGHTS will do sooooo much better on the Wii.

If you're talking all-time, you'll need to pull up Nintendo NES sales, as well as N64, and so forth. You didn't specify that you meant this generation, you did say of all time so I got confused.

Wii has sold 7 million already? Wow, it really is taking over.

InnerRise

NiGHTS will do sooooo much better on the Wii. When you say Nights will do "Sooo much better on the Wii" do you mean sales wise or the overall gaming experience?

B/c how much a system sells has nothing to do with how "good or bad" a game will be on that system.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

General Kaliero
The whole argument is rather irrelevant. The game is coming out on the Wii, it's not coming out on the 360, and considering how much of a monumental success the original was and how long NiGHTS fans have been begging for a sequel, it will do well. And likely push Wiis by pulling in the NiGHTS fans, as well.

((The_Anomaly))
Wii has sold 7 million already? Wow, it really is taking over.

Quickly and surely it is "taking over" and it shows no signs of slowing down any time soont. I mean the Wii has been out for like half a year and you STILL cant find it in stores, thats virtually unheard of for anything. Nintendo is literally selling every system that comes off the Wii manufacturing lines. I'm glad I managed to reserve one before launch and got it at launch otherwise I still might not have been able to get it.

ESB -1138
It doesn't need to be bumped, people will post news updates and keep it bumped.

Speaking of new info, it turns out that their will be a new engine used for the game instead of using the same one they used for Sonic & the Secret Rings.

ESB -1138

MadMel
woah sweet!

Kero_Co
The inclusion of the forecast channel is the new inclusion that has me most excited. I can't wait to see how that plays out. Also, there's bound to be a hidden mask or two.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Please tell me you're joking.

No im not actually. Why would you think that i am? The wii cant even do half of what the 360 can do. one thing that made nights so popular and memorable were the graphics. The Games graphical presentation was different than any other game. It was the atmosphere that so many people loved about the orginal galme, And the atmosphere was created by steller graphics. The wii does not have steler graphics...mediocre at best when compared to the 360, and shit when compared to what the ps3 can do

ragesRemorse
Yeah, being a console fanboy is quite old by now.

Im a 360 fan boy because i dont like to play children games that offer no depth or substance in story or character design? Excuse the shit out of me if i dont want to play yet another Mario game and just another shitty sonic game.

ragesRemorse
Yeah...everyone called the DS a gimmick and yet it's the best selling system of all time. And the Wii's graphics are better than people give them credit for. It can easily surpass the Xbox's graphics.

That doesnt mean its not a useless gimmick. I mean, i appreciate nintendos ventures into expanding the gamming expereience, but they only try so hard with their ideas before they stop trying altogether. Yeah...the Wii gives you a taste of what could have been and what may be one day soon in the gamming world, but thats all it is...is a taste.

As for the DS...just becuase shit sells doesnt mean its not shit...look at hollywood

((The_Anomaly))
No im not actually. Why would you think that i am? The wii cant even do half of what the 360 can do. one thing that made nights so popular and memorable were the graphics. The Games graphical presentation was different than any other game. It was the atmosphere that so many people loved about the orginal galme, And the atmosphere was created by stellar graphics. The wii does not have steler graphics...mediocre at best when compared to the 360, and shit when compared to what the ps3 can do

The "atmosphere" you speak of only made 50% of the game at best, it was the stellar gameplay and gameplay mechanics that made NiGHTS, not the graphics. Graphics are not that important man, to some superficial people they are, but games made in the SNES, N64 and NES era are STILL better then a lot of games today, why? Its not because of graphics. I can certainly appreciate amazing graphics, but I don't really care about them to the extent that you apparently do. Why do you put all this emphasis on graphics? I really don't get it. Great graphics are STILL only like 30% of what makes a game visually appealing anyways, art direction and style make up the majority of visual appeal, look at God of War 2, its artistic style is 10x better then anything we've seen on either 360 or PS3 to date, it is a visually stunning game and its not because its in HDMI, 1080p and has "uber" texture and lighting effects, its because the art direction is so amazing it stands out and being visually awesome. The Wii is capable of "better then Xbox" graphics and if you look at some Xbox games (Ninja Gaiden, DOA, Doom 3, etc.) they are not much worse then the current-gen graphics of PS3 and 360, at the very least they arnt shameful to place side by side. All the Wii needs is to make use of even 75% of those kinds of graphics and couple them with amazing art direction and you have a game that could go toe to toe visually with current gen PS3 and 360 games. But again, graphics are secondary to gameplay and the Wii has the ability to do things that the PS3 and 360 could never EVER hope to accomplish in terms of control and immersion. Pretty graphics are all fine and good but the actual gameplay is far more important then any lighting and bump mapping effects and Since NiGHTS is an immersive and gameplay heavy game its better suited to go to the Wii then the other systems. Rest assured though, the graphics and art direction are going to be amazing in NiGHTS 2 and once people play it with the Wiimote, no one will even notice that its not in 1080p and that the ground doesn't have normal mapping, they'll be having to much fun to notice.

Lana
I will say it once and only once - keep the "this system is better" stuff to the proper thread.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Kero_Co
The inclusion of the forecast channel is the new inclusion that has me most excited. I can't wait to see how that plays out. Also, there's bound to be a hidden mask or two.

Yeah that would be cool. It's pouring down rain outside and in the game it's actually raining. That would be so sweet. Nighttime outside, nighttime in the game.

Now rage; get the h@ll over yourself. NiGHTS is coming out for the Wii and not the 360. So climb down from your cross, use the wood to build a bridge, and get over it. I shall cease this foolish debate hence forth as Lana as demanded of us.

If you want to continue this debate take it here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=342813&from=thread&pagenumber=42#post8840671

Reala is confirmed to be in the game. Man, I can't wait to see NiGHTS vs Reala in this game. I wonder if Wizeman will be in it.

ragesRemorse
The "atmosphere" you speak of only made 50% of the game at best, it was the stellar gameplay and gameplay mechanics that made NiGHTS, not the graphics. Graphics are not that important man, to some superficial people they are,

i wander how popular the broken game mechanics of splinter cell, and the standard gameplay of halo would have been without the next stage in graphics. Atmosphere is as important in certain games as the gameplay and story. Atmosphere is dictated through the graphics. I'm sorry but i have to disagree with the idea that Nights is still remembered for the gomeplay, seeing how it felt clunky and at times broken the first time i played it.
players were given the real sense of being in a dream state. People whom acknowledge graphics are not suprficial man...just observant gammers. When i was younger, sure i would have wasted time on low production games if the story and gameplay compenstated for overall mediocre production, but having been a gamer for nearly 20 years, i have endured low end graphic systems, and with the coming age of a new graphical era, i like to invest my time only in games that take advantage of the newest software, i paid my dues and deserve something new as all gammers do.
im not trying to shit on nintendo at all, dont get my words mixed, im just merely saying that i believe that a Game like nights would benefit more on a system like 360 or ps3

Lana
What did I say?

I said keep the console bickering OUT of this thread as it is not on topic and there is a place for those discussion.

Next post about it and not about NiGHTS will earn the poster a warning.

ESB -1138
NiGHTS is going to be cool! Sega USA better make it good!!

((The_Anomaly))
i wander how popular the broken game mechanics of splinter cell, and the standard gameplay of halo would have been without the next stage in graphics. Atmosphere is as important in certain games as the gameplay and story. Atmosphere is dictated through the graphics. I'm sorry but i have to disagree with the idea that Nights is still remembered for the gomeplay, seeing how it felt clunky and at times broken the first time i played it.
players were given the real sense of being in a dream state. People whom acknowledge graphics are not suprficial man...just observant gammers. When i was younger, sure i would have wasted time on low production games if the story and gameplay compenstated for overall mediocre production, but having been a gamer for nearly 20 years, i have endured low end graphic systems, and with the coming age of a new graphical era, i like to invest my time only in games that take advantage of the newest software, i paid my dues and deserve something new as all gammers do.
im not trying to shit on nintendo at all, dont get my words mixed, im just merely saying that i believe that a Game like nights would benefit more on a system like 360 or ps3

Well I've also been gaming for 20 years and I have to respectfully and completely disagree with you. There are N64 games that far out-due almost all the games last-generation and far out-due any current-gen game to date. Graphics are so utterly secondary that they mean little when compared to gameplay. I also disagree with you on NiGHTS feeling clunky, for the time it was very very smooth feeling, it was a joy to play. I agree that "atmosphere" is important to have in games but like I previously said atmosphere can be achieved without the "latest" in graphics tech, as a matter of fact there are SNES games with more atmosphere then Splinter Cell or Gears of War have achieved. You credit so much to "great graphics" but the interesting thing is that they are more of a cop-out then anything else. On 360 and PS3 its so easy to create "photo realistic" things and environments that games are all starting to look the same because the designers figure "well...lets just make it look real" rather then actually using imagination and new ideas to create something that looks beautiful...when it becomes easy to makes things look "awesome" then people get lazy and I'm already starting to see it in current-gen games. What I'm saying is that people (at the moment) are all ga-ga over lighting effects and normal mapping and 1080p, but these games while technically looking amazing are not imaginative in any way. If you took out all the amazing tech upgrades you'd be left with an abysmal game at best. I think once the "ohhs and ahhhs" where off people are going to start expecting something actually creative rather then l33t lighting effects. I'm not saying that tech is completely useless, as it does help with things like AI, but graphics are very very secondary. OoT along with Super Metroid, Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, MGS1, are all by far better then any game thats come out in the past 10 years with the exception of perhaps Metroid Prime, MGS3: Subsistence, and RE4. Yet all those classic games are not good because of their graphics, but because of the gameplay.

ESB -1138

Well I've also been gaming for 20 years and I have to respectfully and completely disagree with you. There are N64 games that far out-due almost all the games last-generation and far out-due any current-gen game to date. Graphics are so utterly secondary that they mean little when compared to gameplay. I also disagree with you on NiGHTS feeling clunky, for the time it was very very smooth feeling, it was a joy to play. I agree that "atmosphere" is important to have in games but like I previously said atmosphere can be achieved without the "latest" in graphics tech, as a matter of fact there are SNES games with more atmosphere then Splinter Cell or Gears of War have achieved. You credit so much to "great graphics" but the interesting thing is that they are more of a cop-out then anything else. On 360 and PS3 its so easy to create "photo realistic" things and environments that games are all starting to look the same because the designers figure "well...lets just make it look real" rather then actually using imagination and new ideas to create something that looks beautiful...when it becomes easy to makes things look "awesome" then people get lazy and I'm already starting to see it in current-gen games.

Please stop the agruing about the systems before Lana closes this thread. NiGHTS is coming out for the Wii, can't we just leave it at that and go to the Battle of the Next-Gen Thread to continue this debate?

((The_Anomaly))
Please stop the agruing about the systems before Lana closes this thread. NiGHTS is coming out for the Wii, can't we just leave it at that and go to the Battle of the Next-Gen Thread to continue this debate?

I'm not arguing about the systems, I'm arguing about the nature of technology and graphics and they're relation to what makes a good game. All in reference to NiGHTS.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Lana
What did I say?

I said keep the console bickering OUT of this thread as it is not on topic and there is a place for those discussion.

Next post about it and not about NiGHTS will earn the poster a warning.

not console bickering, game software bickering wink

JToTheP
Im a 360 fan boy because i dont like to play children games that offer no depth or substance in story or character design? Excuse the shit out of me if i dont want to play yet another Mario game and just another shitty sonic game.

Depth? How many shooters is Microsoft going to release for the 360 exactly? What it looks like now is that is ALL Microsoft is going to release on the 360.

Children's games? Again with the Nintendo stereotyping, stop being a 'balls first' type of 'bad ass' and realize that Zelda:Twilight Princess wasn't made for children. Resident Evil:Umbrella Chronicles isn't being release for children to play, Resident Evil 4 as well. Prince of Persia:Rival Swords isn't a child's game, Splinter Cell, Metal Of Honor, Call Of Duty 3. Your argument of a child's console is nothing.

ESB -1138
I really can't wait to see how Elliot and Claris will look in this game. Also would like to see Dolphin/Dragon/Rocket NiGHTS

Lana
Depth? How many shooters is Microsoft going to release for the 360 exactly? What it looks like now is that is ALL Microsoft is going to release on the 360.

Children's games? Again with the Nintendo stereotyping, stop being a 'balls first' type of 'bad ass' and realize that Zelda:Twilight Princess wasn't made for children. Resident Evil:Umbrella Chronicles isn't being release for children to play, Resident Evil 4 as well. Prince of Persia:Rival Swords isn't a child's game, Splinter Cell, Metal Of Honor, Call Of Duty 3. Your argument of a child's console is nothing.

I am going to be nice and NOT warn you for this, though I really should as I have said multiple times to keep the console bickering out of the thread.

The next person to off-topic this thread with console complaining will be getting a warning. No more chances.

ESB -1138
I just hope this game doesn't come out around the same time as Super Mario Galaxy. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams and Super Mario Galaxy...I couldn't decide which one to play first!!

JToTheP
I just hope this game doesn't come out around the same time as Super Mario Galaxy. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams and Super Mario Galaxy...I couldn't decide which one to play first!!

Mario Galaxy, and Prime 3 are suppose to be due out in October/November.

ESB -1138
Mario Galaxy, and Prime 3 are suppose to be due out in October/November.

I heard Prime 3 would come out in early 08. But this year will do fine for me.

Oh man and Super Smash Bros Brawl might come out around that time. It seems the Wii will just conquer the gaming world at the end of this year with Mario, SSBB, Metroid, and NiGHTS coming out.

MadMel
i cant think of what games outta those ill be getting first (i doubt ill be able to get them all straight away)
im sticking to getting SSBB and battalion wars 2, but i might also gets NIGHTS and mario galaxy - strikers

InnerRise
If these games were to come out around the same time, I'd get Super Smash Brother's Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime 3 if I've completed the first 2 Metroid Prime games by then.

Not interested in NIGHTS 2 in the least.

ESB -1138
Got the new game informer and it has a little something, something about NiGHTS:

A lot has changed in the decade since we last saw a NiGHTS game, so we're interested to see how its gameplay will have evolved in that time. We don't have full details on that just yet, but we have learned a few other things. The two main characters are Will and Helen, and certain aspects from their real world life will appear in their dream levels. For example, the amusement park in these screens represents happy memories of Will's father.

Players will also be able to alter the environments in the game. By touching one of the TVs in the desert level, the whole area turns into a lush oasis for a short period. This affects NiGHTS' flight path as well as the number of enemies and pickups in the level. Only time will tell if Sega is able to revive this almost forgotten property, but it looks like we'll only be waiting until Christmas.

ESB -1138
Time to bump!

It seems the game hasn't sold so well. It seems it has only sold 0.05 million copies so far.

Blax_Hydralisk
haermm

ESB -1138
It has only been out for 10 days.

Blax_Hydralisk
crylaugh

((The_Anomaly))
^^LMAO.

Its receiving mixed reviews. Somewhere in the 6/7 out of 10 range.

InnerRise
Time to bump!

It seems the game hasn't sold so well. It seems it has only sold 0.05 million copies so far. Figured as much.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Thunder Fox
i have a hard time contoling NiGHTS i nthe game

ragesRemorse
^^LMAO.

Its receiving mixed reviews. Somewhere in the 6/7 out of 10 range.

Well, its a wii game derived by an old sega game...,did you expect anything different?

It seems fitting that this game would flop. THe first game was an incredibly original and creative game that received no fan or critical acclaim until years after the death of the console it premiered on.

I heard its essentially a racing game where you are on a time trial to fly through rings. Yeah, that kind of gameplay was NEVER fun

ESB -1138
Well, its a wii game derived by an old sega game...,did you expect anything different?

It seems fitting that this game would flop. THe first game was an incredibly original and creative game that received no fan or critical acclaim until years after the death of the console it premiered on.

I heard its essentially a racing game where you are on a time trial to fly through rings. Yeah, that kind of gameplay was NEVER fun

Have you ever played the first (or the new) NiGHTS game? Because I can dumb down any game the same way you just did.

ragesRemorse
Have you ever played the first (or the new) NiGHTS game? Because I can dumb down any game the same way you just did.

dumb down?
How exactly did i dumb down the Nights into dreams? I said it was an interesting and original game that failed miserably in sales.

No, i have never played the newest installment, but ive heard, by friends, whom opinions i respect. That the game is awful offering nothing but racing.

ESB -1138
dumb down?
How exactly did i dumb down the Nights into dreams? I said it was an interesting and original game that failed miserably in sales.

No, i have never played the newest installment, but ive heard, by friends, whom opinions i respect. That the game is awful offering nothing but racing.

I was talking about this part: I heard its essentially a racing game where you are on a time trial to fly through rings.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams has a lot more to offer then just flying (which is still addictive to me). It has platforming levels, A-Life with My Dreams, boss battle, online play with battle and racing modes, and some rail levels. I can't seem to stop playing this game. I rate it around 8/10 overall but I just can't stop playing it.

Super Mario Galaxy, Soulcalibur Legends, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4...you name any game out there and I will toss it to the side just to play a chase mission of NiGHTS. I forgot what the disk looked like since I only saw it once; when I took it out of the case and put it into the Wii. This game is addicting to me. Just playing the same 6 levels (5 missions each plus a seventh level) has given me more then 15 hours of game time and there seems to be no end in sight.

The platforming segments of the game fail to have a lasting impact after playing the masterpiece that is Mario Galaxy. The graphics are either a hit or miss. Some levels are graphical masterpieces while others are bland. All the bosses look amazing but the Nightmarens seem kind of rushed. NiGHTS voice is annoying beyond reason but I don't have to hear him...her...it anymore. I just cannot put this game down. I have never been so addictive to a game before. I will turn on my Wii without even thinking about it to play NiGHTS.

ragesRemorse
I was talking about this part: I heard its essentially a racing game where you are on a time trial to fly through rings.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams has a lot more to offer then just flying (which is still addictive to me). It has platforming levels, A-Life with My Dreams, boss battle, online play with battle and racing modes, and some rail levels. I can't seem to stop playing this game. I rate it around 8/10 overall but I just can't stop playing it.

Super Mario Galaxy, Soulcalibur Legends, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4...you name any game out there and I will toss it to the side just to play a chase mission of NiGHTS. I forgot what the disk looked like since I only saw it once; when I took it out of the case and put it into the Wii. This game is addicting to me. Just playing the same 6 levels (5 missions each plus a seventh level) has given me more then 15 hours of game time and there seems to be no end in sight.

The platforming segments of the game fail to have a lasting impact after playing the masterpiece that is Mario Galaxy. The graphics are either a hit or miss. Some levels are graphical masterpieces while others are bland. All the bosses look amazing but the Nightmarens seem kind of rushed. NiGHTS voice is annoying beyond reason but I don't have to hear him...her...it anymore. I just cannot put this game down. I have never been so addictive to a game before. I will turn on my Wii without even thinking about it to play NiGHTS.

yeah, thats just what i heard. I heard reviews holding positive feedback similar to yours as well, but not from the people whom's word i trust the most. I'm glad your enjoying it, i intend on trying it eventually, but im sick of my wii

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.