dr strange/doom/reed/apoc/magneto vs galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
team have 1 week prep,galactus is at half power ,team can only use their combined resources,so no ig/un anything like that can it be done?

Endless Mike
Working together with a week of prep?

Yeah, I'd say they could win

CasanoVa
Dr Strange & Dr Doom took it to Mephisto in his own realm and made him look a fool, with Reed, Apocalypse and Magneto they could probably stop Galactus.

Symmetric Chaos
Team

It probably wouldn't even be very hard.

lordboo
Originally posted by lordboo
team have 1 week prep,galactus is at half power ,team can only use their combined resources,so no ig/un anything like that can it be done?
what if big g was fully fed?

janus77
Galactus. unless you pull out UN type stuff. and anyway, isn't UN a part of Galactus.

Half of "infinity" is still infinity, still beyond the team's ken, beyond their barbie too yes

Kadesh
FP galactus will own the team, however in this thread, its normal galactus.

And with prep time dooms team will come out the victor, with prep time in MUA doom conquered the world and nearly tore the universe apart accroding to nick fury

janus77
with a week's preptime, Doom can achieve a lot... still, I give Galactus the win 'cos Apocalypse is a big jinx. the man spends millennia fiendishly scheming and planning so that he can have his butt kicked by a ragged band of mutants. no way are the team overcoming that kind of jinx effect.

anyway, Galactus is the wisest most intelligent being in the universe. he'll just offer Doom a deal, then it'll be D&G versus a bunch of vietnamese knock-off bags big grin

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by janus77
the man spends millennia fiendishly scheming and planning so that he can have his butt kicked by a ragged band of mutants.

Superb logic...if you actually have any idea what you're talking about...

Apocalypse has barely actually fought the X-Men himself. Apocalypse, ever since his debut, has exclusively been an villain to the X-Factor.

These two first scans are from X-Factor #6. (Apocalypse's first appearance). During the course of the battle between the Alliance of Evil and X-Factor, Nowlan's wife, Susan, was killed. As the guarantee of Susan's life was the means by which the Alliance controlled him, Nowlan now turned on his captors and recalled the energies that he had granted them. Unfortunately for Nowlan, the energies were too great for him to reabsorb and proved fatal. With Nowlan dead, the reason for the conflict was over, as well as Apocalypse's presence. Before departing, however, Apocalypse provided some unusual departing words.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/apocend6.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/apocstrongweaknow.png

And again at the end of X-Factor #25 after the X-Factor had defeated and stopped Apocalypse's four horsemen from utterly destroying New York:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/apocend256.png

Read any Louise Simonson X-Factor (1986) story. Apocalypse is far more menacing because it appears any short term goal--even losing to X-Factor--fits into his plans. Like Mister Sinister, short term setbacks mean nothing to Apocalypse because he largely works from the shadows through his pawns in the Alliance of Evil & the Horsemen of Apocalypse.

A good writer could show how effective a villain Apocalypse is through his surrogates & shows he plans for his defeats on purpose for a greater scheme the X-Men could never conceive. That's how Apocalypse was written in 1986's X-Factor.

I think Magneto over the last 40 years has battled, and lost the X-Men more then Apocalypse ever has. ermm

janus77
but comics are on-going near perpetual things. especially mutant comics, so yes any scheme of Apocalypse' will be doomed to repeated failure and can always be retconned as part of some even more elaborate plan that will come to term at a future date - as yet unknown and forever deferred.

anyway, my comments on Apocalypse being a jinx were intended as humour, though I still back Galactus to win.

Soljer
Hmmm...can we take apocalypse off the team? He'd definitely bring down their chances.

Barring him, the team can do it. Doom's done it before under his own power - much less with the help of reed and Doctor Strange. I dunno what Apocalypse or Magneto are really going to do, but Strange, Doom, and Reed take this for the team.

seaapple
The only way the team would win, I think as someone mentioned above, is if they could get an Infinity Gauntlet or Ultimate Nullifier level artifact. Those don't fall off trees. The FF needed The Watcher to tell them about the UN. Getting something like the infinity gauntlet typically would take more than a week. I think it is unlikely that they could get a device at that level (except for comic book PIS because the team would *have* to win in most plots).

It doesn't make sense to me to say that the team does it easily. To me that is a misreading of the Galactus character (who has been badly written too many times).

swerve1988
team APOC

Ethereal
Reed has the power gem.

Utrigita
I believe they would spend more time arguing then actually planning

Soljer
Originally posted by Ethereal
Reed has the power gem.

And has sworn to never use it.

guy222

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/guy222_photos/aoawhatif08126.jpg

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by janus77
but comics are on-going near perpetual things. especially mutant comics, so yes any scheme of Apocalypse' will be doomed to repeated failure.

All villains are doomed to fail in one way or another in their schemes. Including Doom...

Originally posted by Soljer
Hmmm...can we take apocalypse off the team? He'd definitely bring down their chances.

Why? Apocalypse is a skilled strategist and tactician, having been through centuries of war. He could easily lead the team better than what Doom's ego will...

But neither Apocalypse, Doom, or Magneto is needed here.

Reed and Dr. Strange alone could handle Galactus with prep...

janus77
Doom's actually conquered the Earth several times already. taken Galactus' powers, Surfer's powers ... Doom's pretty much walked the walk as well as mouthed the words.

Doom's not so much a failed plotter as a surprisingly generous victor ('scuse the pun).

anyway, the problem is the vague scale of the schemes... smaller objectives can be realised and thus used to demonstrate the competence of the villain... humongous, vague and labryinthine ones just result in oodles of lost 'battles' without any eventual victorious 'war'.

Mr Master
Originally posted by seaapple
The FF needed The Watcher to tell them about the UN.

Not anymore,

the location of the UN has been graphed into Torch's mind.

During the Abrxas arc, the Watcher's memory was taken away and the UN was still found.

Originally posted by seaapple
Getting something like the infinity gauntlet typically would take more than a week. I think it is unlikely that they could get a device at that level

Right now, all Reed needs to do is summon the rest of the Illuminati.

They each have a Gem for safe keeping.

Ethereal
Originally posted by Soljer
And has sworn to never use it.

but Doom would most likely jack it...evil face

redhotrash
Couldnt they BFR him to another dimension? Force him into a portal and let Mephisto deal with him again? Otherwise I still think its possible. I'd be willing to accept them beating a FP Galactus, though not in a "Knocked him the F' out" conclusion. Something more along the lines of stripping him of his powers, binding him, or some other means that leaves the big guy scratching his bald head. Also does Galactus really have much understanding of magic in general?

llagrok
They could probably figure out a way to use Apocalypse's celestial technology to their advantage.

Either way, team apoc wins.

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by llagrok
They could probably figure out a way to use Apocalypse's celestial technology to their advantage.

Either way, team apoc wins. Everyone on the team is above Apoc in this type of battle.

A piece of Apocalypse's tech is nothing, considering Galactus is above Celestials...

Galactus pwns the shit out of them.

long pig
Originally posted by redhotrash
Couldnt they BFR him to another dimension? Force him into a portal and let Mephisto deal with him again? Otherwise I still think its possible. I'd be willing to accept them beating a FP Galactus, though not in a "Knocked him the F' out" conclusion. Something more along the lines of stripping him of his powers, binding him, or some other means that leaves the big guy scratching his bald head. Also does Galactus really have much understanding of magic in general?
Actually, it seems Galactus CAN be BFR'd if it's done through magic instead of science.

But, short of the I.G, which would happen if they had to, they'd probably lose.

guy222

team

long pig
Originally posted by Ethereal
but Doom would most likely jack it...evil face
Really?

Tenebrous
If reed calls together the rest of the illuminati then perhaps they can win. I say perhaps because while the illuminati holds all the gems, LT's/Eternity's proclimation that the gems may no longer work together is irreversable (unless this has been changed, haven't kept up with that illuminati IG story).

If this is typical PIS and CIS-riddled Galactus, I see strange and reed doing this with some relative ease.

If this is galactus written correctly, the stated team loses. Galactus should easily recall all the times doom has usurped the power cosmic and instantly reduce him to cosmic ash right off the bat. Galactus also knows of reed's tech, and, using his universal and cosmic awareness, does not allow reed to use any device against him by taking action before reed has a chance.

Galactus' tech, excluding the ultimate nullifier and taa II, are far superior to any spare celestial tech that apocalypse has. In fact everything the celestial tech allows apocalypse to do, galactus can do himself to an infinitely greater degree.

magneto, while one of my favorite characters, is a non-factor. Galactus' control over energy manipulation can work against magnus so completely that it would be a no contest.

Dr. strange....galactus has stalemated agammato in his own realm, and has bested strange several times on his own.

remember that an extremely weak galactus held off the avengers, the FF, the starjammers, an allied alien fleet, the shiar, and gladiator for quite some time, and was actually winning. silver surfer had to turn galactus' own machines against him.

starlock
Team for the win

I believe Ultimate extinction was an indicator that reed with help and prep can and will beat galactus(beat as in make him leave the battle field under his own power) at the very least.

guy222
Originally posted by starlock
Team for the win

I believe Ultimate extinction was an indicator that reed with help and prep can and will beat galactus(beat as in make him leave the battle field under his own power) at the very least.

thumb up

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tenebrous
If reed calls together the rest of the illuminati then perhaps they can win. I say perhaps because while the illuminati holds all the gems, LT's/Eternity's proclimation that the gems may no longer work together is irreversable (unless this has been changed, haven't kept up with that illuminati IG story).

If this is typical PIS and CIS-riddled Galactus, I see strange and reed doing this with some relative ease.

If this is galactus written correctly, the stated team loses. Galactus should easily recall all the times doom has usurped the power cosmic and instantly reduce him to cosmic ash right off the bat. Galactus also knows of reed's tech, and, using his universal and cosmic awareness, does not allow reed to use any device against him by taking action before reed has a chance.

Galactus' tech, excluding the ultimate nullifier and taa II, are far superior to any spare celestial tech that apocalypse has. In fact everything the celestial tech allows apocalypse to do, galactus can do himself to an infinitely greater degree.

magneto, while one of my favorite characters, is a non-factor. Galactus' control over energy manipulation can work against magnus so completely that it would be a no contest.

Dr. strange....galactus has stalemated agammato in his own realm, and has bested strange several times on his own.

remember that an extremely weak galactus held off the avengers, the FF, the starjammers, an allied alien fleet, the shiar, and gladiator for quite some time, and was actually winning. silver surfer had to turn galactus' own machines against him.

thumb up

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
thumb up

don't leave me out wink

Tenebrous
Originally posted by starlock
Team for the win

You can't really compare Galactus and Gah Lak Tus.

long pig
But, again, he CAN be BFR'd if it's done by magic. If he's thrown into, say....an alternate dimension, he's said himself he wouldn't be able to find a way out. He needed Strange to basically hold his hand so he wouldn't get lost forever when they went dimension hopping.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.