Storm vs Firestar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Both bloodlusted.
Both at full potential.

Who takes it?

Symmetric Chaos
FullPotential, thats dangerous territory.

I'd say Firestar.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
FullPotential, thats dangerous territory.

evil face

ThePittman
My guess would be Storm, I don't know all that much about Firestar but Storm could go off the charts on many things.

darthgoober
Originally posted by ThePittman
My guess would be Storm, I don't know all that much about Firestar but Storm could go off the charts on many things.
Here's Firestar's bio...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestar

guy222
Originally posted by darthgoober
Both bloodlusted.
Both at full potential.

Who takes it?

ororo

Darth Macabre
Full potential? Hm, I'd say Storm uses her energy pattern sight, and bends Firestar's energy to her will. no expression shifty

No, but I'd think Firestar would be able to win a slight majority.

2damnloud
FP STORM!?!?!?eek!

Total mismatch.

Swanky-Tuna
Depends on if Firestar gets Ms. Lion or not.

HandOfFate
This hurts...these are two of my favorite ladies in comics...smile

But

If wiki is taken as truth and Firestar is capable of unleashing a blast of microwave energy strong enough to incinerate an entire continent, and possibly affect the entire planet's atmosphere. Then she still has limits to her powers and projection abilities

On the other hand

If Storm's full potential is close to what Chris Claremont hint at during the 70's and early 80's then Storm blows Firestar out the water. Even if you dislike Storm fans you have to admit controlling the energy of millions of star and planets is an amazing ass feat.

Winner: Storm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by HandOfFate
This hurts...these are two of my favorite ladies in comics...smile

But

If wiki is taken as truth and Firestar is capable of unleashing a blast of microwave energy strong enough to incinerate an entire continent, and possibly affect the entire planet's atmosphere. Then she still has limits to her powers and projection abilities

On the other hand

If Storm's full potential is close to what Chris Claremont hint at during the 70's and early 80's then Storm blows Firestar out the water. Even if you dislike Storm fans you have to admit controlling the energy of millions of star and planets is an amazing ass feat.

Winner: Storm

What says that destroying a planet's atmosphere is Firestar's limit. It's been hinted to as an example of her immense power not as an upper limit.

Winner: Firestar

Swanky-Tuna
Even if you dislike Storm fans you have to admit controlling the energy of millions of star and planets is an amazing ass feat.
I continue to wonder about that feat. I fail to see how she could control the full power of the core when those stars were millions and/or billions of miles away from each other. It would take years for the full power to be summoned.

darthgoober
One thing I was wondering, was whether or not Firestar could mess with Storms powers since her bio says that she's messed with people's psionic powers before, and unless I'm mistaken Storm psionically controls the weather.

leonidas
i think that was more against TP'ers as opposed to someone who controls things psionically. i have the whole run of new warriors and the avengers where she appeared. she is an underrated/under-appreciated character (as are ALL the new warriors!) but nothing i've seen would indicate she could jam ororo's powers. storm is more experienced asd her powers at top end have been shown as planetary in effect. again, nothing firestar has shown would match that.

if firestar just went crazy and microwaved a country-wide area, i'm not sure what storm could do to shield herself, though . . .

still, storm 8/10 imo.

nice to see firestar in a thread. good match. smile

darthgoober
Originally posted by leonidas
i think that was more against TP'ers as opposed to someone who controls things psionically.
Well her Bio mentioned that she messed with Darkling's powers, but I'm not sure what powers he was using at the time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Probably Fire Star. White Queen Taught Firestar how to disrupt Psionic powers with her microwaves. She is able to deflect high Energy blast with them as well. In New Warriors 49 I think, She was able to open a worm hole in space all under her own power. No one does things like that unless they are uber or have seriously advanced Tech. Firestar 7/10. A microwave beam to the heart will kill storm effortlessly. While ANgelica on the other hand can deflect wind and lighting.

HandOfFate

HandOfFate

Symmetric Chaos
She could destroy the atmospheres of a dozen worlds and and it still wouldn't be enough to stop someone who has control the energy of millions of stars and planets with ease. Keep in mind this is before she reached her full potentail. (Which I have no idea what the limit might beconfused )

With ease? I thought it almost killed her.

We also don't know what the upper limitations of Firestar's power might be.

leonidas
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Probably Fire Star. White Queen Taught Firestar how to disrupt Psionic powers with her microwaves. She is able to deflect high Energy blast with them as well. In New Warriors 49 I think, She was able to open a worm hole in space all under her own power. No one does things like that unless they are uber or have seriously advanced Tech. Firestar 7/10. A microwave beam to the heart will kill storm effortlessly. While ANgelica on the other hand can deflect wind and lighting.

yee-haw, an NW fan!

you may be right, but i don't think she would be able to continuously deflect bolts of lightning that pretty much don't stop falling. and to take out storm, she'd need to find her first. storm could also make it impossible for her to breathe.

constant lightning, low pressure to make breathing impossible and an ability to effectively hide from firestar makes it tough for me to say she can win without some sort of massive eruption-type attack. even IF firestar could hinder her control, storm's range of effects would certainly exceed firestar's ability to hinder that control.

firestar is CAPABLE of winning, but storm's as smart as anyone and her experience is off the charts. which is why i think she'd beat her for a solid majority. smile

ps--sits and waits for rutog to make an appearance at which point i shall take firestar's side. big grin

pps--just kidding, rutog. stick out tongue

HandOfFate
With ease? I thought it almost killed her.

We also don't know what the upper limitations of Firestar's power might be.

Well....it was as simple as her manipulation the weather on Earth and it did kill her in the end.

Now keep in mind where talking about a Storm without human physical limitations

Galactic Core
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6445/stormandthegalaticcore15zq.th.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9628/stormandthegalaticcore29bc.th.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
It still killed her.

Swanky-Tuna
Ohhh... this is full potential?

Depends on who can make up the greatest power for which character.

HandOfFate

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by leonidas
you may be right, but i don't think she would be able to continuously deflect bolts of lightning that pretty much don't stop falling. and to take out storm, she'd need to find her first. storm could also make it impossible for her to breathe. Hasn't Firestar been in space under her own power? Wouldn't that sort of blow that theory out of the water?

Soljer
Firestar. Easily.

Symmetric Chaos

2damnloud

I don't have such a feat of course. But this is an FP thread.

Firestar absorbs all the energy in the omniverse.

Storm exist outside of space and time and is cool with the Creator and visits he/she/it frequently. The creator also admires Storm for her stewardship of the AWSOME powers he/she/it has endowed her with.

From Ororo's vantage point, she rewinds time, warps reality and turns all the energy Firestar just absorbed into a case of cosmic-sized genital herpes.

shifty

Symmetric Chaos
Firestar isn't interesting in talking with the supreme since she already absorbed it.

2damnloud
She can't absord God. shifty

Words like "omni" have no meaning in terms of the higher power's scope.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by 2damnloud
She can't absord God. shifty

Then Firestar just absorbs the beyond realm and the polyverse (getting around the semantics for a moment laughing out loud ) rendering god utterly powerless shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Ohhh... this is full potential?

Depends on who can make up the greatest power for which character.

I lol'd. laughing out loud

2damnloud
The power doesn't exist in a "verse".

No form of human cognition that ever has existed, exist presently, or in the future can ever hope to describe the transcendant scope of the creator.

Ro's cool with "it" though. cool

Symmetric Chaos

roll eyes (sarcastic) prove it buddy

2damnloud
roll eyes (sarcastic) prove it buddy

Nice trap roll eyes (sarcastic)

No form of human cognition that ever has existed, exist presently, or in the future can ever hope to describe the transcendant scope of the creator.

Symmetric Chaos
Nice trap roll eyes (sarcastic)

I beg to differ.

2damnloud
cool

Swanky-Tuna
Firestar ascends to the real world and erases Storm off a sheet of paper. We get married and divorce 6 minutes later because the relationship was purely physical and her comic book figure falls apart in the real world. Shortly after she accuses me of rape and the jury buys it. I have to drop out of college and work at a dead end job to pay my bills. Case attracts media attention and she spins me to look like a dirt bag and I lose my job and can't get rehired anywhere else. I start taking meth, and occasionally cocaine. At 26 I OD in an abandoned house where I'm picked at by stray cats and dogs until I'm found 2 weeks later. Such youth wasted.

Wait... that full potential hussy just ruined me in my own imagination!
SCREW YOU!

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Wait... that full potential hussy just ruined me in my own imagination!
SCREW YOU!

Momma told you about messing with those Red Heads. stick out tongue

Metalmanx
Haven't seen Firestar in a thread in a long time. thumb up

I'd say she wins the slight majority.

What If...
Firestar 10/10.

Storm can't match the firepower nor speed.

basilisk
Would have to go with Firestar.

llagrok
Firestar is easily one of the most underestimated characters, her powers are amazing smile

Firestar 7/10

psy_blade
Firestar.

2damnloud
Heat won't be doing SHIT to Storm

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/valechan/feats/TheUncannyX-Men278-21.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/valechan/feats/TheUncannyX-Men278-23.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/valechan/feats/TheUncannyX-Men280-10.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/valechan/feats/TheUncannyX-Men280-11.jpg

Not to mention she has already dealt with higher energy forms of EM radiation from the Sun(Solar Winds) and the Gamma Gun.

Soljer
Firestar.

psy_blade
But normal fire is different from microwaves. Microwaves'll boil Storm's insides. And Firestar can resist telepathic freezing because of her powers.

starlock
Storm for the win

iceman24567
Hmm full potential huh? Well Firestar doesn't have annoying fanboys so she wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.