pre-crisis Mongul vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starking
How would Thanos fair against his rip off/homage from the pre-crisis era.

guy222
Originally posted by starking
How would Thanos fair against his rip off/homage from the pre-crisis era.

thanos

Board Walker
Er..Im going with PC Mongul for obvious reasons.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Board Walker

Kicking planet juggling Superman's ass? Oh yes... naughty

the Darkone
It would be very close, edge to Thanos a lot smarter. Thanos 6/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by the Darkone
It would be very close, edge to Thanos a lot smarter. Thanos 6/10
confused laughing laughing

Darth Macabre
How would Thanos fair against his rip off/homage from the pre-crisis era. Probably a little better than he would against the person he's a rip off of.

the Darkone
Thanos will win more than not, Thanos greatest weapon is his mind not brute strength.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos will win more than not, Thanos greatest weapon is his mind not brute strength.

This thread is about a fight. Not THanos scheming or planning or prep. None of that was mentioned.

llagrok
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
This thread is about a fight. Not THanos scheming or planning or prep. None of that was mentioned.

I don't think you need long time to put a good brain to use. Thanos could think of something right away, although it probably wouldn't guarantee that he'd win.

It's a stalemate. Thanos wins 5/10

Tazer
Yo.

did sum1 here hate Thanos?? Mongul around 85% of the things that were thron @ him both physical AND energy-based:

anybody who can pretty much ignore 2 pre-C kryptonians, the JLA, and a small contingent of the LSH is NOT sum1 who'll fall to Thanos.

Tazer

Validus
This is why I hate Thanos and Doom threads.

"They'll win because they'll think of something! Yeah, thats the ticket!"

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
This is why I hate Thanos and Doom threads.

"They'll win because they'll think of something! Yeah, thats the ticket!"

laughing out loud @ the Jon Lovitz nod.

starking
bump

WizeJudgeWilder
Thanos EASY. no I.G. nice touch

starking
Originally posted by WizeJudgeWilder
Thanos EASY. no I.G. nice touch Do you have any clue what pc Mongul can do?

Estacado
Originally posted by Board Walker

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
juggling Superman's ass? Oh yes... naughty

no expression

WizeJudgeWilder
Do you have any clue what pc Mongul can do?

gift wrap presents for Superman?

starking
Originally posted by WizeJudgeWilder
gift wrap presents for Superman? And spank his ass senseless smile

starking
Wait a minute, your a f#cking judge.

darthgoober
What are some of PC Mongul's feats?

starking
Originally posted by darthgoober
What are some of PC Mongul's feats? Well he was basically Dc's Thanos in terms of power. He could project energy blast, and was even stronger than Superman. That alone should put him above Thanos.

darthgoober
Well he was basically Dc's Thanos in terms of power. He could project energy blast, and was even stronger than Superman. That alone should put him above Thanos.
PC Supes isn't really a good measuring stick to use for DC characters. As powerful as that guy was EVERYONE gave him a difficult fight when it came down to it(including Gorillas and Toyman). What are some of his ACTUAL feats?

starking
PC Supes isn't really a good measuring stick to use for DC characters. As powerful as that guy was EVERYONE gave him a difficult fight when it came down to it(including Gorillas and Toyman). What are some of his ACTUAL feats? Thing is Mongul was actually STRONGER than pc Supes. Yes he had some questionable showings, but they are in my eyes pis. And to let you know, a large majority of this board agrees that pc Superman can beat Thanos. If you don't believe me, then go look it up.

quanchi112
thanos.....comes out with the victory

starking
Originally posted by quanchi112
thanos.....comes out with the victory Yeah of course, he outsmarts Mongul with his ingenious mind roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Yeah of course, he outsmarts Mongul with his ingenious mind roll eyes (sarcastic) thanos beat a more powerful version of himself in infifnitywar, and went toe to toe with thor with the power gem. he takes pc mongul.

starking
thanos beat a more powerful version of himself in infifnitywar, and went toe to toe with thor with the power gem. he takes pc mongul. laughing laughing laughing laughing
If any of those guys have feats comparable pc Superman's then a debate is out of question. Mongul pulvarizes Thanos easily.

Estacado
thanos beat a more powerful version of himself in infifnitywar, and went toe to toe with thor with the power gem. he takes pc mongul.
Phail.

quanchi112
laughing laughing laughing laughing
If any of those guys have feats comparable pc Superman's then a debate is out of question. Mongul pulvarizes Thanos easily. nope!!!!

starking
nope!!!! Alright then tell me what those characters can do?

darthgoober
Thing is Mongul was actually STRONGER than pc Supes. Yes he had some questionable showings, but they are in my eyes pis. And to let you know, a large majority of this board agrees that pc Superman can beat Thanos. If you don't believe me, then go look it up.
Strength isn't everything. Now if he surpassed PC Supes in pretty much every category that would be one thing, but strength alone just won't cut it. If nothing else just tell me the instances of PC Mongul's good showing against Supes and I'll try to check them out.

quanchi112
write from wikipedia,Unlike Thanos or Darkseid, Mongul is a small-minded, self-centered tyrant who rarely plans beyond his own greed. While he is very intelligent, he does not have the charisma or personality to inspire the loyalty needed for grand, galactic conquests; rather, he is simply a petty despot who happens to have enormous physical prowess. This makes it relatively easy for other supervillains to manipulate him and for quick-witted superheroes to defeat him using their wits, rather than through brute force.
thanks for playing !!!!!!!!!!

quanchi112
starking u should change ur name to strengthkills 2 like that other guy. since i guess if ur stromger u win all the fights.

grey fox
Thanos 6/10

The thing is Mongul may be INSANELY strong , but he has shit energy projection. The guy relies upon a box attached to chest for christs sake !

Thanos hit's him with a blast of the 'ol PC to screw up his molecules.

TricksterPriest
write from wikipedia,Unlike Thanos or Darkseid, Mongul is a small-minded, self-centered tyrant who rarely plans beyond his own greed. While he is very intelligent, he does not have the charisma or personality to inspire the loyalty needed for grand, galactic conquests; rather, he is simply a petty despot who happens to have enormous physical prowess. This makes it relatively easy for other supervillains to manipulate him and for quick-witted superheroes to defeat him using their wits, rather than through brute force.
thanks for playing !!!!!!!!!!

Mongul is stronger, faster, more durable, and more ruthless than PC Supes. Hell, Mongul beat the shit out of Superman and whole PC teams half the time. He's not quite as bad as Validus, but he's too much for Thanos to take down.

Quanchi, please. Try and argue Thanos would beat PC Validus. I dare you. evil face

starking
thanks for playing !!!!!!!!!! Yes Mongul is a petty character with lower goals than Ds or Thanos. But the thing is, Thanos is not as powerful as Mongul. This is straight up fight, not a battle of wits. And to Darthgoober, Mongul beat Superman's ass in confrontation. I doubt Thanos can do the same, and if he doesn't have any feats to suggest it, then their's nothing to be debated.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Try and argue Thanos would beat PC Validus. I dare you. evil face

I will cool

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by grey fox
I will cool

Make that thread. stick out tongue I want to see what happens.

starking
Make that thread. stick out tongue I want to see what happens. Retarded comments will fill up the thread.

quanchi112
Make that thread. stick out tongue I want to see what happens. make it and lets see what happens...im sure ill see the darkseid brigade in there in full force.

darthgoober
And to Darthgoober, Mongul beat Superman's ass in confrontation. I doubt Thanos can do the same, and if he doesn't have any feats to suggest it, then their's nothing to be debated.
Thanos beat the Maker who's an evolved cosmic cube, so if we're just basing who wins off of who they've beaten then Thanos wins. That's why I asked for actual feats, because a character's win/lose record isn't really an accurate portrayal of power.

grey fox
Once Again.

How can Mongul stop his molecules being pulled an inch apart ?

quanchi112
Thanos beat the Maker who's an evolved cosmic cube, so if we're just basing who wins off of who they've beaten then Thanos wins. That's why I asked for actual feats, because a character's win/lose record isn't really an accurate portrayal of power. i have brought up thanos victory over maker and everything else under the sun. darthgoober, starking hates on thanos. that is the bottom line. i agree with u 100 percent though darthgoober. its just i have been over this with him a hundred times.

Symmetric Chaos
i have brought up thanos victory over maker and everything else under the sun. darthgoober, starking hates on thanos. that is the bottom line. i agree with u 100 percent though darthgoober. its just i have been over this with him a hundred times.

You didn't read past the word Maker did you?

Rorschach
Some Pre-Crisis Mongul scans.

Mongul traps Superman, beats two heroes off-panel, and takes on Supergirl and Hal.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4295/88477991qt2.th.jpghttp://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9140/20963459qa5.th.jpghttp://img104.imageshack.us/img104/415/93272266zb0.th.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/73/53027697se3.th.jpghttp://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7035/99009460ga6.th.jpghttp://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3263/34541365eq3.th.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2037/60719494no2.th.jpg

starking
Thanos beat the Maker who's an evolved cosmic cube, so if we're just basing who wins off of who they've beaten then Thanos wins. That's why I asked for actual feats, because a character's win/lose record isn't really an accurate portrayal of power. Why are you even questioning this? Mongul was obviously more powerful then pc Superman. He doesn't need the feats because that's what he was made for. To be Superman's superior. The majority board of this board agrees that pc Superman CAN BEAT Thanos. It maybe abc logic, but it makes sense. Pc Validus didn't have Superboy's feats, such as towing galaxies, flying to the end of the universe, and sneezing out solar systems, yet he owned him and two other kryptonians equal to Superboy. Mongul is simply more powerful than Superman. Btw can you give me some info on the Maker, I don't know jackshit about him stick out tongue

starking
i have brought up thanos victory over maker and everything else under the sun. darthgoober, starking hates on thanos. that is the bottom line. i agree with u 100 percent though darthgoober. its just i have been over this with him a hundred times. When have I said I hate Thanos?

panthergod
Thanos gets taken out with one punch, and anyone who says otherwise is either completely ignorant or a rabid fanboy.

close thread.

starking
Originally posted by panthergod
Thanos gets taken out with one punch, and anyone who says otherwise is either completely ignorant or a rabid fanboy.

close thread. Thats the only time me and you agree on something Panthergod stick out tongue

quanchi112

close thread. one punch, ur outta ur mind. thanos work mongul.

Rorschach
Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman hurts her hand punching Mongul

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8493/51277494wr8.th.jpg

quanchi112
Why are you even questioning this? Mongul was obviously more powerful then pc Superman. He doesn't need the feats because that's what he was made for. To be Superman's superior. The majority board of this board agrees that pc Superman CAN BEAT Thanos. It maybe abc logic, but it makes sense. Pc Validus didn't have Superboy's feats, such as towing galaxies, flying to the end of the universe, and sneezing out solar systems, yet he owned him and two other kryptonians equal to Superboy. Mongul is simply more powerful than Superman. Btw can you give me some info on the Maker, I don't know jackshit about him stick out tongue u dont know jacksh-- on many things that is talked about in these forums. the maker is the beyonder u silly man.

TricksterPriest
one punch, ur outta ur mind. thanos work mongul.

Thanos has one shot at taking out Mongul. Matter manip. He CANNOT win a slugfest with Mongul.

TricksterPriest
u dont know jacksh-- on many things that is talked about in these forums. the maker is the beyonder u silly man.

The maker is a cosmic cube, that is somewhat depowered. The 'Beyonder' is currently an inhuman. stick out tongue

starking
u dont know jacksh-- on many things that is talked about in these forums. the maker is the beyonder u silly man. Ohhhhhh. look whose talking. The pot called the tea kettle black. The Beyonder Thanos defeated wasn't that powerful, so don't bother with that crap. And please don't knock on me for not knowing who the Maker is, I was being honest, and polite, unlike a certain someone.

grey fox

close thread.

You truly don't understand a cosmic entities capabilities do you ?Originally posted by grey fox
Once Again.

How can Mongul stop his molecules being pulled an inch apart ?

darthgoober
Why are you even questioning this? Mongul was obviously more powerful then pc Superman. He doesn't need the feats because that's what he was made for. To be Superman's superior. The majority board of this board agrees that pc Superman CAN BEAT Thanos. It maybe abc logic, but it makes sense. Pc Validus didn't have Superboy's feats, such as towing galaxies, flying to the end of the universe, and sneezing out solar systems, yet he owned him and two other kryptonians equal to Superboy. Mongul is simply more powerful than Superman. Btw can you give me some info on the Maker, I don't know jackshit about him stick out tongue
I'm questioning this because I question EVERYTHING. I don't like to form an opinion on something until I have taken all the relevant info into consideration. I'm not denying that Mongul is stronger than Supes, I'm just questioning whether or not he's actually more powerful overall than PC Supes. Supes had a lot of powers back then that he was always "forgetting" about, and when he did he was taken on by plenty of people who shouldn't have been a problem. See the Pre Crisis Supes that exist here on the vs Forum is considered to be uber because of his outlandish feats, but those feats that put him at skyfather level weren't really taken into consideration from one issue to the next back then. That's why he got manhandled by gorillas and the like several times. Beating PC Supes in a comic in no way, shape, or form suggest that a character could beat him in a forum battle. I guarantee that Thanos could be WRITTEN to take on PC Supes if Supes didn't use all the uber single issue powers that were always popping up, but as you pointed out most people agree that Thanos would lose to him in a forum fight. So I ask again, aside from being stronger than Supes what does Mongul have to his credit that suggest he can beat Thanos? Mind you, I'm not denying the existence of things that put him ahead of Thanos, I'm just asking what they are because I'm not familiar with them.

And the Maker is an evolved cosmic cube that's equal to some of the low to mid level abstracts in Marvel(she used to be known as the Beyonder). When she/he assumed a physical form, Thanos beat her in a strait up fight(no plot devices or any real prep involved).

starking
I'm questioning this because I question EVERYTHING. I don't like to form an opinion on something until I have taken all the relevant info into consideration. I'm not denying that Mongul is stronger than Supes, I'm just questioning whether or not he's actually more powerful overall than PC Supes. Supes had a lot of powers back then that he was always "forgetting" about, and when he did he was taken on by plenty of people who shouldn't have been a problem. See the Pre Crisis Supes that exist here on the vs Forum is considered to be uber because of his outlandish feats, but those feats that put him at skyfather level weren't really taken into consideration from one issue to the next back then. That's why he got manhandled by gorillas and the like several times. Beating PC Supes in a comic in no way, shape, or form suggest that a character could beat him in a forum battle. I guarantee that Thanos could be WRITTEN to take on PC Supes if Supes didn't use all the uber single issue powers that were always popping up, but as you pointed out most people agree that Thanos would lose to him in a forum fight. So I ask again, aside from being stronger than Supes what does Mongul have to his credit that suggest he can beat Thanos? Mind you, I'm not denying the existence of things that put him ahead of Thanos, I'm just asking what they are because I'm not familiar with them.

And the Maker is an evolved cosmic cube that's equal to some of the low to mid level abstracts in Marvel(she used to be known as the Beyonder). When she/he assumed a physical form, Thanos beat her in a strait up fight(no plot devices or any real prep involved). Go read those scans posted above, and tell me if Mongul isn't more powerful all around than Superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl

And the Maker is an evolved cosmic cube that's equal to some of the low to mid level abstracts in Marvel(she used to be known as the Beyonder). When she/he assumed a physical form, Thanos beat her in a strait up fight(no plot devices or any real prep involved).

Juntai
I'm questioning this because I question EVERYTHING. I don't like to form an opinion on something until I have taken all the relevant info into consideration. I'm not denying that Mongul is stronger than Supes, I'm just questioning whether or not he's actually more powerful overall than PC Supes. Supes had a lot of powers back then that he was always "forgetting" about, and when he did he was taken on by plenty of people who shouldn't have been a problem. Similar to the Thanos/Surfer idea, that Surfer shows far more power and versatility than Thanos, but he forgets it all when they fight and he gets punched down. We're left just accepting that Thanos is beyond him.

darthgoober
Go read those scans posted above, and tell me if Mongul isn't more powerful all around than Superman.
You mean the one where he shrinks Supes and traps him in a box? See what I couldn't help but notice, was that in the 4th scan he said that he had the power of the Sun Eater in his hands. That sounds a lot like it could mean an external power up from the sound of it, so do you or anyone else know what issue/arc that's from so I can check it out for myself?

panthergod
one punch, ur outta ur mind. thanos work mongul.

With what?

Pre-Crisis Suprman is clearly much more powerful than Thanos. MUCH more powerful. It's is certtainly not a contest. It takes his best to hold his own against Mongul.

Thanos would get crushed by Pre-C Superman, and Mongul would demolish him, as those of us with actual knowledge of the characters and common sense can attest to.

quanchi112

And the Maker is an evolved cosmic cube that's equal to some of the low to mid level abstracts in Marvel(she used to be known as the Beyonder). When she/he assumed a physical form, Thanos beat her in a strait up fight(no plot devices or any real prep involved). i dont know what trickster was thinking, the maker used to be the beyonder. he doesnt know his stuff. beyonder in a mortal form is the maker. catch up trickter then gte back to me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Juntai
Similar to the Thanos/Surfer idea, that Surfer shows far more power and versatility than Thanos, but he forgets it all when they fight and he gets punched down. We're left just accepting that Thanos is beyond him.

Exactly. Or the many times Thanos is touted as being so strong and Durable but every time he fights someone, they completely jobber to him. OMG Thanos's Jobber aura is rediculous.

strengthkills
starking u should change ur name to strengthkills 2 like that other guy. since i guess if ur stromger u win all the fights. yep its official ur gay

strengthkills
Exactly. Or the many times Thanos is touted as being so strong and Durable but every time he fights someone, they completely jobber to him. OMG Thanos's Jobber aura is rediculous. the one time we agree nvr i applaud u in this thread

strengthkills
make it and lets see what happens...im sure ill see the darkseid brigade in there in full force. like u r one to talk

quanchi112
Exactly. Or the many times Thanos is touted as being so strong and Durable but every time he fights someone, they completely jobber to him. OMG Thanos's Jobber aura is rediculous. no its called thanos is that damn good. he beats people outright. in marvel he crushes silver surfer and just becuz someones powerset looks better on paper, it means nothing ok. geez u are obsessed with whoever is more powerful wins everytime. look at supes beating darkseid straight up for proof that it doesnt always go down like that.

starking
You mean the one where he shrinks Supes and traps him in a box? See what I couldn't help but notice, was that in the 4th scan he said that he had the power of the Sun Eater in his hands. That sounds a lot like it could mean an external power up from the sound of it, so do you or anyone else know what issue/arc that's from so I can check it out for myself? What the hell are you talking about? Now your misinterpretating the damn scans. From the looks of the scan, he was using the power of the Sun-eater as weapon or a doomsday device, not as a power up.

quanchi112
What the hell are you talking about? Now your misinterpretating the damn scans. From the looks of the scan, he was using the power of the Sun-eater as weapon or a doomsday device, not as a power up. ur using nver logic in that his interpretation of the scans is how it really is. the other fifty guys who disagree are wrong. again what makes ur interpretaions of the scan being as fact while u act like darthgppbers opinion doesnt count. respect peoples opinions.

nvrbeenwthagirl
no its called thanos is that damn good. he beats people outright. in marvel he crushes silver surfer and just becuz someones powerset looks better on paper, it means nothing ok. geez u are obsessed with whoever is more powerful wins everytime. look at supes beating darkseid straight up for proof that it doesnt always go down like that.

You are so gay. and this coming from a queer such as myself is an insult to the highest.

starking
ur using nver logic in that his interpretation of the scans is how it really is. the other fifty guys who disagree are wrong. again what makes ur interpretaions of the scan being as fact while u act like darthgppbers opinion doesnt count. respect peoples opinions. What the f#ck are you talking about? This isn't some forum where you can debate with your opinion, you have to actually back it up with some weight. Mongul is more powerful than pc Superman, and Thanos. Get over it.

Rorschach
You mean the one where he shrinks Supes and traps him in a box? See what I couldn't help but notice, was that in the 4th scan he said that he had the power of the Sun Eater in his hands. That sounds a lot like it could mean an external power up from the sound of it, so do you or anyone else know what issue/arc that's from so I can check it out for myself?

DC Comics Presents (1982) #43

quanchi112
What the f#ck are you talking about? This isn't some forum where you can debate with your opinion, you have to actually back it up with some weight. Mongul is more powerful than pc Superman, and Thanos. Get over it. thanos owned the maker/beyonder who though a little looney and powered down is extremly powerful. that is proof enough. u keep blabbing he is more powerful than pc supes, so what?

starking
thanos owned the maker/beyonder who though a little looney and powered down is extremly powerful. that is proof enough. u keep blabbing he is more powerful than pc supes, so what? The Beyonder was beaten with her guard down. You called Darkseid beating Mordru a cheapshot. But what the hell do you call Thanos beating the Beyonder? See your a hypocrit. Now scram, you suck at debating.

TricksterPriest
i dont know what trickster was thinking, the maker used to be the beyonder. he doesnt know his stuff. beyonder in a mortal form is the maker. catch up trickter then gte back to me.

The maker is a cosmic cube, that is somewhat depowered. The 'Beyonder' is currently an inhuman. stick out tongue

DarthGoober: "And the Maker is an evolved cosmic cube that's equal to some of the low to mid level abstracts in Marvel(she used to be known as the Beyonder). When she/he assumed a physical form, Thanos beat her in a strait up fight(no plot devices or any real prep involved)."

........Quanchi, you're a ****ing tard and a lying piece of shit. miffed Mongul and PC Supes would both assrape your precious Thanos.

quanchi112
DarthGoober: "And the Maker is an evolved cosmic cube that's equal to some of the low to mid level abstracts in Marvel(she used to be known as the Beyonder). When she/he assumed a physical form, Thanos beat her in a strait up fight(no plot devices or any real prep involved)."

........Quanchi, you're a ****ing tard and a lying piece of shit. miffed Mongul and PC Supes would both assrape your precious Thanos. what di di lie about? explain.

darthgoober
What the hell are you talking about? Now your misinterpretating the damn scans. From the looks of the scan, he was using the power of the Sun-eater as weapon or a doomsday device, not as a power up.
I'm not misrepresenting anything. I noticed something that was said that COULD mean that there was some kind of power up involved. I didn't say that there WAS a power up, just that it sounded like there could have been so I'm going to check it out. What do you see as being wrong with that?

quanchi112
still waiting for proof as to me lying from trickster

nvrbeenwthagirl
still waiting for proof as to me lying from trickster

YOua re laughable. You still haven't provided any proof of the so called lies I was accused of.

starking
I'm not misrepresenting anything. I noticed something that was said that COULD mean that there was some kind of power up involved. I didn't say that there WAS a power up, just that it sounded like there could have been so I'm going to check it out. What do you see as being wrong with that? No I can tell you straight up that Mongul didn't have a power up. He was going to use the Sun-eater as a doomsday device. Everything Mongul did was under his own power.

quanchi112
YOua re laughable. You still haven't provided any proof of the so called lies I was accused of. i did in the other forum. u said the end was noncanon. u dont even know what is in thanos series. u just post ur opinion as fact without having anything to back it up.. u know the thread where u ignore mrmaster becuz he made u look so badddddddddd. big grin laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
i did in the other forum. u said the end was noncanon. u dont even know what is in thanos series. u just post ur opinion as fact without having anything to back it up.. u know the thread where u ignore mrmaster becuz he made u look so badddddddddd. big grin laughing

MR. Master is known around these parts of contrived theories of excellence. IT's already been shown that it's a debate out to whether or not if the end is cannon undo the 616 universe. I do think it is cannon unto the 616 multiverse. and maybe to thanos in some sort. Marvel's official stance is that some similiar event happend in the main 616 but no actuals are given. IF it were the power of God, if the same things happened. So please from now on, stop being gay. you embarress us all.

quanchi112
MR. Master is known around these parts of contrived theories of excellence. IT's already been shown that it's a debate out to whether or not if the end is cannon undo the 616 universe. I do think it is cannon unto the 616 multiverse. and maybe to thanos in some sort. Marvel's official stance is that some similiar event happend in the main 616 but no actuals are given. IF it were the power of God, if the same things happened. So please from now on, stop being gay. you embarress us all. its mentioned on panel dude. what else can u say
do u say that tahnos series didnt happen. i dont care if its a debate or not, its shown on panel, and if we cant count whats on panel what can we count. and quit saying gay u try to incult me by calling me what u are. its like ur insulting urself. its werid to have a gay guy call me gay as a cutdown. its on panel the debate is over. u have lost.

quanchi112
ur answer doesnt make sense either. u have no reason and just have contrived theories of ur own when on panel it has happened in thanos series. no other explantion than that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
its mentioned on panel dude. what else can u say
do u say that tahnos series didnt happen. i dont care if its a debate or not, its shown on panel, and if we cant count whats on panel what can we count. and quit saying gay u try to incult me by calling me what u are. its like ur insulting urself. its werid to have a gay guy call me gay as a cutdown. its on panel the debate is over. u have lost.

That entire point. A gay guy using gay as an insult. It's rediculous isn't it.

quanchi112
That entire point. A gay guy using gay as an insult. It's rediculous isn't it. its ridicoulous on ur part...its like me being staright ripping on someone and saying they are an embarrassment to straight guys...its stupid but hey keep insulting urself no skin off my back

nvrbeenwthagirl
its ridicoulous on ur part...its like me being staright ripping on someone and saying they are an embarrassment to straight guys...its stupid but hey keep insulting urself no skin off my back

I think the humor is too advanced for you.

darthgoober
No I can tell you straight up that Mongul didn't have a power up. He was going to use the Sun-eater as a doomsday device. Everything Mongul did was under his own power.
Well that's good, but I'd still like to see for myself. Don't take it personally, I check out specific instances like this all the time, it's not just you. I'm just one of those people that prefer to check things out for themselves.

quanchi112
I think the humor is too advanced for you. i think ur humor is just well to quote u gay.

starking
Well that's good, but I'd still like to see for myself. Don't take it personally, I check out specific instances like this all the time, it's not just you. I'm just one of those people that prefer to check things out for themselves. Alright that's cool.

charlemagne9746
quanchi...what part of Thanos gets one shotted by Mongul...don't you understand. This isn't a fight

quanchi112
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
quanchi...what part of Thanos gets one shotted by Mongul...don't you understand. This isn't a fight thanos would own this silly mongul. hes easily manipulated and strength dopes not determine the outcome of a fight .

darthgoober
quanchi...what part of Thanos gets one shotted by Mongul...don't you understand. This isn't a fight
Does Mongul REALLY have the showings to indicate that he's THAT much more powerful than Odin, Tyrant, or the Maker? I'm not going to give my opinion of the match until I can look into Mongul some more, but I seriously doubt that I'll find anything to suggest that Mongul can take out Thanos with a single shot.

Symmetric Chaos
Does Mongul REALLY have the showings to indicate that he's THAT much more powerful than Odin, Tyrant, or the Maker? I'm not going to give my opinion of the match until I can look into Mongul some more, but I seriously doubt that I'll find anything to suggest that Mongul can take out Thanos with a single shot.

No but he does have enough to say that he can physically over power Thanos if comes down to that.

charlemagne9746
thanos would own this silly mongul. hes easily manipulated and strength dopes not determine the outcome of a fight .

strength doesn't determine the outcome of a fight? What if Supes and Robin got into a fist fight....yeah...i think Supes strength advantage would kill the boy wonder. If you're leagues beyond someone in strength or any power...then it can determine the outcome of a fight.

quanchi112
strength doesn't determine the outcome of a fight? What if Supes and Robin got into a fist fight....yeah...i think Supes strength advantage would kill the boy wonder. If you're leagues beyond someone in strength or any power...then it can determine the outcome of a fight. thanos took on thor with the power gem and was doing just fine. thor with the power gem has more strength than pc mongul so chill out.

starking
thanos took on thor with the power gem and was doing just fine. thor with the power gem has more strength than pc mongul so chill out. What are power gem Thor's feats?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No but he does have enough to say that he can physically over power Thanos if comes down to that.
I'm not denying that, but that's not what was said. Just because you can over power somebody doesn't mean you one shot them. Several of Marvel's big guns can over power Namor physically, that doesn't mean it's an easy feat to accomplish or that he goes down after the first shot.

darthgoober
What are power gem Thor's feats?
Taking down Drax, Maxim, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, and Dr. Strange.

starking
Does Mongul REALLY have the showings to indicate that he's THAT much more powerful than Odin, Tyrant, or the Maker? I'm not going to give my opinion of the match until I can look into Mongul some more, but I seriously doubt that I'll find anything to suggest that Mongul can take out Thanos with a single shot. Odin defeated Thanos easily, he fought Tyrant with a power up, and as for the Maker, she wasn't in a good mental state, so that feat means nothing.

quanchi112
thor with power gem is badass

starking
Taking down Drax, Maxim, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, and Dr. Strange. While that's impressive, Mongul defeated pc Superman, Green lantern and Supergirl. And how did he beat Dr.Strange? If I'm not mistaken Strange has stood up to Thanos with the Ig.

darthgoober
Odin defeated Thanos easily, he fought Tyrant with a power up, and as for the Maker, she wasn't in a good mental state, so that feat means nothing.
Odin's victory over Thanos was in no way easy. The fact that Thanos continued to get up and fight back through the entire encounter despite the fact that both Drax and Surfer were one shotted is proof of that. If Odin himself can't one shot Thanos, I don't see Mongul doing it.

Thanos used the Orb against Tyrant offensively, there's nothing top indicate that it increased his durability.

And the Maker's mental state doesn't take away from the fact that Thanos was able to strait up put a beatdown on the girl. How many abstract level characters has Mongul taken down?

Again, I'm not trying to call a winner on this fight until I investigate Mongul some more, I just felt obligated to point out that it's extremely unlikely Mongul can one shot him. But while I'm thinking about it, what kind of resistance to matter manipulation, telepathy, and reality distortion has PC Mongul shown?

darthgoober
While that's impressive, Mongul defeated pc Superman, Green lantern and Supergirl. And how did he beat Dr.Strange? If I'm not mistaken Strange has stood up to Thanos with the Ig.
Taking down Strange is more impressive than taking down PC Supes IMO, taking down Surfer is every bit as impressive as taking down GL, and I'd say that the combined Warlock w/Soul Gem, Drax, and Maxim is more than the equivelent of taking down Super Girl.

And Strange didn't stand up to Thanos with the IG, he just countered some of the stuff that Warlock threw at him when Adam had the IG. And Adam was never really trying to take Strange down, when Warlock got serious the fight was over.

quanchi112
Odin defeated Thanos easily, he fought Tyrant with a power up, and as for the Maker, she wasn't in a good mental state, so that feat means nothing. no ur blind now. u dont know what half this stuff is becuz u ask question. then all of asudden pretend u know the entire situation. u obvioulsy havent seen the comic so dont act like u know it all without reading the issue. odin didnt defeat thanos easliy and thanos was still standing. it doesnt matter if maker was in weak condition its stil a feat. there is no evidence that orb thanos was using to hit tyrant amped his power. u have read none of this. quit underestimateing thanos against a guy whos wiki pofile actually admits he is no thanos or darkseid and is easly manipulated. thanos would beat him face it starking. and learn soemthing before u post again,.

quanchi112
when did strange stand up to thanos with the ig. why didnt he end it then. why did they get eternity and all abstracts involeved to challenge him. strange isnt more powerful than eternity. please get ur facts straight.

Estacado
Holly shit!!!!!Not the Wikipedia profile!!!!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Holly shit!!!!!Not the Wikipedia profile!!!!!! almost three sentences that time. whoa man. when ha mongul been known for being a master manipulator. oh thats right he isnt.

Estacado
Let me guess Thanos wins because he has taken over the Universe and Mongul hasn't.

Oh and Wiki also said that Juggernaut's son is class 1000,000.

Endless Mike
PC Mongul had tech that could imprison PC Supes in a forcefield and shrink him down to 6 inches tall.

judge of worlds
Thanos wins cauz hes marvl.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Let me guess Thanos wins because he has taken over the Universe and Mongul hasn't.

Oh and Wiki also said that Juggernaut's son is class 1000,000. thanos has many impressive feats. he is smarter and a beast in physical combat. thanos just flat out beats him.

strengthkills
thanos took on thor with the power gem and was doing just fine. thor with the power gem has more strength than pc mongul so chill out. so did thor have the gem or thanos

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by strengthkills
so did thor have the gem or thanos

Thor had it during the instance in question. And I still say Mongul takes this unless Thanos can matter manip him or something. Though, I don't know if that would work on Mongul....... confused

strengthkills
Thor had it during the instance in question. And I still say Mongul takes this unless Thanos can matter manip him or something. Though, I don't know if that would work on Mongul....... confused thanks so did thanos eventually get it? .....

Jebus reborn
Thanos used the Orb against Tyrant offensively, there's nothing top indicate that it increased his durability. Actually, it doesn't matter, because Thanos later siphoned off the power of the orb after the fight.

So, anything that happened in that fight, later became Thanos's permanent powers.

Hazsekswthurmom
bump

Omega Vision
Mongul.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Mongul.

based on what exactly do you come to this conclusion

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
based on what exactly do you come to this conclusion
Superior strength, durability, his ability to trap beings as mighty as PC Superman in dimensional inversion cubes which drains their powers.

Thanos has one main advantage: intelligence, and I can't see that coming into play much here.

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superior strength, durability, his ability to trap beings as mighty as PC Superman in dimensional inversion cubes which drains their powers.

Thanos has one main advantage: intelligence, and I can't see that coming into play much here.

Not to mention taking an extended beat down from Supes with zero damage, and taking him out without even trying, while comparing his efforts to those of an insect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.