Storm vs Magneto pt 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2damnloud
Both Bloodlusted with one stipulation. Magneto can't use the Blood-ripshifty

3 days prep.

Magneto can do his Science stuff and Ororo can meditate and get intune with nature more and more and more.

Fight takes place/starts out in The Roman Colosseum

llagrok
Magneto.

Symmetric Chaos
Magneto goes and finds Sage or someone.

batdude123
Magneto very easily.

Validus
Storm. Mistress of the Storms after all.

llagrok
Magneto. Master of magnetism after all.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
Storm. Mistress of the Storms after all.

Originally posted by llagrok
Magneto. Master of magnetism after all.

hmm

ErikMunroe. Master of magnetic storms . . . wait that almost completely useless.

Swanky-Tuna
Is Magneto allowed to pummel the planet with asteroids until it either falls apart or is thrown off is trajectory?

2damnloud
No, then no one wins right?confused

Swanky-Tuna
Is he allowed to empty the planet's core of lava until it collapses on itself, and probably gets thrown off it trajectory?

Soljer
Magneto and with ridiculous ease.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm has mystical powers. She's above Pheonix but every writer she's had was too much a wimp to write her that way.

2damnloud
C'mon, serious debate guys.

Is there any possible way for Mags to win with no plot device in just a straight-up power brawl with Ororo??

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Is there any possible way for Mags to win with no plot device in just a straight-up power brawl with Ororo??

Yes many ways but you won't listen to any of them so this thread is basicly pointless.

golem370
Not just Magnetism but he can also manipulate electromagnetic spectrum.

Magneto/Powers- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_%28Marvel_Comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

2damnloud
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yes many ways but you won't listen to any of them so this thread is basicly pointless.

Go for it. eek!

Swanky-Tuna
C'mon, serious debate guys.

He can only use his powers directly on her?

There goes my next question about strangling her with his hat.

2damnloud
So there's no way for him to win huh?confused

Symmetric Chaos

He can over power her control of EM can render her all but powerless.

He can hide behind his shield and shoot bits of metal through her skull as mach speeds.

pr1983
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm has mystical powers. She's above Pheonix but every writer she's had was too much a wimp to write her that way.

yeah, hacks...

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He can only use his powers directly on her?

There goes my next question about strangling her with his hat.

laughing

Metalmanx

yes

thumb up

Swanky-Tuna
Oh no, it's just a lot of his fun abilities involve tapping into other things. I would say he could shoot her with a laser, but that's not using his powers directly on her, you see.

It looks like you only want a method of attack that entails direct power use on the other so a struggle over the energy ensues, then there will be a long, fruitless debate over who has better control. Of course you will pick Storm then try to use it as the basis of why you think she's better than Magneto purely by your view of their control levels, completely ignoring versatilities and aspects of each's abilities.

Originally posted by pr1983
yeah, hacks...

laughing
It's funny and also amazingly effective.

2damnloud
He can over power her control of EM can render her all but powerless.

Try again. Even in a weakened state Storm put up a fight with regard to the EM spectrum.

Her powers don't necessarily work that way anyway.

He can hide behind his shield and shoot bits of metal through her skull as mach speeds.

Pressure Dome UPeek!. Storm creates a vacuum around said shield and he can't breath

spidey-dude
Both Bloodlusted with one stipulation. Magneto can't use the Blood-ripshifty

3 days prep.

Magneto can do his Science stuff and Ororo can meditate and get intune with nature more and more and more.

Fight takes place/starts out in The Roman Colosseum face it storm fan girl. storm gets her ass kicked by magnus easy.

Symmetric Chaos
Try again. Even in a weakened state Storm put up a fight with regard to the EM spectrum.

Her powers don't necessarily work that way either.

Pressure Dome UPeek!. Storm creates a vacuum around said shield and he can't breath

This is precisly what I meant.

No amount of pressure is going to save Storm from hyper fast scraps of metal getting to her especially since Magneto's reaction times are better than her's and he'll get a shot in before she does everytime.

Rick/Genis
are you a joke or something?

Swanky-Tuna
What would a pressure dome do? If she gets it up in time he can still control the metal fragments that will shatter within the outer rim of the dome. He can push them through and embed them in her face.

Badabing
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm has mystical powers. She's above Pheonix but every writer she's had was too much a wimp to write her that way. durfistdurdurfistdur

2damnloud
This is precisly what I meant.

No amount of pressure is going to save Storm from hyper fast scraps of metal getting to her especially since Magneto's reaction times are better than her's and he'll get a shot in before she does everytime.

laughing

Scrap metal???

Her pressure dome Stops his attack. It cut through a moutain.

His reation times are shit given he has been hit by people< Ororo.

He isn't Flash.

::Fight continues::

Symmetric Chaos
laughing

Scrap metal???

He isn't Flash.

His reaction time are 15x that of a humans. Storm's are human level.

Metal cuts Storm in half before she knows that Magneto is attacking.

::Fight Ends::

Swanky-Tuna
Do you think the pieces of mountain she cut through disappeared?

2damnloud
What would a pressure dome do? If she gets it up in time he can still control the metal fragments that will shatter within the outer rim of the dome. He can push them through and embed them in her face.

Not if they use AIR a a medium and who said the mettal would "shatter"confused It would immediately be deflected

Storm can create an istant vacuum and there's nothing he can do to stop that.

Soljer
He could rip her in half. That's not a blood rip.

He could give her a stroke. That's not a blood rip.

He could deactivate her powers. That's not a blood rip.

He could impale her. That's not a blood rip.

He could send her earrings through her temples. That's not a blood rip.

And I'm not even a magneto fan. Ask Batdude, I'm sure he'll have a plethora of ways.

Metalmanx

And I'm not even a magneto fan. Ask Batdude, I'm sure he'll have a plethora of ways.

I know. It's just sad now, isn't it? sad

Swanky-Tuna
Not if they use AIR a a medium and who said the mettal would "shatter"confused It would immediately be deflected
I was thinking like air so dense that solid materials had trouble entering because of the resistance, like firing a gun into water.

If you mean the spinning air shield she did to mega-erode through the mountain, that's even easier. He just keeps pressure on the sphere until he's through. You know, like the beginning of every Look Who's Talking movie.

They may fire at bullet-like speeds but they don't fly like dumb fire missiles, he has control of them. If anything, her shield will just heat the metal fragments up and then she'll have hot shards of metal coming at her.

Keep his shield up?

2damnloud

1.)Involves "blood"
2.) involves blood
3)Nope, he can't
4.)Pressure dome or she can remove all the air from his vicinity making projectiles useless also killing him in the process
5.)3 dys prep.confused Storm is not Blonde, why would she wear earings??

Swanky-Tuna
Oh crap, 3 days prep? He gives her a planetary stroke.

darthgoober
1.)Involves "blood"
2.) involves blood
So what....your basically going to handicap the shit out of Magneto, but let Storm go all out for the thread? If you wanted a thread where Magneto is going to be playing with kids gloves while Storm's going all out you should have just said so.
3)Nope, he can't
Why?
4.)Pressure dome or she can remove all the air from his vicinity making projectiles useless also killing him in the process
How would no air make projectiles useless? Wouldn't that actually make it easier for him to tag her with something since there's no wind resistance?
5.)3 dys prep.confused Storm is not Blonde, why would she wear earrings??
Cause they fight in character and she wears earrings. wink

Soljer
You said no blood rip. You said nothing about controlling the flow, nor about ripping Storm in half.

He can also fuse ambient metals to her body and kill her (very painfully) that way.

phillipan
Oh no, it's just a lot of his fun abilities involve tapping into other things. I would say he could shoot her with a laser, but that's not using his powers directly on her, you see.

It looks like you only want a method of attack that entails direct power use on the other so a struggle over the energy ensues, then there will be a long, fruitless debate over who has better control. Of course you will pick Storm then try to use it as the basis of why you think she's better than Magneto purely by your view of their control levels, completely ignoring versatilities and aspects of each's abilities.

It's funny and also amazingly effective.

yes

2damnloud
I was thinking like air so dense that solid materials had trouble entering because of the resistance, like firing a gun into water.

If you mean the spinning air shield she did to mega-erode through the mountain, that's even easier. He just keeps pressure on the sphere until he's through. You know, like the beginning of every Look Who's Talking movie.

They may fire at bullet-like speeds but they don't fly like dumb fire missiles, he has control of them. If anything, her shield will just heat the metal fragments up and then she'll have hot shards of metal coming at her.

Pressure dome. high density. I don't seen anything over molecular level objects .

Keep his shiled up?

Thus he suffocates. Happy Dance

Badabing
Pressure dome. high density. I don't seen anything over molecular level objects .

Thus he suffocates. Happy Dance durfist

Swanky-Tuna
So be it. He scrambles her brain with a swarm of metal molecules.

He can always ventilate the bubble. Not by making holes in it, but making a secondary bubble to deliver the air and another to get rid of the excess, keeping the system sealed.

2damnloud
Originally posted by darthgoober
So what....your basically going to handicap the shit out of Magneto, but let Storm go all out for the thread? If you wanted a thread where Magneto is going to be playing with kids gloves while Storm's going all out you should have just said so.

Magneto is not handicappedlaughing

Why?

He powers work by manipulating energy patterns. The most he could do is inhibit her electrical phenomena. Maybe

Cause they fight in character and she wears earrings. wink

Funnylaughing Storm is also a strategist and a smart woman, she wouldn't do that.

2damnloud
So be it. He scrambles her brain with a swarm of metal molecules.

Metal molecules??? Interesting. That would require a great deal of concentration. WOuld Ro really allow that. She can multitask. Are there free-flowing "metal molecules" just floating in the air??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

He can always ventilate the bubble. Not by making holes in it, but making a secondary bubble to deliver the air and another to get rid of the excess, keeping the system sealed.

Ok, the air from where?? She's removed all the air from vicinity. Again, it takes concentration for him to do that. What will Storm be doing??

I say she drops a vortex on him to quickly put a SERIOUS strain on em.

Mind you, he still can't breath or concentrate on that little ventilation plan you had.

batdude123

laughing out loud

You still can't accept the fact that Ororo gets her ass handed to her by Erik, can you?

Magneto still wins here 10/10.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing out loud

You still can't accept the fact that Ororo gets her ass handed to her by Erik, can you?

Magneto still wins here 10/10.

B-b-but what about air pressure?

phillipan
Metal molecules??? Interesting. That would require a great deal of concentration. WOuld Ro really allow that. She can multitask. Are there free-flowing "metal molecules" just floating in the air??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok, the air from where?? She's removed all the air from vicinity. Again, it takes concentration for him to do that. What will Storm be doing??

I say she drops a vortex on him to quickly put a SERIOUS strain on em.

Mind you, he still can't breath or concentrate on that little ventilation plan you had.

So storm removes all the air from the vicinity, instantaneously, (how

does that not kill her in the first place?) then proceeds to create a

tornado, with NO AIR???

Am I missing something here?

By the way storm wouldnt be able to pull this off as people already

mentioned Magnetos reaction time is GREATER than Storms. He could

fry her butt, with infrared radiation or microwaves quickly through the

heart (since microwaves dont need air as a medium to travel through

anyway).

batdude123
laughing

Scrap metal???

He isn't Flash.

laughing out loud

You sure about that one, slick?

He's caught a speedblitzing Northstar right out of the air, and he's locked a speedblitzing Quicksilver up in metal.

His connection to the earth's magnetic field allowed his conscious to follow Monica flying at the speed of light across the planet.

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thexmenvstheavengers042xb7.jpg

Yeah... that pretty much butt rapes anything she can throw at him.

Mags 11/10.

What If...
umm...Storm doesn't even do that...

Swanky-Tuna
It would take a fair amount of concentration, it's not above him though. He is able to reprogram machines with is powers. Understanding and correctly rewriting binary would take a ton of focus. He's also quite the multi-tasker.

And the metal is the same metal he fires at Storm to begin with.

Oh, from the whole area? For miles? Then Storm suffocates.

Suffocating apparently. Or defending the metal shards while robbing the area around Magneto from air.

Are you suggesting Magneto can't chew gum and walk at the same time?

batdude123
3)Nope, he can't

I'm afraid he already has. smile

He locked up her bio-electric current in her body so she couldn't use her powers. He later did the same to Nightcrawler.

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=story1page04newea8.jpg

batdude123

What the hell are you talking about? I swear you're becoming dumber and dumber by the day.

He can scramble atoms with a mere gesture.

http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magironeverywherest2.jpg

It's pathetic how many ways Storm could die in a match against Magneto.

Evil_Ash
Are you suggesting Magneto can't chew gum and walk at the same time?

Only Thanos can do that... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Trolt

Why the hell are you guys playing along with that ?

Serisouly right here should be the limit. I mean there are comic physics..and then there should be a point where it just doens't make sense anymore (i swear im' gonna explode if you suggest a pressure dome can somehow stop lasers)

-- You're saying her pressure (dervived from the atmosphere) should overcome/reflect his magnetically propelled metal shards ? <-- can u explain to me what you THINK a pressure dome even is ? I mean magneto has a force-field (that doens't exactly make sense, but it's common sci-fi lingo) .. but a pressure dome ??

You referred to wind speeds and such, but here is my take :
Considering the lack of density of the air/medium w/e u call it, it'd need to be travelling absurdly fast in order to have an effect on the particles that mageneto is firing in her direction. I have trouble imagining someone "blowing" away a bullet.

emporerpants
2damnloud doesn't opperate on logic. nor does he need food or water to survive. he sustains himself solely on fanboyism.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Trolt
It's usually easier to go straight through the absurd Storm feats with these two because they won't change their opinion about anything, partially because they don't consider anything else. Or maybe that's the complete reason.

In this case, I just let him have it. Fine, wind can break stuff down to the molecular level. But it's still metal, it can still be fused back into a larger metal construct within the dome or he can use it like the spray paint tool on mspaint through her skull.

Evil_Ash
It's usually easier to go straight through the absurd Storm feats with these two because they won't change their opinion about anything.

It's usually also easier to go straight through the absurd Magneto feats...stick out tongue

inimalist
the magnitude of insanity is raising exponentially.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by inimalist
the magnitude of insanity is raising exponentially.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/retard.jpg

inimalist
precisely

Rutog98
Originally posted by Trolt

Serisouly right here should be the limit. I mean there are comic physics..and then there should be a point where it just doens't make sense anymore (i swear im' gonna explode if you suggest a pressure dome can somehow stop lasers)

-- You're saying her pressure (dervived from the atmosphere) should overcome/reflect his magnetically propelled metal shards ? <-- can u explain to me what you THINK a pressure dome even is ? I mean magneto has a force-field (that doens't exactly make sense, but it's common sci-fi lingo) .. but a pressure dome ??

You referred to wind speeds and such, but here is my take :
Considering the lack of density of the air/medium w/e u call it, it'd need to be travelling absurdly fast in order to have an effect on the particles that mageneto is firing in her direction. I have trouble imagining someone "blowing" away a bullet.

Guess what? Storm has hurled hailstones with her winds with enough force that it destroyed the ground at an atomic level. This happened in "Hunt for Xavier."

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Rutog98
Guess what? Storm has hurled hailstones with her winds with enough force that it destroyed the ground at an atomic level. This happened in "Hunt for Xavier."
How does ice survive going 30 thousand miles per hour? How does wind travel at 30 thousand miles per hours?

Martian_mind
How does ice survive going 30 thousand miles per hour?

How does Soljer remove those stains Batdude puts on his couch?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Martian_mind
How does Soljer remove those stains Batdude puts on his couch?

Magic...

Martian_mind
Funny,Thats how Soljer describes their moments together.....

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Funny,Thats how Soljer describes their moments together.....

confused

blink

sick

puke

Spite thread. Original poster obviously hates Storm. big grin

janus77
Magneto shuts down Storm's mutant gene.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by janus77
Magneto shuts down Storm's mutant gene.

no expression

Please tell me Magneto can't do that... wacko

Bentley
Magneto uses his prep to pack lunch and then uses a Black Whole to destroy Storm.

janus77
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
no expression

Please tell me Magneto can't do that... wacko
well apparently he can make mutants by using some form of radiation to mutate genes in fairly controlled ways. why not use the same process to inhibit them?

also, he has created devices to nullify the x-gene (on his island) so yes, he definitely could use that as a battle tactic. either as a device separate from his magnetic powers (ie in the "prep time"wink or as an example of the insane feats his powers and intelligence in combination can achieve.

Bentley
Black Panther with prep has a better chance of winning this than Storm.

2damnloud
Originally posted by phillipan
So storm removes all the air from the vicinity, instantaneously, (how

does that not kill her in the first place?) then proceeds to create a

tornado, with NO AIR???

Am I missing something here?

By the way storm wouldnt be able to pull this off as people already

mentioned Magnetos reaction time is GREATER than Storms. He could

fry her butt, with infrared radiation or microwaves quickly through the

heart (since microwaves dont need air as a medium to travel through

anyway).

Storm doesn't suffocate because removed all the air from the vicinity. She controls air. She can control the air to the extent that she can block SOUNDWAVES as she did in X-treme.

Maybe I should have said "remove all the air from HIS vicinity". When he starts to do the ventilation trick Swanky-Mentioned, she Drops a Tornado on him easy. She controls the air to a great extent.

Microves shouldn't/wouldn't work against Ororo since she as maniplated INSANE amounts of Celestial energy. Stars, Solar winds anyone??

2damnloud
I'm afraid he already has. smile

He locked up her bio-electric current in her body so she couldn't use her powers. He later did the same to Nightcrawler.

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=story1page04newea8.jpg

Again, That's about the most he can do. He maybe can inhibit her electrical powers, and she can Suffocate him with a vortex. No Colossus will be there to save him.

janus77
before she thinks about doing anything, she feels a sharp ripping pain in her chest. slowly it dawns on her that Magneto's 15x faster than her to react and that anything is a weapon in his 'hands'.

Magneto goes home, fires up the computer, surfs over to kmc, reads your Storm worship threads and keels over from exhaustion after a severe laughing fit.

2damnloud 1 Magneto 0 (Storm -gazillion)

happy? smile

2damnloud
Yea, 15x faster yet she managed to suffocate him TWICE roll eyes (sarcastic)

*fight continues*

So far from this thread Storm's Air Attacks nullifies anything Magneto can do.

janus77
yes, of course why Storm should be fighting Galactus and T&A not some poxy mutant...

Storm gets murdered by Magneto, and he wouldn't even be exerting himself.

what "air attacks" is she going to use? just violent breath and farting?
I think Magneto's shields can repel those smile

Brutacus
Storm doesn't suffocate because removed all the air from the vicinity. She controls air. She can control the air to the extent that she can block SOUNDWAVES as she did in X-treme.

Maybe I should have said "remove all the air from HIS vicinity". When he starts to do the ventilation trick Swanky-Mentioned, she Drops a Tornado on him easy. She controls the air to a great extent.

Microves shouldn't/wouldn't work against Ororo since she as maniplated INSANE amounts of Celestial energy. Stars, Solar winds anyone??

Thought she could control the weather not air, I mean how is she able to remove all the air from his vicinity????
I mean with what????

phillipan
Can some one post a scan of storm removing the air from the vicinity to validate 2dams claim?

janus77
Originally posted by Brutacus
Thought she could control the weather not air, I mean how is she able to remove all the air from his vicinity????
I mean with what????
she carries a vacuum cleaner with her for just such occasions.

batdude123

*fight continues*

I think you mean ONCE. And great way to counter my other points, 2damnloud. Your KMC's definition of a fantastic debater. thumbsup

However, speaking from a realistic standpoint, over the years Magneto has beaten her... what? 5 times? At least?

Even though you'll never openly admit it, in your heart you know Storm can't beat Magneto. Not now, not ever. smile

Erik for the win 10/10.

Swanky-Tuna

*fight continues*

Umm... what happened to tearing her up with metal fragments? The normal... what, 8 foot? shield would give him at least 5 minutes. That's long enough to fire shards into Storm at hypersonic speeds.

Solar wind is electrically charged gas, or plasma, not radiation.

xjudge
huc

2damnloud
Umm... what happened to tearing her up with metal fragments? The normal... what, 8 foot? shield would give him at least 5 minutes. That's long enough to fire shards into Storm at hypersonic speeds.

Um, Storm can multitask. She would be safely behind the pressure dome while putting a strain on him with a multiple vortex tornado.

Solar wind is electrically charged gas, or plasma, not radiation.

It's radiation no expression

Symmetric Chaos
It's radiation no expression

Saying that doesn't make it true.

Swanky-Tuna

2damnloud
Saying that doesn't make it true.

Radiation as used in physics, is energy in the form of waves or particles. There are two distinct types of radiation, ionizing radiation and non-ionizing radiation. Various sub-types of radiation may also be distinguished, dependent upon the type of the emission source, the wavelength, the energy, the carrier, etc. The most common use of the word "radiation" refers to ionizing radiation. Ionizing radiation has enough energy to ionize atoms or molecules while non-ionizing radiation does not. Radioactive material is a physical material that emits radiation, or energy.

Solar wind is Alpha RADIATION.

Swanky-Tuna
Fine, Storm technically can control Alpha radiation, but it's not in the same group as microwaves. Has she ever directly controlled microwaves?

Either way, it doesn't prevent her from being skewered int he head

ExodusCloak
Isn't Alpha radiation a Helium Nucleus?

Gamma Radiation is different it's Electromagnetic Waves.

2damnloud
To think about it, Storm has at one point or the the other manipulated every kind of radiatio there is on LARGE scale.--Alpah, Beta, Gamma

Symmetric Chaos
To think about it. Storm has at one point or the the other manipulated every kind of radiatio there is.--Alpah, Beta, Gamma

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't suppose you have anything along the lines of evidence do you?

Swanky-Tuna
To think about it, Storm has at one point or the the other manipulated every kind of radiatio there is on LARGE scale.--Alpah, Beta, Gamma
That reminds me of that song, three out of eleven ain't bad.

2damnloud

Symmetric Chaos

2damnloud
Also look up "superwave" it relates to Gamma Rays in the Galactic core.

Realistically, from an objective point of view, Storm is>>>>>>>>>>Than Mangeto.

Magnetos VER VERY powerful, but delving into Ororo's power makes him look third rate.

If Storm is given he FULL credit she's >>>>> Mags.

We've seen all we can see from Magneto.

We've just scratched the surface with Storm.

The nautre of her abilities, gives her INFINITE power.

Soljer
So that would be a no?

A lengthy no, but a no nonetheless.

2damnloud
So that would be a no?

confused

2damnloud
A lengthy no, but a no nonetheless.

Comprehend much?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Swanky-Tuna
Alright, I go for the "Magneto strangles her with his hat" method.

Fires his hat at her at supersonic speeds while forming it into a thin strip. If she can get a "pressure field" up in time, fine, whatever. Even if it molecularizes it, he reforms it as a collar around her neck and constricts it. Total time to accomplish: 3 seconds at most. Storm stays conscious for maybe 4 seconds tops as the blood flow is cut off to her brain.

janus77
what if Magneto just rips the earth up from under her pressure cooker err dome, and just bfrs her and the dome, out of the earth's atmosphere?

as 2damnloud's long tract on solar wind (how appropriate :confusedsmile states, the Earth's got a form of magnetic shielding that prevents much of the solar radiation getting through, why couldn't Magneto place a similar shield/bubble around Storm and thus prevent her from accessing any of the solar radiation business... she'd basically be neutralised.

the most simple way for this match to go would be that Storm suffers an aneurysm whilst struggling to get past Magneto's shield with ever more elaborate gusts of wind no expression

that's with minimal effort on Magneto's part.

with some intent and "bloodlust", Magneto could simple bend the Earth's magnetic fields just enough to let the solar radiations irradiate Storm, frying her on the spot.

or maybe wrap her in copper and other conductive metals whilst she summons lightning ... causing the lightning to strike her and fry her.

2damnloud
what if Magneto just rips the earth up from under her pressure cooker err dome, and just bfrs her and the dome, out of the earth's atmosphere?

as 2damnloud's long tract on solar wind (how appropriate :confusedsmile states, the Earth's got a form of magnetic shielding that prevents much of the solar radiation getting through, why couldn't Magneto place a similar shield/bubble around Storm and thus prevent her from accessing any of the solar radiation business... she'd basically be neutralised.

the most simple way for this match to go would be that Storm suffers an aneurysm whilst struggling to get past Magneto's shield with ever more elaborate gusts of wind no expression

with some intent and "bloodlust", Magneto could simple bend the Earth's magnetic fields just enough to let the solar radiations irradiate Storm, frying her on the spot.

or maybe wrap her in copper and other conductive metals whilst she summons lightning ... causing the lightning to strike her and fry her.

Storm's energy Manipulations/absorbtion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magneto's

None of the above would work. sad

llagrok
Storm's energy Manipulations/absorbtion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magneto's

Nonsense.

janus77

Magneto opens a black hole behind Storm.
it absorbs Storm.

bean_machine
it absorbs Storm.

LOL. I would love to see that.

llagrok
it absorbs Storm.

If we're lucky, it'll absorb black panther's current writer as well.

Swanky-Tuna

She's never done or defended any of that.

Metalmanx
Attention to 99.99% of Forum-posters:

Ahem.

"DO NOT FEED THE 2DAMN OR RUTGOG."

Doing so will forever brand you a douche/tool/jerkoff/etc. And no one wants that.

2damnloud
it absorbs Storm.

black hole does nothing. She can manipulate empty space, absorb millions of stars and planets and healed a reality.

Swanky-Tuna
black hole does nothing. She can manipulate empty space, absorb millions of stars and planets and healed a reality.
She's never done any of that, you're just twisting the captions.

You're getting really big time desperate at grasping for straws, cowboy.

janus77
Was Halle Berry a good Catwoman?
what do peeps think?

2damnloud
She's never done any of that, you're just twisting the captions.

You're getting really big time desperate at grasping for straws, cowboy.

Do we really need to go here???

She has done all of the above, it is CLEARLY stated. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Swanky-Tuna
Do we really need to go here???

She has done all of the above, it is CLEARLY stated. roll eyes (sarcastic)
It's only clear if you twist the words and ignore story and sentence structure. Stop stretching.

batdude123
Um... confused

Let's get one thing straight, if Magneto opened a black hole, she would get sucked in and crushed 1000000000000000000000000x over.

She has nothing to defend against that, among many, MANY other things he can do to her.

2damnloud
Um... confused

Let's get one thing straight, if Magneto opened a black hole, she would get sucked in and crushed 1000000000000000000000000x over.

She has nothing to defend against that, among many, MANY other things he can do to her.

The Galacic Core has either a bunch of black holes, or one a super massive Blackhole(I forget). Guess what Storm did eek!

sick @ Erik's ONE puny ass Black hole

Swanky-Tuna
The Galacic Core has either a bunch of black holes, or one a super massive Blackhole(I forget). Guess what Storm did eek!

sick @ Erik's ONE puny ass Black hole
How many of them was she standing on?

Metalmanx

All of them. Every black hole that was, is, and will be. no expression

Little known fact: She gave birth to them all.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Metalmanx

No no no you don't understand she literally is all of them.

Validus
laughing out loud

Metalmanx
No no no you don't understand she literally is all of them.

Exactly. It was basically asexual reproduction at its best!

And lamest. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
crazy

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Metalmanx

That's a tough vag.

Validus
That's a tough vag.
Poor T'Challa.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
Poor T'Challa.

Vibranium penis 313

2damnloud

Uhh standing on or absorbing??

Absorbing shows more power.

How many times has mags created a Black hole anyway???

Symmetric Chaos

How many times has Storm controlled the power of a million suns or repaired reality?

Metalmanx
How many times has Storm controlled the power of a million suns or repaired reality?

37, if I remember correctly.

No wait, 38. She's doing it again as we speak (type).

masterbruce

wait Magneto has controlled the power of a million suns???!!!

and people thought Thor could beat Magneto? Thor can't even control the power of 1 sun!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by masterbruce
wait Magneto has controlled the power of a million suns???!!!

and people thought Thor could beat Magneto? Thor can't even control the power of 1 sun!

I'm referencing feats that 2damn claims Storm can do easily (based on 1 showing for each and ignoring the fact that the first one killed her)

masterbruce
I'm referencing feats that 2damn claims Storm can do easily (based on 1 showing for each and ignoring the fact that the first one killed her)

even if Storm died, if she controlled the power of a MILLION suns, that is VERY VERY impressive...in the skyfather territory.

Surfer would barely control the power of ONE sun, let alone one MILLION.

Symmetric Chaos
even if Storm died, if she controlled the power of a MILLION suns, that is VERY VERY impressive...in the skyfather territory.

no expression

Its a feat she did only once
It contradicts everything else known about Storm
It killed her
2damn claims she can do it with ease during a fight

masterbruce
no expression

It killed her

my point is that even if it killed her, it's still a VERY IMPRESSIVE feat.

One sun has the energy of millions of nuclear bombs. Even controlling the power of JUST ONE sun would put you in very good company.

Symmetric Chaos
my point is that even if it killed her, it's still a VERY IMPRESSIVE feat.

One sun has the energy of millions of nuclear bombs. Even controlling the power of JUST ONE sun would put you in very good company.

Batman made Spectre bleed. That puts him in very good company (well over skyfather in fact).

I'm tired so good night.

masterbruce
Batman made Spectre bleed. That puts him in very good company (well over skyfather in fact).

I'm tired so good night.

goodnight

Swanky-Tuna
Uhh standing on or absorbing??

Absorbing shows more power.

I would say standing on one shows more power considering they bend space-time in their area of effect. I don't remember anything about absorbing anything into herself though.

Come to think of it, what the hell is the Galactic Core? I know you keep spouting it's a bunch of stars but what else? That entire Galactic Core feat is riddled with plot holes and impossibilities, even for silly comic book science.

Rutog98
I would say standing on one shows more power considering they bend space-time in their area of effect. I don't remember anything about absorbing anything into herself though.

Come to think of it, what the hell is the Galactic Core? I know you keep spouting it's a bunch of stars but what else? That entire Galactic Core feat is riddled with plot holes and impossibilities, even for silly comic book science.

She channeled the energy of that core through her body.

Look, Magneto working his powers directly on Storm and hurting her is pure PIS. She channels the energies he controls (as well as others) through her body at quantities he cannot even hope to approach at any given time. She can literally just throw the energy back at him he throws at her. All of his attacks from tearing somebody up to cutting off one's powers come from his sending his energies into the other character's body and manipulating the iron creatively. Won't work here.

His only realistic attack against her is to throw metal at her. She has plenty of ways to protect herself from this: 1) deflect the metal with her winds. 2) pressure dome 3) all of the above.

That said, at the same time, she can attack him. We know that her winds places a tremendous strain on his power to withstand. He will not be able to hurl anything with enough force to even hope to penetrate her pressure dome with his powers given the fact he will have to spare so much, if not all of his power to stand up to those winds she generates.

Storm's powers are much more versatile than Magneto's (please don't bring up the EM spectrum thing as he is certainly not impressive here. All of his impressive showing have been done with magnetism.) and she has many more ways to hurt him than he has to hurt her without PIS.

2damnloud

The center of any galaxy.

Swanky-Tuna
What a desperate attempt at credibility.

Magneto will choke her to no end with his hat and there's nothing she can do to prevent controlled materials from wrapping itself around her throat.

2damnloud
"We live in what scientists call a "typical giant spiral galaxy" that includes an estimated 100 billion stars (some scientists say three times that number), held together by a black hole. Clustered around this black hole is a massive bulge of stars, called the core. The core's current location, from the viewpoint of the Earth, is Sagittarius 26 degrees and 54 minutes. Mercury stationed retrograde Wednesday morning at Sagittarius 26 degrees and 43.4 arc minutes, a distance from the core of less than 11 arc minutes -- or less than one-sixth of a degree."

Rutog98
What a desperate attempt at credibility.

Magneto will choke her to no end with his hat and there's nothing she can do to prevent controlled materials from wrapping itself around her throat.

That hat is not getting through her pressure dome. Heck, maybe he tosses the hat, she takes control of it with her winds and bash him on the head with it so he knows what it feels like. big grin

Rutog98
no expression

It killed her

1) She did not die

2) She almost died because the stunt left her in deep space unprotected. It destroyed her space ship and she can only survive a few minutes in space unprotected.

3) It goes with everything we know about Storm and is now even included in her handbook entry. big grin

4) Storm could control cosmic forces from the get go. Her first Uncanny issue was 94. By Uncanny 99, she controlled the cosmic winds!

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Rutog98
That hat is not getting through her pressure dome. Heck, maybe he tosses the hat, she takes control of it with her winds and bash him on the head with it so he knows what it feels like. big grin
There's no evidence to suggest it won't get through her "pressure dome". That hat is going all the way, baby.

The center of any galaxy.
And she was supposed to of "absorbed" the whole thing into her?

phillipan

All great, and PLAUSIBLE ways for Magneto to win. He can and has done al these things.

For the record Magneto's energy output/manipulation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Storm no matter what you say wish and how much you twist events in comic books to support your dreams.

2damnloud

And she was supposed to of "absorbed" the whole thing into her?

Yep.

Actually it says she harnessed the full power of the Galactic Core.

It also showd her amazing gift of energy manipulation and control because those TITANIC energies didn't even make het EXPLODE.

Mags took nukes, Storm absorbed the whole galactic core, or lesser still and entire THUNDERSTORM which has the power of several HYDROGEN Bombs.

The nature of her powers are INBCREDIBLE.

The only reason Magneto is constantly doing AMAZINGLY intricate things with the EM spectrum is because.........well.........HE NEEDS TO. He's the villain. He has to be hard to fight, so he may manipulate your blood or your impulses or magnetise plastic. All of those things still are infantile compareD to what Storm is obviously capable of.

The reason why storm is not Manipulating those types of energies consistently is because it would look retarded in the dynamic of a TEAM. She would be a literal 3d human God-woman if she could just manipulate a star, cause it to collaspe causing a Black hole or just absorb it. What the eff do we need with the rest of them for???

I still want her upgraded though. eek!

All the above doesn't take away the fact that she can do it, and has manipulated space on a quantum roll eyes (sarcastic) scale.

"We live in what scientists call a "typical giant spiral galaxy" that includes an estimated 100 billion stars (some scientists say three times that number), held together by a black hole. Clustered around this black hole is a massive bulge of stars, called the core. The core's current location, from the viewpoint of the Earth, is Sagittarius 26 degrees and 54 minutes. Mercury stationed retrograde Wednesday morning at Sagittarius 26 degrees and 43.4 arc minutes, a distance from the core of less than 11 arc minutes -- or less than one-sixth of a degree."

2damnloud
Claremont even said in that interview that all we've seen storm is throw lightning and stuff, but she can do SOO much more.

Editors also play a MAJOR role in how characters are portrayed, whinny ass fans as wellroll eyes (sarcastic)

2damnloud
Claremont is on while I'm on. Im trying to get his attention so he can answer My question.

Symmetric Chaos
Editors also play a MAJOR role in how characters are portrayed, whinny ass fans as wellroll eyes (sarcastic)

If whinny ass fans effected how Storm was portrayed then she would have cleared the omniverse of all evil a long time ago.

2damnloud
Galactic superwaves are a recent discovery. During the early 60's astronomers began to realize that the massive object that forms the core of our Galaxy (the Milky Way), periodically becomes active.(9) The cores of all spiral galaxies cycle through a similar phase. During its active period, our galactic core spews out a fierce quasar-like barrages of cosmic rays, with a total energy output equal to hundreds of thousands of supernova explosions.(10, 11) In some galaxies these active emissions have been observed to equal the energy from billions of supernova explosions.

phillipan
STOP! Storm never manipulated anything on a quantum scale. You looked up the definition and saw it as a fitting explanation for one of her crazy showings. That is complete speculation.

The sad thing is you're actually confusing other people into believing false things.

2damnloud
The Radiation argument

INFRARED IMAGES OF THE GALACTIC CORE reveal more than two dozen compact sources of near-infrared radiation. The measurements, recorded by the New Technology Telescope (NTT) at the European Southern Observatory (ESO) at La Sill, Chile, also show an expanding bubble of gas centered about 3 arcseconds from Sgr A* (the galactic core). Like evidence at other wavelengths (e.g., radio and gamma), the infrared pictures are consistent with the existence of a massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way. (Nature, 6 Feb. 1992.)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>