Captain Atom vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Either way... I win. Happy Dance

Validus
Stalemate.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by batdude123

There is only one winner here, and that's...

The Hypnotoad!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/hypnotoad.gif

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Stalemate.

You honestly think so? erm

Evil_Ash
Magneto hasn't been able to beat the X-Men over the last 40 years.

Captain Atom 10/10

batdude123
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

Captain Atom 10/10

confused

nvrbeenwthagirl

Captain Atom 10/10

He pwned all of them and I mean all of them like 40 plus xmen and xteams at Illyana's funeral.

Evil_Ash
I mean killed them. He should easily be able to accomplish that.

With all his powers, it's just absurd how he can even be an X-Men villain...

nvrbeenwthagirl
I mean killed them. He should easily be able to accomplish that.

With all his powers, it's just absurd how he can even be an X-Men villain...
Nah, The Xmen are no slouch. And he doesn't want to kill them. That would be apoc who wants to kill them and only if they dont' join him. Magneto could have killed everyone anytime he got ready. Just spin the planet off the axis.

guy222

atom

Bentley
Come on Atom speed-blitzes.

Symmetric Chaos
Magneto

I've always viewed him as an EM manipulator rather than a pure energy projector who would play right into Atom's hands.

Originally posted by Bentley
Come on Atom speed-blitzes.

Shields prevent that.

Endless Mike
Captain Atom transmutes him or sends him through time or something

manorastroman
magneto. i've seen captain atom nearly die from a simple tomahawk missile to the face.

Redatom65
can magneto manipulate his skin erm That's all he'd have going for him, otherwise Magneto wouldn't win

Badabing
Magneto and Atom both die.

batdude123

Symmetric Chaos
And why exactly do you think that makes any difference? Energy is energy.

The Ray has electromagnetic powers like Magneto, and Atom was able to shut them off pretty damn easily.

http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jlav281069ny.jpg

I mean the Magneto isn't some idiot that will stand there and blast Atom with energy.

There is a difference between an energy blaster and an enegy manipulator. Mainly an energy manipulator has options other than shooting energy at Atom (which would make things worse).

batdude123
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I mean the Magneto isn't some idiot that will stand there and blast Atom with energy.

There is a difference between an energy blaster and an enegy manipulator. Mainly an energy manipulator has options other than shooting energy at Atom (which would make things worse).

You mean energy manipulators such as Hal Jordan? 313

http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomicsweekly630070fz.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
You mean energy manipulators such as Hal Jordan? 313

http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomicsweekly630070fz.jpg

mhm Hal was never very good

I could see Magneto at least pulling out a couple of wins. Intellect does count for something.

TricksterPriest
Frankly, I don't see how. erm If Atom can actually shut down or absorb all of magneto's powers, then he's got this in the bag. Besides, it's fairly obvious that Batdude is pulling for CA in this fight. If even he thinks CA can crush Magneto, then the outcome seems obvious. whistle

Batdude, can CA shut down the powers of, say, Dr. Polaris? If the answer is yes, then Magneto is screwed.

batdude123
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Frankly, I don't see how. erm If Atom can actually shut down or absorb all of magneto's powers, then he's got this in the bag. Besides, it's fairly obvious that Batdude is pulling for CA in this fight. If even he thinks CA can crush Magneto, then the outcome seems obvious. whistle

Batdude, can CA shut down the powers of, say, Dr. Polaris? If the answer is yes, then Magneto is screwed.

I didn't say he would crush Magneto.

Captain Atom's metal armor is something Magneto still has going for him. It could be Nathaniel's undoing.

xjudge
huc is class 100 FTW

TricksterPriest

Captain Atom's metal armor is something Magneto still has going for him. It could be Nathaniel's undoing.

didn't you say he could demagnetize the armor? blink Also, didn't you also say he could shut down Magneto's powers? Btw, can Captain Atom shut down Dr. Polaris?

and go to hell judge. Huc would get owned by either of these two. stick out tongue

batdude123
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
didn't you say he could demagnetize the armor? blink Also, didn't you also say he could shut down Magneto's powers? Btw, can Captain Atom shut down Dr. Polaris?

and go to hell judge. Huc would get owned by either of these two. stick out tongue

I said "I wouldn't put it pass Nathan to use the quantum field in order to demagnetize his armor or something like that." That doesn't translate to me saying that he can without a question. However, it is in the realm of possibility for him to do so, considering the quantum field is an entire universe filled with limitless energy of all types. And considering the crazy stuff he's done with it... erm

I said he could "possibly" shut off the electromagnetic energy in Maggie's body.

How the hell should I know if he can do that to Dr. Polaris? I don't even think they've faced each other in combat.

TricksterPriest
Ok ok. I was just asking. nosweat I asked about Polaris for comparison's sake. Since he seems to be the DC Magneto.

Redatom65

basically what I said

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.