Arcana Heart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Ashtar
I guess this is the future of fighting games, I think arc systems made this. It reminds me alot of melty blood with the whole "Anime Girls Fighting".

FeybAI0lD1o

K73SK
looks like the past

Skeets
Looks like a cheap Guilty Gear rip-off...

Eclipse_XII
Seems like there's nothing futuristic about that.

General Kaliero
Agreed with Skeets. Looks like Guilty Gear, only... not good.

InnerRise
If that's the future of fighting games, put me in a time capsule and call Doc Emmit Brown.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. this one has some personal peeves of mine...

-silly anime girls with squeaky voices
-squishy sparkle bubble nonsense

its like 2 steps from being a sailor moon fighting game

I heard rumblefish was a cool fighter.. but I never played it

Rumblefish :

Y07xHDWkGUA

Emperor Ashtar
It's a generic doujin fighter, I hate the fact this game gets more attention than Super DragonBall Z.

SaTsuJiN
just from seeing them, I'd much rather play Chou DBZ by a landslide

Maybe Arc should team up with capcom and SNK and make the ultimate fighting game >_<!... /sigh... yeah I know ....it'll never happen -_-;

StyleTime
I picked this game up a couple of days ago. Honestly guys, it's actually pretty good. I can see why it has garnered the attention it has. Those comparing this series to Guilty Gear must remember that Guilty Gear has had many more games on which to perfect its craft. Arcana Heart was extremely well balanced after only one game and a patch. How many Accent Cores has Guilty Gear needed to get there?

I'm a fan of Guilty Gear too, but give Arcana Heart a chance people.

SaTsuJiN
I played it as well just recently... I think its onto something good... but a few of the Arcanas are just way overpowered... lightning and time to name a couple... I think with some more 'patching'... arcana can be a mainstay.. atm I just think its a 'kill some time' fighter more than anything

StyleTime
We need more fighting game fans...

Did you like the combo system? The physics of the fighting is a little slower than that of Guilty Gear but that's not a bad thing. The homing cancel and air dashes allow characters who need it(Heart) to get damage without overpowering characters who already do big damage (Kira).

I've been seeing Arcana show up at events featuring games like Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and other big 2-d names so maybe it'll become a mainstay. I really hope it does as it is one of the more solid fighters of all the recent series. I think it needs a bigger push for it's console version though. It's easy for it to get recognized in Japanese arcades, but the arcade scene is virtually dead here in the states.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah.. I was actually considering picking up the US version since its only 30 bucks smile

Mr.Biscuits
My Arcade has AH2, which looks like fun.
I'm too lazy to try and learn it though...

Blax_Hydralisk
Satsu, is that Ky Kiske in your signature?

Mr.Biscuits
It is.

SaTsuJiN
Yus.. I actually like order-sol the most.... but I'm unskilled in the ways of pho'o'shoppe

Blax_Hydralisk
Bach. Ky's the coolio-ist.

Mr.Biscuits
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/Skeets_Sigs/Order-Sol-1.jpg

Made that a while ago.

StyleTime
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Yeah.. I was actually considering picking up the US version since its only 30 bucks smile
Yeah, it's a very nice price for a good fighter.
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
My Arcade has AH2, which looks like fun.
I'm too lazy to try and learn it though...
Lucky. The second game does seem like it will have a steeper learning curve though. So many things like the clash system have been expanded upon from what I gather.

Also, Slayer is cooler than Ky or Sol.

Mr.Biscuits
Arcana 2 has a new 5th button now, which handles all Arcana type attacks.
Plus 6 or so new characters.

SaTsuJiN
I hope they balanced the arcanas to make them 'all' good this time around

StyleTime
Well, some of the Arcana do seem to have some really powerful attributes(Bhanri, Gier), but I've seen pretty much all of them being used in high level play excluding Orichalkos. Certain ones just mesh better with certain characters. The Time Arcana goes well with Lilica but sucks with Heart. Right now, Lightning, Dark, and Time do seem to have a larger following than most of the others though.

Anyways, in the second game , the Arcana actually boost things like defense, homing regen, and attack. My guess is the ones boosting defense will be sought after, but it's impossible to know for sure until we know the properties of their attacks and changes to the overall fighting system. This could either really make high level play possible with any Arcana, or just completely overpower a select few.

Arcana - Attack - Defense (HP) - Homing Regen Rate
Holy +528 atk -1848 def 100% regen
Magnet +/- 0 atk +792 def 90% regen
Ice +264 atk -792 def 95% regen
Mirror -792 atk -792 def 105% regen
Punishment +1056 atk -1320 def 100% regen
Sin +/- 0 atk +528 def 80% regen
Love +/- 0 atk +/- 0 def 100% regen
Lightning +/- 0 atk -1320 def 95% regen
Time -528 atk -1320 def 35% regen
Plant +/- 0 atk -1848 def 100% regen
Earth -528 atk +1056 def 50% regen
Fire +792 atk -792 def 90% regen
Wind -528 atk -1584 def 110% regen
Dark(Gier) -264 atk -1056 def 80% regen
Poison +/- 0 atk -528 def 85% regen
Water -528 atk +/- 0 def 65% regen
Metal +528 atk +528 def 100% regen
Light(Halo) -528 atk -1584 def 105% regen

SaTsuJiN
Nice.. is it coming to consoles soon, or has it just hit the arcade scene?

lol the sword chick, my friend used her on me XD

9rUKuH5zhXs

I hope they gave heart some better options to close distance with.. it felt like once a long range fighter got a certain distance that it was really rough to turn the tide

<3 Aino

dcSPzgFTCbk

StyleTime
I think it'll be a while before Arcana Heart 2 hits the consoles. Even in Japan, it's still arcade only.

As for your Heart vs Fiona predicament, you just have to get over facing Fiona for the first several times. I think everyone runs into problems with her initially, but you'll see she doesn't have that much going for her. Even though this game is pretty balanced, Fiona and Yoriko are widely considered the bottom tier characters in the FULL version. Obviously, Fiona has nice raw damage output, but she seems a little too high risk/medium at best reward and doesn't pressure as well as other characters.

With Heart, you've got to master her instant air dash combos to get her full potential. She has insane combo ability and already deals good damage. I thought Heart was going to play like Ryu or Ken from Street Fighter due to some of her moves, but she is really quite different. Try mastering her instant air dashes and her various clash moves. That girl has some rediculous priority as well.

Here's a video help illustrate. Fiona takes the first round after a really close fight, but the rest of the fight is all Heart.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gQIzZANFbKs

StyleTime
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
ets not forget that epic boss fight. Hell Lucien is by far the hardest boss I've ever faced. Even more difficult than Mildred Avalon.
You mean this Mildred Avalon?

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/142/14247860/ARCANA-HEART_Mildred-Avalonboxart_160w.jpg

YXKAPE
Did someone say fan service? big grin

Kidding...looks fun for the most part.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by StyleTime
You mean this Mildred Avalon?

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/142/14247860/ARCANA-HEART_Mildred-Avalonboxart_160w.jpg

Please take that picture down. I have nightmares of fighting that extremely cheap broad. I had to use Lilica and show her the business. Mostly got lucky but in the end I won.

StyleTime
Yeah, Mildred was nigh-impossible when I first played, but she has a major weakness. She like...never blocks low. Do the standard 2a 2b 2c to air juggle and you can pretty much absolutely stomp her.

http://www.guardcrush.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You can check there for some combos and general strategy with each character.

Has anyone gone to any tournaments for this game yet? I've been to a couple so far and this game is just too much fun in competitive play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.