Not letting Easter Baskets in Public school good or bad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ADarksideJedi
Got this idea for this thread when I saw on CCN that a kid got in trouble when him and his mom decide to give the kids in the class easter baskets in school by the school distrant.
What do you guys think of this?I think that the school should had let him.It was not harming anybody.And even people who don't celebrate easter still gets a basket full with candy so how is this ok!
It is not like the kid gave out crosses or anything like that!Instead they took away a kid's freedom of speech!Jm mad

Schecter
explain to me wtf an easter basket has to do with the resurrection on christ and i'll rabble right along with you.

ADarksideJedi
It has nothing to do with it.I am just saying that the stupid school would not this kid bring any in because they said it has something to do with religon.Jm

Schecter
i know it has nothing to do with it. im just saying its difficult to feel enraged over an easter basket. its silly, yes...but really it has no impact on anything (besides making a community look downright silly)

ADarksideJedi
Which it does.All schools around the country does not do eggs painting or what ever because it offending people that is even more silly!Have we lost our freedom of speech and Religon?I would say we have!
Before you know it we will not be able to say anything at all!Jm

Schecter
that slope was more slippery than an eel in a bucket of snot blink

ADarksideJedi
Tell me what you are talking about tomorrow!Got to get some sleep!jm

Schecter
happy

pokey

King Nothing
If the principle says it's okay, then it should be.

Kinneary
Getting in trouble for a kid bringing it in on his own accord? No, he shouldn't get in trouble. Should the school sponsor it? No.

If a kid does something in accordance with his religion for his fellow students, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's when the school sponsors it that it becomes a problem.

Fishy
Originally posted by Kinneary
Getting in trouble for a kid bringing it in on his own accord? No, he shouldn't get in trouble. Should the school sponsor it? No.

If a kid does something in accordance with his religion for his fellow students, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's when the school sponsors it that it becomes a problem.

Even if the school sponsored it what would the problem be? They gave them a basket full of eggs...

Really trying to make that about religion is damned hard, unless your Southpark of course. The tradition is crap and people still get eggs. So I don't see the problem.

The Phantom
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Which it does.All schools around the country does not do eggs painting or what ever because it offending people that is even more silly!Have we lost our freedom of speech and Religon?I would say we have!
Before you know it we will not be able to say anything at all!Jm The last part of what you said might be a good thing...

But yea. Life's like a basket of easter eggs... umm.... Yea I'm going no where with this one. Anyway, yea it's stupid but really who cares much. If the school says no, fine. Guess what? Bell rings. Schools over. WHO WANTS BASKETS!?

ADarksideJedi
I want baskets!Anyway it was the school distrant that disargeed and try to ban it from public school not the headmaster!It is still taking away freedom of speech and that is what makes me mad.jm

Kinneary
Originally posted by Fishy
Even if the school sponsored it what would the problem be? They gave them a basket full of eggs...

Really trying to make that about religion is damned hard, unless your Southpark of course. The tradition is crap and people still get eggs. So I don't see the problem.
Because it's still a holiday centered around Christianity, and I don't think a school should sponsor it. Now, if individual students decide to partake in it, by all means.

Devil King
It is still taking away freedom of speech and that is what makes me mad.jm

That's crap. In this case, you are a Jew who thinks Easter is a fun time. For the rest of us grown ups, Easter was a fun childhood distraction that isn't honoured by any kid for the real reason it's celebrated. Since an easter basket has nothing to do with Jesus being resurrected, it's all well and good for the kids to have them.

chithappens
What the King said. By the way, do you mean Satan?

§P0oONY
Got this idea for this thread when I saw on CCN that a kid got in trouble when him and his mom decide to give the kids in the class easter baskets in school by the school distrant.
What do you guys think of this?I think that the school should had let him.It was not harming anybody.And even people who don't celebrate easter still gets a basket full with candy so how is this ok!
It is not like the kid gave out crosses or anything like that!Instead they took away a kid's freedom of speech!Jm mad
I don't see why not... Easter, like all public holidays have very little to do with religion nowadays; commercially anyway. Easter means bugger all to me in Christian sense, it's all about the hot cross buns, days off and chocolate.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Kinneary
Because it's still a holiday centered around Christianity, and I don't think a school should sponsor it. Now, if individual students decide to partake in it, by all means.

How is having an easter basket christian?It is just a basket loading with eggs and candy!It has nothing to do with what easter is all about.The easter bunny has nothing to do with it either.
Can you please exclaim to me what it has to do with Christianity?Thanks Spoony for argeeing with me!Jm smile

doan_m
Ummm.... just exactly how in the hell is an Easter basket detrimental to the Christian Religion I wonder?!?!?

The Phantom
Btw, Easter bunny now called Peter Rabbit in schools apparently.

BackFire
Anything filled with candy is okay by me.

ADarksideJedi
Me too!jm

FeceMan
when I saw on CCN

*Rubs his temples.*

CCN...

*Rubs his temples.*

J-Beowulf
Wow, awesome. First the banning of the word "God" from public places, the removal and often renaming of the Christmas tree (That's right folks, it's not a Holiday Tree... it's a freaking Christmas tree) and the banning of Christmas music in some places, and now this.

What other religions out there are treated like this? It's ridiculous.

ADarksideJedi
I think only the Cathloics are.It seen to be favoring(hope no on gets offended by this sorr if you do)go to the Jews Muslims and so on more then the church it's self.
BUt if you think of the movies and music out anyone can dump on the church and no one has a promblem.If you say something about the others everyone gets insulted and there is a big thing with it.How is this unfair?jm

FeceMan
What? That isn't even English.

Schecter
Originally posted by FeceMan
*Rubs his temples.*

CCN...

*Rubs his temples.*

i made it even farther than that! smart

all the way up to "distrant"....then i blacked out

forumcrew
its sad that this is actually an issue

ADarksideJedi
CNN is one news channel that actly covers alot of Dem news and offen called the liberal channel.Fox news is more Republicans.It is funny through I thought reports were not supose to take sides?jm

FeceMan
She gets funnier by the post.

ADarksideJedi
So do you!Why do you brother answearing any of my post if you are just going to put them down?jm

FeceMan
So do you!Why do you brother answearing any of my post if you are just going to put them down?jm
You cause me so much pain that I would do things to myself if it meant you wouldn't post anymore.

ADarksideJedi
I am not that bad.And I am going to keep on posting.If it brothers you so much you stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours!Promblems can be solve before they get worst you know.jm

Kinneary
How is having an easter basket christian?It is just a basket loading with eggs and candy!It has nothing to do with what easter is all about.The easter bunny has nothing to do with it either.
Can you please exclaim to me what it has to do with Christianity?Thanks Spoony for argeeing with me!Jm smile
Easter is a Christian holiday. Christianity inherited the eggs from the pagans, and which symbolizes the rebirth of christ, yadda yadda. It's a Christian holiday, and even if most kids don't associate easter baskets with them, that's not the point. They still are associated.

ADarksideJedi
Who or why would the school distant think of all of that?I am a christin and I have no idea what you are talkilng about?It is not like a kid is going to start saying well these eggs are so and so!I mean come on the kid was eight and hanicap.How stupid can these teachers be for God stake>?jm

Kinneary
It's about the subtle conditioning of children to a particular religion, whether they outright recognize that association or not is not the point. It's still there.

ADarksideJedi
But yet they do have stuff for jews people in public school and also muslims and so on so why not let alittle easter basket make the school distant look away?Jm

Kinneary
My school never sponsored any Jewish or Muslim holidays. If yours did, you need to bring it up with the school that it's inappropriate.

Darth Jello
see last week's south park

ADarksideJedi
I don't watch southpark.What happen in it?jm

botankus
Jackie, who hired you?

Schecter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

ADarksideJedi
This has nothing to do with hiring it has something to do with easter baskets not be allowed in school becaues the school distant is stupid.jm

Schecter
did the eater bunny leave you any candy JM? eek!

ADarksideJedi
Yes got some!jm

Alliance

The family is out of line because some kids get baskets and some kids don't.

Not an issue at all.

ADarksideJedi
What do you mean some kids don't get easter basket?Those are some who don't but the kids who do have it.A friend of mine is muslim and she gets a basket every year.JM

botankus
Originally posted by Schecter
did the eater bunny leave you any candy JM? eek!

Oh sh*t, not the Eater Bunny! *has grammatical nightmares*

ADarksideJedi
You have a fear of the easter bunny?Jm

Alliance
What do you mean some kids don't get easter basket?Those are some who don't but the kids who do have it.A friend of mine is muslim and she gets a basket every year.JM

If you could actually write a sentance...maybe I could answer. The only coherent sentance is the last one and that is totally irrelevant.

ADarksideJedi
IF you know how to read you would understand what I had put.jm

Alliance
haermm "What you had put?"

ADarksideJedi
Read it again!Just read it slowly.jm

Alliance
"Those are some who don't but the kids who do have it."

What does this mean?

ADarksideJedi
No comment!jm roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Alliance
My point exactly.

Try reading it slower.

ADarksideJedi
If you don't like what I say or argee then why do you brother to answear my threads?jm

Alliance
Because a thread is not a "praise the threadmaker lovefest." I have a right to diasagree...I even posted rational reasons, which went unaddressed, and you haven't rationally backed up your argument besides saying it is your unbased opinon.

ADarksideJedi
Yes that is true this is a open thread however.If you keep an open mind and not let things brother you so much you may learn and enjoy answearing.Got to get to work but be back later tonight!jm

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by doan_m
Ummm.... just exactly how in the hell is an Easter basket detrimental to the Christian Religion I wonder?!?!?

Go seek and findout!jm roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

debbiejo
Easter Bunny Thread ..........hysterical

It's actually a fertility day. Do you want some of that?

ADarksideJedi
Good one!Jmsleepy

debbiejo
You're so funny. I like you.

ADarksideJedi
You too!Do you mind if I add you to my siggy?jm

debbiejo
Not at all.

smile

ADarksideJedi
Cool thanks!So how was your easter?jm

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by FeceMan
You cause me so much pain that I would do things to myself if it meant you wouldn't post anymore.

Feceman, stop trolling! Ether answer the question in the thread or don't post anything at all. This personal attack on ADarksdeJedi is getting old, and tiresome, not to mention inapropriate, so don't do it agan.

ADarksideJedi
Thanks!jm

debbiejo
Cool thanks!So how was your easter?jm I did not get an Easter Basket. sad

ADarksideJedi
Oh I am sorry!(Handles her a chocolate bunny!)Here you go!Got to get to work.See you later!jm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.