Ebay experiences

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
well, for as popular as it is and for as many people that use it. I have heard many horror stories aswell as fortunes found for cheap. So, do any of you have stories that fall under these catagories? I have only ever bought from Ebay and was recently thinking about selling, but thought i would ask around on how easy it is to sell. Have any of you sold items on Ebay? If so is it easy, and is it worth it?
The best purchase i scored from ebay was a new luminox dive watch for 45$ normally retailed for 225$. Thats my fortunes found for cheap story. My friend scored a pair of juliet oakleys ($300) sunglasses for 89$

Cory Chaos
I make a living off of eBay. Incredibly easy to sell.

vandergirl
I love ebay, great finds, great deals only 1 bad experience with shipping taking forever, but nothing is perfect..nothing!

botankus
The Paypal charge sucks. But fortunately, there are only two ways that they can deduct from your winnings (Ebay and Paypal). In this day and age of service charges, etc..., I wouldn't be surprised if there were 20 charges that reduced your profit to about a nickel per item.

WrathfulDwarf
I've heard of cases in which people get a bad deal in their orders. Personally, I haven't had one yet. I also don't visit Ebay much.

ADarksideJedi
I use Amazon more then anything.Last time I got something on ebay i never got it in the mail.Never going back to that site again.jm

botankus
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I use Amazon more then anything.Last time I got something on ebay i never got it in the mail.Never going back to that site again.jm

Did you put in the right shipping address? (Valid Question)

Schecter
i've had decent luck with ebay. only thing that annoys me is their lack of quality control. i ordered what was advertised as a "dvd box set" and what i got was a vcd set. when i demanded my money back they didnt give me a problem, but this shit shouldnt be allowed in the first place.

botankus
^^ I can see that and have experienced that, too. There just may not be enough resources to do a 100% QC audit.

Schecter
even more annoying was that they put the actual dvd box set as the picture description. its not some rogue seller either, but rather a common and unchecked trend. just go to half.com and look up pretty much any anime series an you'll see.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Schecter
i've had decent luck with ebay. only thing that annoys me is their lack of quality control. i ordered what was advertised as a "dvd box set" and what i got was a vcd set. when i demanded my money back they didnt give me a problem, but this shit shouldnt be allowed in the first place.

yeah, people can be very deceptive on the item descriptions. I never order anything unless there is a picture and text verifying that i am getting what is shown in the picture.

True story. My friend bought marvel vs capcom2 for ps2 from ebay. Or atleast paid for something that he thought was marvel vs capcom2. The picture showcased the game. So he bought it for 60$ because it is a fairly rare game, however, when his package arrived it wasnt the game, but a memory card with all the unlockables from the game saved on it. Yep, he paid 60$ puls shipping for a memory card. lol

debbiejo
I use it. I like it. I'm addicted to it. cool

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by debbiejo
I use it. I like it. I'm addicted to it. cool

We're talking about eBay.

debbiejo
blink

silver_tears
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
We're talking about eBay.

crylaugh

Jokerinthedeck
I use it. I love it.

I haven't had any problems with it personally, but if your looking for an eBay story...

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by botankus
Did you put in the right shipping address? (Valid Question)

Yes I did.I hate ebay!I do like the song Ebay!Now that is a good song!jm laughing

debbiejo
I did learn one thing though. Don't punch in the wrong amount. Once I wanted to bid on something for $10.00 and accidentally punched in $100.00. Good thing the item only came to $16.00...Whew.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
well, for as popular as it is and for as many people that use it. I have heard many horror stories aswell as fortunes found for cheap. So, do any of you have stories that fall under these catagories? I have only ever bought from Ebay and was recently thinking about selling, but thought i would ask around on how easy it is to sell. Have any of you sold items on Ebay? If so is it easy, and is it worth it?
The best purchase i scored from ebay was a new luminox dive watch for 45$ normally retailed for 225$. Thats my fortunes found for cheap story. My friend scored a pair of juliet oakleys ($300) sunglasses for 89$

i use it at times, and i haven't had any bad experiences.

JKozzy
I've only used it when there were reputable sources and good deals.... I'm one for finding treasures.

AngryManatee
Yeah I always buy from users with great feedback. Cameras, games. I even got my newest off of ebay Happy Dance

ragesRemorse
how much does it usually cost to sell something on ebay?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.