I got a question about SW ep 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zhellblah
well... if darth plagues the wise made anakin by using the mitichloreons, and darth plagues is most obviously on the dark side, then why did anakin destroy the last of the sith in the last movie? why would darth plagues even create him with any chance of having any good in him at all?

sheastation
Anakin used common sense in destroying palpatine and If you remember in ep.3 palpatine said he killed him in his sleep maybe Darth Plaguis forsaw this and cretated Ani for the sole purpose of destroying palpatine...

zhellblah
well if plaguis forsaw this, then why didn't he use the miti-chloreons to destroy the emperor?

sheastation
Because he taught him every thing he knew so by then they were almost evenly matched and powerful, besides that was just a theroy

zhellblah
thanks for the input, and that is a nice theory

Tangible God
Originally posted by zhellblah
well... if darth plagues the wise made anakin by using the mitichloreons, and darth plagues is most obviously on the dark side, then why did anakin destroy the last of the sith in the last movie? why would darth plagues even create him with any chance of having any good in him at all? Since it's never been stated that Plagueis actually DID create Anakin...

And even if he did, who said Plagueis created him with the intention of him becoming the Chosen One?

Schecter
yes. plagueus could have created anakin to be his apprentice, planning on killing palpatine....assuming his did create him

queeq
When did Plagueis die anyway? We don't know anything about this, without possibly going into EU Sources.

Schecter
Originally posted by queeq
When did Plagueis die anyway? We don't know anything about this, without possibly going into EU Sources.

mad that post is EU bait! chair

queeq
evil face

sheastation
thanx zhellblah! and queeq has a point we really dont know when Plaguis was killed maybe palpatine thought he killed him but he was too powerful

queeq
Subtext-wise it's fair to ASSUME Palpy killed him. Which kinda makes the whole concept of a Sith-legend a lie then. Because.. what Sith would tell the story of Jedi would not? Only Palpy and he's not out spreading such Sith-inside news now...

MasterAshenVor
Here is what i belive. I belive if INFACT that Plaguis made Anikan Skywalker that he forsaw what Anakin would do..Destroy the Jedi but one fact that Plaguis did not count on would be his son..or on another note maby he made him for the SOUL purpose For killing ALL JEDI as a last resort and maby after palpatine killed plaguis he joined the Senate to become chancellor and....looks over his master's investment...

Schecter
has anyone picked up on the fact that this topic has nothing at all to do with ep6?

Tangible God
Have you picked up on the fact that we all need hugs?

Schecter
i wasnt aware that i needed a hug. where did you get this information? it better not be EU

sheastation
This Thread really should be called "I got a question, about Plaguis" The way its been going....

General G
Originally posted by Schecter
i wasnt aware that i needed a hug. where did you get this information? it better not be EU

I told you yesterday!!

General G
Originally posted by sheastation
This Thread really should be called "I got a question, about Plaguis" The way its been going....

Nope, that would be in the EU section then wink

sheastation
Exactly so relocate it

Schecter
Originally posted by General G
I told you yesterday!!

was that before of after i hit you with the chair?

queeq
has anyone picked up on the fact that this topic has nothing at all to do with ep6?

But it is about EPIII, so he did select the right forum. I say that's moving up in the world.

General G
was that before of after i hit you with the chair?

I can't remember anything before you hit me with the chair, so I would say before yes

queeq
Good call.

General G
I would say so.

Count Makashi
Who, did i miss a fight?

sheastation
not really....

queeq
Hit him with a chair.

Count Makashi
I can just dodge it, with my Jedi senses.

queeq
Not a chair.

Schecter
as you wish

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/starwarschair.gif

queeq
Bye Makashi.

General G
That was fast.ermm

sheastation
He may return though better get the mace

Count Makashi
he didn't even hit me, my Jedi senses alerted me of danger and i just avoided blows.

Schecter
*wakes makashi up with smelling salt*

ah good, you're alive *sigh of relief*
my bad...guess i overdid it blink

whistle

queeq
Salt?

General G
I never really noticed whether salt smelled bad or not...

Schecter
smelling salt is often used in sports to wake someone who was knocked unconscious, particularly in boxing.

:edit: dummies

General G
I always sucked at sports...

queeq
I knew that. Didn't know Makashi was a sport. wink

Count Makashi
I am the best figure skater in the world, pretty impressive, don't you think.

General G
Next to my inner child. He is great stick out tongue

Count Makashi
Next to my inner child. He is great stick out tongue

Whats his name?

sheastation
probably "inner child" smile

zhellblah
wow is it just me or has this thread gone insanely off-topic? so like, what you guys are saying is that plaguis never really DID create anakin, and it never says that? wow i must've gotten that info from some random person off the streets. But now i've got another question. if anakin was created by the will of the force, then why would the force allow him to throw the force off balance? why would he be created with such an easily-corrupted mind?

queeq
Good point.I don't think GL thought things through very well but on his defense:
1. It is never established where Anakin came from. Apparantly, there is the link with a divine virgin birth to bring salvation. Lucas uses that theme, but doesn't discuss it.
2. The prophecy is questioned even by the Jedi, its explanation in any case.
3. Maybe the has to be some purge to clean out the old and make way for the new. I think the Jedi suck big balls in the PT: they're blind an operate in a sluggish bureaucratic way and some of them are quite nasty (like Mace). Then there is the reported growing arrogance among Jedi. So a pretty cruel approach if this is true: for good things to happen, first very bad things must happen. Probably to make you realise you need salvation, if you didn't before.

General G
I kinda like that explanation...I can't think of anything contradictory...

queeq
No, it's more the feel that things are missing. That feel is correct.

zhellblah
thanks queeq. that's a good explanation. but i read in wookiepedia (star wars wiki) last night that anakin was either a. made by sidious (plaguis was dead decades before anakin was made) or b. anakin was made by the will of the force itself. either all of that is purely based on EU stuff, or GL said it somewhere

queeq
You are right: EU! So not here.

General G
For all we know, his mother could have been a huge **** and just was too embarassed to say "yeah, sorry, but I just can't remember which one it was, maybe Watto..."

zhellblah
omg, general g (lol rhymes) that was the WORST IMAGE EVER... thanks for that...

Count Makashi
The Jedi are not lame in the PT, they are great, the only thing that bothered me, was the scientific explanation of the Force.

General G
(auto quote)

I do my best. big grin

(auto quote)

I hated that explanation...and the Jedi were pretty lame...

Count Makashi
If the Jedi are lame, how much more lamer is GG.

General G
Damn, quotes didn't work...lets try again:

Originally posted by Count Makashi
The Jedi are not lame in the PT, they are great, the only thing that bothered me, was the scientific explanation of the Force.

I do my best big grin

(auto quote)

I do my best. big grin

(auto quote)

General G
If the Jedi are lame, how much more lamer is GG.

Not at all lame, pretty awesome if anything.

Damn quotes messed up again! mad

Count Makashi
The Jedi are much more cooler and better then GG.

General G
They aren't even in the same class as him, he is way above them.

Count Makashi
Right, thats way he has so much screen time.

General G
They didn't want to take away from what little coolness the Jedi had wink

Count Makashi
Because GG has none.

General G
That doesn't even make sense.

Count Makashi
It means GG isn't cool at all, see, your mentally challenged.

Schecter
is this for real? are you actually attacking and insulting him based on a fictional character or is this some kind of snappy inside dialogue between you two that im not up to speed with?

General G
Only not, because see, I will explain really simply so even you can understand: George Lucas did not want to put General Grievous in for too long, because he was just so awesome and cool, that Lucas knew that he couldn't have much screen time, or else he would steal the whole movie, and take away from people like Sidious, Vader, Mace, Yoda, and such.

Count Makashi
is this for real? are you actually attacking and insulting him based on a fictional character or is this some kind of snappy inside dialogue between you two that im not up to speed with?

Its for real roll eyes (sarcastic)

And General G, how do you know what GL wanted.

General G

Maybe shifty

Its for real roll eyes (sarcastic)

And General G, how do you know what GL wanted.

I know these things wink

Count Makashi
Your making stuff up, i know these things.

General G
Apaprently not if you didn't know that.

zhellblah
lol GG pwnt he shoulda ownt OB1 in a friggin heartbeat. did you see his opening move?! what with the blender of lightsabers? OB1 shoulda never even been able to stop that! the hand-slicing thing was just a ploy made by GL (completley making this part up) to make it so OB1 won and didn't get totally pwnt like he should have

Schecter
never underestimate a jedi master, or think that some cheep gimmick like mechanical twirly blades are enough to take him down...or die like GG evil face

zhellblah
pssssh it don't matter. GG shoulda pwnt... and you know it

Schecter
no. in fact obiwan should have taken him out quicker imho.
(ffs he tried kicking a droid limb)

GG fanboys so cling to the notion that obiwan got lucky.
when GG was approaching obiwan, you have to notice the he's
trying to figure out the way to penetrate GG's offense. and sure enough,
once he figured it out, 2 of GG's hands are GONE.

queeq
GG has no Force, so he doesn't see things before they happen. He never stood a chance.

General G
But it would have been pretty tough for OB1 to know where all four of Grievous's arms were going to be, that would take a lot of focus, and he was kind of busy blocking anything he could. And I will repeat was said:

pssssh it don't matter. GG shoulda pwnt... and you know it

Schecter
yeah sure, ok.

you're wrong

General G
Says you.

exanda kane
lol GG pwnt he shoulda ownt OB1 in a friggin heartbeat. did you see his opening move?! what with the blender of lightsabers? OB1 shoulda never even been able to stop that! the hand-slicing thing was just a ploy made by GL (completley making this part up) to make it so OB1 won and didn't get totally pwnt like he should have

What can I say? Greivous has style, no substance, like all the PT characters.

Schecter
Says you.

yeah, news flash: GG and dooku both died quickly and like bitches.

GG: OWNED

dooku: OWNED (for when 'frak' comes back)

*watches scenes again* yup, im right.

Nellis Munn
stupid

zhellblah
dooku: OWNED (for when 'frak' comes back)

dooku wasn't owned... he cut anakins arm off when he had 2 sabers and wounded obi-wan. he woulda killed them if yoda hadn't shown up... and dooku still got away from YODA.... so ye dooku didn't get owned

Schecter
dooku wasn't owned... he cut anakins arm off when he had 2 sabers and wounded obi-wan. he woulda killed them if yoda hadn't shown up... and dooku still got away from YODA.... so ye dooku didn't get owned

big deal, he beat up a padawan.
yeah, it was impressive that he cut down obiwan,
but anakin was just an impulsive puppy.
in ep3 dooku was manhandled and made into anakin's *****.
im sorry, but look at the hilight reel. that scene has "PWNED"
written all over it.

queeq
Hehehe

zhellblah
he still wasn't pwned... obi-wan still got knocked out in ROTS... and again obi1 woulda been killed if anakin wasnt a friggin beast

Count Makashi
Dooku is one of the greatest swordsman, that ever lived, just for the record.

General G
You can't really prove that.

queeq
I think the ROTS novel says something like that.

General G
EU though. Not everything that happened in the book hapenned in the movie.

Count Makashi
But it described Dookus character, why wouldn't that be true in the movies, it didn't contradict it, so its true.

zhellblah
But it described Dookus character, why wouldn't that be true in the movies, it didn't contradict it, so its true.

umm yea it did contradict it... WHEN ANAKIN USED HIS UBERPWNAGE SKILLES AND DECAPITATED HIM!!!

Count Makashi
Haha, thats because Anakin is so god, anyone in that position would louse to him.

General G
Especially Dooku.

zhellblah
Haha, thats because Anakin is so god, anyone in that position would louse to him.

except for obi-wan... who got... owned... twice... by... dooku... GAAAH CONTRADICTION (brain explodes)

queeq
EU though. Not everything that happened in the book hapenned in the movie.

No, the novelisations of the films are NOT EU!!! They are canon. So they count as much as the movies.

Tangible God
No, the novelisations of the films are NOT EU!!! They are canon. So they count as much as the movies. Does that only count for additional dialog and scenes? Cause a lot of places in the novelizations differ from the movie. Even if just slightly.

General G
Originally posted by Tangible God
Does that only count for additional dialog and scenes? Cause a lot of places in the novelizations differ from the movie. Even if just slightly.

Exactly, the books should be considered EU! What happens if one contradicts the other?

queeq
Then we call GL names.

Sorry folks, such are the rules. Films, novelisations of the films and radioplays are all canon. And yes, they contradict sometimes. Blame the maker.

General G
That's dumb...

Count Makashi
Its a contradiction only, when contradicts the movie, other stuff added is canon.

queeq
That's dumb...

Blame Lucas.

General G
I will get right on that. 131

Count Makashi
And you will lose, he is the creator of the universe.

queeq
The SW universe that is.

General G
Is there another?

queeq
Good call.

Count Makashi
There's also the ST universe.

queeq
He mentioned ST!!!!! mad

*starts filling out banning request form*

General G
Not cool Makashi, not cool. I could help with that if you like queeq.

queeq
Go ahead.

Schecter
*pulls pin* ST is far superior to SW *runs*

queeq
How brave.

General G
Bravery or stupidity? Do you think he can run fast enough to get away?

queeq
I've got six little friends and they can all run faster than he can.

Nellis Munn
laughing out loud ST wouldnt stand a chance against SW. *nod*

Count Makashi
While i do think SW is better, ST is also magnificent.

queeq
Sometimes.

DARTH DADDY
This whole line of questioning is worthless anyway because Palps was lying to Anikan just so he could turn him to the dark side. He only brought up bringing life from out of nothing so it would get Anikan to see that he needed Palp to save the one he loved, which Palps knew about him and Padme, so he could use this info to his advantage.

queeq
Palps doesn't lie a whole lot though... he kinda twists it a little bit and leaves a lot out. I don't think you'll find many lies in his words.

Tangible God
Technically, he didn't actually lie once in the films. He just told the parts of the truth that were convenient to him.

queeq
Exactly. Well, he did lie about knowing the way to cheat death.

General G
How do we know? Maybe he did know and just never shared it.

queeq
Well, I felt it was kinda weak towards Anakin. Because he turned to save Padme from certain death, he said he knew how. And when Anakin turned he suddenly said that only Plageuis knew... but that together they might find out. So that's a way to get the most powerful Jedi turned evil to turn on you, unless he was truthful as a father who doesn't know everything.

Alliance
Well, Palps seemed kind of busy at the time. I'm sure if all that crap was true (which we have no way of knowing) that Palps had a starting point. They just didn't get to it by the time ROTS ended.

queeq
Or by the time ROTJ ended.

General G
He probably hadn't thought of it by ROTJ.

Alliance
There was no one to keep alive, so why did it matter?

General G
Well, he already knew and mentioned that his wife had died, so they could have gone somewhere with that.

Alliance
Its to STOp people from dying, not bringing people back from the dead.

"I wish Maul hadn't died"

General G
True.

When and where was that said?

Alliance
It a spoof I saw of Episode 3. Palps says it to himself while Anakin is whining about sand.

General G
laughing out loud I could see that.

Tangible God
Exactly. Well, he did lie about knowing the way to cheat death. I don't think he ever said that HE knew.

queeq
Well, this is what he said.

PALPATINE: Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to know the dark side of the Force, Anakin, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death.

and..

PALPATINE: You have great wisdom, Anakin. Know the power of the dark side. The power to save Padme.

So he's very close to saying that his way is the way to save Padme. He doesn't actually say it as a fact, but when he says that together they may find out.... I feel that should have been enough of a cop out for Anakin to go beserk. He cut off Mace's hands for less.

Tangible God
Well, this is what he said.

PALPATINE: Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to know the dark side of the Force, Anakin, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death.

and..

PALPATINE: You have great wisdom, Anakin. Know the power of the dark side. The power to save Padme.

So he's very close to saying that his way is the way to save Padme. He doesn't actually say it as a fact, but when he says that together they may find out.... I feel that should have been enough of a cop out for Anakin to go beserk. He cut off Mace's hands for less. If Palps offered me a 7up, I would've done the same.

Well, he said only through him, but he never said he'd get it right away, or specified how long it would take. Close, but no Jesus Powers yet.

queeq
No. But the point is that Palpy clearly suggests he has the answers to Anakin's questions. And then he says he doesn't... in fact, taht Anakin has to figure it out with him.

Count Makashi
Or he was just lying.

queeq
That was the question. It's pretty close to lying to me.

General G
I think it was twisting the truth. Not lying, but not being honest.

Alliance
Anakin: LIAR!

queeq
Exactly.

General G
Solved then?

queeq
Yup. CLosing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.