Cody vs Guy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sonic x 20
These two great fighters are equal to each other, but when it comes down to a final battle that would show them giving it all they got on each other, which one of them do you think will win and why? Even though Cody was the hero of Metro City, that doesn't mean that Guy won't easily lose to him and Cody won't easily lose to Guy either. They each have plenty of tricks that they can pull off too. Make sure to vote!! Enjoy. cool cool

King Nothing
Guy seems stronger to me but this fight is a probably a draw.

brainchild81
Guy. Speed kills.

Sonic x 20
To me, I would probably have to say it's a draw. Not only does Cody have both an equal amount of power and speed and Guy has power and insane speed, but they both also have ways to take down the other though.

Sado22
shut your mouth, foo!mad
if that was the case why do you call slow poke Geese losing to "blinding speed" of Terry Bogard jobbing?

Cody pwns this guy like there is no tomorrow. he's the better fighter. why weren't guy and bulkboy unable to beat Belger. why was it cody? Cody for the win. oh and according to tiamat's ranks, Cody is higher than Guy. He's placed at Ken's level.

~Sado-sama

Sado22
Aw fack...i voted for Guy instead of Cody by mistake.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sado22

why weren't guy and bulkboy unable to beat Belger. why was it cody? Cody for the win.

Thats bullshit, But yet they let you toake out belgar with guy and mike hagger

Just as bad as some of the character endings for the MK games it says one thing for this and then totally something different for someone else.

Guy.......regardless what actually really happen in end of Final Fight.

Remulous
It's a draw to me, although if you includes Cody's bad knees now a days, I'd give it to Guy.

But in the end his knees got fixed so it can really go either way.

shin_remy
shut your mouth, foo!mad
if that was the case why do you call slow poke Geese losing to "blinding speed" of Terry Bogard jobbing?

Cody pwns this guy like there is no tomorrow. he's the better fighter. why weren't guy and bulkboy unable to beat Belger. why was it cody? Cody for the win. oh and according to tiamat's ranks, Cody is higher than Guy. He's placed at Ken's level.

~Sado-sama

BS

Cody and Guy are not placed on Ken's lvl. and Guy will win cause Guy is a bushin master. he defeated his own master and is more focused then Cody is

same as Ryu/Ken and Guy/Cody

and why starting involving geese with this?

it is a draw or Guy takes this

Remulous
Originally posted by shin_remy

and why starting involving geese with this?

laughing

Sonic x 20
Guy maybe a bushin master, but that doesn't mean that he'll easily take Cody down and Cody maybe a martial artist and street fighter, but that doesn't mean he'll easily take Guy down. They both are known to be equal, but have their own ways to take the other down.

Sado22
guy is bushin so what? it doesn't mean anything. its like saying Ryu beats Terry Bogard only because ryu is karate and terry is a brawler. when it came to fighting Cody has done a lot more than Guy. Cody was the one who beat belger not Guy.

too many typos...what are you trying to say?

~Sado

Sonic x 20
In the past, both Cody and Guy had their share of defeating the top best Mad Gear bosses. Guy maybe a bushin ninja and has insane speed and power, but that doesn't mean that he'll easily defeat Cody. Cody has a balance of both power and speed to his advantage and is even addicted to fighting, and you'll hardly see him give up so easily in a fight. He's even above an average Street Fighter too(the same with Guy as well). Guy won't give up either in a fight, but Cody is the one that loves every single thing about fighting and was thrown into jail because of it, and still broke out multiple times looking for more fights. Both Cody and Guy live for the fight though and their one of my top favorite Street Fighters, but I feel that this battle might be a draw.

Kazenji

too many typos...what are you trying to say?
~Sado

Too many ??

there's only one

and this is what i was trying to say and don't forget it was towards what you said about the official ending to final fight.

"Thats bullshit, But yet they let you take out belgar with guy and mike hagger"

Sado22
you are using 'but' and 'yet' in the same sentence and when that isn't bad enough you're using yet right after but. so don't blame me if i'm confused.
as for what you're saying...your point?

exactly. good point about the "addicted to fighting", sonic. smile

~Sado

Kazenji
you are using 'but' and 'yet' in the same sentence and when that isn't bad enough you're using yet right after but. so don't blame me if i'm confused.

Yea well i can't really help you there if you can't understand my english. So go back to planet piss.

What i'm getting at is its bullshit how that works, The official ending cody wins but yet they allow you to finish it with guy and hugger.

Remulous
I get it, and besides, Belger really isn't supper powerful any way, Any one of them can kick his ass. And to be honest Guy has fought stronger opponents then anyone Cody has ever faced.
But I still say Guy and Cody are equal.

Sonic x 20
Guy did fight very strong opponents like Rose for example, but in the Final Fight days, Cody was the one that defeated the toughest Mad Gear member Abigail on his own. All it took to get on Cody's bad side was a few insults that Abigail made to him about Jessica probably having a good time with Belger, then Cody just beat the crap out of him for it. I know it doesn't sound like much, but he did defeat him. Guy did fight more stronger fighters than Cody, but surely Cody has the possibilty of standing on his own against them too. Cody has a very strong will for fighting and even fights for fun here and there. I know that this is not canon, but in SFA3, Cody didn't even show no fear against Bison. All he wanted to do was just lay some blows on him. Guy won't show no fear against Bison either. I still say that this battle might be a draw, but just because one is a street fighter with balanced abilities and the other one is a bushin ninja with power and insane speed doesn't mean that they'll easily win over the other. It's how they are in battle that counts.

Emperor Ashtar
Why do people make belger seem as if he was actually a power in the Street Fighter/Final Fight Universe? It makes me laugh everytime someone brings up Cody & Guy beating Belger as a feat laughing

Sado22
well he was the final boss of the game, right?

did i mention the bad english? stop blaming me for your bad english.
by the way, stop being such an asstard. just cuz i disagree with you doesn't mean you and i are mortal enemies. grow up.

did guy really fight Rose? i don't think he did, it was just in game fight IMO. the point about abigail is true and Cody beat him solo.

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Kazenji
did i mention the bad english? stop blaming me for your bad english.
by the way, stop being such an asstard. just cuz i disagree with you doesn't mean you and i are mortal enemies. grow up.

And stop blaming me if your from another planet and can't read english.

Sado22
your grammer needs work, pansywink

Sonic x 20
I think Guy fought Rose, but I'm not sure. Guy did defeat Sodom on his own, and I think he defeated Rolento along with Mike Haggar and Cody defeated Abigail on his own too.

Emperor Ashtar
well he was the final boss of the game, right?

I don't think that means that much in terms of Fighting Power. Belger always struck me as the typical "weak boss who needs henchmen to back him up". Guy defeated Sodom in underground arena during the first Final Fight while Cody crushed Andore/Hugo back in the day (But he's much stronger now). Those fighters take much more priority in terms of feat status than Belger, Since they are one of the Strongest Street Fighters.

Are weapons allowed in this particular bout, because then things would be more intresting? smile

brainchild81
shut your mouth, foo!mad
if that was the case why do you call slow poke Geese losing to "blinding speed" of Terry Bogard jobbing?Terry has moves where he slides across the ground. That's it. I don't remember his reflexes/combo speed being all that fast compared to Geese. I really don't think too many people think "blinding speed" when it comes to Terry "Hogan" Bogard. It's usually "balanced" or "Powa". We don't seem to be getting anywhere because you don't seem to think jobbing exists & you think a hero that never loses = great storytelling. Seriously though. Let's try to keep the tiresome "Terry talk" in threads that actually involve him. This off topic stuff is getting us nowhere.
~Sado-sama Did Belger beat Guy up or something? What's this stuff about Cody beating Guy in Alpha 3

Sado22
oh looks who is back! smile
well brainboy, in FF2 prologue fliers they talk of Terry's blinding speed against Krauser's overwhelming power. not only is burnknuckle fast but so are his other moves like crackshot, powerdunk and even rising tackle. and i'm talking canonwise...not game wise, though he's pretty darn fast even in-game.
by the way I was just kidding..,i'm surprised you didn't get it sad

i was speculating that since in Cody's story mode he beats Guy, while Guy has doesn't even have an encounter with Cody. also in Cody's story, he saves Guy's @$$ from the dolls.

i personally don't think too highly of Sodomizer. but the fact that he has decent moves and is very skilled with his weapons does come into consideration.
however Cody beat up people like Abigail, Edi E (who has a gun) and a freak of nature like Hugo!
beating those three>beating Sodomizer IMO.

brainchild81
I gotta check out those endings.

P-Geyser
oh looks who is back! smile
well brainboy, in FF2 prologue fliers they talk of Terry's blinding speed against Krauser's overwhelming power. not only is burnknuckle fast but so are his other moves like crackshot, powerdunk and even rising tackle. and i'm talking canonwise...not game wise, though he's pretty darn fast even in-game.
by the way I was just kidding..,i'm surprised you didn't get it sad

Hey Sado glad to see you back. You are waisting your time trying to defend Terry. No matter what you say or proove, since he defeated Geese, he will be considered jobbing or Geese jobbed to him around these parts.

brainchild81
Let's try to stay on topic blood broseph. Terry talk belongs in Terry threads. He said he was kidding anyway. Let it die mane

Remulous
Looks like this whole Terry thing is a sensitive subject...
Anyway I still think Guy and Cody are even and Cody has never beaten Guy before either.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Remulous
Looks like this whole Terry thing is a sensitive subject...smile My blood bro is always sensitive when it comes to Terry. I just don't wanna talk about him here. These are 2 of my all-time favorites 'cause they walk around the street & f**k mofos up like it's their mission in life. There's plenty of Terry-related threads where people can criticize or praise him
Originally posted by Remulous
Anyway I still think Guy and Cody are even and Cody has never beaten Guy before either. I think Guy may be slightly better. When he gets up close where he can get full extension on his punches & Cody can't, he's gonna stretch him

P-Geyser
Originally posted by brainchild81
Let's try to stay on topic blood broseph. Terry talk belongs in Terry threads. He said he was kidding anyway. Let it die mane

Agreed....it is getting tiresome.

Sonic x 20
Yeah, Cody and Guy are able to use their weapons in this battle and the abilities that they have now. I'm still not sure which one will win though, but it's a great battle no doubt. cool cool

Emperor Ashtar
Well, if cody is allowed weapons than this match becomes even better. Cody is an expert at knife fighting as said in his history.Guy doesn't seem to be skilled in a partivular weapon. So, this might change the odds, but in my heart this is truly a draw.

Emperor Ashtar
zGH351kEMbA

shin_remy
haha OMG

-ugly art
-RAAAAAAAAAAAJUUUUUUUUUUU, WTF, it is RIEEJUUU
-Ken is funny, i always like to see Ryu and Ken together. Cody is a heathead..

that cartoon sucks, but i never saw that serie. i always wanted to see it, how crap it even is.

are there more on youtube ?

Emperor Ashtar
MOAcSc81CG8

shin_remy
what a fighter is that cody roll eyes (sarcastic) ughem laughing

Sado22
trust me shinremy, you don't wanna see 'em. remulus and me still wake up at night sometimes because of nightmares.....*sob*
the pain! the PAIN!!!!

this episode was funny though.

~Sado

brainchild81
Originally posted by shin_remy
haha OMG

-ugly art
-RAAAAAAAAAAAJUUUUUUUUUUU, WTF, it is RIEEJUUU
-Ken is funny, i always like to see Ryu and Ken together. Cody is a heathead..

that cartoon sucks, but i never saw that serie. i always wanted to see it, how crap it even is. laughing It looks Oscar worthy compared to this. SF Korea

Emperor Ashtar
Only good Street Fighter live action vids

OrUv7WpAx-8

bsRR45lNoZ8

NDqJY60Xw30

Emperor Ashtar
PyCTMkl9dwo

The actors name is RYO >___<

olympian
Final Figth Cody is cleary the superior.

Alpha series Guy may be the better, since he overtrew his master by then and Cody has been spending time in the jaillard land for some time before he bolted.

Sonic x 20
I think while Cody was in jail at the time, he learned how to fight alot more dirty, but he has improved alot just like Guy has and they still were equal to each other in the SFA series.

olympian
Yeah, im not really saying he just sat on his arse.

But the feeling i get from the Alpha series, is that Guy shines more and looks to been improved, while Cody not as much. Altho he did learned to figth dirtier.

Its not even a case of liking one over another, i like both equally.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by olympian
Yeah, im not really saying he just sat on his arse.

But the feeling i get from the Alpha series, is that Guy shines more and looks to been improved, while Cody not as much. Altho he did learned to figth dirtier.

Its not even a case of liking one over another, i like both equally.

I feel it's vice versa, Cody's arc was much bigger than guy's.

olympian
He certainly devolopded the best character of the two.

Sonic x 20
I like both Cody and Guy equally as well. They both have developed in their own way. Guy improved alot from his training and defeating his master while Cody improved as he continued to fight after the events of Final Fight from fighting alot(thanks to his addiction to fighting) and learned a few new and dirtier tricks while he was in jail. I think that's how it went, but they still remian equal to each other either way.

MegaAlpha6
I personally think Cody would win, for those of you saying guy is a master in the arts of bushin, cody isnt a slouch himself. Cody is a fighting prodigy, he specilizes in using knives, he is a 5th degree black belt in karate (halfway to grandmaster, and for those wondering what 5th degree is, it means he went from white to black belt 5 times each time adding his own moves making it better), he is an expert boxer so being up close is great for cody, and cody has been doing martial arts since he was 9yrs old. In Street Fighter Alpha 3's Arcade Mode, after defeating Guy, Cody concludes that "some things never change", most likely referencing one (or more) of his and Guy's past duels in which, judging by this quote, he held the upper hand. Cody is also heard saying a similar sentence in SSF4 while dealing the final blow to Guy during their rival match Cody states "This feels familiar, don't it?". Also whatever cody lacks in speed he more than makes up for in strength, Cody's not JUST strong he is EXTREMLEY strong, he broke out of jail by breaking a wall down in one blow with his fist. Not only this but Cody has become so strong that he chooses to wear handcuffs as shown in street fighter alpha 3, one of his taunts being that he takes his handcuffs off, Cody keeps his handcuffs on though so that his opponents have a fighting chance.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Sonic x 20
I like both Cody and Guy equally as well. They both have developed in their own way. Guy improved alot from his training and defeating his master while Cody improved as he continued to fight after the events of Final Fight from fighting alot(thanks to his addiction to fighting) and learned a few new and dirtier tricks while he was in jail. I think that's how it went, but they still remain equal to each other either way.

Couldn't have wrote it better myself. Cody is a personal top 5 Alpha fav.
But favoritism aside both are equals.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.