History, fact or fiction?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
Has anyone seen this video, or knows someone who has? What do you think of it?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7418506301612689316

"Chronology is the basis of history; Human evolution has always been linear, gradual and irreversible; The "cyclic" nature of human civilization is a myth, likewise all the gaps, duplicates, "dark ages" and "renaissances" that we know from consensual history are fantasy and hoax; The accumulation of geographical knowledge as reflected in cartography is a gradual and irreversible process; The closer in time is a given manuscript to the events described the less distortions it contains; There is no "useless" information in authentic ancient sources"

inimalist
obvious pseudoscience

however, a new set of memes that I'm sure we will come across again and again...

chithappens
The fact that men who win wars can say whatever leaves it open for possibility

Alliance

A lovely combo of both!

However, that video is capital-C-R-A-P

inimalist
Originally posted by chithappens
The fact that men who win wars can say whatever leaves it open for possibility

did you watch the google video?

It is something saying that human civilization only has been around for 1000 years...

I agree that much of history, even the way we interpret some of the most important events, will be shaped by those who wrote it at the time.

However, I think that is much more academic of a topic than the initial post laughing out loud

chithappens
Originally posted by inimalist
did you watch the google video?

It is something saying that human civilization only has been around for 1000 years...

I agree that much of history, even the way we interpret some of the most important events, will be shaped by those who wrote it at the time.

However, I think that is much more academic of a topic than the initial post laughing out loud

Didn't watch the video. Likely stupid. Be the premise is very possible

inimalist
absolutely

The way we envision the "barbaric hordes" that felled Rome is probably a good example of this...

Schecter
"History, fact or fiction?"

a fitting punctuation to all this recent dimwittery

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Schecter
"History, fact or fiction?"

a fitting punctuation to all this recent dimwittery

offering a positive response, thanks!

ragesRemorse
carbe dating seems to disporve that theory. It would be impossible to make up 1000 years. What about the asian cultures, did they make up a 1000 years aswell?

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
carbe dating seems to disporve that theory. It would be impossible to make up 1000 years. What about the asian cultures, did they make up a 1000 years aswell?

well, in the video, he talks about his theory of "ancient" Chinese culture, never heard someone state things that way, not going to make fun of it, but it's just different.

he certainly clashes with the gnostics, who believe in these cycles.

ragesRemorse
i still say, convincing the entire world to pretend that they lived an additional 1000 years just to fukwith future generations is impposible. Some scientists are still unsure whether or the BC dating is not long enough in accuracy.

Czarina_Czarina
i still say, convincing the entire world to pretend that they lived an additional 1000 years just to fukwith future generations is impposible. Some scientists are still unsure whether or the BC dating is not long enough in accuracy.

i know embarrasment

ragesRemorse
conspiracy theories are fun. You should research a book called dead mens secrets and the 12th planet if your into that stuff. The 12th planet is pretty heavy

chithappens
12 th planet explains what?

Tangible God
12 th planet explains what? It's about a huge government conspiracy. Apparently, Pluto IS a planet, but so is our moon, Io, and one of Mars'. Or does that make 13?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Tangible God
It's about a huge government conspiracy. Apparently, Pluto IS a planet, but so is our moon, Io, and one of Mars'. Or does that make 13?

sort of. the book doesnt say that the moon is a planet or anything about pluto.

essentially we, humns are results of an experiement from another race of people....sort of. It is very complex and speaks alot about other religouns, it's kind of hard to paraphrase it into a sentence of explantion...conspiracy shit, but not exaclty a governmental cover up

Speaks alot about religoun actually. The author believes that chirst had revealed himself to 11 other areas around the universe and we were the only race to kill him. Asks questions why tehre is a zodiac sign on the floor of the vatican and all.

Czarina_Czarina
conspiracy theories are fun. You should research a book called dead mens secrets and the 12th planet if your into that stuff. The 12th planet is pretty heavy

i agree. i find conspiracy theories as fun as a good action venture. they do cause you to ask questions, and that's what i like, i enjoy the fact that someone thinks they discovered something, and, maybe they have, don't know, but they put a lot of work in their thoughts and with the right music and video, it reads just like a good movie.

Deano
most of it fiction.

we hear some truth but most of it is binding by lies.

for example...in 100 years time, will people be readin history books that says bin laden was responsible for the twin towers attacks. anyone with a brain knows thats bullshit and theres more to it than that. but they drilling that bullshit into our heads to accept it. and in the future i hope it is not in the history books. because thats another notch on the bed post of ignorance.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Deano
most of it fiction.

for example...in 100 years time, will people be readin history books that says bin laden was responsible for the twin towers attacks. anyone with a brain knows thats bullshit and theres more to it than that. but they drilling that bullshit into our heads to accept it. and in the future i hope it is not in the history books. because thats another notch on the bed post of ignorance.

yeah, but this Russian mathematician is stating that the entire history of mankind is a farce, wowa, and that "ancient" discoveries are not really that old, so, he has some explaining to do, esp. when it comes to carbon dating, and he has done an about face to gnostic or eastern thoughts on cyclical aspect of life, this guy is arguing that time is linear and not cyclical, which is a strong division b/c eastern and western thought (the other strong division is in the seperation b/t negative and positve, as eastern thoughts seem to cicle it around, and western thought seems to hold these two as seperate entities).

Robtard
sort of. the book doesnt say that the moon is a planet or anything about pluto.

essentially we, humns are results of an experiement from another race of people....sort of. It is very complex and speaks alot about other religouns, it's kind of hard to paraphrase it into a sentence of explantion...conspiracy shit, but not exaclty a governmental cover up

Speaks alot about religoun actually. The author believes that chirst had revealed himself to 11 other areas around the universe and we were the only race to kill him. Asks questions why tehre is a zodiac sign on the floor of the vatican and all.

You're talking about Zitchin right? Dude is just another hack trying to sell books.

Robtard
Originally posted by Deano
most of it fiction.

Do you have proof that most of it is fiction?

Robtard
Originally posted by Alliance

A lovely combo of both!

However, that video is capital-C-R-A-P

Bingo!

Schecter
this needs to be flushed...i mean....moved to the conspiracy forum

chillmeistergen
If only czarina's account was history.......

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
If only czarina's account was history.......

you are so positive! i see how you can't disagree with someone without wanting to out them, very good, it shows your character.

and this isn't about a gov't conspiracy, i talked about the argument about time (linear vs nonlinear), let's deal with the components of what the man is talking about, not just call him a someone who is a conspirator.

SaTsuJiN
I dont think someone could perform a forgery of history this vast...however I'm sure there are a few cases in which this can apply to be true.. but theres no way in hell 100% of history has been tampered with, or "fictionalized"

chithappens
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I dont think someone could perform a forgery of history this vast...however I'm sure there are a few cases in which this can apply to be true.. but theres no way in hell 100% of history has been tampered with, or "fictionalized"

I don't see why not. Depends on what you mean by 100 %, or better put when the tampering began.

We were not around.

Robtard
I don't see why not. Depends on what you mean by 100 %, or better put when the tampering began.

We were not around.

I think he means it relating to human history only being around 1,000 years old.

chithappens
Oh, well that is not likely but it is possible. History is "his story" after all and I have seen instances in which history is skewed towards the winner on an army, for example.

Robtard
Oh, well that is not likely but it is possible. History is "his story" after all and I have seen instances in which history is skewed towards the winner on an army, for example.

I am aware of the saying 'He who wins that battle writes the history book' ; that is besides the point though.

We're not talking about military victories, we're talking about the ENTIRE history of humans and it supposedly only being around 1,000 years old. Dark ages, Roman Empire (start to finish), Macedonian Empire, Egyptian Empire, Babylonian Empire etc. etc. etc. all B.S. or skewed to fit in a very small timeline?

SaTsuJiN
so are we talking about history being rewritten?.. or just flat out non-existant?

I know my japanese friend told me that the subject of 'japanese bombing pearl harbor' wasnt even in his history text book.

chithappens
so are we talking about history being rewritten?.. or just flat out non-existant?

That's what I'm trying to figure out

SaTsuJiN
well.. they said the dark ages didnt exist... but I've read that monasteries (which later became the colleges / universities we know today) opening their doors to the ignorant is what ended the dark age.... the switching between leaders (who didnt know how to lead) is what caused it

Robtard

I know my japanese friend told me that the subject of 'japanese bombing pearl harbor' wasnt even in his history text book.

The guy/book claims that human history is only 1,000 years (or so) old, so I would think he means what we know/are taught today is a flat out lie/non-existant.

Just another conspiracy @sshole without a foundation basing everything on speculation and trying to sell a book I think.

chithappens
Oh lord, that is such a broad topic you hit, but that's a quick paraphrasing of what you could say "phased out" the Dark Ages.

Before the Dark Ages are discussions are about random empires all about Europe and Crusades and all sorts of stuff that was considered Barbarian (including Pagan beliefs and the such).

Before then, mostly royalty were the only ones to be allowed education.

Asia is the same to some extent before this time and Africa always had a weird flux regarding education. Do we want to discuss this here or the History forum?

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Robtard
We're not talking about military victories, we're talking about the ENTIRE history of humans and it supposedly only being around 1,000 years old. Dark ages, Roman Empire (start to finish), Macedonian Empire, Egyptian Empire, Babylonian Empire etc. etc. etc. all B.S. or skewed to fit in a very small timeline?

Yup, that's pretty wild.

Robtard
Oh lord, that is such a broad topic you hit, but that's a quick paraphrasing of what you could say "phased out" the Dark Ages.

Before the Dark Ages are discussions are about random empires all about Europe and Crusades and all sorts of stuff that was considered Barbarian (including Pagan beliefs and the such).

Before then, mostly royalty were the only ones to be allowed education.

Asia is the same to some extent before this time and Africa always had a weird flux regarding education. Do we want to discuss this here or the History forum?

No, that wouldn't cover what that topic claims. The Dark Ages lasted from around 480-1000 A.D (C.E.). We're talking about the entire human history going back (thousands and thousands of years) from around 1,000 A.D. (C.E.) being totally B.S. and/or scrunched into a very small time-line; that sounds ludicrous.

*Am I missunderstanding what the topic claims?

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Robtard
No, that wouldn't cover what that topic claims. The Dark Ages lasted from around 480-1000 A.D (C.E.). We're talking about the entire human history going back (thousands and thousands of years) from around 1,000 A.D. (C.E.) being totally B.S. and/or scrunched into a very small time-line; that sounds ludicrous.

*Am I missunderstanding what the topic claims?

You understand the claim, I wanted to know if people believe his claim that time is linear instead of nonlinear, which goes against most gnostic or Eastern faith and philosophy.

Lord Shadow Z
I think factual information is presented in history classes and books its just our minds have to fill in what we can't possibly experience.

Its our imagination that makes it almost seem like fiction because the way people lived and how civilisations were formed is completely lost to us so we can't experience it and see it as reality.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.