Why did George Lucas think it was a good idea to put in the story that...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
...Anakin built C-3PO as a child?

sithsaber408
To rape your childhood.

Schecter
Originally posted by sithsaber408
To rape your childhood.

i dont know if you were being funny...but...correct. george lucas has decided to make a living by raping the inner child of every one of his older fans

General G
Sadly...I have to agree.

Count Makashi
Neeeeee, it didn't bother me, i was never to found of C3PO, don't rely care for him.

exanda kane
To bring back all the family back together; a Star Wars film without C3PO would mean no C3PO merchandise, meaning less cash for George.

I've just tried not to think about the fact Anakin built him, and it hardly bothers me considering how little I watch the prequels. C3PO is only entertaining with Han anyway.

chinabing
Originally posted by exanda kane
To bring back all the family back together; a Star Wars film without C3PO would mean no C3PO merchandise, meaning less cash for George.

I've just tried not to think about the fact Anakin built him, and it hardly bothers me considering how little I watch the prequels. C3PO is only entertaining with Han anyway.
What 3PO merchandise, they hardly did anything with 3PO. A few action figs, but nothing like Vader. 3PO is no merchandizing juggernaut.

I like the fact 3PO was built by Anakin, to help his mom.

exanda kane
Yes, I was being over cynical and unreallistic. Yet it still means no questions of "Where is C3PO in this movie?" when TPM hit. Imagine if the PT had neither R2 or C3PO? Could have happened.

Schecter
not only is it ridiculous, but notice how anakin managed to build a droid that looks exactly like every other protocol droid.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Schecter
i dont know if you were being funny...but...correct. george lucas has decided to make a living by raping the inner child of every one of his older fans

I was. Being funny. stick out tongue

My childhood was filled with the OT. It's still got it's cherry. Weird, no?

Guess it's because I went to the PT hoping to see whatever was in store from new StarWars films, and not what I hoped, dreamed, planned would be there.

not only is it ridiculous, but notice how anakin managed to build a droid that looks exactly like every other protocol droid.

He uses the model of every other droid, ya know?

Doubltess he's see a few here and there in the junk shops/ pod races in Mos Espa.

Makes sense that he'd base his design off of what's already out there.

As to whether or not it's logical that he COULD have built him at 9 years old....

stick out tongue

Schecter
ridiculous. anakin builds from spare parts obviously. if not he's an uninventive idiot if he actually welded and formed every part when he could have easily sifted through the trash for the exact same parts. likely 3p0 was REbuilt. at least that makes perfect sense, doesnt it?

sithsaber408
^^^Agreed.

That makes far more sense.

Is it specifically stated in the films or by Lucas that Anakin actually built him from scratch, or just that he's putting him together?

queeq
Prolly.

Ganner Rhysode
Putting him together and from spare parts, I thought for sure.

In either case, C-3PO and Vader never see each other in all of the original trilogy, so it's fine.

queeq
Yeah, that was clever.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Putting him together and from spare parts, I thought for sure.

In either case, C-3PO and Vader never see each other in all of the original trilogy, so it's fine.

Lies! stick out tongue

The two are together in ESB, when the carbonite chamber is used on Han. C-3PO's strapped to Chewie's back and rather talkative.

Vader never acknowledges Threepio, but obviously they do see each other there.

overlord
C3PO just happens to be a funny translation robot who went with the droid who got the death star blue prints of Leia. 30 years later Lucas decides to add that Darth Vader himself build that translation robot and the other droid just happens to be a war hero of before the clone wars.

All Star Wars fans must have said: "Wow, that's amazing. What an incredible story!"
And I agree, it is not credible that everyone in the movies is family of each other in a way or two while the SW universe is supposed to be.. a UNIVERSE!

Get some imagination, it's science fiction. Not everything needs to be explained or connected.

queeq
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Lies! stick out tongue

The two are together in ESB, when the carbonite chamber is used on Han. C-3PO's strapped to Chewie's back and rather talkative.

Vader never acknowledges Threepio, but obviously they do see each other there.

But they don't meet. He still looks like any protocol droid after all.

On the other hand, I doubt Vader never saw a report on the passengers of the Falcon in ESB. Or those captured.

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Not only is he able to say "Luke I am your father", he can put on a camp voice akin to C3PO and say "3PO I am your father".

queeq
Vader: "OB1 never told you what happened to your Maker"
3PO: "I am a protocol droid and not very good at philosophical issues."
Vader: "No... IIIIII am your Maker..."
3PO: "Goodness gracious me."

sithsaber408
^^^ L laughing out loud L Z!

chinabing
There are probably a lot of kits to make-yer-own protocol droids, at home in your spare time. You can get 'em at Galaxies r us.

queeq
I bet Anakin went there with Baby Greedo.

overlord
Yeah, that's another thing. The bounty hunter who found Han Solo and got killed by him also just happens to be a childhood friend of Darth Vader.
For some reason I get the feeling that there are just 7 planets in the SW universe with just two or three small villages on them and everyone knows each other.

Superguy
The Rodian in TPM isn't Greedo... it's just a Rodian kid...

lord xyz
To rape your childhood. You really areu a sad lonely man aren't you?

Schecter
stop being a cross-forum pecker

sithsaber408
stop being a cross-forum pecker

Don't bother with him.Originally posted by lord xyz
You really areu a sad lonely man aren't you? Actually I'm rather handsome, and happy with family and friends.

But... If I were to say yes, would that make you happy?

Would your penis jump a little in your pants, hmm?

Probably, because then people who think like I do would fit into the little box in your head that you've placed us all in.

Fraid it doesn't work that way mate. As I'm learning, you've got to take people for who they are, regardless of what that does to your pre-concieved notions.

You can PM me if you wish to take this further.

As for the topic, it does seem a little contrite for GL to have made everything THAT easy, doesn't it?

I would have preferred 3-PO to have been Padme's droid, and already on the ship, like R2 was.

Would've made more sense that they were always a pair.

Schecter
Don't bother with him.

but you just did.

...and dont get all mushy, im not sticking up for you.
im just sick of this cross forum flame baiting. the clown needs to be dealt with

Alliance

Maybe OT fans shouldn't bee such children?

I find this funny, because many b*tch about how to OT movies were "kids movies". Either you have an inner child that appreciated the PT, or our inner child is dead and you hated it...so someone is lying.

sithsaber408
but you just did.

...and dont get all mushy, im not sticking up for you.
im just sick of this cross forum flame baiting. the clown needs to be dealt with

Agreed.

And don't worry, I wasn't for a second thinking that you might stoop to seeing me in a good light. stick out tongue

I told you not to bother with him because I had some choice words for him to consider.

Anyways, how bout them clones?

Schecter
Originally posted by Alliance
Maybe OT fans shouldn't bee such children?

I find this funny, because many b*tch about how to OT movies were "kids movies". Either you have an inner child that appreciated the PT, or our inner child is dead and you hated it...so someone is lying.

i was using melodrama as comedy. in fact i dont feel sexually assaulted by george luces. happy? you always so good at prying the truth out of people? ever considered a career in criminal justice?

Schecter

I told you not to bother with him because I had some choice words for him to consider.

'choice words' as in your life's story? stick out tongue

MadMel
Originally posted by Superguy
The Rodian in TPM isn't Greedo... it's just a Rodian kid...
nope, its greedo, didnt you see the deleted scene in ptm???
one of the older rodians said something along the lines of
"one day your going to get in trouble greedo"

Alliance
The rodian is Greedo.

queeq
Originally posted by overlord
Yeah, that's another thing. The bounty hunter who found Han Solo and got killed by him also just happens to be a childhood friend of Darth Vader.
For some reason I get the feeling that there are just 7 planets in the SW universe with just two or three small villages on them and everyone knows each other.

Yeah, I made that point before and them someone replied that the PT made the universe so much bigger. Well, it did planet-wise, but not relationshipwise. Suddenly everyone knowns each other.

Chewie is close to Yoda, and his buddies get killed by Boba Identicals. Yoda knows OB1 and Anakin and trains Luke. Han gets Chewie as his buddy. R2 flew both with Luke and his dad, 3PO was made by Anakin. Leia is Luke's sister. Vader is Luke's dad. Grievous came from teh same factory as Vader's iron lung. The Ewoks were failed Wookiee clones, the Kaminoans dumped on Endor after Yoda ordered it and heard the news of the failure while fighting Sidious (that's why he said he failed), Dooku is Qui-Gon's master, who was Ob1's master, who trained Anakin and Luke...

I bet the Wampa is Chewie's banished albino brother.

Nellis Munn
Not to metion the lars family in PT and how they had 3PO and then in ANH they got 3PO back, that confused me a bit... its a small universe after all.... blink

steverules
No one likes a kid that acts all smart, thats what George was aiming for with Ani so the hate would shift of Jar Jar...the plan failed

queeq
Originally posted by Nellis Munn
Not to metion the lars family in PT and how they had 3PO and then in ANH they got 3PO back, that confused me a bit... its a small universe after all.... blink

Yeah, but.. no, but, yeah, but, no but... but 3PO had no gold shiny plates on or nothing when the Larses hadst him or something or nuthin.

chinabing
I loved it that there's all this inter-relatedness. It kind of reinforces the relationships which are at the heart of Star Wars. It enhanced my enjoyment of the movies.

queeq
A bit too much in my opinion.

exanda kane
I agree with Queeq here, of course, general movie goers will hardly raise an eyebrow. You really have to look at the world from a Clerks point of view, when Randal says that the manpower required to build the second death star would have been huge, and the Rebel Alliance blowing both up was a form of mass homicide. It's really silly and contrived; but you have to mill over the details.

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
Yeah, but.. no, but, yeah, but, no but... but 3PO had no gold shiny plates on or nothing when the Larses hadst him or something or nuthin.

His incessant "Hello. I am C-3PO, human-cyborg relations." Didn't give it away?

queeq
I guess Owen got some sand in his brain.

overlord
Originally posted by chinabing
I loved it that there's all this inter-relatedness. It kind of reinforces the relationships which are at the heart of Star Wars. It enhanced my enjoyment of the movies. Yeah, I'm sure you love how small the SW universe is.. didn't expect much contributing of your part.

queeq
Ouch... nasty.

Alliance
*pokes*

queeq
Is this thread going anywhere or shall I close it?

Thorinn
Close.....eek!

Alliance
Originally posted by Thorinn
Close.....eek!

queeq
Suppose that's it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.