Superman vs Nova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ethereal
Can the current Nova w/ full access to the Nova force + having the Xandarian Overmind in his helmet, be enough to take out Superman?

2. both then bloodlusted

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6687/supermancv224tt9.jpg

VS

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0701/15/nova1.jpg

guy222
Originally posted by Ethereal
Can the current Nova w/ full access to the Nova force + having the Xandarian Overmind in his helmet, be enough to take out Superman?

2. both then bloodlusted

VS

nova

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by guy222
nova

Gets hurt really badly.

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Gets hurt really badly.

Ok stick out tongue

Ethereal
Gets hurt really badly.

...care to explain?

Nova, same power as he had now, was wrecking Firelord.

nvrbeenwthagirl
...care to explain?

Superman would wreck Firelord that much quicker. Nova isn't as fast, nor as experienced and has no feats to suggest that he is as tuff or strong as Superman.

Ethereal
Superman would wreck Firelord that much quicker. Nova isn't as fast, nor as experienced and has no feats to suggest that he is as tuff or strong as Superman.

Aegis and Tenebrous doesn't have nearly the feats as Superman does today. However, does that mean we could conceivably conclude that Supes would go down? Yes. Just an example.

About the experience, you're right. But Nova has the Xandarian World-mind like I said, and is processing/analyzing info at above computer like speed.

Nova beat Annihilus, who beat Quasar like he was nothing, and one-shotted Phyla-Quasar. Nova also got hit with the same Galactus blast that Annihilus did, and Nova protected himself, as well as Phyla and Peter and were pretty much fine. Iron Man also said Nova's power is off the scales in the first Nova issue, and then back in the day, with the same power he has now, he beat Firelord's ass all over the place. And Garthaan Saal, who had the EXACT same power as current Nova, was holding his own against the FF, Avengers, and various others including Thor, Wonder Man, Quasar, and Firelord all at once. (Yeah Thor, who arguable some say can beat Supes)

Were not talking regular Nova here. Nova 6-7/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Aegis and Tenebrous doesn't have nearly the feats as Superman does today. However, does that mean we could conceivably conclude that Supes would go down? Yes. Just an example.

About the experience, you're right. But Nova has the Xandarian World-mind like I said, and is processing/analyzing info at above computer like speed.

Nova beat Annihilus, who beat Quasar like he was nothing, and one-shotted Phyla-Quasar. Nova also got hit with the same Galactus blast that Annihilus did, and Nova protected himself, as well as Phyla and Peter and were pretty much fine. Iron Man also said Nova's power is off the scales in the first Nova issue, and then back in the day, with the same power he has now, he beat Firelord's ass all over the place. And Garthaan Saal, who had the EXACT same power as current Nova, was holding his own against the FF, Avengers, and various others including Thor, Wonder Man, Quasar, and Firelord all at once. (Yeah Thor, who arguable some say can beat Supes)

Were not talking regular Nova here. Nova 6-7/10.

I have the issues with Garthan Sal. Superman isn't exactly regular either. When he takes his mental blocks off, he can do pretty much the same stuff.

Ethereal
I have the issues with Garthan Sal. Superman isn't exactly regular either. When he takes his mental blocks off, he can do pretty much the same stuff.

I meant one scenario not bloodlusted, and one match bloodlusted.

in bloodlusted I think it is more in Supes favor...

Validus
...care to explain?

When?

Not that I think wrecking Firelord proves anything as far a fight with Superman goes but that would be still be the most impressive thing he's done post power up.

Mider999
wonder if nova corps is comparable to GL corps. Beating quasar is not a small feat, those bands are really strong, he hanged with thanos with the IG for a short time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mider999
wonder if nova corps is comparable to GL corps. Beating quasar is not a small feat, those bands are really strong, he hanged with thanos with the IG for a short time.

In THe canon JLA Avengers, WW broke the Constructs quite Easily.

Galan007
Supes

ragesRemorse
christopher reeves

UniOmni
If JLA/Avengers is canon, didn't Wondy break Kyles shields as well?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
If JLA/Avengers is canon, didn't Wondy break Kyles shields as well?

Dont member, but she is Wonder Woman isn't she?

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
I dispute Nova has full access he certainly doesn' seem as powerful as Supernova or the Sphinx when he had the Xandarian Worldminds knowledge in Fantastic Four and faced Galactus.

Validus
Dont member, but she is Wonder Woman isn't she?
He's referring to Wonder Man and all he did was crack Kyle's basic shield.

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by Validus
He's referring to Wonder Man and all he did was crack Kyle's basic shield.

I ignored that post as I didn't think it was worth replying to stick out tongue

Acrosurge
Dont member, but she is Wonder Woman isn't she? Or would that be Avenger's Wonder Man?

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Or would that be Avenger's Wonder Man?

It's been dealt with

Acrosurge
Originally posted by zozo_yoyo_xoxo
It's been dealt with Yeah, I'm a Quicksilver typist in a board full of Flashes. *sigh*

Quite a feat for Wonder Man, though. I wouldn't have thought he could even crack a GL shield.

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Yeah, I'm a Quicksilver typist in a board full of Flashes. *sigh*

Quite a feat for Wonder Man, though. I wouldn't have thought he could even crack a GL shield.

It was just the standard one. I still say his best feat is surviving being pushed through a planetoid and out the other side.

guy222
It was just the standard one. I still say his best feat is surviving being pushe through a planetoid and out the other side.

Makkari>Quicksilver big grin Nova still wins

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Makkari>Quicksilver big grin Nova still wins

We were discussing Wonderman at that point.

Ethereal
well back to the vs. imo nova has the potential to take out superman(and btw PIS off). It's just the lack of feats and experience for nova's part, that take away from his effectiveness, the xandarian worldmind computer i wager could compensate for most of that. Either way, Im interest to see what he does in the new series.

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
well back to the vs. imo nova has the potential to take out superman(and btw PIS off). It's just the lack of feats and experience for nova's part, that take away from his effectiveness, the xandarian worldmind computer i wager could compensate for most of that. Either way, Im interest to see what he does in the new series.

He doesn't seem on the Supernova level though and he should be. Remember when he beat the Avengers including Thor and Quasar. If I remember rightly Firelord was present, long, long ago.

guy222
We were discussing Wonderman at that point.

I know that

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
I know that

Well O.K. then!

guy222
Well O.K. then!

Good Wondy threads on smile

darthgoober
I thought that you considered Nova to be more powerful than the likes of Surfer, BRB and Red Shift, and actually about as powerful as the Infinity Man? How is it that you now consider him to be far inferior to Supes?

Ethereal
Originally posted by darthgoober
I thought that you considered Nova to be more powerful than the likes of Surfer, BRB and Red Shift, and actually about as powerful as the Infinity Man? How is it that you now consider him to be far inferior to Supes?

Sure he didn't mean Nova--as in the herald?

nvrbeenwthagirl

I didnt say far inferior. But he doesn't have the showings that Superman recently has added. Also, There is this funny thing about the net. You run into comics that could be very old that you had no idea about. You see new scans with new feats from characters all the time. Opinions are a shifting paradigm that are influenced by information. Information is always coming. Which means I used to think Thanos was stronger than Superman, but now I don't know. Very iffy.

darthgoober
Sure he didn't mean Nova--as in the herald?
Nope he meant Richard.
This is from his "Marvel Cosmics Vs. DC cosmics " thread(he had Silver Surfer, RedShift, BRB, and Nova( with the nova force vs Wave Rider, Infinity Man, Auron, and Kilowog)

DS does fear IM doesn't he? This is why he erased him. Of course it's all speculative. I consider IM to be somewhere under skyfather. But there is some reason DS was fearful of him. He could be, but , it hasn't been shown. I know that when SuperNOva had the World Mind, he was much beyond any herald. SO as it stands, Infinityman is my Answer to Nova with the entire world mind. SO I still dont' see how this is spite when Nova with the ENTIRE world mine is the most powerful of his team.
The OP says the entire world mind. The entire world mind was able to ressurect all of the nova corps in the Nova series. Super Nova in the New Warriors was vastly more powerful than any herald. So NOva with the WorldMind was over kill to begin with.
Nova has to contain the World mind. He doesn't let it out. have you been reading? If he were to cut lose, he would creme any herald. Stop trying to trip me up. Nova with the Entire world mind, in this KMC FORUM rules would operate to full capacity. Thus making it over kill. Now please find something better to do than police my Mind. I have my own mind and I can deduct things the way I see fit.. Or would you be happy if I just went with the flow and though like you wanted me to?
Your so silly it's rediculous. when ever I get you together, you just go and insult and say silly shit like spite thread. It hasn't been closed, obvioulsy it's not. Nova with the ENTIRE world mind is beyond any herald. And you know i'm right, you are very obvious, I dont see you policing others on thier threads at all. Go find all the savage hulk threads now and tell them the hulk would likely figh this own team.

Ethereal
Nope he meant Richard.
This is from his "Marvel Cosmics Vs. DC cosmics " thread(he had Silver Surfer, RedShift, BRB, and Nova( with the nova force vs Wave Rider, Infinity Man, Auron, and Kilowog)

laughing out loud Nice dig up goob.

I guess now since he said Superman can beat Nova, Supes is way above Surfer embarrasment ~logic~

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing out loud Nice dig up goob.

I guess now since he said Superman can beat Nova, Supes is way above Surfer embarrasment ~logic~

YOu guys are very silly if you think someone's opinion is supposed to be set in stone. Pulling old statements up from the very distant past isn't anyway to prove a point. It's silly, moronic and not very good debating tactics at all. I also hadn't seen what nova could do himself at that point. I was going off of what the Super Nova was able to do. Which isn't something Current nova has shown. Now chew bricks.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nope he meant Richard.

YOur tactics as always are child like. You can't hold opinions against someone forever. Especially in this age of information and constant changes in the comic book hiarchy. You pulling info means nothing if you don't know what i had read at that point, what I have been reading or finding, or how I formulate my CURRENT opinions. Try harder. You really just look like you have nothing better to do.you Remember what I say months ago when I myself don't becuz i have moved on and formulated new opininions. It shows how much of a life you have if you can think that much of me to go digging that far back. Try and keep up. Things Change. Opinions change. Do you think of Bush what you thought of him 5 months ago? 2 years ago? Exactly. Try harder to get a life and worry about your own statements. Mine are constantly evolving as I find out more info.

Ethereal
You guys are very silly if you think someone's opinion is supposed to be set in stone. Pulling old statements up from the very distant past isn't anyway to prove a point. It's silly, moronic and not very good debating tactics at all. I also hadn't seen what nova could do himself at that point. I was going off of what the Super Nova was able to do. Which isn't something Current nova has shown. Now chew bricks.

Well, it does not in any way prove Nova can beat Supes at all, and I didn't know when you posted it; but I did just find it really funny.

Debate aside smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well, it does not in any way prove Nova can beat Supes at all, and I didn't know when you posted it; but I did just find it really funny.

Debate aside smile
It's old. I don't even remember when I posted it. At that point, I dont' even think I saw Nova use the power. I was going off of what I remember the Super Nova Guy doing in the New Warriors Arc. Nova hasn't shown that lvl of power yet. That Super Nova Guy was also insane.

darthgoober
YOu guys are very silly if you think someone's opinion is supposed to be set in stone. Pulling old statements up from the very distant past isn't anyway to prove a point. It's silly, moronic and not very good debating tactics at all. I also hadn't seen what nova could do himself at that point. I was going off of what the Super Nova was able to do. Which isn't something Current nova has shown. Now chew bricks.
But you seem to be forgetting that I actually pointed out that Nova hadn't done anything to warrant your claims that he was above any herald...
What did Nova do that puts him way beyond any Herald?
The OP says the entire world mind. The entire world mind was able to ressurect all of the nova corps in the Nova series. Super Nova in the New Warriors was vastly more powerful than any herald. So NOva with the WorldMind was over kill to begin with.
What has Nova done PERSONALLY that puts him way beyond any herald? The amount of power that he has the POTENTIAL to show is irrelevant.
One must go by the OP. If someone says Superman has the Quantum bands, I can't go hmm, What has superman doen personally with the quantum bands. I have to go hmm, what has the quantum bands been able to do. Since it's a hypothetical. Nice try. I have to go by what I have seen the world mind do with another nova force wielder.
Doesn't Nova HAVE the World Mind? Cause if he does it's not hypothetical, it's factual. And being factual, what has he actually accomplished that puts him as far above heralds as your making him out to be?
Nova has to contain the World mind. He doesn't let it out. have you been reading? If he were to cut lose, he would creme any herald. Stop trying to trip me up. Nova with the Entire world mind, in this KMC FORUM rules would operate to full capacity. Thus making it over kill. Now please find something better to do than police my Mind. I have my own mind and I can deduct things the way I see fit.. Or would you be happy if I just went with the flow and though like you wanted me to?

And the thing is, it's not your opinion of how powerful Nova is that's really changed, it's what's acceptable in GAUGING that power. Back then(when you where trying to say that your thread wasn't spite), it was ok to go off of speculation and other people's feats so that he seemed uber powerful. NOW on the other hand, it HAS to be based off of what's been shown from him, so I'm just wondering why your opinion has changed in regards to what can be considered evidence for a character.

LORDSIDIOUS01

2. both then bloodlusted

VS

Kal-El goes down badly to the man called Richard Rider

llagrok
Nova can handle Gamora in bed.

There is no way Supes takes him down.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But you seem to be forgetting that I actually pointed out that Nova hadn't done anything to warrant your claims that he was above any herald...

And the thing is, it's not your opinion of how powerful Nova is that's really changed, it's what's acceptable in GAUGING that power. Back then(when you where trying to say that your thread wasn't spite), it was ok to go off of speculation and other people's feats so that he seemed uber powerful. NOW on the other hand, it HAS to be based off of what's been shown from him, so I'm just wondering why your opinion has changed in regards to what can be considered evidence for a character. Um it's called learning the forum. I used to argue off of what could be. Now I argue off of what is.

Tazer
Yo.

Nova beat Annihilus, who beat Quasar like he was nothing, and one-shotted Phyla-Quasar.

to recap: Nova was on his knees against Anni, but then Phyla jumped in and removed the QBs from him, and THEN she got blasted away even while wearing them.

Nova then took advantage of the bug being drained, and ripped its innards out.

so in short: it was a combo effort which took out Annihilus, and Nova wouldve gotten dat azz beat were it not for it.

Nova also got hit with the same Galactus blast that Annihilus did, and Nova protected himself, as well as Phyla and Peter and were pretty much fine.

just to be clear: Anni did the same (protect himself from Galactus' blast that is).

Nova *can* beat Supes, but not by a great margin atm.

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.