Possible cure for diabetes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article1637528.ece

Alliance
"Last edited by lord xyz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00 AM"

haermm

debbiejo
many times diabetes can be cured with a change in diet too.

chithappens
Originally posted by debbiejo

just stop...

Lana

Um, no. Not at all.

Type 2 and rarely very mild cases of Type 1 diabetes can be kept under control by a change in diet, but it will not cure it.

debbiejo
Ok.......I didn't read the article..

I've known people that have cured cancer with a raw diet.

Lana
Diabetes is not cancer. Not even close.

And you don't really 'cure' cancer either, you go into remission. Quite a difference there.

chithappens

WTF r u talking about

debbiejo
Well of course but those who would be in remission for at least 5 years say the word cured. And also, once they went back to their unhealthy eating habits the cancer returned.

silver_tears
That's encouraging, kind of like the possible cure for cancer research results.

inimalist
Well of course but those who would be in remission for at least 5 years say the word cured. And also, once they went back to their unhealthy eating habits the cancer returned.

thats not completely unbelievable

but you have to remember that all cancer is different, and the vast majority have very little to do with diet

My mother is a Type 1 diabetic. If there was a chance she no longer had to take 4-5 injections a day, thats unbelievable. If I were American I'd be very upset that it was the British leading the way on this research.

siriuswriter
What does it matter who's leading the research as long as it's being done?

inimalist
Originally posted by siriuswriter
What does it matter who's leading the research as long as it's being done?

in this specific instance the reason Britain is ahead of America is because of the stem cell issues the American government has.

Maybe I am just nostalgic for a day when a nation took pride in the accomplishments of it's scientific community.

((The_Anomaly))
Who gives a damn who its being done by. Britain can cure Diabetes, the US can cure heart disease, and Canada can cure cancer, I doubt if anyone would care so long as they're cured.

inimalist
Originally posted by inimalist

Maybe I am just nostalgic for a day when a nation took pride in the accomplishments of it's scientific community.

Burnt Pancakes
We're curing heart disease? I thought liek half of American deatsh were from Heart Disease confused

inimalist
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
We're curing heart disease? I thought liek half of American deatsh were from Heart Disease confused

wink

Canada doesn't have a cure for cancer either

Schecter

FAIL

((The_Anomaly))
I was being more facetious then anything else. Canada doesn't have a cure for cancer and the US doesn't have one for heart disease lol.

Schecter
occurances of diabetes can certainly be lowered if everyone followed proper diets, yet like with all diseases, sometimes you just get it without asking for it.

inimalist
Thats the major difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes

In type 2, often it can simply be the result of too much sugar in one's diet for the pancreas to properly deal with. Diet in that case CAN "cure" diabetes, if only because it was self inflicted in the first place (and is thusly normally attached to obesity).

But ya, type 1 is not curable with diet, and probably the majority of type 2 cases. In these cases diet has to be changed, but not to cure the individual, but to prevent them from dying. For instance, my mom cannot eat sugar. This is so she does not die.

Darth_Erebus2
The medical establishment doesn't want to cure diabetes, cancer, hepititis, etc, etc. They make far too much money "treating" these diseases to cure them.

AngryManatee
in this specific instance the reason Britain is ahead of America is because of the stem cell issues the American government has.

I agree with you on this. America used to be at the forefront of scienticfic advancement. Now even China's ahead of us in stem cell research.

chithappens
Because there is too much money to be lost in a cure actually being found. China has plenty of herbal remedies that would alleviate some of the illnesses prevalent in America.

The drug industry is great!

AngryManatee
Originally posted by chithappens
Because there is too much money to be lost in a cure actually being found. China has plenty of herbal remedies that would alleviate some of the illnesses prevalent in America.

The drug industry is great!

Which herbz cure diabetes?

chithappens
I'm not sure there is a herbal cure for diabetes. That's why I said alleviate, but I guarantee you that it is much cheaper than the drugs they make us pay for here.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Schecter
FAIL WRONG, IT DOES. I've worked for a "Wellness Center", where they had many stories of a change of diet. Most people don't want to change their diets. It is mainly a 80% raw veggie, fruit and juicing diet with NO refined sugars or carbs, only complex carbs. Of course this diet you must drink 8 or more glasses or water, exercise, and get at least 20 mins of sun light a day. Proteins come from plants but you need a vit. B supplement. It's quite painful when you get on this diet because your body is detoxing, but after that period, it helped many many people, myself included for an under active thyroid that I was told I would never get off my meds for. I cured it in 3 weeks. I've at least 6 years of blood work to prove it and my doctor was surpised when I told him how I did it. There are many links to this way of curing yourself with living foods.

Living foods help a living body.
Dead foods don't, in fact they cause problems and depending on those certain junk crap people eat WILL give a person diabetes.

NO animal products at all.

Robtard
WRONG, IT DOES. I've worked for a "Wellness Center", where they had many stories of a change of diet. Most people don't want to change their diets. It is mainly a 80% raw veggie, fruit and juicing diet with NO refined sugars or carbs, only complex carbs. Of course this diet you must drink 8 or more glasses or water, exercise, and get at least 20 mins of sun light a day. Proteins come from plants but you need a vit. B supplement. It's quite painful when you get on this diet because your body is detoxing, but after that period, it helped many many people, myself included for an under active thyroid that I was told I would never get off my meds for. I cured it in 3 weeks. I've at least 6 years of blood work to prove it and my doctor was surpised when I told him how I did it. There are many links to this way of curing yourself with living food.

Living foods help a living body.
Dead foods don't, in fact they cause problems and depending on those certain junk crap people eat WILL give a person diabetes.

NO animal products at all.

Neo-Vegan pseudoscience...

debbiejo
Originally posted by Robtard
Neo-Vegan pseudoscience... If it work, then it works.

Everyone has a choice to be heathy or not. I'm not twisting anyones arm, I'm just sharing.

Yep, big buisness.

Robtard
If it work, then it works.

Everyone has a choice to be heathy or not. I'm not twisting anyones arm, I'm just sharing.

Yep, big buisness.

Having a well balanced healthy diet which includes plenty of fruits and vegetables is one thing, but this miracle cure you speak of is B.S.

debbiejo
I'm not going to debate ANYONE on it. I know it works and anyone who would rather pay medical bills instead of trying something that is cheap and works is an idiot. If you don't want to at least try it then fine, go to the doctor sell your soul to the drug companies. I don't ever need to take antiboitics. How about you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course I'm not so ridged anymore, but if I start getting sick, then I jump right back on there.

A person isn't losing anything by giving it a try. Some people are just to lazy and dependant on doctors.

-hh-

I've known people that have cured cancer with a raw diet. i think you mean cancer can be treated, not cured.

debbiejo
after 5 years it's called cured according to the medical profession.

Robtard
I'm not going to debate ANYONE on it. I know it works and anyone who would rather pay medical bills instead of trying something that is cheap and works is an idiot. If you don't want to at least try it then fine, go to the doctor sell your soul to the drug companies. I don't ever need to take antiboitics. How about you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course I'm not so ridged anymore, but if I start getting sick, then I jump right back on there.

A person isn't losing anything by giving it a try. Some people are just to lazy and dependant on doctors.

I visit the doctor maybe once a year... I'm not on any medications; I hardly if ever take an aspirin/over the counter drug. What medications do you take?

Why should I try it then? To "cure" me of something I don't have?

True, it can't hurt to try; more often than not, it won't cure a serious illness.

debbiejo
What ever.

Robtard
What ever.

I answered your question, you can't answer mine?

debbiejo
I don't take any medications. The ones that I do for pain reliever are generally natural.

Robtard
I don't take any medications. The ones that I do for pain reliever are generally natural.

Maybe use a cucumber as a suppository, see if that "Live Cure" will relieve the pain.

debbiejo
Childish boy.

Robtard
Childish boy.

Yeah, maybe... I still lust after you though.

debbiejo
blink

Carnivore. You're not my type........lol

Robtard
blink

Carnivore. You're not my type........lol

Omnivore, but I'll fill every orifice of yours with meat.

AngryManatee
lol

office jesus

You fail at logic.

inimalist
ummmm

just to throw this out there

in the most strictly controlled double blind clinical tests no naturapathic cure has ever shown benefit above placebo.

honestly, herbal remedies are just cheap and dirty drugs. There are no "new" herbal remedies. Everything that they sell in "natural" stores was around at the time of Hippocrates. They were used up until the turn of the century.

Anything that was effective was synthesized and made better. The move from aspirin (natural) to acetometaphyn (synthetic) has made pain killing safer.

Synthetic drugs work better and are safer than anything herbal, anywhere and anytime. There is nothing the natural medical community can treat that real medicine can't.

chithappens

Synthetic drugs work better and are safer than anything herbal, anywhere and anytime. There is nothing the natural medical community can treat that real medicine can't.

I will be very quick to disagree there.

Those who are very sick and in need often need lots of medicaiton. This is often because "real medicine" tends to offer symptoms that require more "real medicine."

I have seen natural stuff do better in a lot of situations.

inimalist

Those who are very sick and in need often need lots of medicaiton. This is often because "real medicine" tends to offer symptoms that require more "real medicine."

what natural stuff works better at treating what?

and maybe extrapolate this "very sick" person. what do they have? what are they taking? what natural cure has shown better results?

-hh-
after 5 years it's called cured according to the medical profession.

after 5 years? i've been volunteering at an Oncology department for a very long time. I've never even heard the term 'cured' when it comes to cancer patients.

depending on the cancer, it's treated with chemotherapy/radiation/surgery or left alone.

from what i've noticed, leaving the cancer alone is better than chemo/radiation options. i've seen patients live longer than those who have taken the treatments.

-hh-

i will be very quick to disagree there.

although i dislike the whole "take a pill" for every headache/stomache pain you experience (people aren't even giving their immune system a chance to go in action), synthetic is MUCH more effective in general when it comes to the healing process.

example:

what can herbal medications do when it comes to lets say HIV?

it's a fact, there are no herbal medications that can trigger the HIV-protease.

the synthetic protese inhibitors on the other hand, actually tend to somewhat work when it comes to treating the active site of the virus.

maybe this wasn't the best example, but it tends ot follow up this whole issue with other medical diseases/disorders etc...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.