Does Richard Dawkins exist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
He is a controversial Atheist who has written a collection of books in an attempt to debunk anyone's belief in God. His latest book entitled the God Delusion has received numerous criticisms for being a book that could have been intellectually stimulating to nothing but an attack at anybody with a faith. Dawkin's jokingly claimed that anyone with a religious faith who opened this book would finish reading it as an atheist. However one reviewer claimed "After reading this book I was embarrassed to call myself an atheist"

In this youtube entry, one reviewer asks the question on everybody's lips at the moment; Does Richard Dawkins exist?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QERyh9YYEis

willRules
I'd like to point out that this is not a spite thread, rather it is a thread about spites. I am asking the question at what point does saying I believe something different to you become offensive or not???? Whilst Richard Dawkin's expressed what some deem to be an offence attack on faith as a whole, at what point do our separate beliefs offend others?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by willRules
I'd like to point out that this is not a spite thread, rather it is a thread about spites. I am asking the question at what point does saying I believe something different to you become offensive or not???? Whilst Richard Dawkin's expressed what some deem to be an offence attack on faith as a whole, at what point do our separate beliefs offend others?

You should not care.

willRules
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You should not care.

I shouldn't care if I offend someone? confused

Shakyamunison
I shouldn't care if I offend someone? confused

No, you shouldn't let other people's opinions offend you. If you don't like what the guy has to say, then don't read his books.

As far as rather he exists? I have no idea who he is in the first place.

willRules
No, you shouldn't let other people's opinions offend you. If you don't like what the guy has to say, then don't read his books.

As far as rather he exists? I have no idea who he is in the first place.

Oh ok fair enough. I was just asking for opinions as to how tactfully people think their opinions should be expressed yes

Shakyamunison
Oh ok fair enough. I was just asking for opinions as to how tactfully people think their opinions should be expressed yes

But that would limit free speech.

willRules
I didn't mean or say that they shouldn't express their beliefs and opinions, I said how tactfully they should be expressed for fear of offending others yes

Shakyamunison
I didn't mean or say that they shouldn't express their beliefs and opinions, I said how tactfully they should be expressed for fear of offending others yes

I agree, but tactfulness can be difficult to define. I think it is better to let them be tactless, then to control that kind of communication. The market place will make the final judgment.

lord xyz
Does Richard Dawkins exist? What a stupid ****ing question.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
Does Richard Dawkins exist? What a stupid ****ing question.

Why would anyone ask that question? confused

lord xyz
Why would anyone ask that question? confused Why are you asking me?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
Why are you asking me?

I feel that I may get a more fair answer from someone other then the thread starter. You seemed to know that he did exist, so...
Do you have any ideas?

Alliance
Dawkins often annoys me....but he most certainly exists.

FeceMan
"Richard Dawkins" is a pen name for none other than Steven Hawking.

He's not so creative.

Nellinator
I heard Stephen Hawking was actually a Christian, or at least an agnostic.

FeceMan
Apparently not, since I just told you he was Richard Dawkins.

Nellinator
Originally posted by FeceMan
Apparently not, since I just told you he was Richard Dawkins. Well, it's obviously a conspiracy...

Alliance
damn creationists...

chithappens
People do not care about what others think unless it is to convert them or "save their souls" and that approach rarely works so normally it is best not to bother.

Religious discussions about which is correct tend to go no where. Specific questions can lead to nice discussions and learning but not who is right about their belief system

Bullmaniac
Originally posted by FeceMan
"Richard Dawkins" is a pen name for none other than Steven Hawking.

That is absolute bollocks mate. I have seen Richard Dawkins and he was certainly not Stephen Hawkins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.