Time vs Money:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlett
Okay, this is my very first post (well besides the introduction that is big grin ) and I do hope this isn't a repeat thread/subject.

Okay, people always say that life is too short and that we must enjoy it to the fullest. So, which of the two elements (time & money) you thought of satisfying your being?

Impediment
You only live once, but if you live right then once is enough.

Money equals happiness. Period.

Only poor people say that money can't buy happiness. I should know. I'm poor.

Sado22
money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you time. most of the time people waste their whole life trying to earn money so that they can get just enough money to live comfortably later on in life. so that much is certain: that money and happiness have a certain connection.
however i don't believe its money=happiness
we want money so we can be comfortable and buy all those things that we think will make us happy. yet i feel that all that money does is buy us time...that is, we can buy something we want without wasting our lives fretting about all that we can't have. its more like money can get you all the material things that will make you happy, temperorily.
what makes us happy, though, is not the material things.

since we have all the "material" things with money, that leaves the immaterial things. money can't buy you those...but it sure as hell will save you the few years you would normally run around trying to firstly satisfy your material desires. you have security, a good bank balance and that's always a good attracting factor....if you are ugly or hairy in the wrong places, well, you have the money to get into a good gym, get botox, heck even get a sex change if your that desperate. a firm bank account and an even firmer @$$ and you are all set to make an impression.

okay so you don't think that finding ms. or mr. right has anything to do with happiness.fine, try travelling, try escaping from this world and society, try almost anything in this world that makes you think it will grant you happiness. money may not be the way, but money will sure make it easier.

when all is said and done, with money you save time. when you save time and have more or less satisfied yourself with the material desires of the world...you advance to the next level. and money makes that easy too.

to me, money makes the road to happiness easier...but money is definitely NOT happiness. more often than not most people become unhappy with money because they wind up losing their focus....what i mean by that is that they wind up thinking that only material things will give them happiness.

money buys time. time buys more chances and more shots at happiness.

~Sado

chithappens
You people are depressing.

Sado22
thank you smile

Bicnarok

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Scarlett
Okay, this is my very first post (well besides the introduction that is big grin ) and I do hope this isn't a repeat thread/subject.

Okay, people always say that life is too short and that we must enjoy it to the fullest. So, which of the two elements (time & money) you thought of satisfying your being?

unfortunatly many people are bread into businesses where time is money. However it is sometimes hard to know what you have untill you take it for granted. Personally, im at the age whre i dont see any benefit with working 12 hour days 6 days a week for the rest of my life, but im sure that will change as this perspective often dos with age...well maybe not change but forgotten

WrathfulDwarf
I'm a strong believer of "Time is Money"

Mr Happy Pants
money can buy you things that can lead to happiness.

then again, you need the time to be able to use those things money has bought for you.

hmm

leonheartmm
you can get more money if you have time. but u cant buy time with money. ultimately. ofcourse in today's world, one is forced to be unhappy without money as thats how the society works.

Shakyamunison
Time turns all money to dust.

leonheartmm
that sounds like me

"time seeks out n destroyes all things material"

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Time turns all money to dust.

Then again with money I always have a "good time" wink

Symmetric Chaos

JacopeX
Originally posted by Impediment
Money equals happiness. Period. Only a fool would say such a thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.