Ryu vs Charlie Nash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
No, Charlie isn't dead.

He was supposed to be in Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, but due to injury, that allowed Guile to take his spot (with Charlie's blessings). Damn plot device.

Working for Capcom Entertainment as a trainer and firearms expert (having conducted physical training to famous Capcom characters such as Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine and others), Charlie, after seeing Guile lose to Ryu (continuing the Ryu-Guile thread) decides to fight Ryu.

Ryu is with Ken and Chun Li at a Masters Foundation-sponsored gala at Sunshine 60 when Charlie appears. Charlie finds Ryu and is to the point.

Ryu accepts the challenge as he throws the jacket, shirt and tie off, leaving him in the vest, slacks and shoes (ala Shang Tsung's costume from the MK movie)

"Guile is man enough to fight me," Ryu replied, parodying Guile's catchphrase. "You, on the other hand..."

Both men are at their fighting peak.

Sado22
Charlie was a lot better than Guile.
if this is alpha3, then I'll give it to Charlie any day in the week...in fact I'll give it to him ANY DAY in the week.
Charlie=epitome of calm coolness, style and grace

fastest projectiles in the SF universe, lots of power, and more experience...and was able to engage SFA3 Bison in one-on-one combat for a long time. that's saying a lot.

~Sado

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Sado22
Charlie was a lot better than Guile.
if this is alpha3, then I'll give it to Charlie any day in the week...in fact I'll give it to him ANY DAY in the week.
Charlie=epitome of calm coolness, style and grace

fastest projectiles in the SF universe, lots of power, and more experience...and was able to engage SFA3 Bison in one-on-one combat for a long time. that's saying a lot.

~Sado

When I said that both men are at their peaks, I meant that this is Alpha 3 Charlie against 3rd Strike Ryu.

Sado22
sorry Major Pain, but if Charlie could take on SFA3 Bison then why is Ryu such a big problem.
Charlie still wins. besides ryu got pwned out of a tournament that Guile won.
~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
Charlie died in that fight... (Sorry Major)

Plus, Ryu as of SF3 is equivelant to Akuma's alpha levels, which was more than enough to deal with Bison at any point.

What puts Charlie at any level beyond Ryu?

And I seriously doubt that the Sonic Booms are any faster than any other energy projectile, however, Guile and Charlie recover from their projectiles faster than anyone else, that might be what your getting at.

Experience, yes. Power, no way...

Darkstorm Zero
Dang double posting.....

sorry Major Pain, but if Charlie could take on SFA3 Bison then why is Ryu such a big problem.
Charlie still wins. besides ryu got pwned out of a tournament that Guile won.
~Sado

Ryu is the one that defeated SFA3 Bison...

AND Ryu is the one that was challenged by Akuma at the end of SF2 right after Aku tore up Bison.so no, Guile didn't with the 2nd world warrior tournament, and Ken didn't eliminate Ryu from the tourney...

Sado22
you had a divine intervention or what........cuz you're saying stuff that i've never heard! wink

in best T-bag imitation (Prison Break): what...you got divine interventions passages tatooed on your @$$?!

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
you had a divine intervention or what........cuz you're saying stuff that i've never heard! wink

in best T-bag imitation (Prison Break): what...you got divine interventions passages tatooed on your @$$?!

~Sado

What?.....

Akuma defeating Bison was the only official outcome of the whole SF2 series of games (After all that, we get told that that was really all that happened... 7 games across 5 years.... what utter rotten bullsh!t.)

And who else is Akuma gong to interfere in amatch fore other than his beloved son (Bad refference)

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Charlie died in that fight... (Sorry Major)

Plus, Ryu as of SF3 is equivelant to Akuma's alpha levels, which was more than enough to deal with Bison at any point.

What puts Charlie at any level beyond Ryu?

And I seriously doubt that the Sonic Booms are any faster than any other energy projectile, however, Guile and Charlie recover from their projectiles faster than anyone else, that might be what your getting at.

Experience, yes. Power, no way...

I know he died in that fight. What I said about him surviving was for dramatic purposes.

Sado22
darko, if that were the case then why did Akuma come and put the sleeper on Gill's thong-wearing keister in SF3?
in best terry imitation: GET SERIOUS!
I think akuma likes to get attention and make all those entrances. we see that in SvsC as well where for no reason he jumps in and ruins, what would have been Ryu being grilled well donewink

and you say or even hint "Ryu=akuma son" and i'll personally do shungoukusatsu to you! mad
i'm still trying hard to banish the very memory of that gayass anime from my mind. the most horrible anime ever made after FF1 and Tekken.

~Sado

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
What?.....

Akuma defeating Bison was the only official outcome of the whole SF2 series of games (After all that, we get told that that was really all that happened... 7 games across 5 years.... what utter rotten bullsh!t.)

And who else is Akuma gong to interfere in amatch fore other than his beloved son (Bad refference) Stupid question but does Akuma know Ryu is his son?

Emperor Ashtar
Bsion didn't really lose in alpha 3, he just got pushed back due to CIS.

Remulous
Tough bout, honestly, if Charlie was alive and continued his training, he might be able to beat Ryu or they would be about equal, IMO.

But since this is 3rd Strike Ryu and Alpha 3 Charlie, Ryu is gonna beat his ass.

Darkstorm Zero
darko, if that were the case then why did Akuma come and put the sleeper on Gill's thong-wearing keister in SF3?
in best terry imitation: GET SERIOUS!
I think akuma likes to get attention and make all those entrances. we see that in SvsC as well where for no reason he jumps in and ruins, what would have been Ryu being grilled well donewink

Sado, think about what you just said, then slap yourself for not thinking. big grin

Akuma only challenges those he considers worthy, and Gill happens to be one of the strongest characters in SF right up near him, along with Oro. Akuma challenged both of them.

But in case youhadn't noticed, Akuma took a special interest in Ryu. sure, Bison could have killed Ryu during that last match if Aku hadn't intervened and sent Bison on aone way trip to the netherrealm.

and you say or even hint "Ryu=akuma son" and i'll personally do shungoukusatsu to you! mad
i'm still trying hard to banish the very memory of that gayass anime from my mind. the most horrible anime ever made after FF1 and Tekken.

laughing

I guess it's someones funky way of explaining how Ryu is able to activate the Dark Hadou by nature. laughing out loud

Sado22
read over your post, see what i said and the slap yourself twice in the head and kick your own @$$ around the room, foo!
i pity this foo called darkstrom
i pity the foo
i pity the foo
laughing

i was refering to this:

you are saying that akuma killed Bison cuz he was scared that bison was gonna spank ryu around.
hence i asked why would he attack gill then, since ryu never actually faced gill.
foo! mad

~The I-Don't-Hate-Darkstrom-But-I-Pity-The-Foo Sado-sama

olympian
Charlie has way more style, but probably lacks the raw power that Ryu does.

Hard call.

Darkstorm Zero
i was refering to this:

you are saying that akuma killed Bison cuz he was scared that bison was gonna spank ryu around.
hence i asked why would he attack gill then, since ryu never actually faced gill.
foo! mad

It is possible, for 2 reasons,one, Bison tends to mess up his opponents, both during and after the match with his experiments...

AAAAND, Ryu just happens to be theonly other man alive that has the capacity to master the Dark Hadou. Akuma seeks the ultimate Death Match, and he sees Ryu as the only man who can deliver... eventually.

Sado22
please...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.