Batman vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Glazier
Who takes it?
It's not a fight about who can take the other, as Captain America obviously would win that (my opinion, don't bring up a debate around it, please).
Instead, it's totally focused on skill, as it's the one who first lands 5 direct kicks/punchs to the opponent smokin'

Also, no gadgets and no shield.

I think Batman might JUST pull out a win, 5-4. But then again, Captain America have showed that he is very hard to hit in the past...

Debate! smokin'

llagrok
They met once in a crossover, and Batman admitted that Captain America would win. Although that was a crossover, so I can't use it as evidence :P

Still have a good feeling about Captain America though.

Glazier
I also think Captain America would win a real fight, but in this fight of pure skill, i am with Batman.

guy222
Originally posted by Glazier
Who takes it?
It's not a fight about who can take the other, as Captain America obviously would win that (my opinion, don't bring up a debate around it, please).
Instead, it's totally focused on skill, as it's the one who first lands 5 direct kicks/punchs to the opponent smokin'

Also, no gadgets and no shield.

I think Batman might JUST pull out a win, 5-4. But then again, Captain America have showed that he is very hard to hit in the past...

Debate! smokin'

stalemate

jasonk3
Super Soldier gives capt the physical advantage to last longer and Capt is stronger. But strenght does not make any dufference for Batman, he has pwned guys like Spectre, Superman and Grundy. evil face

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by jasonk3
Super Soldier gives capt the physical advantage to last longer and Capt is stronger. But strenght does not make any dufference for Batman, he has pwned guys like Spectre, Superman and Grundy. evil face

So true

Glazier
I see the majority are with Batman in this fight... Good choicewink

steverules
Cap wins

Glazier
This is about landing 5 punches first, not about who would win a true fight.

Juntai
Batman wins.

steverules
Originally posted by Glazier
This is about landing 5 punches first, not about who would win a true fight.

I know...and I say...cap wins no expression

Soljer
So, pure skill? None of Cap's physical advantages to worry about?

Stalemate.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
So, pure skill? None of Cap's physical advantages to worry about?

Stalemate.

i think the OP included Cap's physical advantages...just no shield.

Soljer
Well, it says 'totally focused on skill,' so I thought that meant the classic 'in equal bodies.'

Meh, if Cap gets his physical advantages, the win goes to him. If he's stripped of his superior speed, strength, and stamina, it remains a stalemate.

Juntai
Originally posted by llagrok
They met once in a crossover, and Batman admitted that Captain America would win. Although that was a crossover, so I can't use it as evidence :P

Still have a good feeling about Captain America though. He said it's POSSIBLE, not that he would win.

masterbruce
I say batman wins

For this contest, Cap's only advantage is a slight speed over batman while Batman is more skilled than Cap and smarter as well

Soljer
Originally posted by Juntai
He said it's POSSIBLE, not that he would win.

You've, no doubt, read the interview where the writer of the story said something along the lines of; "I was intending for that to be Bruce conceding Steve's superiority."

More or less.

Juntai
You've, no doubt, read the interview where the writer of the story said something along the lines of; "I was intending for that to be Bruce conceding Steve's superiority."

More or less. I don't care what he was intending, it wasn't what was written. He said it was possible for Cap to beat him, which is what I said in my last post.

The same crossover had Batman walk over Taskmaster and other villains like he was beating up school children.

Another time someone tried to pull the interview thing is during Sacrifice when mind controlled Superman and Wonder Woman were battling. The writer apperently said he was intending it to be on Earth, just high up in the sky under the sun... however the comic portrayed something very different, with them flying out to the sun, and Wonder Woman even acknowledging "He's taking me to the sun."

starlock
So basicly like a dojo fight, a point system

I will go with batman

Trained at an ealier age,had more of an incentive to learn MA
it might be me but training sidekicks, passing on your knowledge is a great way to advance oneself,yes cap had bucky and various sidekicks and trains with his groups,but not on bats level in my opinon,Batman
has not relied on a indestructible shield
I give cap props and i like him,but skill goes with bats

Soljer
Originally posted by Juntai
I don't care what he was intending, it wasn't what was written. He said it was possible for Cap to beat him, which is what I said in my last post.

The same crossover had Batman walk over Taskmaster and other villains like he was beating up school children.

Another time someone tried to pull the interview thing is during Sacrifice when mind controlled Superman and Wonder Woman were battling. The writer apperently said he was intending it to be on Earth, just high up in the sky under the sun... however the comic portrayed something very different, with them flying out to the sun, and Wonder Woman even acknowledging "He's taking me to the sun."

So we just ignore writer intent nowadays? What the f**k?, When did we start judging fights off of Juntai's bias, and not the writer's intended portrayals?

Juntai
So we just ignore writer intent nowadays? What the f**k?, When did we start judging fights off of Juntai's bias, and not the writer's intended portrayals? I take what happens on panels rather than interviews.

If a writer says he meant to have Batman admit Cap is superior, then that should have happened in the comic.... It didn't. He just said it's POSSIBLE for Cap to beat him. It's also possible he could have won.

If the writer intended Superman to fly her into the sky, that should have happened, it didn't, and wasn't written that way.

The writer of Darkseid meant to have him be the equivilent of Galactus, however, we see the treatment he gets on the forum in comparison... Due to on panel showings... he's a notch below.. especially if Galactus has fed.

Another poster once posted an interview about when he was going balls out in OWAW, the writer said something like he felt Superman could solo Imperiex.

masterbruce
So we just ignore writer intent nowadays? What the f**k?, When did we start judging fights off of Juntai's bias, and not the writer's intended portrayals?

which is more important, writer's intent or onpage portrayal?

since I think writer's intent may end up differently than what shows up in the page due to artist depiction and other factors

ie. a writer may write 'venom tosses a small car' and then the artist draws venom tossing a truck

Soljer
Well, the writers are the gods of their universe....

Thy will be done, and what not.

masterbruce
Well, the writers are the gods of their universe....

Thy will be done, and what not.

and which writer's intent will we use then?

ie, for superman, some writers prob think he's more powerful than Galactus and others think he is just above Iron Man.

Soljer
Originally posted by masterbruce
and which writer's intent will we use then?

ie, for superman, some writers prob think he's more powerful than Galactus and others think he is just above Iron Man.

And the individual writers' feats reflect that.

You have 'low showings' and 'high showings' for writers intent, just like you have in feats. One minute, the 'intent' is for Superman to get knocked out by a fence, and the next is for him to survive supernova's and take it to imperiex.

Taking writers' intent into account changes nothing - there are still the low and the high showings.

lifeisaglich
Which is why we basically go by what they write, what they draw, and not what they intended.

Soljer
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Which is why we basically go by what they write, what they draw, and not what they intended.

Meh, I honestly don't care enough about it to argue; however I still think the writer's intent is an important facet. Feats can be misconstrued, words can be misleading, and when you bring numbers into it? Christ.

I think, at times, you have to look past the feat itself, and look at what the writer INTENDED that feat to portray, mean, or say.

But that's me, and like I said, I don't care enough to argue about it with anyone. erm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.