Command & Conquer 3 (PC and Xbox 360)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I been hearing a lot of hype for this RTS lately. For you PC gamers is the hype warranted? I personally would be interested to play this game on my PC. Unfortunally for me, I don't have a computer that can run a decent game anymore (nor can afford to upgrade) So most likely the 360 port is for me.

Anyone thinking of this game?

JToTheP
I've heard mixed reactions to it, mostly because of the requirements to run it on a PC. I might pick it up for the 360 if I ever get around to one.

SaTsuJiN
I bought it, and love it... the A.I. is damn hard though
(I'm a noob at RTS genre btw)

but there are alot of cool features.. I recommend trying the demo

I have double raptor sata harddrives, dual core cpu and nvidia 8800 gtx

so I have no problems running it.. but I could imagine it would put alot of burden on other machines

Smasandian
Yeah, they're tough.

Sats, have you played the GDI mission on where you have to turn off/on base defenses, while your being attacked from all over the place, and then not having money to build units, and then go through the town to destroy the missle batteries...but its impossible because they're too many guys, and your base is still being attacked by guys.

AHHHHH

RaventheOnly
That sounds like the old red alert missions stick out tongue

I really wanna play this sad but my comps way too outdated to even dream about it.... same deal with supreme commander /cry

BackFire
I've played the demo.

From what I've played, and what I heard, it's almost identical to the older C&C games. Really high paced action and the like.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, they're tough.

Sats, have you played the GDI mission on where you have to turn off/on base defenses, while your being attacked from all over the place, and then not having money to build units, and then go through the town to destroy the missle batteries...but its impossible because they're too many guys, and your base is still being attacked by guys.

AHHHHH

hehe put it on medium mode or sumfin, i dont remember wat mode i did it on, med or hard but try to capture the lower left base, if you can get that then you can complete the level with Nod units, i cant remember how i managed it tho at the same time as being attacked

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BackFire
I've played the demo.

From what I've played, and what I heard, it's almost identical to the older C&C games. Really high paced action and the like.

How's the controllers? Complicated or easy to adapt?

Remenber last year I had the same dilema with LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth for the 360.

Smasandian
He could be meaning the demo for the PC version.

BackFire
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
How's the controllers? Complicated or easy to adapt?

Remenber last year I had the same dilema with LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth for the 360.

Oh, I was talking about the PC version.

WrathfulDwarf
Booo! You let my high hopes smash like glass.

BackFire
Well, I'm now downloading the 360 demo.

Will report back and let you know how it is.

WrathfulDwarf
You are a god!

I shall slaughter 20 Trolls as a gift.

(I would offer virgins...but I'm keeping those for myself)

BackFire
May I have just one virgin?

Nice and tight...yesssss

BackFire
Played the demo a bit.

It's alright. Controls mostly the same as Battle for middle earth.

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
That sounds like the old red alert missions stick out tongue

I really wanna play this sad but my comps way too outdated to even dream about it.... same deal with supreme commander /cry

Same here, and I'm not dropping thousands of dollars to get up to date.

Makes me so sad sad

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BackFire
Played the demo a bit.

It's alright. Controls mostly the same as Battle for middle earth.

Interesting...I have to try it for myself.

(sorry...no more virgins for now...next week we'll have a new batch)

JToTheP
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Interesting...I have to try it for myself.

(sorry...no more virgins for now...next week we'll have a new batch)

Is it true it plays like C&C 1?

WrathfulDwarf, you upset me, I demand a virgin too!

Mišt
Just got this yesterday, I've only played one skirmish map so far to test it out and its AWESOME! Had to turn down the graphics though, the end game stats said my match lasted 18mins, in real time it lasted about 45mins from lag. no expression Its about time a good RTS came out.

Smasandian
RTS genre is coming back in a huge way with Supreme Commander, C&C3, Company of Heroes, and a couple of others.

Also not including, is the rumoured Starcraft 2....which is probalby going to be known on May 19th. Or atleast in MMO format (which would be the worst decision ever)

jaden101
the command and conquer games were the only RTS i liked back in the day so i bought the 360 version of tiberium wars...it arrived this morning and i had a chance to play it for a little bit this morning...

i like it...not quite intuitive in terms of controls but then it might be better for someone with more RTS experience than me

i'm only playing through on easy mode as the GDI just now so it isn't too challenging and will up the difficulty after a play through and once i'm more used to the controls

WrathfulDwarf
I may be picking up a copy of this game next paycheck.

I feel drawn to it. stick out tongue

Mišt
Im finding it a bit too easy...once you get your nukes/ions/rifts loaded up, you just blow up a chunk of the enemy's base, then send in your tanks/aircraft to mop up...Scrin seem a bit overbalanced, their normal troops can kill infantry with ease, they can clear buildings and you can spawn a group anywhere on the map, they have the Rift AND Mothership, their aircraft are too powerful once they have their shields upgraded, Nod's vertigo bombers only carry 1 bomb each and once they use it they have to fly back to base to refill but Scrin bombers have constant supply....srug

Im loving Nod though, stealthed buildings and units, nukes, stealthed minefield, commandos...drool

RaventheOnly
Sounds like generals, but the cooldowns on the Super weapons are the key in that game. I have no idea on CC3, it sounds like total annihlation mixed with Generals.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.