Supermans speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
I know Im about to get cursed out for this but here it goes.

I would like for people to show me some scans or proof that superman even come close to the speed of light. In 1 wizard magazine it states that supermans top speed is 2000mps (wizard # 158) and in another wizard magazine someone wrote in asking how fast superman goes and they said on earth he breaks the sound barrier, so he goes roughly above the speed of sounds. In a superman comic when he had to race to save some soldiers from being shot by equus superman thinks to himself (got this right out of the book) "six hundred seventy tow miles per hour. "Thats the speed of a bullet fired from an m-60. Its been said that Im faster than a speeding bullet. "And I am. But sometimes being faster than a speeding bullet is not fast enough." These was the words from superman and all of the soldiers ends up getting shot.

In a jla book when raal wife was held captive on a ship in space and raal built a weapon that would destroy the main alien ship. The weapon shot a beam of light (this was during the time superman just lost the powers of blue superman). raal himself stated that the beam goes as fast as the speed of light. Raal asked superman to save his wife before the beam hit the ship (the space ship his wife was on). Superman himself claimed that he couldnt keep up with the beam and raal said he knew, he said that he would need to borrow flash speed.

During the time superboy prime was killing people, superboy decided to fly to oa and destroy it. Superboy said HIMSELF that he was going to fly through oa at the speed of light. When he flew off BOTH superman said to themselves that they would never catch up with him going at that speed. Superboy did what he said while laughing at the fact that both superman was too slow to catch him. He was then stopped by the lanterns, killed about 40 of them, which took a while, and THEN both superman finally showed up.

Another speed instance was when he had to race to save louis when she was held hostage on a boat. The Narriator said "Superman races to save a loved one breaking the sound barrier, creating sonic booms, going his top speed 2000mps.

I have never seen in any comic with superman in it saying that he is flying or that he can go the speed of light, or even close. I have seen him trying to escape a black hole and it was saying that he was going waaay flaster than the speed of light but if you knew anything about blackholes, everything that enters it goes the speed of light or faster, so I believe that did happen since the blackhole helped his speed. I can show you about 10 scans that the narriator himself claims that gladiator is going the speed of light or faster, can you do the same for superman.

People tend to think that he is moving at such speed because he is getting from one place to another in good timing. Do you actually know how fast 2000mps is. Imagine a car going that fast, you wont even be able to see it, not even a blur. Superman is fast in all due respect but light speed, naaah, superman writers themselves has claimed that superman cant go that fast. They said that he has not done that in long time. He said that he dont even come close to that speed anymore (it was writer brian azzarello). Use common sense, ok flash is the fastest being on the planet. Following flash speed is the other flashes plus zoom. It has been stated that flash top speed is the speed of light (without the speed force). Now if it takes flash time to reach the speed of light but superman exceed the speed of light then why isnt superman the fastest man on the planet.

Also in order to enter the speed force you have to reach or exceed the speed of light. Why havent superman ever seen the force. Why have all the flashes seen the speed force but superman because he dont have the speed to conjure the speed force (I might be wrong on the last statement about the speed force, will do research.). It has been proven and said to many times that superman dont go that fast. I dont hate the guy but Im not giving him credit that he dont deserve. Also if you have the money to buy a dc encylopedia. Please take the time to buy one, you will find it quite amusing on how fast it says superman goes.

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by carver9

I would like for people to show me some scans or proof that superman even come close to the speed of light. In 1 wizard magazine it states that supermans top speed is 2000mps (wizard # 158) and in another wizard magazine someone wrote in asking how fast superman goes and they said on earth he breaks the sound barrier, so he goes roughly above the speed of sounds. In a superman comic when he had to race to save some soldiers from being shot by equus superman thinks to himself (got this right out of the book) "six hundred seventy tow miles per hour. "Thats the speed of a bullet fired from an m-60. Its been said that Im faster than a speeding bullet. "And I am. But sometimes being faster than a speeding bullet is not fast enough." These was the words from superman and all of the soldiers ends up getting shot.

In a jla book when raal wife was held captive on a ship in space and raal built a weapon that would destroy the main alien ship. The weapon shot a beam of light (this was during the time superman just lost the powers of blue superman). raal himself stated that the beam goes as fast as the speed of light. Raal asked superman to save his wife before the beam hit the ship (the space ship his wife was on). Superman himself claimed that he couldnt keep up with the beam and raal said he knew, he said that he would need to borrow flash speed.

During the time superboy prime was killing people, superboy decided to fly to oa and destroy it. Superboy said HIMSELF that he was going to fly through oa at the speed of light. When he flew off BOTH superman said to themselves that they would never catch up with him going at that speed. Superboy did what he said while laughing at the fact that both superman was too slow to catch him. He was then stopped by the lanterns, killed about 40 of them, which took a while, and THEN both superman finally showed up.

Another speed instance was when he had to race to save louis when she was held hostage on a boat. The Narriator said "Superman races to save a loved one breaking the sound barrier, creating sonic booms, going his top speed 2000mps.

I have never seen in any comic with superman in it saying that he is flying or that he can go the speed of light, or even close. I have seen him trying to escape a black hole and it was saying that he was going waaay flaster than the speed of light but if you knew anything about blackholes, everything that enters it goes the speed of light or faster, so I believe that did happen since the blackhole helped his speed. I can show you about 10 scans that the narriator himself claims that gladiator is going the speed of light or faster, can you do the same for superman.

People tend to think that he is moving at such speed because he is getting from one place to another in good timing. Do you actually know how fast 2000mps is. Imagine a car going that fast, you wont even be able to see it, not even a blur. Superman is fast in all due respect but light speed, naaah, superman writers themselves has claimed that superman cant go that fast. They said that he has not done that in long time. He said that he dont even come close to that speed anymore (it was writer brian azzarello). Use common sense, ok flash is the fastest being on the planet. Following flash speed is the other flashes plus zoom. It has been stated that flash top speed is the speed of light (without the speed force). Now if it takes flash time to reach the speed of light but superman exceed the speed of light then why isnt superman the fastest man on the planet.

Also in order to enter the speed force you have to reach or exceed the speed of light. Why havent superman ever seen the force. Why have all the flashes seen the speed force but superman because he dont have the speed to conjure the speed force (I might be wrong on the last statement about the speed force, will do research.). It has been proven and said to many times that superman dont go that fast. I dont hate the guy but Im not giving him credit that he dont deserve. Also if you have the money to buy a dc encylopedia. Please take the time to buy one, you will find it quite amusing on how fast it says superman goes. So, technically... you're just going to ignore all past scans, in an effort to downgrade Superman?

Funny...
Plus, no way in f*ck am I reading this shit.

Estacado
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
No way in f*ck am I reading this shit.

Validus
Couldn't you just go through the Superman respect thread? Probably would have been quicker. ermmnone

Endless Mike
Lex 2000 Special. Earth to Saturn in 4 minutes.

Just one example.

carver9
I did go through his respect thread and it was nothing that showed that he goes the speed of light except the black hole deal.

WorldWarHulk
except the black hole deal. Well... there you go...
End thread.

Validus
I did go through his respect thread and it was nothing that showed that he goes the speed of light except the black hole deal.
You didn't look that hard.

The Earth to Saturn in 4 minutes scan is posted there.

The fight where he took Wonder Woman to the sun in under 2 minutes is there (though you have to read another comic to see proof of the time).

The fight where he travels light years within the span of 3 hours is in there.

Badabing

Also in order to enter the speed force you have to reach or exceed the speed of light. Why havent superman ever seen the force. Why have all the flashes seen the speed force but superman because he dont have the speed to conjure the speed force (I might be wrong on the last statement about the speed force, will do research.). It has been proven and said to many times that superman dont go that fast. I dont hate the guy but Im not giving him credit that he dont deserve. Also if you have the money to buy a dc encylopedia. Please take the time to buy one, you will find it quite amusing on how fast it says superman goes. Wrong forum. Grow up, it's a comic and he's flown faster the c numerous times. Look in the respect thread. durfist

carver9
Originally posted by Validus
You didn't look that hard.

The Earth to Saturn in 4 minutes scan is posted there.

The fight where he took Wonder Woman to the sun in under 2 minutes is there (though you have to read another comic to see proof of the time).

The fight where he travels light years within the span of 3 hours is in there.

Show me these scans where it actually say that he is moving at the speed of light, not you all guessing.

DigiMark007
Show me these scans where it actually say that he is moving at the speed of light, not you all guessing.

I've seen most of the ones he's mentioned....and they're all there for someone willing to look.

This isn't a battle, nor is it really terribly productive. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.