Top 10 Political/Military Tactitions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideon
Star Wars has presented us with a number of genii in the movies and Expanded Universe. Based on their achievements, skills, and displays of their political and militaristic tactical ability - not personal preference - give a list of the greatest political and military tactitions in the SW mythos.

Nikkolas
1. Palpatine
Years upon years of delicate and intricate political machinations led to him seizing the galaxy...actually, it led to the galaxy offering itself to him.

2. Grand Admiral Thrawn
no explanation needed...his plans were ingenious. They wanted Thrawn back during the Yuuzhan Vong War. Studying art allowed him to formulate brilliant strategies. Nearly reconstructed the Empire through his plans using Joruus C'baoth and the clones.

3. Gilad Pellaeon
As of the NJO and the Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant, he had showed immense political and military intellect. Dealing with the ever bitter Moff Council, he also had the Chiss at his becking call - something the New Republic had no idea about and he had saved as an ace-in-the-hole which made a great stride for the Remnant and Republic during the War.

The rest I KNOW are very intelligent in political and military matters but I can't specifically name their accomplishments...maybe someone else can help me out.

4. Wedge Antiles

5. Count Dooku
6. Grand Moff Tarkin
7. Admiral Ackbar
8. Leia Organna Solo

Not-So-Sure
9. Admiral Daala
10. Revan

Darth Sexy
You only need two. Thrawn followed by Revan.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
You only need two. Thrawn followed by Revan.

I meant political and militaristic tactitions. A top ten list of both.

Darth Sexy
Good god I don't even know 10 characters like that, or not off the top of my head.

Gideon
Maybe I should make it five, then. no expression

But, we have Palpatine, Mon Mothma, Prince Xizor, Tyber Zann, Thrawn, Revan, Dooku, Bail Organa, Padme Amidala, Cal Omas, Garm Bel Iblis, Admiral Ackbar, Moff Tarkin, Leia Skywalker, Ysanne Isard, Zaarin, Zsinj, Sate Pestage, so on and so forth. All of these guys are brilliant political and/or militaristic tactitions.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by Nikkolas
1. Palpatine
Years upon years of delicate and intricate political machinations led to him seizing the galaxy...actually, it led to the galaxy offering itself to him.

2. Grand Admiral Thrawn
no explanation needed...his plans were ingenious. They wanted Thrawn back during the Yuuzhan Vong War. Studying art allowed him to formulate brilliant strategies. Nearly reconstructed the Empire through his plans using Joruus C'baoth and the clones.

3. Gilad Pellaeon
As of the NJO and the Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant, he had showed immense political and military intellect. Dealing with the ever bitter Moff Council, he also had the Chiss at his becking call - something the New Republic had no idea about and he had saved as an ace-in-the-hole which made a great stride for the Remnant and Republic during the War.

The rest I KNOW are very intelligent in political and military matters but I can't specifically name their accomplishments...maybe someone else can help me out.

4. Wedge Antiles

5. Count Dooku
6. Grand Moff Tarkin
7. Admiral Ackbar
8. Leia Organna Solo

Not-So-Sure
9. Admiral Daala
10. Revan

You just put Leia above Revan.

Dude, do you know what Revan accomplished as a Military and Tactical leader during the Mandolorian War? He preety much alone handed the victory to the republic. He is one of the most charismatic charachters in all of Star Wars.

Gideon
Militaristically speaking, Revan is aeons and aeons beyond Leia, but it would not be a stretch to conclude that she has a superior mastery of politics than he does. In fact, I think that's pretty obvious. Remember: this is a list of both political and military tactitions.

Nikkolas
I don't know anything about Revan.

That's why i put "Not-SO-Sure".

I know more about Leia and so cam more confident in putting her on my list.

ESB -1138
1.) Palpatine
2.) Thrawn
3.) Revan
4.) Zann
5.) Tarkin...maybe

Gideon
I bought FoC ages ago, but haven't played it. That said, I've read about Zann on Wookipedia, and I am impressed... though his exploits are a bit farfetched. No criminal group could actually take on the Empire and win.

Gideon
To me, the political list would be much more difficult. And, for the record, when I say political, I do not confine that strictly to galactic politics. This would include any manipulator or tactition who doesn't embrace the military aspects of strategy. For example, I consider Kreia to be a political tactition.

Militaristic:

1. Thrawn
2. Zaarin
3. Ackbar
4. Garm
5. Zsinj
6. Revan
7. Zann
8. Sev'rance Tann
9. Grievous
10. Tarkin

^ Rough draft.

jollyjim311
Vader was good with words!!!

Edit: Gideon is ca-razy.

Gideon
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Not even a mention of Greivous? He wasn't in the top ten, but, I figured I would at least throw his name out there.

I mentioned Grievous and put him in my top ten.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Gideon
I bought FoC ages ago, but haven't played it. That said, I've read about Zann on Wookipedia, and I am impressed... though his exploits are a bit farfetched. No criminal group could actually take on the Empire and win.

Zann didn't fight the Empire straight up. Heck the final battle with the Eclipse was massive. Zann won because he teamed up with the Rebellion to attack the Imperial base there until he took control of the Eclipse and then used it to win.

Zann was really just doing sneak attacks and going underground and really never led a full scale invasion against the Empire until the Emperor and Vader died and the Death Star II was destroyed at Endor.

Gideon
M'kay. Did Zann actually outwit Thrawn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.