Sonic Rush Adventure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
Over the years Sonic hasn't really been good in the 3D games but managed to stay strong in 2D with handhelds. But no handheld game has been critically acclaimed as much as Sonic Rush for the Nintendo DS and that is why a sequel is being made: Sonic Rush Adventure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Rush_Adventure

Burnt Pancakes
Your infatuation with Sonic is... intresting.

MadMel
nothing wrong with liking a certain franchise

Burnt Pancakes
It's not negative. I'm in love with Metroid. I was just making a useless post.

ESB -1138
What? Sonic is my favorite series...despite some bad 3D games.

ESB -1138
Game comes out the 18th!!! TWO MORE DAYS!!

Venomous Yoshi
I'm glad that this game introduces another female character in the Sonic franchise.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ad/Marine_the_Raccoon.png

Her name is Marine the Raccoon. I can't wait to see what she can do. smile

ESB -1138
I would rather have the game only have one playable character, Sonic.

Venomous Yoshi
That's too bad. stick out tongue

ESB -1138
SONIC! SONIC! SONIC! SONIC! SONIC! SONIC!

Venomous Yoshi
BLAZE! MARINE! BLAZE! MARINE! BLAZE! MARINE! big grin

InnerRise
You do realize that the act of ADDING characters to the Sonic Games, rather NEEDLESSLY, hasn't helped the games for the most part?

I would have thought they would have learned this by now.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

ESB -1138
See! InnerRise knows what I'm talking about! All we need in a Sonic game is Sonic. You don't see Mario adding a new character in every game. In fact there isn't a single 3D Mario out there that has any other playable character than Mario.

And really, Blaze and Marine? If we need more than one character why not Shadow? Or just go old school and throw in Tails.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by InnerRise
You do realize that the act of ADDING characters to the Sonic Games, rather NEEDLESSLY, hasn't helped the games for the most part?

I would have thought they would have learned this by now.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Actually, it's more the act of adding SHADOW, then focusing on SHADOW, and never making the 3D control scheme not be bad.

However, Blaze was a great character, and the Rush games have 2D controls, so it's not an issue. The spirit of Genesis Sonic lives on in the Rush series.

When's the last time one of the sports games didn't add a new character? And in New Super Mario Bros. you can play as Luigi, and in Super Mario 64 DS, you can play as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, or Wario.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by General Kaliero
When's the last time one of the sports games didn't add a new character? And in New Super Mario Bros. you can play as Luigi, and in Super Mario 64 DS, you can play as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, or Wario.

Sports games are spin-off games of Mario games. I'm talking about the 3D Mario games (and New Super Mario Bros is a 2D platformer), Super Mario 64 (SM64 DS is just a remake), Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy all just have one playable character.

AstroFan
Originally posted by ESB -1138
See! InnerRise knows what I'm talking about! All we need in a Sonic game is Sonic. You don't see Mario adding a new character in every game. In fact there isn't a single 3D Mario out there that has any other playable character than Mario.

And really, Blaze and Marine? If we need more than one character why not Shadow? Or just go old school and throw in Tails.

I agree 100%, that is one reason I have given up on Sonic, its almost as if he is an after thought in his own games. I play Sonic for Sonic, not sassy female racoons and dumb shit like that.

The Mario games are a perfect example, especially since any of them is 10x greater than any recent Sonic game, they should take notes.

ESB -1138
Sonic & the Secret Rings was all Sonic and that game shows that Sonic can have a good 3D game.

((The_Anomaly))
Secret Rings was good, but it wasn't great. It was by far the best 3D Sonic though. I agree with ESB though, I only want to be Sonic in a Sonic game, I don't care about random other needlessly added characters, just let me run fast and be Sonic, that's all I want. Sega seems to have a problem understanding this.

ESB -1138
I never said Secret Rings was great I just said it was good. They came up with a decent formula for a 3D Sonic now they need to improve it. If they can perfect that formula with the next Sonic game it could be a great game and the glory of Sonic could finally be restored.

And I agree, you don't play a football game to play tennis and I don't play a Sonic game to shoot guns. I want to see everything in a blur. The faster Sonic goes the happier I'll be. Good news with Rush Adventure is that at least it's only 3 and not 9 (Sonic Next-Gen) characters in it. But really a new character? Don't we have enough as it is? When was the last time we got to play as Tails and Knuckles? Take out Blaze and Marine and replace them with Tails (and maybe Knuckles). Or just make it Sonic! Enough is enough.

ESB -1138
Sonic Rush Adventure is AWESOME! Good news! You never once play as Marine. Only Sonic and Blaze (and I have yet to see Blaze in the game besides the opening cutscene)

((The_Anomaly))
Yea I don't mind having the option to play as say Tails and Knuckles, but I want the option and not to be forced into it. If I want to play the whole game with Sonic I should be able to. I don't mind A FEW other characters as Sonic and Knuckles is my all time favorite Sonic game, I just don't want to HAVE to play as anyone but Sonic if I don't want to.

ESB -1138
Well actually at the start of each act (just got to it) you can pick whether or not you want to play as Sonic or Blaze. You don't even have to touch Blaze.

((The_Anomaly))
Yea that's fine, that's what I mean. Who's Blaze anyways?

General Kaliero
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Yea that's fine, that's what I mean. Who's Blaze anyways?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Blaze06.png

Blaze is probably the best character currently aside from Sonic himself. She actually has some personality, rather than the simple one trait everyone else has.

I'm now on the search for the emeralds so I can face the real final boss... ermm

Venomous Yoshi
Blaze is special because she's the only female that has a super form.

((The_Anomaly))
Humm, I've been watching vids of Sonic Rush and I'm thinking about picking it up, looks pretty good.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
Blaze is special because she's the only female that has a super form.

No she doesn't. She has a burning form. It's true; she's called Burning Blaze.

General Kaliero
For sake of alliteration, which is zOMG COOL! stick out tongue

For all intents and purposes, it's a Super form. Activated by seven emeralds, only usable at the end of the game, allows flying, runs on rings and has abilities not available normally. Plus Blaze is apparently Sonic's double in that dimension, so yeah. Super Sonic = Burning Blaze.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.