Darth Nihilus: True Sith Lord?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas

Captain REX
...um, what?

True Sith being the species that's rumored to still be around by KOTOR, or did you mean something else?

Nihilus is a Sith Lord, no doubt about that. Thinking otherwise would be silly...

Nikkolas
Well, different people have different philosophies.

Some could easily argue someone who "cares nothing for the Sith or their teachings" is not actually a Sith Lord.

And the "True Sith" don't have Sith Lords, do they?

Darth Sexy
And you're NOT a fanboy? And he's NOT a true sith lord

Nikkolas
Nope.

Explain why?

Riverollv
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Explain why?

Simple because he didn't care about the Sith. He didn't care about the Code, or the rules, or anything. What he did had no purpose, he only did it to feed his hunger because he needed to do so in order to survive. Eventually, he would destroy the Sith themselves. He's not like the other "I want unlimited power!" ones. The only thing he did was fed himself. Normally a Sith would like to conquer the galaxy, not eat it

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Riverollv
Normally a Sith would like to conquer the galaxy, not eat it

laughing

Kadesh
Nope.

Speak for yourself, the posts you made prove you are a fanboy, admit it

Nikkolas
Which one?

I've backed up everything I've said of Nihilus' power with proof. I've shown the vid of it, a quote or source. I do not spew out lies or distort anything.

Kadesh
Which one?

I've backed up everything I've said of Nihilus' power with proof. I've shown the vid of it, a quote or source. I do not spew out lies or distort anything. "He pulled the entire fleet" When a fallible character contradicts an out of universe statement on a loading screen, backed up my ass.

Yes you have backed them up, but your using ambiguous quotes to put him above every body

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Captain REX
...um, what?

True Sith being the species that's rumored to still be around by KOTOR, or did you mean something else?

Nihilus is a Sith Lord, no doubt about that. Thinking otherwise would be silly...

So true

jollyjim311
I would like to quote Lord Kaan in this instance: "It is a predator. It can think only of hunger and blood. It doesn't care whether you are good or evil, Darth Bane. It simply wanted to feed."

It seemed applicable.
However, Nihilus is still a Sith.

Nikkolas
Um...what? It doesn't contradict it. Does the screen say "he pulled ONLY the Ravager from Malachor"? If it doesn't, then it's not a contradiction.

Contradict-
to contradict is to state that something is the opposite of what has been said;

So, if the statement on the loading screen just says he pulls the Ravager from Malachor, then that's true. But if it doesn't specifically say he only pulled the Ravager, then it's not a contradiction.

I don't put him above Palpatine.

And I find it repeatedly annoying about how people say "besides the drain, what does he have?" Because it's basically saying besides what puts him above everyone, what does he have? And I'm just trying to show he can do crap besides it.

So far the abilities and power I've found:
-Ability to sustain life on a ship where life should not be possible. While simultaneously draining everyone around him.
-consciousness transferal
-massive TK
-Stun
-Choke

Anyway, it depends on what you define as a Sith. One could argue Nihilus is the "core" of the Sith. After all, don't Sith want greater power? Won't they destroy their fellows for said power?

General G
Um...what? It doesn't contradict it. Does the screen say "he pulled ONLY the Ravager from Malachor"? If it doesn't, then it's not a contradiction.

Contradict-
to contradict is to state that something is the opposite of what has been said;

So, if the statement on the loading screen just says he pulls the Ravager from Malachor, then that's true. But if it doesn't specifically say he only pulled the Ravager, then it's not a contradiction.

I don't put him above Palpatine.

And I find it repeatedly annoying about how people say "besides the drain, what does he have?" Because it's basically saying besides what puts him above everyone, what does he have? And I'm just trying to show he can do crap besides it.

So far the abilities and power I've found:
-Ability to sustain life on a ship where life should not be possible. While simultaneously draining everyone around him.
-consciousness transferal
-massive TK
-Stun
-Choke

Anyway, it depends on what you define as a Sith. One could argue Nihilus is the "core" of the Sith. After all, don't Sith want greater power? Won't they destroy their fellows for said power?

Add to the list:

- Held a ship together that should have fallen apart long ago while still holding off the Republic fleet and battling the Exile, Mandalore, and Visas
- Good lightsaber skill, it actually took three people to beat him

I would consider him a Sith, he uses its teachings and his name precedes with a "Darth."

Darth Sexy
Revan was a true sith lord, Nihilus? Nihilus wanted to eat, kill, consume everything in sight. There's nothing about him that makes him a true sith.

General G
What made Revan a "true Sith Lord?" He didn't want total power or galaxy domination.

And Nihilus being a true Sith does work because he only "ate" people to survive and to make him stronger, unless I am mistaken, Sith always want more power, and to do that, they have to be strong.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by General G
What made Revan a "true Sith Lord?" He didn't want total power or galaxy domination.

And Nihilus being a true Sith does work because he only "ate" people to survive and to make him stronger, unless I am mistaken, Sith always want more power, and to do that, they have to be strong.

He didn't want total power or domination? Someone needs to read POD who calls Revan a True Sith Lord. And Nihilus didn't care for the sith order, he would eat or kill jedi and sith alike.

General G
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
He didn't want total power or domination? Someone needs to read POD who calls Revan a True Sith Lord. And Nihilus didn't care for the sith order, he would eat or kill jedi and sith alike.

I read that, and quite enjoyed it, it also confirmed Revan as a male. And that was coming from Bane, a Sith that knew nothing about Revan...

He did what he had to do to make him more powerful.

Darth Sexy
I read that, and quite enjoyed it, it also confirmed Revan as a male. And that was coming from Bane, a Sith that knew nothing about Revan...

He did what he had to do to make him more powerful.

Revan was indeed a true sith, especially since he gave Bane the idea for the rule of two.

General G
Revan was indeed a true sith, especially since he gave Bane the idea for the rule of two.

You keep saying that, but yet still no substantial proof backing it up, he went to the dark side to try to protect the galaxy and the republic, not for domination or personal gain...he may have given him the idea, but that doesn't make him a true Sith.

Darth Sexy
You keep saying that, but yet still no substantial proof backing it up, he went to the dark side to try to protect the galaxy and the republic, not for domination or personal gain...he may have given him the idea, but that doesn't make him a true Sith.

What the hell do you define as a true sith? A candidate for the sith'ari is not a true sith now?

General G
Why is he a candidate? What did he do? He did not destroy the Sith and make it stronger, and was a Jedi first and even went back to the light even after knowing what he did on the dark, he knew the light was better, you would think a sith'ari would think the opposite.

Darth Sexy
Why is he a candidate? What did he do? He did not destroy the Sith and make it stronger, and was a Jedi first and even went back to the light even after knowing what he did on the dark, he knew the light was better, you would think a sith'ari would think the opposite.

Revan DID destroy the sith and thereby making them stronger as a result of Malachor V. Where do you think Nihilus, Traya, and Sion came from?

Tangible God

Janus X
Nihilus is a Sith Lord. Wookiepedia said so. And they actually provided evidence :O

"Darth Nihilus, the Lord of Hunger, was a Dark Lord of the Sith"

Click that and it directs to...

"Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties"

A Star Wars insider. It says Nihilus is a Sith Lord. I think.

Nikkolas
Yeah I've been wanting to read that but I can't find it anywhere. sad

General G
Revan DID destroy the sith and thereby making them stronger as a result of Malachor V. Where do you think Nihilus, Traya, and Sion came from?

At Malachor V, they weren't fighting the Sith, they were fighting the Mandalorians, so no, he did not destroy the Sith at Malachor V.

Darth Sexy
Except Nihilus isn't a DLOTS, none of those new KOTOR sith are DLOTS.

Darth Hord
At Malachor V, they weren't fighting the Sith, they were fighting the Mandalorians, so no, he did not destroy the Sith at Malachor V.

You miss interpret what he said.Revan destroyed the sith by killing Malak. but he made them stronger by clearing the way for Traya, Sion and Nihilus.

Kadesh

Contradict-
to contradict is to state that something is the opposite of what has been said; It did say THE ravager, I will ask now, do we know if he lifted all the starships at once? Because he could have lifted them up one by one

Nikkolas

If it establishes him as a DLOTS in Evil Never Dies, then he is. There' no arguing it. It's canon.

Indeed he could have.

Darth Sexy

If it establishes him as a DLOTS in Evil Never Dies, then he is. There' no arguing it. It's canon.

Indeed he could have.

Find me that quote in Evil Never Dies, not in wookiepedia, because as far as I remember, Revan was the last DLOTS until Darth Ruin.

Advent
Find me that quote in Evil Never Dies, not in wookiepedia, because as far as I remember, Revan was the last DLOTS until Darth Ruin.

1. Darth Malak was a Dark Lord of the Sith, if you recall.

2. I'll quote this passage Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties:

"Many times the title of "the last Dark Lord" has been erroneously applied. First the Dark Lord Naga Sadow, vanquished by the Galactic Republic in the Great Hyperspace War 5,000 years before the Battle of Yavin, was thought to be the last. Then a thousand years later, the fallen Jedi Exar Kun was considered the last of these dark siders' twisted kind. Then Darth Nihilus . . . then Lord Kaan . . . then Darth Vader."

And from my copy of the New Essential Chronology, page 24:

"A host of Sith Lords rose up to fill the void. Darth Sion, Darth Traya, and Darth Nihilus were among the many to take advantage of the Republic's inability to safeguard its holdings after the Second Sith War."

If Darth Nihilus wasn't an actual Sith Lord, he wouldn't be noted to be such by various sources. Dark Lords of the Sith tend to not take kindly to "pretenders", as evident by Exar Kun, and the Sith Lords Bane and Andeddu, who proclaimed Darth Krayt as one. Kreia even states that "He is one of the Dark Lords that follows you"; although, you can take that for what you will, but it is supported by other materials, which are canon.

Kadesh
So is nihilus a DARK lord of the sith as in the strongest for that era? I think so

Nikkolas
smile Thanks Advent.

Question, though. Is there a lot about Nihiilus in there? If there is and you ever have the time to write some of it out for me, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Yes, I'd also agree Nihilus is the strongest of the KOTOR Era. If the DLOTS is the strongest, that be him. Of course, people will bring up how Revan was the head of the Sith Empire...which is supposedly governed by the mightiest, correct? Still, we dunno where Nihilus was during the time Revan ruled. He might not even ahve been a Sith yet.

Kadesh

Yes, I'd also agree Nihilus is the strongest of the KOTOR Era. If the DLOTS is the strongest, that be him. Of course, people will bring up how Revan was the head of the Sith Empire...which is supposedly governed by the mightiest, correct? Still, we dunno where Nihilus was during the time Revan ruled. He might not even ahve been a Sith yet. Yup, people like s_w_legend like to rant crap that malak > nihilus cuz he ruled the sith empire

Nikkolas
lol Advent has shown Malak doesn't even > Dooku. And as awesome as the Count is, he's not strong enough to take the top ranks of KOTOR. Well, not all of them at least.

Actually, this is a good topic. I'll start one.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Kadesh
Yup, people like s_w_legend like to rant crap that malak > nihilus cuz he ruled the sith empire

Revan was actually the most powerful of the KOTOR era, either him or Kun.

Nikkolas
Okay, so Wookie says the Battle of Malachor V (end of Mando Wars) was 3,960 BBY. And that Kun died 3,996 BBY.

Is Kun really in the KOTOR Era?

And I always thought (before looking up the dates) Kun died long before KOTOR started...huh.

Darth Sexy
Ah maybe yea, Kun was before the KOTOR era. I was referring to the entire TOTJ that covers Kun to Traya.

S_W_LeGenD
Yup, people like s_w_legend like to rant crap that malak > nihilus cuz he ruled the sith empire
People like S_W_LeGenD do not claim that Malak is more powerful then Nihilus. Though it is true that Malak was not a weakling either and was better then Nihilus in Saber Combat at-least.

I have been arguing for Nihilus for a long time in this forum. Unless you were blind or something, everyone have noticed it.

Nikkolas
That's fine with me. I was thinking of making a Top 10 of the KOTOR Era...sometime later today after I look over some more info. But I guess I can make it the Top 10 of the TOTJ Era.

Just for the sake of not getting into an argument with you, here'd be my list...without Nihilus on it.

1. Exar Kun
2. Darth Revan
3. Ulic Quel-Droma
4. Darth Traya
5. Darth Malak
6. Darth Sion/Vodo-Siosk Baas
7. Darth Sion/Vodo-Siosk Baas
8. Nomi Sunrider
9. Darth Bandon

Now, again, this is just my list off the top of my head.

Kadesh
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
People like S_W_LeGenD do not claim that Malak is more powerful then Nihilus. Though it is true that Malak was not a weakling either and was better then Nihilus in Saber Combat at-least.

I have been arguing for Nihilus for a long time in this forum. Unless you were blind or something, everyone have noticed it. Liar, you said malak is superior to nihilus in force mastery etc,

Kadesh
That's fine with me. I was thinking of making a Top 10 of the KOTOR Era...sometime later today after I look over some more info. But I guess I can make it the Top 10 of the TOTJ Era.

Just for the sake of not getting into an argument with you, here'd be my list...without Nihilus on it.

1. Exar Kun
2. Darth Revan
3. Ulic Quel-Droma
4. Darth Traya
5. Darth Malak
6. Darth Sion/Vodo-Siosk Baas
7. Darth Sion/Vodo-Siosk Baas
8. Nomi Sunrider
9. Darth Bandon

Now, again, this is just my list off the top of my head. very good one

Apollo Cloud
1. Darth Sion.
2. Darth Nihilus.
3. Revan.
4. SF Malak.
5. Exar Kun.
6. Exile.
7. Darth Traya.
8. Ulic Quel-Droma.
9. Thon.
10. Bastilla Shan.

Kadesh
SF malak only takes place on the SF, And exar kun can replicate that by using the golden sphere

Nikkolas

Darth Sexy
Yet again Nikkolas, Revan is stronger than Nihilus, get over it.

S_W_LeGenD
Liar, you said malak is superior to nihilus in force mastery etc,
Show me that particular quote of mine...

General G
Yet again Nikkolas, Revan is stronger than Nihilus, get over it.

He really isn't.

Nikkolas
He really isn't.

Quoted for truth.

MasterAshenVor
Nihlius SUCKED HARD! seriously i played KOTOR and if he was that powerful he would have killed me when he first spoke.....Seriously i think SION was like 25% better since he was like invincible

LordGrievous
i dunno i think nihilus is only 2nd to revan in kotor 1 or 2

Tangible God
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Nihlius SUCKED HARD! seriously i played KOTOR and if he was that powerful he would have killed me when he first spoke.....Seriously i think SION was like 25% better since he was like invincible Exactly, if Nihilus was so uber, then he would've just drained the Exile right then and there. So either he's stupid, or his draining takes a while.

Kadesh
Show me that particular quote of mine... I will when i find it, The fact is nihilus > malak

Janus X
Originally posted by Tangible God
Exactly, if Nihilus was so uber, then he would've just drained the Exile right then and there. So either he's stupid, or his draining takes a while.

I think you need to play the game again...

S_W_LeGenD
I will when i find it, The fact is nihilus > malak
Keep trying...

And I do agree that Nihilus > Malak but that does not means that he is superior to Malak in all aspects of the Force.

Kadesh
Keep trying...
Trying is the first step to failure, do or do not (yoda)
I said ill post it when i find it which i cant because you said that um 3-4 months ago?

And I do agree that Nihilus > Malak but that does not means that he is superior to Malak in all aspects of the Force. Then it is settled

Darth Sexy
There is no proof whatsoever that Nihilus' drain is instant.

Advent
Trying is the first step to failure, do or do not (yoda)
I said ill post it when i find it which i cant because you said that um 3-4 months ago?

Then you're on the first step to failing, considering you're trying to search for it (regardless of if you take a hiatus or not).

And only Sith deal in absolutes.

Janus X
There is no proof whatsoever that Nihilus' drain is instant.

Doesn't matter really. If Nihilus decides to drain the force out of you, like he did on a planet, your damn screwed. Unless your Exile.

Nikkolas
I'm telling you, Kadash. I looked up every post SW Legend has that have the words Nihilus and Malak in them and I found that quote from Sith'ari but that's all.

So, there's nothing more about Nihilus in the Evil Never Dies, Advent?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Janus X
Doesn't matter really. If Nihilus decides to drain the force out of you, like he did on a planet, your damn screwed. Unless your Exile. Which in the meantime, a better dueler would kill Nihilus before he can drain them.

Nikkolas
Depends how close they are to each other.

Tangible God
Unless they're sabers are any more than 3 feet, I'm guessing pretty close.

General G
Exactly, if Nihilus was so uber, then he would've just drained the Exile right then and there. So either he's stupid, or his draining takes a while.

He couldn't! The Exile was a wound in the force, he could not be drained like other Jedi and whatnot. Nihilus tried to, but that is why he couldn't. If the Exile were not a wound in the force, I guarantee you he would have died.

Nikkolas
She still would have died if Nihilus hadn't decided to drain her and had just cut off her head.

He had her at his mercy.

General G
Exactly, if he didn't try to drain her and waste his energy, then she would have died. But he did not know about her being a wound in the force, so he had to try it anyways.

Tangible God
Exactly, if he didn't try to drain her and waste his energy, then she would have died. But he did not know about her being a wound in the force, so he had to try it anyways. And what of Visas?

General G
What about her?

Janus X
And what of Visas?

I quote myself again, "Did you play the game", then again I don't blame you, my memory is also faulty.

I think Exile somehow disconnected or severed Visas from the force, thus when Nihilius tried to drain her it failed and weakened him. I forgot, anyone here able to play the Ravager level again? If so, please explain what happens. Although not 100% correct source, heres wikipedia:

Since the Exile had severed her tie to the Force she was basically of his same nature, so when Nihilus tried to feed on her, he exhausted himself and became vulnerable.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Janus X
I quote myself again, "Did you play the game", then again I don't blame you, my memory is also faulty.

I think Exile somehow disconnected or severed Visas from the force, thus when Nihilius tried to drain her it failed and weakened him. I forgot, anyone here able to play the Ravager level again? If so, please explain what happens. Although not 100% correct source, heres wikipedia:

Since the Exile had severed her tie to the Force she was basically of his same nature, so when Nihilus tried to feed on her, he exhausted himself and became vulnerable. I played once, waste of $40.

I think I remember that now, but the quote is directed towards the Exile in Wiki.

This what I'm wondering, after seeing Visas betray him, why didn't he drain her? Why didn't he drain Traya when he and Sion cast her out? What the hell was he waiting for?

That's why I said, his drain either takes a while to take effect, or he can only use so often, or he's a moron driven by instincts. "Get the Exile first, she's a bigger meal. Never mind the other threats I could easily get rid of."

Nikkolas
Game mechanics. He drains the Exile first then fights them all in a lightsaber battle then the next thing that happens is the Exile making a choice of attack. Nihilus never really fought her one-on-one or had the opportunity to drain her.

I recall hearing of a quote about him wanting to humiliate Traya but I'm not sure.

General G
That's why I said, his drain either takes a while to take effect, or he can only use so often, or he's a moron driven by instincts. "Get the Exile first, she's a bigger meal. Never mind the other threats I could easily get rid of."

He was going after the one that threatenned him the most, and if he killed her, then the other two would just be like shooting fish in a barrel.

And the reason I think why he didn't use it so much is because it is like the normal Jedi in the Clone Wars, they had the Force and could easily kill multiple droids at once, but they didn't use it very often, they stuck with their lightsaber, perhaps Nihilus did something similar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.