Question about the name changing service?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ptr_Grifin
I would like to have the user name,

Juggernaut

But a poster already has that user name. The thing is that he only has 4 post and hasn't posted or logged in since Mar 9th, 2004.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=25314

I don't know the rule on how long, if at all, a user can keep the name without logging in.

Lana
Forever.

Old accounts don't get deleted.

Puzzle
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
I would like to have the user name,

Juggernaut

But a poster already has that user name. The thing is that he only has 4 post and hasn't posted or logged in since Mar 9th, 2004.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=25314

I don't know the rule on how long, if at all, a user can keep the name without logging in.

You're S.O.L., unless it is a special circumstance you can't get a name already taken.

You can try modifying the name to suit yourself. IE:

:Juggernaut:
The_Juggernaut
Juggernaut(insert birth year here)

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Lana
Forever.

Old accounts don't get deleted.

I wasn't quite thinking deletion. On another board I visit if the user doesn't log in or post for 4 months you can take their name, but their account is not deleted.

For instance the name Juggernaut. An admin would change the inactive posters name to:

Inactive Juggernaut

or what ever the name is.

Puzzle
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
I wasn't quite thinking deletion. On another board I visit if the user doesn't log in or post for 4 months you can take their name, but their account is not deleted.

For instance the name Juggernaut. An admin would change the inactive posters name to:

Inactive Juggernaut

or what ever the name is.

Well that's not what we do here. We have members who don't login for many months at a time but sooner or later they show back up.

Ptr_Grifin

Puzzle

Ptr_Grifin

Barker

Puzzle

{{QS}}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.