Avengers vs. Authority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Avengers:

Thor
Captain America
Sersi
Quasar
Iron Man
Binary(classic)
Dr. Strange

vs.

Authority:
Apollo
Midnighter
Jack
Engnieer
Swift
Jenny
The Doctor

guy222
Originally posted by the Darkone
Avengers:

Thor
Captain America
Sersi
Quasar
Iron Man
Binary(classic)
Dr. Strange

vs.

Authority:
Apollo
Midnighter
Jack
Engnieer
Swift
Jenny
The Doctor

Does DS have the Infinity Gem

Soljer
Which Doctor, and which Jenny?

DigiMark007
Probably the Avengers. Jenny Q and Doctor might be able to pants Thor and Strange, but it would be close as hell.

And in the meantime, Quasar is a nice #3, Jack would need to be in a huge city to even be a factor, and Apollo, while powerful, is just another brick that will fill space (and probably isn't too much better than Binary).

MN'er would own Cap....but that wouldn't really have an effect on the match.

Soljer
Overall, I think the Doctor (Jeroen) is more powerful than Strange, and Jenny Quantum would definitely take Thor...

Maybe it's just me, though...

Mider999
engineer and the doctor are like big time power houses in the authority since when is quasar and dr strange a avenger im just wondering

the Darkone
Dr. Strange and Jeron The Doctor will cancel each other out, Classic Binary is on another level she has the power of the white hole she is couple notches below DP. Seris alone can handle Jack and Engineer, Thor puts Apollo in a coma.

don't shiv
The Doctor Authority Fractured Worlds

Negotiating expenditure on environment with the cartel which secretly runs the Planet.

Swift says 12.5% of your profits if u default it rises

Cartel start with the "do you know who yr talkin to.....

reads the riot act.

Dr turns the coffee they're Drinkin inta crude oil, speaker gags.

Doctor speaks: give us any shit an I'll turn every millimetre of crude on the planet into shit.

Swift says gentleman 15%

Doctor: make it 17.5.

Doctor turns Strange Thor I.M. and Quasar to Manure quicker'n you can mouth aggamotto

Swift Nanites/ Engineer's light bourne virus alone can shut down the higher brain functions of every Avenger.

DigiMark007
Dr. Strange and Jeron The Doctor will cancel each other out, Classic Binary is on another level she has the power of the white hole she is couple notches below DP. Seris alone can handle Jack and Engineer, Thor puts Apollo in a coma.

If you felt so strongly, why make the thread? Also, you didn't include Jenny in your assessment....a rather large omission, even if the outcome stays the same.

endrict
Cant Jenny Q suck the energy out of Quasar ?????

the Darkone
Originally posted by endrict
Cant Jenny Q suck the energy out of Quasar ?????

No, Binary has the power of the white hole she will handle Jenny Q. I think people forget how powerful Dr. Strange is, The Doctor f**ks around as where Dr. Strange won't. Dr. Strange call upon powers that would straight a$$ rape the Doctor, if you think not you better recognize.

It will come down too numbers game, Jeeny Q and The Doctor will be lefts standing against Dr. Strange, Sersi, Binary, Quasar and Thor, Apollo is tuff but not tough enough take full hit from the hammer which would knock him out earths solar system.

DigiMark007
No, Binary has the power of the white hole she will handle Jenny Q. I think people forget how powerful Dr. Strange is, The Doctor f**ks around as where Dr. Strange won't. Dr. Strange call upon powers that would straight a$$ rape the Doctor, if you think not you better recognize.

Quality debating, surely.

Anyway, Strange has to do spells and incantations for a lot of that. The Doctor can think stuff and it happens. So in the time it takes me to write a couple words he could've done any combination of time travel, telepathic overload, offensive high-level matter manip, making himself a Class Ridiculous brawler, BFR'ing others into different dimensions, etc.

Most of which Strange has counters for, granted. But the element of attack initiative is with Big D, and the other Avengers might be in trouble.

Anyway, after all that, Avengers still win. I agree with you....but just know what you're talking about before asking others to "recognize".

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Quality debating, surely.
It's rare to see Digi be patronizing... I think I like it.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
It's rare to see Digi be patronizing... I think I like it.

I don't like being mean just for the sake of it. But people think I'm incapable of calling someone out if they're being rude (with trolls and such) or if they don't seem to know what they're talking about in a debate. So yeah, happiness and love and forum respect and all....but only to a point.

Milkie
I think The Doctor is a very inconsistent character.

One minute claims are made that it can de-create the universe the next he's struggling to barely stop time.

I say he's limited to the what the Shaman before him knew. Maybe he can't do everything as you people claim.

SpunkySmurph
I don't like being mean just for the sake of it. But people think I'm incapable of calling someone out if they're being rude (with trolls and such) or if they don't seem to know what they're talking about in a debate. So yeah, happiness and love and forum respect and all....but only to a point. Call someone a dumbass... just once... you know you wanna...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Milkie
I think The Doctor is a very inconsistent character.

One minute claims are made that it can de-create the universe the next he's struggling to barely stop time.

I say he's limited to the what the Shaman before him knew. Maybe he can't do everything as you people claim.

You have to realize the circumstances. The "de-create" thing involved him traveling in time to the point of the universe's creation and altering it or seeing that it didn't happen. Comparatively speaking, it's a "smaller" feat than stopping time in a city-wide area.

But yeah, occasionally inconsistent, mainly because half the Authority arcs wouldbe solved in a few pages if they didn't create a plot device to keep him from cutting loose.

Milkie
You have to realize the circumstances. The "de-create" thing involved him traveling in time to the point of the universe's creation and altering it or seeing that it didn't happen. Comparatively speaking, it's a "smaller" feat than stopping time in a city-wide area.

But yeah, occasionally inconsistent, mainly because half the Authority arcs wouldbe solved in a few pages if they didn't create a plot device to keep him from cutting loose.

Ok

But one thing that does get me is when people say "Oh well then... The Doctor will just turn his eyes into cheese" Well pretty much any Magician can do that. The Doctor is just more likely to do it. Most of his feats can be done, countered or undone by other Magician's who know what they're doing. I also think that the absence of anyone who can actually give him a run for his money has deluded people.

DigiMark007
Ok

But one thing that does get me is when people say "Oh well then... The Doctor will just turn his eyes into cheese" Well pretty much any Magician can do that. The Doctor is just more likely to do it. Most of his feats can be done, countered or undone by other Magician's who know what they're doing. I also think that the absence of anyone who can actually give him a run for his money has deluded people.

Possibly, but he's also shown insane versatility beyond just matter manip. So with the "eyes to cheese" I agree with you. But he's hardly a one-trick pony. He's also at least a planetary-level telekinetic, telepath, and can time travel, dimension hop (or send others away), and do a few other random things....all on a whim.

Milkie
Possibly, but he's also shown insane versatility beyond just matter manip. So with the "eyes to cheese" I agree with you. But he's hardly a one-trick pony. He's also at least a planetary-level telekinetic, telepath, and can time travel, dimension hop (or send others away), and do a few other random things....all on a whim.

He does seem to be able to do some things on a whim. That brings me to the part where it's says he has the knowledge of every Shaman before him. Maybe some had a limit to what they could do and maybe there are some things he just cannot do because no Shaman has ever done it before. I don't know, am on to something or am I just talking?

DigiMark007
He does seem to be able to do some things on a whim. That brings me to the part where it's says he has the knowledge of every Shaman before him. Maybe some had a limit to what they could do and maybe there are some things he just cannot do because no Shaman has ever done it before. I don't know, am on to something or am I just talking?

The explanation they give is that each Shaman is more powerful than the last, and that they have the collective experience of those before them (thousands of years altogether).

So it doesn't mean it's impossible if no other Shaman has done something (Jeroen did a TON that the Stormwatch-era Doctor and the evil Doctor didn't do, for example). It just means it's less likely.

He definitely has limits though. He couldn't, say, transmute North America into pudding....but his power + versatility = lots better than any herald type (sans a speedblitz). Someone like Strange may have more total power, but the "think and it happens" skill is useful, and he's every bit Strange's equal in many areas.

Milkie
The explanation they give is that each Shaman is more powerful than the last, and that they have the collective experience of those before them (thousands of years altogether).

So it doesn't mean it's impossible if no other Shaman has done something (Jeroen did a TON that the Stormwatch-era Doctor and the evil Doctor didn't do, for example). It just means it's less likely.

He definitely has limits though. He couldn't, say, transmute North America into pudding....but his power + versatility = lots better than any herald type (sans a speedblitz). Someone like Strange may have more total power, but the "think and it happens" skill is useful, and he's every bit Strange's equal in many areas.

Oh ok.

He does seem to have done things better then others. With prep I say Strange takes him. But a random encounter I don't know. Strange is no push over.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.