do you like gaming with speakers or headphones?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RuthlessRufus
Do you use headphones for gaming or speakers? What to do you use? I use headphones at night and speakers during the day. For headphones I have this set from OTTO: http://www.hearotto.com/Products_OT6.aspx I like them cuz they're comfy and they sound good. For speakers I have an old pair of JBL 4311B's - studio monitors that could stand replacing at this point.

JKozzy
For gaming I use my Bose Freestyle system. Excellent speakers, even better since they were free.

WrathfulDwarf
I only like loudspeakers when playing shooters.

RedAlertv2
Headphones are better in games where sound is crucial (americas army), but I prefer speakers for games where it isnt.

InnerRise
I've never considered using Headphones while playing games. I just turn on my Surround Sound and away I go.

To use headphones seems a bit much.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Morridini
Have no speakers, so use headphones. That way I also get to have as much sound as I want and not have to worry about the other people living in the building.

MadMel
i use headphones, because my dad is in the same room
and because i use teamspeak, and speakers create a terrible scratching echo effect when its being used

Miss_Moon_Shine
I normally use Headphones as i like the sound to be loud.

RuthlessRufus
Don't forget to tell me what kind you use. I'm sort of in the market for new speakers (the ones I have are excellent, but old, and they are too big for the space they're in) so wanna know what people use. Happy with my headphones though, they're brand new. I might get another set from the same company, they have noise cancellation ones I wanna try.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Headphones are better in games where sound is crucial (americas army), but I prefer speakers for games where it isnt.

same here...

BackFire
I use both. During the day I use speakers.

At night, I plug in my headphones as to not wake up my family.

Discos
I have barely used headphones, might give it a try again.

I usually play my games through my DVD speaker system, took me aong time to get the surround sound system the way I want and when using Shooter games it is a wild experience.

...at night? Backfire my man, thats a brilliant idea, I usually have to turn it down to the point where I can't hear it. Headphones at night it is

G U I T A R
I slip on the headphones, I dont need everyone in the house listening to all the cursing and racial jokes goin on in the game, even though it's not funny.........vin

Spartan005
I always use speakers for my 360 (and enjoy BLASTING the surround sound) but since I just moved WoW onto my dad's laptop, which runs about 10,000 times better then on my other computer... I use headphones, and it sounds really really good

Burning thought
only use headphones when i have family, they hurt my ears

ESB -1138
Can't play a game with headphones (well I can't).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.