A Sniper Game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
are there any good games out there which involves alot of Sniper activity.

After seeing the movie "Shooter" I have a healthy (very healthy) urge to use a scope on a sniper rifle.

Medal of Honor doesnt seem to have that many missions, frontline did but I want a new challenge.

I have a PS3, so anything on the playstation format would be nice smile

Discos - cheers,

LinixCobra
3 words: GEARS OF WAR

K73SK
hellz yeah, i was about to say that linix!!!

Morridini
Originally posted by Discos
After seeing the movie "Shooter" I have a healthy (very healthy) urge to use a scope on a sniper rifle.

Why settle for a game? Just stop by Northern Ireland and buy a sniper rifle and have fun!

Anyhow, I'm also interested in Sniper games, there doesn't seem to be many games like that around. I see the two posts here have recommended Gears of War, however I tried it briefly and didn't like it. Any pure Sniper games out there?

General Kaliero
I know there are Sniper style arcade games, but I don't know of any for consoles.

General G
I am not 100% on this, but I was browsing through some games the other day, and I am almost perfectly sure I saw a game that was strictly sniping, I was debating on getting it, I will stop by and give you a name soon.

Hidden Lotus
my cousin had one.
i think it was just called sniper and it was for xbox

General G
Originally posted by Hidden Lotus
my cousin had one.
i think it was just called sniper and it was for xbox

That might be it, but I will double check anyways.

Hidden Lotus
Originally posted by General G
That might be it, but I will double check anyways.

you do that

ESB -1138
Try Halo 2 or some first-person shooter. Most of them have snipers.

jaden101
the sniper rifles in ghost recon are decent enough and the levels open enough to get a good effect

and although i'm in a minority...i liked the sniping in the conflict game series as well

Smasandian
Play online.

Battlefield series, TFC are very fun with snipers. In reality, its actually the only way to get that whole sniping aspect because you literally stake out a place, go to prone, zoom in and let it rip. Because its online, its kinda of more the way snipers operate. In BF series, its fun because you have to find that perfect spot and follow guys through the scope and shoot them when the stop moving. It's wicked.

Sniping in singleplayer game isnt the same because its more of remebering where the guy is and the AI is never that good.

Online, if you miss, the guy runs away and starts to look around to try to find you.

Discos
Originally posted by LinixCobra
3 words: GEARS OF WAR

I have a PS3, so anything on the playstation format would be nice

No can do my man, don't have the xbox.

Haha northern ireland, i quite like my non-prison life at the moment so al stick to the control pad for now.

thanks for the input guys, I will try and have a browse next week when I go into the city.

Discos - only so much sniper-shooting you can do in GTA and then they all scatter away sad

Kazenji
Unreal Tournament make it sniper rifles only

Discos
interesting. Aint played the game since school either.

Discos - cheers

G U I T A R
You need a 360, xbox is all fps games

wuTa
Medal Gear Solid 3 has a sniper level, one of the best levels of the whole game plus its pretty realistic as well.

Discos
never been a bigfan of the xbox...i was so close to buying one and decided not to - 2 months later they take out the 360, phew.

thanks for the recomendations guys, al have a pop at medal gear,

Burnt Pancakes
Okay... if you can't play Gears of War because yo don't have an X-Box, how about...

HALO 2!!!

Rewmac
Sniper Elite

DarkC
Silent Scope.

General G
Originally posted by Rewmac
Sniper Elite

That's it!! eek!

EvilTyrant
I have a PS3 and i have Resistance Fall of Man. Its one hell of a game, you can get a sniper gun a do major damage. Online ppl can customize a match, so you can set it for sniper guns only. I tried this match and after a few minutes I was afraid to move. Max # of ppl in a match is 40. Still dont understand why it didnt win alot of awards + its a launch title. This = must have!!

G U I T A R
never been a bigfan of the xbox...i was so close to buying one and decided not to - 2 months later they take out the 360, phew.

thanks for the recomendations guys, al have a pop at medal gear,
What took out the 360?

Discos
xbox360....?

sniper elite, that looks a mighty fine game, thanks for that recomendations. Probably....Sunday I will get it.

Also resistance: fall of man is a sheeeet hot game, think thats gives the PS3 it's opening boom...with so few titles released along with the PS3, I am glad to see they took out 3 or 4 great ones

Discos - now sonic adventure....what was I thinking?

Kazenji
Originally posted by G U I T A R
You need a 360, xbox is all fps games

and how many of those have a sniper rifle in them to use

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.