Thanos vs All Star Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider999
Thanos

Vs

All Star Superman

TricksterPriest
Hmm. I honestly don't know. Supes has the power advantage, but Thanos has a greater variety of powers. But it may not be enough to overcome the sheer power of Superman. I'd say All-star Supes 6/10 for now.

Martian_mind
AS Supes is so overrated.....

Bouboumaster
Thanos would mope the Floor with nearly all versions of Sups. But this one is maybe to much.

However, with prep, Thanos win. Thanos always win with prep :P

boriquaking55
Allstar Supes isn't as powerful as PC, 1M, or Prime. In fact he's not even close to those versions of Superman (which were downright ridiculous)

Thanos could get majority on AS, I mean AS was strong but that was about it. There was nothing else about him that really was more impressive than run-of-the-mill Superman, if I remember correctly. I still think any competent herald could take him, as would Thanos. Way too versatile.

llagrok
Versatility prevails.

Thanos 7/10

Soljer
As of right now? Thanos.

After a few more issues of All Star? Never know.

BobbyD
AS Superman smiteth the Mad Titan with ease! mad

Wheer! Wheer! Wheer!

Fanboy alert! Fanboy alert!

wacko

stick out tongue

Galan007
Thanos might take the slight majority........... Might

Galan007
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I mean AS was strong but that was about it. There was nothing else about him that really was more impressive than run-of-the-mill Superman, if I remember correctly. Ummm, All-Star has feats to put him WAY over mainstream Superman IMO.

He can create forcefields by extending his own bio-field.

He lifted 200 Quintillion tons with one arm.

He is completely immune to green Kryptonite.

He can project energy blasts.

He is so smart that he created a formula which gives a mortal his powers.

He kept The Sun Eater (Solaris), as a pet.

He traveled so fast, and hit the Bizarro planet with such force, that it moved from our Universe back to the Phantom Zone.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Galan007
He can create forcefields by extending his own bio-field.
ok, DC science ftl. That's just aweful writing. The educated part of me has just died a little inside.

He lifted 200 Quintillion tons with one arm.
Basic strength feat, and wasn't he super -amped by the Sun at the time?

He is completely immune to green Kryptonite.
that probably wouldn't affect this fight.

He can project energy blasts.
I'm sure Thanos is runnin' scared now...

He is so smart that he created a formula which gives a mortal his powers.
Again, that's just idiotic writing.

He kept The Sun Eater (Solaris), as a pet.
This is cool but I fail to see how this is relevant here.

He traveled so fast, and hit the Bizarro planet with such force, that it moved from our Universe back to the Phantom Zone.
I can't believe people eat that bullshit up. Seriously, that feat ..... just .... sounds.........retarded.

All-Star Supes could have been written better by a kid in grade-school, but he sounds like PreCrisis Supes so I give him more of a chance now.

Juntai
Solaris isn't the only Sun Eater, and I don't recall it being mentioned in the issue.. or are you just using it as a point of reference?

Galan007
ok, DC science ftl. That's just aweful writing.

Basic strength feat, even if it was stupid.

that wouldn't affect this fight.

I can't believe people eat that bullshit up. Seriously, that feat ..... just .... sounds.........retarded.

All-Star Supes could have been written better by a kid in grade-school, but he sounds like PreCrisis Supes so I give him more of a chance now. So you pretty much disregard the facts about this character as "bad writing"?

Whatever... srug

My only point is that A/S does have feats to put him well above mainstream Supes IMO...... You said differently, so I had to bring the facts to light. smile

Juntai
ok, DC science ftl. That's just aweful writing.
That actually gives credence to lot of the stuff Superman -- even the non All Star versions -- has done. Extending his bio-field IIRC, was explained in the Byrne revamp as also how he keeps many objects aloft efortlessly once lifted. Also, take a lot at his clones powers... Superboy. Notice most of his stuff is through extending his personal "TTK" field around objects.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
Solaris isn't the only Sun Eater, and I don't recall it being mentioned in the issue.. or are you just using it as a point of reference? Morrison has confirmed the Sun Eater as Solaris in online interviews I've read, but it wasn't mentioned in the issues.

I just brought that up for the hell of it lol...

Juntai
So you pretty much disregard the facts about this character as "bad writing"?

Whatever... srug

My only point is that A/S does have feats to put him well above mainstream Supes IMO...... You said differently, so I had to bring the facts to light. smile Most people on the forum, you'll realise, just put most of Superman's feats-- in any incarnation -- down as PIS and bullshit writing . It's the only reason they still believe a lot of characters can beat Superman ... because they completely disregard evidence of what he can and has done, and in many cases - consistantly..often while touting a while touting something that has no such consistancy.

Galan007
Most people on the forum, you'll realise, just put most of Superman's feats-- in any incarnation -- down as PIS and bullshit writing . It's the only reason they still believe a lot of characters can beat Superman ... because they completely disregard evidence of what he can and has done, and in many cases - consistantly..often while touting a while touting something that has no such consistancy. Yeah, you can pretty much figure that out in any given Superman thread you look at lol.

Galan007
Basic strength feat, and wasn't he super -amped by the Sun at the time? This is a common misconception, so I wanted to address it...

A/S retained that strength.

How do I know this?

Because,

A) The dude is still gaining new powers, (as was revealed in the latest issue).

and

B) He is still dying due to an over absorption of solar energy, (which he is obviously retaining, or he wouldn't be dying).

That feat wasn't just a one time deal, (but alot of people try to disregard it as such)

guy222
Originally posted by Mider999
Thanos

Vs

All Star Superman

thanos falls

Board Walker
ok, DC science ftl. That's just aweful writing. The educated part of me has just died a little inside.

Basic strength feat, and wasn't he super -amped by the Sun at the time?

that probably wouldn't affect this fight.

All-Star Supes could have been written better by a kid in grade-school, but he sounds like PreCrisis Supes so I give him more of a chance now.

lawl talk about a biased hater

Just because you dislike what happened, does not mean its not cannon and part of his character.

AS takes Thanos

roughrider
All-Star Superman is still dying due to sun overexposure, isn't he? His cells are burning out.
Thanos, doing his usual prep, finds this out and simply blasts him with a solar powered weapon to overlode Superman's system; he dies of heart failure.

Board Walker
Originally posted by roughrider
All-Star Superman is still dying due to sun overexposure, isn't he? His cells are burning out.
Thanos, doing his usual prep, finds this out and simply blasts him with a solar powered weapon to overlode Superman's system; he dies of heart failure.

I think its pretty obvious its not really killing him, since hes shown in the future and all, alive and healthy.

Galan007
Thanos, doing his usual prep, finds this out and simply blasts him with a solar powered weapon to overlode Superman's system; he dies of heart failure. Meh,

If that were a feasible option, A/S simply walking outside for any length of time would be a death sentence.

Estacado
It is killing him it was said in the 1st issue.

Galan007
Originally posted by Board Walker
I think its pretty obvious its not really killing him, since hes shown in the future and all, alive and healthy. But we don't know the circumstances as to how A/S got there........ Yet.

Board Walker
Meh,

If that were a feasible option, A/S simply walking outside for any length of time would be a death sentence.

I put AS superman's prep above Thanos.

AS Superman could out prep Thanos in micro seconds. (being serious)

Board Walker
But we don't know the circumstances as to how A/S got there........ Yet.

This is true, but it also shows that he is not going to die from the solar radiation.

Secondly it shows, that he becomes even more powerful

Galan007
Originally posted by Board Walker
I put AS superman's prep above Thanos. I would too, but there wasn't any prep-time specified in this battle. sad Originally posted by Board Walker
This is true, but it also shows that he is not going to die from the solar radiation.

Secondly it shows, that he becomes even more powerful thumb up

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by llagrok
Versatility prevails.

Thanos 7/10
How is Thanos more versatile than Superman ? Almost everything Thanos can do, AS can do also... confused

Estacado
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
How is Thanos more versatile than Superman ? Almost everything Thanos can do, AS can do also... confused
So Superman can matter manipulate ,change the molecular structer of things ,can drain life force ,can teleport ,has telepathy and many more?

Board Walker
Originally posted by Estacado
So Superman can matter manipulate ,change the molecular structer of things ,can drain life force ,can teleport ,has telepathy and many more?

Matter manipulate? Yes

Change molecular Structure? Yes

Drain Life? Yes, as well as give life.

Teleport? With this intelligence and speed yes. Thanos does not have the power too teleport, he uses his tech to allow him to do so; AS could do the same and better.

Telepathy? Yes

Many more? Yes, he can give him self any power or ability he desires, he is able to fully replicate his powers in anyone he chooses.

Estacado
What the f**k?

grey fox
AS gives a LEGITIMATE explanation for Silver Ages 'Pull powers out of my ass' power.

Kid Kurdy
What's the difference between matter manipulation and changing the molecular structure of things ? Are you trying to give Thanos an extra power ?

And since when can Thanos teleport under his own power ? He uses tech to do that.

And what are those "many more" you talk about ?

Juntai
Superman is very versatile in his own right. And yes, he does have telepathy. Can create projections of himself. Has created a boom-tube seemingly by flying fast. Used his heat vision to fix the atmosphere. Rubbed his hands together and sealed an wormhole in the space/time continuum. and hundreds of other things beyond what most consider his basic powerset. And yes, all current Superman...--- All Star only having a handful of issues out however, has not done a lot of these. It's part of the problem of one character with a vast history vs one halfway through its first year..

dvampire
AS Superman wins with ease.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

And since when can Thanos teleport under his own power ? He uses tech to do that.
true enough. He uses tech quite a bit actually.

Galan007
It's part of the problem of one character with a vast history vs one halfway through its first year.. A/S is only getting a 12 issue series.

Juntai
A/S is only getting a 12 issue series. Really? Did they decide to stop at that? Originally Grant was going to do 12, then I thought the intent was to have another writer and artist jump on for 12, and tell a Superman story they wanted to tell, connected or not. Basically free-of-continuity tales of Superman. Same for Bats and the other All Stars they planned on doing?

grey fox
Really? Did they decide to stop at that? Originally Grant was going to do 12, then I thought the intent was to have another writer and artist jump on for 12, and tell a Superman story they wanted to tell, connected or not. Basically free-of-continuity tales of Superman. Same for Bats and the other All Stars they planned on doing?

Huh ?

I heard that it was a whole Grant thing. The first 12 were used to set up the remaining GOKHM.

Galan007
Really? Did they decide to stop at that? Originally Grant was going to do 12, then I thought the intent was to have another writer and artist jump on for 12, and tell a Superman story they wanted to tell, connected or not. Basically free-of-continuity tales of Superman. Same for Bats and the other All Stars they planned on doing? Yeah, what I meant was both Morrison and Quietly have stated they will be leaving after issue 12...

I personally hope the series stops there, otherwise the superior artwork and storytelling will change, (for the worse more than likely). sad

They just need to quit while they're ahead, or they will risk ruining this awesome character IMO.

Bentley
After reading this I think Superman wins. This is such a shitty incarnation!

Galan007
Originally posted by Bentley
This is such a shitty incarnation! Why?

Because he's powerful, and hard to beat? confused

Skeets
All Star Supes has Matter Manipulation and telepathy?Or is Board walker being Board walker...ermmnone

Bentley
I don't like characters that are night invincible and uni-dimensional, the one thing they can make to transform Superman in a worse character is making him more and more powerful.

Galan007
the one thing they can make to transform Superman in a worse character is making him more and more powerful. Meh,

If you actually read the series before you judged it, you would know it's one of the best out there. erm

Juntai
I don't like characters that are night invincible and uni-dimensional, the one thing they can make to transform Superman in a worse character is making him more and more powerful. Well, he gets more and more powerful all the time. Even regular Supes. He gets new powers and amps in power by simply being under the sun longer. I'm not talking issue to issue, but more year to year... Compare current Superman to late 80's or early 90's Superman to see the effects dramatically. Or compare to "Leap tall buildings, faster than a speeding bullet" Earth 2 Superan, to how we saw him in Crisis on Infinite Earths or Infinite Crisis.
It's part of the character, has been since he was created.

Juntai
Meh,

If you actually read the series before you judged it, you would know it's one of the best out there. erm Correct, it's one of the best books out there right now. It's like a breath of fresh to me. Not a lot of thinking, but a lot of entertainment, good stories, and good art.

Galan007
Correct, it's one of the best books out there right now. It's like a breath of fresh to me. Not a lot of thinking, but a lot of entertainment, good stories, and good art. Absolutely!

Board Walker
Originally posted by Skeets
All Star Supes has Matter Manipulation and telepathy?Or is Board walker being Board walker...ermmnone

90% of what I say concerning DC is true.

You can ask Galan, Juanti, or Avy to verify if you doubt.

Juntai
Originally posted by Skeets
All Star Supes has Matter Manipulation and telepathy?Or is Board walker being Board walker...ermmnone Check the All Star Superman respect thread.
Given that it's a handful of issues, the thread isn't too long.

Galan007
embarrasment

Juntai
Thanks to Galan for our All Star Supes respect thread. rock

grey fox
Thanks to Galan for our All Star Supes respect thread. rock

Damn straight

Galan007
Thanks guys. embarrasment

roughrider
A/S is only getting a 12 issue series.

Maybe DC isn't liking what they see in having All-Star versions. Batman is certainly an embarrassment. They haven't been going as radical as Ultimate Marvel.

Juntai
Maybe DC isn't liking what they see in having All-Star versions. Batman is certainly an embarrassment. They haven't been going as radical as Ultimate Marvel. And people make a sort of rejoice thread every time an issue of Ultimates comes out.

The sales of each All Star comic are still pretty staggering, before it's hiatus, check out BM&RAS's numbers, alongside Superman. They should definately be liking that.

Big Sexy
And people make a sort of rejoice thread every time an issue of Ultimates comes out.

The sales of each All Star comic are still pretty staggering, before it's hiatus, check out BM&RAS's numbers, alongside Superman. They should definately be liking that. I gotta admit I enjoy a lot of the ultimate series. Ultimate Spiderman has been a consistently great series. The ultimates have great stories also ( event though it seems that the ultimates and All Star Batman are in a contest to see who can delay their book the longest).

Mider999
Well, he gets more and more powerful all the time. Even regular Supes. He gets new powers and amps in power by simply being under the sun longer. I'm not talking issue to issue, but more year to year... Compare current Superman to late 80's or early 90's Superman to see the effects dramatically. Or compare to "Leap tall buildings, faster than a speeding bullet" Earth 2 Superan, to how we saw him in Crisis on Infinite Earths or Infinite Crisis.
It's part of the character, has been since he was created.

thanos does do doesnt he? get more powers all the time.

redhotrash
Im happy to hear someone else call this Childish writing. It makes me think of 2 kids arguing on a playground. "Yeah well my hero can lift a billion pounds!" "Oh yeah, well mine can lift.... 100 quintillon pounds!"
"Oh yeah! Well mine can do twice that... with 1 hand!". Seriously, how do you write that? While we are at it, lets take away his only known weaknesses, make him a genius (because knowledge is really a power someone can just gain overnight) and lets have him defy logic by playing marbles with planets. All he needs is telepathy and ninja training.

Mider999
what you talking about redhottrash, its always childish righting, with thanos too, oh look at thanos go he's not only stronger then one herald now he can kick all there butts, or oh my gosh now he can take on odin, or LOOK HE'S ACTUALLY NOT DIEING FROM HIS FIGHT WITH TYRANT EEP!

OneDumbG0
Most people on the forum, you'll realise, just put most of Superman's feats-- in any incarnation -- down as PIS and bullshit writing . It's the only reason they still believe a lot of characters can beat Superman ... because they completely disregard evidence of what he can and has done, and in many cases - consistantly..often while touting a while touting something that has no such consistancy. What feats are you referring to? Because I almost never cite PIS, indeed I make a conscious effort to explain instances, but I at the same time, do believe plenty of people can beat Superman.
Superman is very versatile in his own right. And yes, he does have telepathy. Can create projections of himself. Has created a boom-tube seemingly by flying fast. Used his heat vision to fix the atmosphere. Rubbed his hands together and sealed an wormhole in the space/time continuum. and hundreds of other things beyond what most consider his basic powerset. And yes, all current Superman...--- All Star only having a handful of issues out however, has not done a lot of these. It's part of the problem of one character with a vast history vs one halfway through its first year.. Ah, so you and nvrbeenwthagrl are grasping at his so-called 'boom-tube feat' in Superman/Batman. I think that it is eminently more reasonable to assume that he had a motherbox with him at the time. Indeed, he used a motherbox to travel to Apokolips the first time. He also completely planned the Darkseid encounter. There is no spontaneity element in the encounter. Therefore, if he intended to take him to the Source Wall, it would be logical for him to carry a motherbox with him in order to carry out the plan.

The fact that he used it prior to the boom-tube feat and that he was conscious of where he would take Darkseid is evidence that he had it with him, rather than him creating the boom-tube solo. Indeed, the inherent weakness in this argument is that he never commented, nor thought, nor exhibited any capability in the story to do it solo. The fact that he used a motherbox prior and was aware of Darkseid's arrival tips the argument towards the motherbox theory. Just my two cents.

The heatvision fixing the atmosphere. Can you elucidate that feat for me? I remember the one where he fixed the gravity of Earth with hv and ice-breath.

And personally, I am not impressed by his handling of the tear of reality by rubbing his hands together. All he did was create a massive amount of static electricity to create a field to contain it. He did not actually fix the tear, as it still remained. All he did was create a heavy electromagnetic field around it.

redhotrash
Think back to when Superman was created. Were there any powers out at that time they didnt give superman aside from telepathy and invisibility? He was flawed from the start, and has been made worse by writers conducting their comics like Dragon Ball Z episodes.
As for Thanos, yes he has gotten ridiculously strong, but thats the point of the character. He is "That big badguy" that the heroes need to rally against. Ever since he was created, his main driving point has basically been gaining power, through physical, mystical, and technological means. Villains are supposed to be the ones pulling off these feats.

Mider999
i know he's like big bad villain but i never see dr doom fighting tyrant and not breaking so much as a bone JUST cause, or fighting odin and not being mauled, when dr doom tried getting powers in secret wars, he almost got toasted by galactus, and again before that kang almost took him out. Im just saying that just cause its thanos doesnt mean he should be beating everyone in marvel, is there anyone who doesnt job to him.

Mider999
and im not a superman fan the guy can slip on a banana peal and die, I CAN LIFT MILLIONS OF POUNDS, AND FLY FAST ENOUGH TO CREATE A BOOM TUBE WHAT CAN YOU DO AGAINST ME HAHAHA........i can do this.........takes out a banana peel...........SUPERMAN GASP OH NO NOT THAT! SLIPS AND BREAKS HIS NECK

redhotrash
Thanos and Dr. Doom are on different levels. Thanos is a universal threat. Dr. Doom is a more earthbound enemy who is able to occasionally challenge the galatic level ones (which is part of his charm).

Mider999
yeah but when doom got the powers of the beyonder he became a universal threat actually omniversal probably.

redhotrash
Did Doom overpower anyone to get those powers? No, he did it tactfully. He came up with a plan and played it out through the entire Secret Wars. Things like that make Dr. Doom one of the most respected villains in Comics.

Juntai
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
What feats are you referring to? Because I almost never cite PIS, indeed I make a conscious effort to explain instances, but I at the same time, do believe plenty of people can beat Superman.
Ah, so you and nvrbeenwthagrl are grasping at his so-called 'boom-tube feat' in Superman/Batman. I think that it is eminently more reasonable to assume that he had a motherbox with him at the time. Indeed, he used a motherbox to travel to Apokolips the first time. He also completely planned the Darkseid encounter. There is no spontaneity element in the encounter. Therefore, if he intended to take him to the Source Wall, it would be logical for him to carry a motherbox with him in order to carry out the plan.

The fact that he used it prior to the boom-tube feat and that he was conscious of where he would take Darkseid is evidence that he had it with him, rather than him creating the boom-tube solo. Indeed, the inherent weakness in this argument is that he never commented, nor thought, nor exhibited any capability in the story to do it solo. The fact that he used a motherbox prior and was aware of Darkseid's arrival tips the argument towards the motherbox theory. Just my two cents.

The heatvision fixing the atmosphere. Can you elucidate that feat for me? I remember the one where he fixed the gravity of Earth with hv and ice-breath.

And personally, I am not impressed by his handling of the tear of reality by rubbing his hands together. All he did was create a massive amount of static electricity to create a field to contain it. He did not actually fix the tear, as it still remained. All he did was create a heavy electromagnetic field around it. All respectable points of view for sure -- rare from you -- and I wasn't specifically pointing you out in the above post about how people throw away his feats, as I generally don't reference you or read your posts at all, given the way you overrationalise hyperbole to some characters, while downplaying others. Take the Tenebrous and Aegis vs Spectre thread for instance.

Actually, in Superman/Batman, what page exactly was he depicted as opening a Boom Tube, or having a motherbox, or anything of the sort?
Granted, I do believe it's could be rationalised that he may have had some boom tube tech on him, however, the story never wrote as much, or depicted such on panel iirc.

OneDumbG0
All respectable points of view for sure -- rare from you -- and I wasn't specifically pointing you out in the above post about how people throw away his feats, as I generally don't reference you or read your posts at all, given the way you overrationalise hyperbole to some characters, while downplaying others. Take the Tenebrous and Aegis vs Spectre thread for instance.

Actually, in Superman/Batman, what page exactly was he depicted as opening a Boom Tube, or having a motherbox, or anything of the sort?
Granted, I do believe it's could be rationalised that he may have had some boom tube tech on him, however, the story never wrote as much, or depicted such on panel iirc. You have points of view that I consider reasonable as well. But it is apparent to me that you are perfectly willing to assume anything favorable to your position or your character, even though an equally or more plausible explanation exists. And the only leap of logic I made in T&A thread was that they a part of cosmic consonance like Galactus, considering their origins, their so-called roles as Proemiel Elders and their status as the only 3 Proemiel Elders left. I don't consider that hyperbole in the least. I made an analogy and projected similarities to make a point. Are you referring to some other "hyperbole," I made in that thread? Just because you don't believe Spectre to be beatable, doesn't change the fact that Spectre has been pantsed, manipulated, made mistakes, and forced to steal magic to win. And just because you are so quickly and perfectly willing to assume that all those are PIS-driven, doesn't mean that others are. It's only logical that most people on these forums start bringing him down a notch.

I don't have my comics in my NYC apartment. I leave em in my parent's house, there are just too many. But when they first go to and leave from Apokolips, they do have motherboxes with them. They make specific references to them. Your only rationalization that he did it himself is that they didn't depict him clicking one on. That is indeed, your sole reasoning for it. It is completely circumstantial. Considering they had motherboxes with them on their rescue mission and they are never depicted on panel to be holding them, it makes the later scene consistent with the artist's choice of depiction. Indeed, Turner was too lazy to even show what his interpretation of a motherbox was. That combined with Superman never hinting, thinking or showing such an ability beforehand and since then, makes your reasoning facially weak. Indeed, some of your contemporaries are not willing to go so far and assume as much as you do, batdude123, for instance. My reasoning is not just rational. It is obvious.

And you still didn't answer my question. What feat of Superman's do you think Superman-haters consider to be PIS? In my opinion, he's done nothing that you couldn't find another character doing or surpassing.

redhotrash
Mider, I really cant understand where your coming from... You keep comparing Dr. Doom to Thanos. Why not compare Stiltman to Thanos then? They are different level characters. Really not sure what you dont understand about this.

grey fox
Originally posted by redhotrash
Mider, I really cant understand where your coming from... You keep comparing Dr. Doom to Thanos. Why not compare Stiltman to Thanos then? They are different level characters. Really not sure what you dont understand about this.

Because Doom IS Thanos.

Thanos just operates on a larger scale and has a set of nifty eternal cosmic powers.

TricksterPriest
Thanos has a better personality and he's Death's sugar daddy. laughing Not to mention Thanos is at least 2-3x as smart as Doom.

redhotrash
Like Doom better personally, he does more with what hes got.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Thanos has a better personality and he's Death's sugar daddy. laughing Not to mention Thanos is at least 2-3x as smart as Doom.

That's why I said 'On a larger scale' . Thus you scale everything (intelligence included) up appropriately.

Mider999
who else can i compare thanos to, there is nobody in marvel like him but he respects doom he said so himself in thanos the end.

TricksterPriest
yes As Thanos himself said: "For I am Thanos, a unique being in any reality."

There is no one like him. But yes, I would consider Doom a peer, if not in ability, then in personality and drive.

Evil_Ash
He's human. That's the only reason anyone likes Doom more than Thanos.

Fanboys can draw their erotic manga style-like pictures of Doom with their crappy fan-made character and write adult fiction about Doom without have to worry that he's some big ugly purple turtle.

Get it? dur

redhotrash
Doom has style and pizzazz damn it. As for Superman, it wouldnt surprise me of they gave him these retarded power boosts just so he wins the "Who'd win" arguments.

grey fox
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
He's human. That's the only reason anyone likes Doom more than Thanos.

Fanboys can draw their erotic manga style-like pictures of Doom with their crappy fan-made character and write adult fiction about Doom without have to worry that he's some big ugly purple turtle.

Get it? dur

Actualy there's very little Doom/OC pictures that I know of.

Let's check the adult fiction...............

laughing out loud

Thanos ACTUALY has MORE then DOOM !!!!

laughing laughing laughing

TricksterPriest
laughing Really? Like where? I've never seen a single lemon fic with Thanos in it.

Juntai
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
You have points of view that I consider reasonable as well. But it is apparent to me that you are perfectly willing to assume anything favorable to your position or your character, even though an equally or more plausible explanation exists. And the only leap of logic I made in T&A thread was that they a part of cosmic consonance like Galactus, considering their origins, their so-called roles as Proemiel Elders and their status as the only 3 Proemiel Elders left. I don't consider that hyperbole in the least. I made an analogy and projected similarities to make a point. Are you referring to some other "hyperbole," I made in that thread? Just because you don't believe Spectre to be beatable, doesn't change the fact that Spectre has been pantsed, manipulated, made mistakes, and forced to steal magic to win. And just because you are so quickly and perfectly willing to assume that all those are PIS-driven, doesn't mean that others are. It's only logical that most people on these forums start bringing him down a notch.

I don't have my comics in my NYC apartment. I leave em in my parent's house, there are just too many. But when they first go to and leave from Apokolips, they do have motherboxes with them. They make specific references to them. Your only rationalization that he did it himself is that they didn't depict him clicking one on. That is indeed, your sole reasoning for it. It is completely circumstantial. Considering they had motherboxes with them on their rescue mission and they are never depicted on panel to be holding them, it makes the later scene consistent with the artist's choice of depiction. Indeed, Turner was too lazy to even show what his interpretation of a motherbox was. That combined with Superman never hinting, thinking or showing such an ability beforehand and since then, makes your reasoning facially weak. Indeed, some of your contemporaries are not willing to go so far and assume as much as you do, batdude123, for instance. My reasoning is not just rational. It is obvious.

And you still didn't answer my question. What feat of Superman's do you think Superman-haters consider to be PIS? In my opinion, he's done nothing that you couldn't find another character doing or surpassing. However, the only person ever mentioning a boomtube or a motherbox prior to leaving is Barda, and her only mentioning of it was her reiterating the fact she is indeed the one with the motherbox as to why she should be allowed to go. The only other person we see doing anything with Barda's tech other than Barda, is Batman asking to borrow armor.

I dunno, let me grab a few instances for example;

Originally posted by llagrok
Didn't Darkseid lose to Superman? Was the PIS?

Haven't read the fight myself, can't say.
Even though he's done so, three times in the past few years?

This one is from Superman heat visioning Despero.
Wait isn't that from the same series where Batman beat Solomon Grundy in a h2h fight?
Stop using PIS as evidence!!!!!

How about regarding his willing off magic and magic effects?
Originally posted by Milkie
You're trying to make it out like he can fight off magic. Most of his magic showings are PIS. DC doesn't want their boy scout to lose all the time. Funny how magic works on other magical characters but not Superman roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is just from a minute or two of searching. I could easily go on.
Superman was voted to be the most hated character on the forum a handful of months ago, so it's easy to see why this takes place.

redhotrash
Superman shouldnt have any damn magic resistance! Ugh I cant stand what they do with him.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing Really? Like where? I've never seen a single lemon fic with Thanos in it.

Shazam !

http://www.superstories.net/story/character/Thanos.html

OneDumbG0
However, the only person ever mentioning a boomtube or a motherbox prior to leaving is Barda, and her only mentioning of it was her reiterating the fact she is indeed the one with the motherbox as to why she should be allowed to go. The only other person we see doing anything with Barda's tech other than Barda, is Batman asking to borrow armor.Batman specifically stated that a motherbox was protecting him when Darkseid was pounding on him. Go to the panel where they open a boom-tube and they carry off Kara. Do we see anybody taking out a motherbox or saying anything to a motherbox or even the motherbox being depicted at all? No. So it's consistent later on when a boom-tube opens but we don't actually see a mortherbox. And thanks for pointing this out: The fact that Barda forced Superman to take her along because he needed the motherbox to get to Apokolips is truly evidence that Superman couldn't make a boom-tube and needed one later on. I forgot about that little blackmailing that Barda pulled. Thanks for strengthening my argument.
I dunno, let me grab a few instances for example;

Even though he's done so, three times in the past few years?

This one is from Superman heat visioning Despero.

How about regarding his willing off magic and magic effects?

This is just from a minute or two of searching. I could easily go on.
Superman was voted to be the most hated character on the forum a handful of months ago, so it's easy to see why this takes place. Most people who hate the facts that Superman has beaten Darkseid and Despero are Darkseid and Despero fans. I never took issue with them. Captain America has willed off the effects of magic and goddesses. Superman doing so is no surprise to me. Such instances do not have to be written off to explain their occurrences. There is almost always a pretty simple and valid explanation for it. I do however, take issue with choosing the far-fetched conclusions when an easier solution is just as capable of explaining the incredulity of the scene.

redhotrash
Show me anything that says Captain America can take Dr. Strange

OneDumbG0
Are you asking me? He hasn't resisted Dr. Strange, not to my knowledge. However, he has fought off the magic from the Enchantress in 'Secret Wars.' I'm not sure I understand the point of your question.

Galan007
Maybe DC isn't liking what they see in having All-Star versions. Batman is certainly an embarrassment. A/S Supes is an excellent selling book for DC, so my guess is that they are liking it quite a bit. smile

And A/S Batman is a pretty good book, and now that it's back on track, it won't be such an embarrassment.Originally posted by Big Sexy
( event though it seems that the ultimates and All Star Batman are in a contest to see who can delay their book the longest). Meh,

A/S Batman should take that trophy easy. laughing out loud

masterbruce
A/S Supes is an excellent selling book for DC, so my guess is that they are liking it quite a bit. smile

And A/S Batman is a pretty good book, and now that it's back on track, it won't be such an embarrassment. Meh,

A/S Batman should take that trophy easy. laughing out loud

Is ASBatman an amped up version of Batman?

Madvillain
Thanos ftw.

Galan007
Originally posted by masterbruce
Is ASBatman an amped up version of Batman? Not really,

But IMO it's a pretty good read, (not quite as good as A/S Superman though). laughing out loud

masterbruce
Not really,

But IMO it's a pretty good read, (not quite as good as A/S Superman though). laughing out loud

ah ok...so what's the difference between AS Batman and regular Batman, if any?

Galan007
ah ok...so what's the difference between AS Batman and regular Batman, if any? Not a whole lot.

A/S Batman is a little more grungy, (eg. Not afraid to slap up Alfred) laughing out loud

But I haven't noticed too much more a a difference besides that.

masterbruce
Not a whole lot.

A/S Batman is a little more grungy, (eg. Not afraid to slap up Alfred) laughing out loud

But I haven't noticed too much more a a difference besides that.

slap Alfred...wtf?

Galan007
slap Alfred...wtf? Yeah, Bats about kicked his ass for giving Robin a cheeseburger... laughing

masterbruce
Yeah, Bats about kicked his ass for giving Robin a cheeseburger... laughing

laughing eek! laughing out loud laughing friggin awesome

Galan007
laughing eek! laughing out loud laughing friggin awesome yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.