Firestorm vs Silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexyking
A battle to the death who wins?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Which SS is this? Which Firestorm is this?

Starhawk
Firestorm, he has survived worse then the power cosmic. If it's Elemental Firestorm, he swats SS like a gnat.

guy222
Originally posted by sexyking
A battle to the death who wins?

firestorm

YFZ 350
I like FS in this fight. He seems to put his powers to better use in combat.

Supreme being
Firestorm for the win.

UniOmni
Surfer

Redatom65
Originally posted by Starhawk
Firestorm, he has survived worse then the power cosmic. If it's Elemental Firestorm, he swats SS like a gnat.

it's very cool to have a firestorm fan here. cool

Now then, I think the Surfer grabs the majority.....

Faceman
Surfer of course.

Starhawk
Not of course. Firestorm has suffered through worse then the power cosmic. And do not quote SS beating agies and tenebrous because that was PIS on PMS.

And as I said if we're talking Elemental Firestorm, then he squashes SS like a bug.

Redatom65
Not of course. Firestorm has suffered through worse then the power cosmic. And do not quote SS beating agies and tenebrous because that was PIS on PMS.

And as I said if we're talking Elemental Firestorm, then he squashes SS like a bug.

when's the last time we even saw the professor dude

Starhawk
Originally posted by Redatom65
when's the last time we even saw the professor dude

Do you read Firestorm at all? Since it got cancelled for lack of readership I assume no?

Redatom65
Do you read Firestorm at all? Since it got cancelled for lack of readership I assume no?

I'm referring to the fact that Ronnie Raymond and the professor, and the professor is the elemental firestorm, while ronnie was the earth based one. No, I haven't gotten the chance to read Jason Rusch's series, why? Because I live 3 towns away from a comic shop no expression

Validus
LOL @ Firestorm being overrated here. I guess everyone has their time to shine on KMC. At least it happened to a good character for once.

TricksterPriest
I happen to like Firestorm alot. The concept of a smart hero who uses physics has always impressed me. And yes, the proffessor is back. Though Darkseid just grabbed him from the matrix and dragged him to Apokolops.

Anyways, Firestorm loses. Against a lesser opponent, he'd do great. Unfortunately, the PC is a little too much for him. Not to mention Surfer is probably the best of Galactus's regular heralds when it comes to innovative uses of it.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Validus
LOL @ Firestorm being overrated here. I guess everyone has their time to shine on KMC. At least it happened to a good character for once.

Good character? haermm, Firestorm?

You always were good for a laugh ermm

grey fox
Black Hole ftw

Validus
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Good character? haermm, Firestorm?

You always were good for a laugh ermm
I aim to please. ermmnone

Badabing
Surfer ftw. badabing

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Validus
I aim to please. ermmnone

I thought that was only after nine? disgust

Validus
All day, baby! ermmdance

Soljer
Surfer for a majority.

Starhawk
I'm referring to the fact that Ronnie Raymond and the professor, and the professor is the elemental firestorm, while ronnie was the earth based one. No, I haven't gotten the chance to read Jason Rusch's series, why? Because I live 3 towns away from a comic shop no expression

Don't worry not allot of people read it.

Still I admit SS might give normal Firestorm a battle, but Elemental Firestom would use SS for a toothpick.

Redatom65
Don't worry not allot of people read it.

Still I admit SS might give normal Firestorm a battle, but Elemental Firestom would use SS for a toothpick.

I fricken love Ronnie Raymond, i love the character's power set and they fuction. i don't love jason yet, Haven't read anything with him yet

Starhawk
His powers are different, he can fuse with anyone to create Firestorm but who he fuses with has an effect on his powerlevel. I still prefer Ronnie as well with The Prof as Elemental Firestorm.

Redatom65
His powers are different, he can fuse with anyone to create Firestorm but who he fuses with has an effect on his powerlevel. I still prefer Ronnie as well with The Prof as Elemental Firestorm.

if I recall correctly what made the professor an elemental in the first place is the fact that he knew how to manipulate everything to a much more superior degree. But when's the last time we saw the elemental firestorm character anyway? erm Problem with Firestorm is he's always been a B-/C+ character in DC's eyes, and he suffered for it. Like we didn't even know Ronnie died til Infinite Crisis, and it was soooo weak. shrug I don't think they'll make the same mistakes with Jason though...hopefully

YFZ 350
The new Firestorm series was cancelled?

Redatom65
Originally posted by YFZ 350
The new Firestorm series was cancelled?

yeah, but I think he has a big role in Countdown...

Starhawk
if I recall correctly what made the professor an elemental in the first place is the fact that he knew how to manipulate everything to a much more superior degree. But when's the last time we saw the elemental firestorm character anyway? erm Problem with Firestorm is he's always been a B-/C+ character in DC's eyes, and he suffered for it. Like we didn't even know Ronnie died til Infinite Crisis, and it was soooo weak. shrug I don't think they'll make the same mistakes with Jason though...hopefully

Basically the Firestorm matrix works like the Phoenix Force. It's the force of creation in the DCU, there have been many hosts and the matrix exits in the multiverse. Martin Stein was able to become Elemental Firestorm because much like Jean Grey is the perfect host for the Phoenix Force, Stein is the most compatible host for the Matrix.

Stein is the only person who can access the Firestorm Matrix while outside the Matrix itself.

During Infinite Crisis he turned back into his human form to become Jason's tutor so he could properly use the power of Firestorm.

I will do a respect thread soon.

Board Walker
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I happen to like Firestorm alot. The concept of a smart hero who uses physics has always impressed me. And yes, the proffessor is back. Though Darkseid just grabbed him from the matrix and dragged him to Apokolops.

Anyways, Firestorm loses. Against a lesser opponent, he'd do great. Unfortunately, the PC is a little too much for him. Not to mention Surfer is probably the best of Galactus's regular heralds when it comes to innovative uses of it.

Power cosmic > FS matrix?

No, just no...

UniOmni
Power Cosmic on average >> Firestorms Nuclear Powers.

Redatom65
Basically the Firestorm matrix works like the Phoenix Force. It's the force of creation in the DCU, there have been many hosts and the matrix exits in the multiverse. Martin Stein was able to become Elemental Firestorm because much like Jean Grey is the perfect host for the Phoenix Force, Stein is the most compatible host for the Matrix.

Stein is the only person who can access the Firestorm Matrix while outside the Matrix itself.

During Infinite Crisis he turned back into his human form to become Jason's tutor so he could properly use the power of Firestorm.

I will do a respect thread soon.

buddy, you gotta join my team

Starhawk
buddy, you gotta join my team

Sure, tell me more about it.

Galan007
but Elemental Firestom would use SS for a toothpick. Elemental Firestorm's greatest feats...

Defeating the Air and Water Elementals
Defeating Brimstone on the Sun

But in the end, he couldn't even resist the force of a Black Hole. erm

Regular Firestorm on the other hand has shown the ability to manipulate Darkseid's own Omega Force.

Firestorm ftw.

Priest
Originally posted by grey fox
Black Hole ftw

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
I never really understood that...

Elemental Firestorm gets pwned by a black hole, yet the current Firestorm can summon boom tubes and the like, at will?

wtf?

Priest
Originally posted by Galan007
I never really understood that...

Elemental Firestorm gets pwned by a black hole, yet the current Firestorm can summon boom tubes and the like, at will?

wtf?
Thats odd, I always thought that Elemental>Currenet version of FS..im i correct?

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
Thats odd, I always thought that Elemental>Currenet version of FS..im i correct? Well, he's supposed to be.

Kind of like Superman Prime is supposed to be the most powerful Superman.

But on panel feats would suggest otherwise lol.

Personally,

I have seen greater feats from normal Firestorm, then I have from Elemental Firestorm.

Photon009
Surfer wins easily.

Galan007
Originally posted by Photon009
Surfer wins easily. Easily, ey?

How so?

Photon009
Easily, ey?

How so?

He's flatout on a level above Firestorm, simply more powerful. Firestom i would place around the level of Air-Walker or Nova.

Galan007
He's flatout on a level above Firestorm, simply more powerful. Firestom i would place around the level of Air-Walker or Nova. You didn't answer the question though...

If Surfer would beat FS that easily, surely you can tell me how he would do that?

Estacado
He's flatout on a level above Firestorm, simply more powerful. Firestom i would place around the level of Air-Walker or Nova.
Firestorm on the level of Nova??????
crylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaugh

Photon009
You didn't answer the question though...

If Surfer would beat FS that easily, surely you can tell me how he would do that?

When someone's flatout more powerful than someone else, usually how does the more powerful person win? By straight-up beating the hell out of the weaker guy.

Galan007
When someone's flatout more powerful than someone else, usually how does the more powerful person win? By straight-up beating the hell out of the weaker guy. Again, how?

Because I certainly don't see SS taking this in a curbstomp. confused

Photon009
Again, how?

Because I certainly don't see SS taking this in a curbstomp. confused

I dont know what you want me to say dude. Surfer just beats his ass. Blasts him out, punches him out, basically however Surfer feels like beating Firestorm, he will.

Galan007
Surfer just beats his ass. Blasts him out, punches him out, basically however Surfer feels like beating Firestorm, he will. lol.

Estacado
Originally posted by Estacado
Firestorm on the level of Nova??????
crylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaugh

Photon009

Nah i'd personally place him a little above Nova, around original Air-Walker's level. But still, not nearly as powerful as the top heralds like Firelord, Morg, and most importantly for this debate, Surfer.

Estacado
Firestorm just beat Orion and a powered up Kalibak.

Photon009
Firestorm just beat Orion.

Okay, thats pretty much his best win ever. Or one of them. Surfer's beat Aegis and Tenebrous, and Uni-Lord, and Ravenous, and Firelord, and Quasar, and Terrax, and Morg, and a shitload of others. Firestorm is outmatched here. And Orion is overrated.

Juntai
Firestorm just beat Orion and a powered up Kalibak. Eh, he slowed down Orion, though I'll admit he had the upper hand it seemed.

Galan007
Surfer's beat Aegis and Tenebrouslol.

And Orion is overrated. Same as above. no expression

Galan007
Firestorm just beat Orion and a powered up Kalibak. Kalibak pwned Orion, Firestorm pwned Kalibak. smile

starlock
Okay, thats pretty much his best win ever. Or one of them. Surfer's beat Aegis and Tenebrous, and Uni-Lord, and Ravenous, and Firelord, and Quasar, and Terrax, and Morg, and a shitload of others. Firestorm is outmatched here. And Orion is overrated.

Quasar let him win-IMO quasar beats surfer for the majority
Tenebreus and aegis -cmon that was not a true win

i think surfer for the majority-but it will be a hard fight IMO

Big Sexy
Kalibak pwned Orion, Firestorm pwned Kalibak. smile Was the kalibak thing recent because mostly every time me meets orion hes beaten into the floor.

Galan007
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Was the kalibak thing recent because mostly every time me meets orion hes beaten into the floor. yes

In the latest issue of Firestorm, Kalibak's power had been greatly amped, and he beat Orion pretty damn easy.

Then Firestorm beat Kalibak without too much effort.

Juntai
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Was the kalibak thing recent because mostly every time me meets orion hes beaten into the floor. Darkseid has granted Kalibak more power. Darkseid himself however was even more impressive, when he arrived on the scene.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
Darkseid has granted Kalibak more power. Darkseid himself however was even more impressive, when he arrived on the scene. yes

Photon009
Darkseid's an overrated punk. Darkseid himself loses to Surfer.

Juntai
Darkseid's an overrated punk. Darkseid himself loses to Surfer. thumb down

Galan007
Darkseid's an overrated punk. Darkseid himself loses to Surfer. laughing laughing

Estacado
Phail.

tdawg14

Darkseid is vastly overrated on these boards but he takes the Surfer. Firestorm on the other hand loses to Surfer. SS can do anything Firestorm can do but better.

Symmetric Chaos

Cosigned mofo! thumb up

mykke
Id agree that Darkseid is VASTLY overrated on these forums, but SS will not take one win against him (much like every time he faces thanos) SS takes the majority over firestorm though IMO

carver9
well darkseid seemed affraid of the surfer when he came to apokalips for his master, so he decided to sick his creations on silver surfer instead of fighting him on his own. Then when he had the chance he snuck surfer from behind with the oe.

I also think that darkseid is overrated on these forums. Recent darkseid get pound on a regular basis by superman. Classic darkseid was no joke but recent darkseid aint nothing but a punching bag. Classic and recent darkseid are 2 different people but that is the darkseid that you would have to use is the updated one and silver surfer will whip his a**.

Estacado
Originally posted by carver9
well darkseid seemed affraid of the surfer when he came to apokalips for his master, so he decided to sick his creations on silver surfer instead of fighting him on his own. Then when he had the chance he snuck surfer from behind with the oe.

I also think that darkseid is overrated on these forums. Recent darkseid get pound on a regular basis by superman. Classic darkseid was no joke but recent darkseid aint nothing but a punching bag. Classic and recent darkseid are 2 different people but that is the darkseid that you would have to use is the updated one and silver surfer will whip his a**.
Let me guess Wolverine isn't overrated.....

Acrosurge
Originally posted by tdawg14
Darkseid is vastly overrated on these boards but he takes the Surfer. Firestorm on the other hand loses to Surfer. SS can do anything Firestorm can do but better. I'll go a step further and say Firestorm is being overrated in this thread. Orion's overrated. Surfer and Darkseid are overrated! Heck, you and I are overrated!

...But I agree. The Power Cosmic does seem to be able to do anything Firestorm can do, but on a higher level. Surfer himself seems to have better speed, strength, perception, and durability on average. That alone is a huge advantage.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I'll go a step further and say Firestorm is being overrated in this thread. Orion's overrated. Surfer and Darkseid are overrated! Heck, you and I are overrated!

...But I agree. The Power Cosmic does seem to be able to do anything Firestorm can do, but on a higher level. Surfer himself seems to have better speed, strength, perception, and durability on average. That alone is a huge advantage.

Can Surfer resist being merged with Firestorm? How has Surfer done against beings who can go intangible?

Estacado
Surfer can become intagnible as well.

Juntai
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Can Surfer resist being merged with Firestorm? How has Surfer done against beings who can go intangible? Interesting, he could possibly merge Surfer into the Firestorm matrix, doing so would give Firestorm Surfers lifeforce as a powersource, and he could drain it out.

Acrosurge
Surfer can become intagnible as well. True, and he seemed able to battle the Vision just fine, all the while immersed in magma.

Can Firestorm resist being merged with Surfer's board?

Estacado
Couldn't Surfer imprison him into his board somehow?

Juntai
The other way, of being merged into the Matrix, is more likely than that however, considering Surfer did it once since his creation, and Firestorm does his every issue.

Galan007
I'll go a step further and say Firestorm is being overrated in this thread. How so?

Nothing but on panel feats have been brought up here.
The Power Cosmic does seem to be able to do anything Firestorm can do, but on a higher level. I don't buy that.

Galan007
Couldn't Surfer imprison him into his board somehow? Even if he could, what the heck is going to keep FS there? confused

quanchi112
Originally posted by tdawg14
Darkseid is vastly overrated on these boards but he takes the Surfer. Firestorm on the other hand loses to Surfer. SS can do anything Firestorm can do but better. very well said. darksied would take 7 out of ten against the surfer. the silver surfer would beat firestorm 7 out of ten times.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
very well said. darksied would take 7 out of ten against the surfer. the silver surfer would beat firestorm 7 out of ten times.

DS would beat Surfer 700/10.

quanchi112
DS would beat Surfer 700/10. again anyone who says 1000/10 or some crap like that its a red flag to ima fanboy. he cant beat superman 100 percent of time so there is no way he is beating silver surfer 100 percent of the time. NO WAY

Galan007
the silver surfer would beat firestorm 7 out of ten times. Meh,

IF Surfer takes this, it would be more like 6/10.

I still don't see how exactly Surfer would take this though. confused

quanchi112
Meh,

IF Surfer takes this, it would be more like 6/10.

I still don't see how exactly Surfer would take this though. confused so in ur eyes my numbers were one off. u act like i was 3 off or something totally different. im confused to by ur post. u say surfer would win 60 percent of the time but u dont know how. what do u guess? if u guesses why wouldnt u put it 50/50. u are confusing.

Galan007
so in ur eyes my numbers were one off. u act like i was 3 off or something totally different. im confused to by ur post. u say surfer would win 60 percent of the time but u dont know how. what do u guess? if u guesses why wouldnt u put it 50/50. u are confusing. If you notice, I said "IF Surfer takes this"...... Keyword: "IF".

I personally am not convinced that he would take this, .

But IF SS did take this, it would certainly be by a very narrow margin.

Understand? smile

quanchi112
If you notice, I said "IF Surfer takes this"...... Keyword: "IF".

I personally am not convinced that he would take this, .

But IF SS did take this, it would certainly be by a very narrow margin.

Understand? smile well ye si understand but using the word if i would keep it like 51 percent meaning that u havent come to a solid conclusion so u gave him the slightest of majorities. but i guess ur happy with 60 majority. ok

Galan007
well ye si understand but using the word if i would keep it like 51 percent meaning that u havent come to a solid conclusion so u gave him the slightest of majorities. but i guess ur happy with 60 majority. ok wtf...

Again,

I already gave FS the majority... so yeah, I'm pretty decided. doped

quanchi112
ok so u agree with me, good. we may disagree on numbers but u agree surfer takes it.

Galan007
ok so u agree with me, good. we may disagree on numbers but u agree surfer takes it. Originally posted by Galan007
wtf...

Again,

I already gave FS the majority... so yeah, I'm pretty decided. doped confused

Big Sexy
confused laughing

nimbus006
confused

Haha.. this is a funny argument

Bouboumaster
Surfer.

More power, more versatile.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer.

more versatile. Now that I doubt.

Bouboumaster
I don't.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I don't. Explain to me how SS is more versatile the a being who can manipulate the atomic structure of almost anything?

starlock
What made me decide surfer for the majority(very close though)

Cosmic awareness-IMO it decides the battle when its this close,but i wont argue someone saying firestorm-but barely(or tuff battle)

Firestorm is no joke especialy on the boards, where they fight to their best ability

Roldz
mehh, Firestorm well written could go either way..

Galan007
Originally posted by Roldz
mehh, Firestorm well written could go either way.. I'm glad someone else agrees. thumb up

Whoever takes this, would take it only by a very narrow margin imo.

Most of the people who have diligently argued for SS, haven't given any particular reason why he wins... It more or less comes down to them liking SS more I'd wager. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Newjak
Explain to me how SS is more versatile the a being who can manipulate the atomic structure of almost anything? A person who can manipulate the atomic structure of anything stick out tongue

The question is who would take a majority

Hal or Firestorm.

Whoever it is that is your answer expect replace SS with Hal stick out tongue

Acrosurge
I'm glad someone else agrees. thumb up

Whoever takes this, would take it only by a very narrow margin imo.

Most of the people who have diligently argued for SS, haven't given any particular reason why he wins... It more or less comes down to them liking SS more I'd wager. roll eyes (sarcastic) Isn't the same thing true of the folks arguing for Firestorm? What can he do to stop the Surfer who is using his abilities to their fullest extent, including his speed, cosmic perception, strength, and Power Cosmic?

Out of curiousity, how many people has Firestorm merged with that have had the capability to resist him?

Galan007
Isn't the same thing true of the folks arguing for Firestorm? What can he do to stop the Surfer who is using his abilities to their fullest extent? This is why I say it's very close either way...

FS could redirect or simply avoid any blast SS throws at him, through both intangibility and atomic manipulation.

FS can create monster like constructs to aide in this battle, and well as boom tube-esk portals...

It's very close imo.

Roldz
This 2 is complete similar, from the use of there power to actual comic feats cept for FS constant manipulation of matter..

The only weakness i see of Firestorm that SS could manipulate is the bond between host and matrix, somethin SS has done so before assimilated his own to that of another and acquired all of its powers, then again its a double edge sword..

Galan007
then again its a double edge sword.. Precisely.

Roldz
Precisely.

mehh, Firestorm well written could go either way..

wink

But i beleived Norrin is far more willed than Jason, a fight between this 2 inside the matrix i give my money on Norrin..

Galan007
wink I agree. thumb up

Newjak
Originally posted by Newjak
A person who can manipulate the atomic structure of anything stick out tongue

The question is who would take a majority

Hal or Firestorm.

Whoever it is that is your answer expect replace SS with Hal stick out tongue confused

nvrbeenwthagirl
The current Firestorm seems to be superior to the previous. And the previous was no joke at all. The current fire storm pwned kalibak who had just gotten a serious power increase who was able to punk Orion. NOw some may say that Orion actually had a decrease. But this isn't the case. Orion was able to humiliate Stompa. And Stompa has always been a near match for Barda. Orion would give Surfer a hard time. So It is easy to assume that since Kalibak pwned Orion, and then Firestorm turned around and put the smack down on Kalibak, this fight could go either way. I give the surfer 6/10 based upon surfers experience, and skill. Tho Fire storm seems to be able to do green lantern type things as well as his matter manipulation.

Galan007
The current Firestorm seems to be superior to the previous. And the previous was no joke at all. The current fire storm pwned kalibak who had just gotten a serious power increase who was able to punk Orion. NOw some may say that Orion actually had a decrease. But this isn't the case. Orion was able to humiliate Stompa. And Stompa has always been a near match for Barda. Orion would give Surfer a hard time. So It is easy to assume that since Kalibak pwned Orion, and then Firestorm turned around and put the smack down on Kalibak, this fight could go either way. Actually,

Just before Orion got pwned by Kalibak, FS was already giving him a bit of a beating...

Tho Fire storm seems to be able to do green lantern type things as well as his matter manipulation. yes

He was making pretty complicated constructs in the last issue, as well as creating boom tube type portals...

I'm still unsure here. ermm

Lethal_Rise
This would DEFINENTLY be an interesting fight to see. I dunno who wins.

Juntai
Actually,

Just before Orion got pwned by Kalibak, FS was already giving him a bit of a beating...
Yeah, but Orion was breaking away or coming back from everything he was doing. Good feats Firestorm for sure, but don't get it twisted, because Orion was far from done.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
Yeah, but Orion was breaking away or coming back from everything he was doing. Good feats Firestorm for sure, but don't get it twisted, because Orion was far from done. Yeah,

I didn't say Orion was done or anything, just that Firestorm was smacking him around pretty good. smile

Juntai
Yeah,

I didn't say Orion was done or anything, just that Firestorm was smacking him around pretty good. smile thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.