were would you live marvel earth 616 v.s. DC earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hyperion Prime
This is not a fight. It's a where would you rather live. A verse of which world would you feel the most comfortable? The most safe? The happiest etc. Your choices dont have to be related to each other. example Most happy does not mean you feel safe etc. Also you are aware that you are living in a comic book world, but you have no powers you are just a regular person.

I would have to pick Marvel Earth as far as being comfortable goes. It is way closer to the real world than DC is.

Safety I would have to say that I would feel safer living on DC earth than Earth 616. That is unless I lived in one of those cities that don't really exist like coast city.

I would would feel happiest on Marvel Eath since I like the Characters better.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Safety I would have to say that I would feel safer living on DC earth than Earth 616. That is unless I lived in one of those cities that don't really exist like coast city.

Yeah CoastCity that's a smart place to live.

guy222
This is not a fight. It's a where would you rather live. A verse of which world would you feel the most comfortable? The most safe? The happiest etc. Your choices dont have to be related to each other. example Most happy does not mean you feel safe etc. Also you are aware that you are living in a comic book world, but you have no powers you are just a regular person.

I would have to pick Marvel Earth as far as being comfortable goes. It is way closer to the real world than DC is.

I would would feel happiest on Marvel Eath since I like the Characters better.

marvel

llagrok
There seems to be a lot less world wars in Marvel universe.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by llagrok
There seems to be a lot less world wars in Marvel universe.

So would you rather live on Earth 616? I am pretty sure overall I would.

llagrok
So would you rather live on Earth 616? I am pretty sure overall I would.

Yeah, I'd hit on Squirrel Girl.

DigiMark007

#**@^^.

So would I.

embarrasment

And is this just Marvel/DC. Because I could think of a few interesting alternative stuff that would be fun.

But yeah, Marvel. If only because there's less global threats living on Marvel Earth than DC Earth. I'd feel safer knowing there's less herald-types floating around on a daily basis.

Endless Mike
Marvel, seems to be a better chance of randomly gaining super powers

Bentley
Marvel. Its a world where a geek can marry a super model.

Psyquis52
Someplace in the way-outs but not too-way-out. Why? Because that way I won't end up losing my life to some super-hero vs supervillain clash. I can just live my life nice and normal. Respect heroes from a distance.

Bentley
... Until you gain super powers and get drafted into the initiative.

Psyquis52
Okay and on that note I'm fine with DC where the chicks are uber tough and you stand absolutely no chance of getting any.

SevenShackles
Marvel no question. just a normal guy living his life, plus i feel safer living more near spiderman than i do superman.
i rather a goblin bombing every now and then and a bridge incident some ways away over the timely doomsday rampage or other such people =_=

grey fox
Dc , why worry about peace when you can pay to get powers.

Meta-gene treatment ftw !

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by DigiMark007
#**@^^.

So would I.

embarrasment

And is this just Marvel/DC. Because I could think of a few interesting alternative stuff that would be fun.

But yeah, Marvel. If only because there's less global threats living on Marvel Earth than DC Earth. I'd feel safer knowing there's less herald-types floating around on a daily basis.

Dude add another world if you want. Dragon Ball world, Image, any comic world

Symmetric Chaos
Dude add another world if you want. Dragon Ball world, Image, any comic world

Yeah lets live on the DBZ Earth and get killed (and summarily resurected) once a month.

no expression

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah lets live on the DBZ Earth and get killed (and summarily resurected) once a month.

no expression

Don't act like you don't love that show Anime Boy, we know the truth haermm.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Don't act like you don't love that show Anime Boy, we know the truth haermm.

*shoots V*

*goes to find the douche who made DBZ*

CasanoVa
*shoots V*

*goes to find the douche who made DBZ*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Toriyama

I think you mean this dude? confused

SevenShackles
all i know is id hate to live in the Wildstorm universe. not much fun if you dont have any powers in my opinion

Symmetric Chaos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Toriyama

I think you mean this dude? confused

no expression You know who made DBZ?

masterbruce
Marvel is where the party's at. DC world stinks.

Symmetric Chaos
But there's no SMP in Marvel shifty

CasanoVa

Google's your friend erm

Symmetric Chaos
Google's your friend erm

mhm I don't befriend inanimte objects.

Bentley
Hey, respect Toriyama, he worked in Chrono Trigger.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bentley
Hey, respect Toriyama, he worked in Chrono Trigger.

Oh. Well I guess thats a good thing.

Who produces DBZ in the US?

Bentley
Who knows? The US version its baaaaaaaaaaaad.

grey fox
Who knows? The US version its baaaaaaaaaaaad.

Meh , the only thing they took out was some of the more uber violence , swearing and finger signs.

Oh and the pervertedness.

Didn't even have to look at the link to know. embarrasment

Bentley
It also had an awful music and crappy translation of stuff.

janus77
wherever Wonder Woman hangs out.

DC yes

grey fox
It also had an awful music and crappy translation of stuff.

It either the American music or the japanese. Nobody re-produced teh music.

I thought the translation was pretty good.

Scoobless

She loves having nuts in her mouth.

no expression

janus77
yeah but don't squirels generally tend to BITE the nuts apart? no expression

Scoobless
That's what would worry me.

Blair Wind
DC. More human "crimefighters". I go to Gotham and find bruce wayne (hey....you DID say we knew we were in a comic book world. Might as well use it to my "fantasty" reality advantage.) Go the Tim Drake route by telling him who he is and becoming Robin....er....might change that name.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind
DC. More human "crimefighters". I go to Gotham and find bruce wayne (hey....you DID say we knew we were in a comic book world. Might as well use it to my "fantasty" reality advantage.) Go the Tim Drake route by telling him who he is and becoming Robin....er....might change that name.

I'd use my comic knowledge for financial gain.

smile

llagrok
The trouble with Squirrel girl is getting past her big fat female blob friend.

Scoobless
The trouble with Squirrel girl is getting past her big fat female blob friend.

You mean the supermodel?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

llagrok
Originally posted by Scoobless
You mean the supermodel?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

If Squirrel Girl says no, you can always throw away whatever morals you had and go for Molly Hayes big grin

grey fox
If Squirrel Girl says no, you can always throw away whatever morals you had and go for Molly Hayes big grin

Give it four years and she'll be fine and ready for tappage , now ? Just go for some ex-mutant . Currently their all emo and whiny so ANYONE can get them to pull a trick.

llagrok
Originally posted by grey fox
Give it four years and she'll be fine and ready for tappage , now ? Just go for some ex-mutant . Currently their all emo and whiny so ANYONE can get them to pull a trick.

Hmm, waiting 4 years with Deadpool around is rather risky. I wonder how that Winddancer from New x-men is coping with the loss of her powers evil face

Sadly, most of the real women kept their powers.

llagrok
This thread deserves a bump!

Madvillain
I think I'd be bored to death in the DC Universe..

so Marvel it is.

charlemagne9746
I'd choose to live in Marvel over DC...for security reasons. My luck, something like Imperiex or Anti-Monitor would invade in my lifetime..lol. Out of all the universes...I'd rather live in the Star Trek universe...i'd love to travel through space like that....and hit on 7 of 9 whenvever possible.

llagrok
There seem to be a lot of atrocities in the DC universe these days. Not the safest place to live, no.

Redatom65
DC. As long as Superman's there, i'm happy, plus I could still be a superhro some how. So woohoo w00termm

SevenShackles
hummm... that '1602', maybe make a run for thors hammer.
never know >XD maybe my luck will change in a comic world.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
I'd choose to live in Marvel over DC...for security reasons. My luck, something like Imperiex or Anti-Monitor would invade in my lifetime..lol. Out of all the universes...I'd rather live in the Star Trek universe...i'd love to travel through space like that....and hit on 7 of 9 whenvever possible.

Yeah at first I thought DC earth would be a safer place to live, because of Superman. I had remembered Coast City, but had forgot about bludhaven. Cities drop like flies in DC. Having real cities in Marvel you dont have to worry as much. Even though Kang Destroyed Washington DC, Ultron Destoyed a country and The Sentinels Destroyed Genosha.

I prefer marvel for safety, happines and more excitement.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah at first I thought DC earth would be a safer place to live, because of Superman. I had remembered Coast City, but had forgot about bludhaven. Cities drop like flies in DC. Having real cities in Marvel you dont have to worry as much. Even though Kang Destroyed Washington DC, Ultron Destoyed a country and The Sentinels Destroyed Genosha.

I prefer marvel for safety, happines and more excitement.

MarvelEarth is about to get wrecked by Hulk.
Galactus attacks them at random.
Powerful cosmic beings attack just because they can.
Strange's fights don't always stay very contained.
Random people with mutant powers achieve godhood and go insane every once in a while.

no expression So yeah safety isn't something you should be looking for in any comic world.

Validus
DC. That way if I screw up in life, I know they'll eventually have a Crisis to retcon it.

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud

Juntai
lmao, Validus.

Hyperion Prime
MarvelEarth is about to get wrecked by Hulk.
Galactus attacks them at random.
Powerful cosmic beings attack just because they can.
Strange's fights don't always stay very contained.
Random people with mutant powers achieve godhood and go insane every once in a while.

no expression So yeah safety isn't something you should be looking for in any comic world.

Yeah but It is usally way more contained in Marvel than in DC. I know neither are very safe, but I will take my chances with Inferno/Goblyn Queen in Marvel to Mongul obliterating everything and everyone.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah but It is usally way more contained in Marvel than in DC. I know neither are very safe, but I will take my chances with Inferno/Goblyn Queen in Marvel to Mongul obliterating everything and everyone.

Even though there a 96.3825 chance that Hulk will do exaxtly that within a year?

stick out tongue

Galan007
DC Earth, in the Silver Age, in Metropolis.

It DOES NOT get any safer then that. big grin

Hyperion Prime
bumpage

Hyperion Prime
Now it would be Marvel Earth ...even with the Skrull Invasion.

illadelph12
I'd choose Marvel Earth. More specifcally Wakanda. Best educational system in comics to raise children, and you gain superpowers from eating the produce.

guy222
Marvel

Endrict Nuul
Marvel...less global threats, the chicks are normal, a less random chance of running into the that Phucked up Joker and more teams to the rescue me. Just easier to run a normal life.

spetznaz
To be honest with you, Marvel would be a much safer place to stay. While there are pan-global (and even the occasional pan-cosmic) threats, they are nowhere as potent nor as often as their DC occurences.

The Marvel world would also be more interesting, and getting powers seems to be much easier (you may not get tectonic plate shifting powers, but levitating a pencil or two .....that's easy).

However, the most important reason (next to relative safety) is that in the DC world you would be a human living in a place where gods flit in and out of humanity. While Marvel also has its share of 'very powerful' beings, it is not like DC where even B-listers (e.g. Animal Man) can shut down the planet if they wanted to (in his case through contact with the Red).

Living with gods can be a very frightening experience if you are merely human .....most people would either fall into a state of mindless worship (one way of their minds to cope with things), or either live in a state that is similar to that in Zimbabwe (where you fear these 'deities' in the same way people fear dictators ...only in this case they are omnipotent dictators).

Think about Superman ....even though he is a hero (for now), are you sure you would be THAT comfortable with BIG BROTHER (in this case invulnerable, omnipotent, and so fast he is basically omnipresent) looming high over the sky?

IT would be fun for the first week ....but then you'd start to wonder ....what if Superman went bad .....what if the JLA went bad .....if Zatanna got PMS ....what if someone like the Martian Manhunter went bad (not to mention if he turned into the Burning) .....

That is something you'd never have to worry about when it comes to Spiderman.

Knowsbleed33
I'm a bit of a loner so I'd probably live in the fortress of solitude in the DCU.

Boy Blue
I'd much rather live in Marvel if only for the Initiative and SRA preventing what Spetz was talking about.

As a comic reader, its easy to know exactly how noble every hero is and to say that the SRA is misplaced.

As a citizen, whose daily newspaper is filled with the latest hero/villain clash and related damages?

Not so much.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Boy Blue
I'd much rather live in Marvel if only for the Initiative and SRA preventing what Spetz was talking about.

As a comic reader, its easy to know exactly how noble every hero is and to say that the SRA is misplaced.

As a citizen, whose daily newspaper is filled with the latest hero/villain clash and related damages?

Not so much.

Bythe way you raise a very good point. At KMC people know the characters, the histories, the personalities.

However, living in such a world you would only know what is publicly available, as well as some floating rumor here and there.

Think of it: Batman. Why is the 'comic world' so afraid of a grown man who dresses up as a bat? Because, to the criminal underworld, the Batman is the most fearsome being they can conceptualize! They do not see a man in a halloween costume (as readers may, even though they also know the man is highly trained and supremely intelligent) ....what the 'comicworld' sees is a MONSTER!

That is why the very threat that the Batman will come after you (e.g. what Robin told some perps in Bludhaven) is ENOUGH to have the criminals shaking in their boots. (Although it should be noted that Batman is scary ....scary enough to have a Sinestro ring, which operates on fear, sent to him .....for the entire sector!!!!! That shows the level of fear the 'man' generates).

Thus, the perception of 'comicworld' and 'readerworld' are VERY different.

Think of Superman.

What 'comicworld' knows is that he is an alien (that just happens to look like us), and is a one-man Superpower! He can hear everything, see everything, shoot fire from his eyes, arctic cold from his lungs, can move many times faster than thought, and (since they do not have perfect information) probably does other things (....maybe he eats humans to sustain his powers?????? Such rumors would be flying about).

Think of how Governments would be afraid of Superman .....how can they even stop him?

To make matters worse, he has 'friends' that are in some cases even more powerful than him.

Think of the Martian Manhunter ....has the powers of Superman, PLUS MANY OTHERS (e.g. shape-shifting, mass gaining, invisibility, phasing powers, absorption powers, very high level telepathy, the ability to regenerate from a body part, immortality). The only thing worse than a Superman is a Superman who can take the shape of your President, walk through walls and be invisible in your room, and plant thoughts in your head that make you do stuff without even knowing!

The entire JLA would be a major nightmare for any Government ....in ways that even the Avengers (for all their strength and abilities) would not be able to compare. All of the major JLA characters, and most of the B-listers (some of the B-listers are even worse that the A-listers ....someone like Firestorm or Zatanna can foul up the world with a thought ....imagine Firestorm turning all the Fed's gold reserves into swiss cheese, or Zatanna turning the nation's rivers into curdled milk).

Or even someone like Major Disaster (who was a simple criminal until getting some powers, and turning a new leaf, before joining the JLA) calling a meteor strike (he can cause disasters at will) on New York city? Maybe the guy has a nightmare while sleeping, and in a spasm an asteroid is heading for NYC, or a Tsunami for Honolulu).

To be honest with you, the Governments (and people) would be CONSTANTLY worried about the heroes!

Meaning, that people like Superman and Green Lantern (what if THAT guy went loco) would cause enough disconcertion without even going into the VILLAINS.

To be honest with you, the people may actually be relieved when people like Despero show up, because that means that while Despero is around, Superman and his 'friends' will be fighting him .....and thus will be busy.

Meaning that for those few hours, the people of DC Earth do not have to worry about their 'heroes' since they are otherwise occupied.

However, once the fighting ends, once again you have to worry what those 'gods' are thinking of doing while they sit at that Space Station orbiting high above the planet .....after all, they EACH have so much power, and who will be watching the watchmen?

In Marvel, at least, even the superheroes are in various blocks. But in DC, even the various super-hero teams are HOMOGENOUS (think of it ....the JLA is related to the JSA is related to the Teen Titans is related to the Outsiders is related to the .......)

Homogenous. If one turns against you, chances are the rest will also do the same.

Think of Captain Marvel (even before he took on the power of Shazam) ....a KID who has the powers of ancient deities ....and that SMILE of his. Never trust a person who is always smiling.

To be honest, if we lived in 'comicworld,' we would SUPPORT and VOTE for people like Lex Luthor. Yes, Lex. The reason is we would see him as the only hope mankind has against our 'protectors.'

Honestly, think of it. A world where gods fly and walk amongst us, change our perceptions, wield magic, speed through walls, look like us.

No wonder in ancient superstitious societies where people had many gods that they believed lived in the rivers and the jungles and the seas, why people were ALWAYS SO AFRAID.

Imagine looking outside your window and seeing plastic man, 50 feet tall, moving past your window. In 'readerworld' that is silly and humorous, but in 'comicworld' that would actually be VERY scary.

I'd rather live in Marvel. There would be some fear, but not the crazy amounts to be found in DC.

Goodness, even places like Gotham and Bludhaven, where the Bat Family has more or less managed the place without the real super-capes, life is so scary and dreary. Also think about it ....several criminals have decided to flee to Metropolis from Gotham, prefering to face Superman rather than deal with Batman (what does that tell you about that grown man wearing a halloween costume .....Batman is one sick individual).

People would only enjoy living in DC for one week ...a month at the most. Then they would spend their nights in fear and their days in dread.

TricksterPriest
" Green Lantern (what if THAT guy went loco) "

See Alexander Nero, Parallax, Sinestro, the Alpha Lanterns, Kyle Rayner, etc, etc, etc.

It's always amazed me that more GLs aren't corrupted by the power or have their rings suspended after emotional distress. The ring is a very scary thing in the hands of a good GL.

While I agree with 95% of your post, I must dispute your including Superman in someone who is feared. Aside from the Supes gone rogue thought, which is a legit concern, the part about Big Brother is unfair. Even a normal citizen who meets Superman can see he's a stand-up guy. Even villains see it. Superman just seems like a nice guy when you meet him not under duress. He's also a symbol, and that I think, is what you left out of your arguement.

DC is an age of wonders. Where a citizen can see good triumph over evil, can fly into space to battle a primordial weapon from beyond the cosmos (Mageddon), where gods can wage secret wars and you could be drafted (Early New Gods stories), where a man can fly and save the world by moving it with his strength, where a lasso can reveal the truth of all things to people.

You guys don't see it. You see the terror, the ignorance, the suspicion. You don't see the wonder of it all. A world like that is a world in which man can share the same stage as gods and perhaps join them.

Take Coast City for example. It was trashed twice. But guess what? After the 2nd time, when people saw the GLC defend the city, they came back. Coast City shone green at night, because people thanked and believed in the GLC for giving them hope and something to believe in.

It's the concept of heroes that makes DC great. Because in DC Earth, you can see an entire world saved by a few bright souls. And that my friends, lets you appreciate life and the better things in it.

spetznaz
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

See Alexander Nero, Parallax, Sinestro, the Alpha Lanterns, Kyle Rayner, etc, etc, etc.

It's always amazed me that more GLs aren't corrupted by the power or have their rings suspended after emotional distress. The ring is a very scary thing in the hands of a good GL.

While I agree with 95% of your post, I must dispute your including Superman in someone who is feared. Aside from the Supes gone rogue thought, which is a legit concern, the part about Big Brother is unfair. Even a normal citizen who meets Superman can see he's a stand-up guy. Even villains see it. Superman just seems like a nice guy when you meet him not under duress. He's also a symbol, and that I think, is what you left out of your arguement.

DC is an age of wonders. Where a citizen can see good triumph over evil, can fly into space to battle a primordial weapon from beyond the cosmos (Mageddon), where gods can wage secret wars and you could be drafted (Early New Gods stories), where a man can fly and save the world by moving it with his strength, where a lasso can reveal the truth of all things to people.

You guys don't see it. You see the terror, the ignorance, the suspicion. You don't see the wonder of it all. A world like that is a world in which man can share the same stage as gods and perhaps join them.

Take Coast City for example. It was trashed twice. But guess what? After the 2nd time, when people saw the GLC defend the city, they came back. Coast City shone green at night, because people thanked and believed in the GLC for giving them hope and something to believe in.

It's the concept of heroes that makes DC great. Because in DC Earth, you can see an entire world saved by a few bright souls. And that my friends, lets you appreciate life and the better things in it.

I agree, as a reader and lover of DC comics.

However, as a citizen of that world, would I feel the same? Would I worry about the negative what-ifs or relish in the positive facts? Would I see Superman as a benevolent savior, or as a major catastrophe waiting to happen? Would I trust people with the power to destroy continents with a word from their lips, when I can hardly trust our current leaders to not bomb a country for the sake of it, or my bank to not lose my money in some derivative trading strategy gone bad?

Would I see Superman as the paragon of excellence, or start to wonder how many illegal aliens (real aliens) are on Earth? If gods are waging secret wars, would that engross me like some glorious tale of old, or make me wonder what use my life is if humans are just some fickle tool of far-off gods waging endless wars? Would I soar in the belief that I live in an age of wonders, or feel akin to what an ant would feel in the presence of humans? Would I see myself as a master of my own destiny, or simply as a barnacle attached to the hull of a ship captained by rogue gods and fallen angels?

When I kiss my wife good-bye every morning, would I be doing that because I love her, or because I am afraid that I may never see her again because while working some super-dense Kryptonian, a body harder than the hardest diamond, will come hurtling through my office block at hyper-sonic speed (turning all of us into mush) after been tossed by Mongul?

When Lex Luthor steps up, and states that human beings are no longer in control of their destiny, and that our heroes are nothing more than benevolent animal-herders (with the animals, fed and kept safe, but still animals, being us humans) ....would I see him as a threat (as i see him when i read the comics) or see him as a HUMAN alternative to the 'gods' (as I would see him if I lived in Metropolis).

When I hear of the Batman, would I shout with joy when he stops an attack by terrorists in Gotham, or would I say a silent prayer that that monster (since I know only what is publicly available on Batman) at least feasts only on criminals (and silently wonder what he will start feasting upon if all the criminals are finished with)?

The Martian Manhunter is more popular in the Southern Hemisphere than Superman (according to comics), but when I look at him do I wonder which ALIEN SUPER-RACE is slightly better to live with, and less scary....our human looking one that almost killed me last week when he was tossed through my office block, or the green-skinned weird looking shape-shifter who I heard in a rumor last week can read the mind of every person on Earth?

When I see WonderWoman defeat some ancient monster, do I resoundly show her my appreciation, or do I wonder whether defeating some giant dragon was worth having 10,000 people and half a city destroyed (and, like most humans, people would not bother to think that had Wonderwoman NOT stopped the monster, MORE than 10,000 people would have died, and the ENTIRE city would have been destroyed ...many more cities).

Basically ....as a reader of DC, I appreciate all the heroes. The mythology of DC is actually VERY VERY good.

However, if I LIVED there, I would constantly worry for my life, and for my loved ones.

After all, these are gods!

One thing I like about Spiderman, and to a lesser extent the Xmen, is how the perception of the world they live in, and that of the readers, is SO DIFFERENT.

We, the readers, see them as heroes. They see them as threats. Threats to freedom, to their way of life ....to humanity as a species.

Imagine how they would perceive the JLA?

Endrict Nuul
At the street level where we will be... in Marvel you have Gangs like the King Pin etc....doing big things. In DC at street level you have more wackos to deal with.

golem370
Marvel Olympus so I could be come a fat god like Zeus

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
Marvel Olympus so I could be come a fat god like Zeus

You are human in either world...not a fat god.

golem370
Then I would be a fat human in a Gods paradise

emporerpants
i would love in dc, and i would live right where i'm at now: green bay. how often does shit go down in green bay in comics? NEVER. haha.

King Kandy
Marvel. Everyone mentioned the good reasons, though I think one is that it's totally oozing with Superheroes and there are many fewer disasters. I have to say though I would be much more scared of what would happen if say, the Silver Surfer went wild then of Superman.

occultdestroyer
Gotta love the DCU chicks

Metalmanx
Themyscira. drool

But if that didn't work out, I would totally prefer the Marvel universe. EVERYONE (99.99% at least) is insanely attractive. Meaning that no matter what, I would be ripped/jacked/chiseled and every woman would be impossibly perfect. No, I wouldn't get tired of that. In addition, I'd most likely have amazing hair.

And even though it's essentially a danger-magnet, I would love to live in NYC. So what if bad stuff happens there all the time? That's exactly why I want to be there! Unending excitement. Superheroes everywhere!

Plus, there's a good chance I could gain super powers basically any day of the week. I wouldn't even care if they were lame powers. Any superpower/mutation at all would be awesome.

Of course, there's always just the fact that Marvel > DC.

carnage52
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Of course, there's always just the fact that Marvel > DC. that response=

Raoul
neither world, frankly, as i'd end up feeling pretty useless and inadequate...

with powers? sure, i'd give it a go, but as just an average joe? nah...

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Raoul
neither world, frankly, as i'd end up feeling pretty useless and inadequate...

with powers? sure, i'd give it a go, but as just an average joe? nah...

Oh come on Raoul......you may neet up with Doom or Lex Luthor and gain powers. Heck the Mad Tinker has made a ton of regular people super suits.

shiv
DC Governments value The wellbeing of their citizens LESS than at Marvel.

Corruption is rife: c'mon Lex Luthor President of the USA?

In Marvel you have more handouts and opportunities in Life.

You need to be Strong And Vigilant at all times to get by in D.C.

illadelph12
Lex>>>>>>>Dubya.

Raoul
Oh come on Raoul......you may neet up with Doom or Lex Luthor and gain powers. Heck the Mad Tinker has made a ton of regular people super suits.

i just wouldnt want to live my entire life in either universe as just a human, though...

illadelph12

crylaugh0

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by illadelph12
Lex>>>>>>>Dubya.

I know Marvel follows the real world. I remember back in the 80s when the Serpent Society attacked Marvel U actually saw President Regan.

Is GWB the president in Marvel right now....I always assumed he was, but they never show him, like they used to show Presidents.

illadelph12
I know Marvel follows the real world. I remember back in the 80s when the Serpent Society attacked Marvel U actually saw President Regan.

Is GWB the president in Marvel right now....I always assumed he was, but they never show him, like they used to show Presidents.

I believe Dubya is the president in the Ultimate Universe. If I remember correctly Ultimate Magneto had Dubya beaten, bloodied, and but naked on the White House lawn before Wolverine stabbed him in the chest and Professor X took over Magneto's mind and faked his murder by using Magneto's powers to make it appear he'd crushed himself in Sentinels.

shiv
yeah in 616 Civill War Dubya's Life model decoy was in the Oval Office when Deadpool came a calling.

Phantom Zone
Marvel. If I lived in the DCU I would go nuts....well I would at least take the piss out of alot of superheroes.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by illadelph12
I believe Dubya is the president in the Ultimate Universe. If I remember correctly Ultimate Magneto had Dubya beaten, bloodied, and but naked on the White House lawn before Wolverine stabbed him in the chest and Professor X took over Magneto's mind and faked his murder by using Magneto's powers to make it appear he'd crushed himself in Sentinels.

Originally posted by shiv
yeah in 616 Civill War Dubya's Life model decoy was in the Oval Office when Deadpool came a calling.

Thanks. That's another reason I would prefer to live in Marvel. It may not be much, I at least know what I would be dealing with as far as the government.

occultdestroyer

Nice shitty speech

TricksterPriest
**** you guys. dopedfu If you're all too ignorant and close-minded to see the point I was making, then screw you all.

Creshosk
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Nice shitty speech Nice trolling.. So nice I went ahead and shared it with the moderators.

Badabing
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Nice shitty speech You were doing so well. Be more constructive and less trollish in the future please. Originally posted by TricksterPriest
**** you guys. dopedfu If you're all too ignorant and close-minded to see the point I was making, then screw you all. You know better. Don't let me see this again.

TricksterPriest
bump

Bouboumaster
Marvel.

For all the reasons said before, and for two more:

The 4 Fantastics and The Omega Force

- The Four Fantastic are noble spiritis, heroes of the public. Everybody knows them, and I would be more confortable with them that with the JLA. And in case of major troubles, Reed Richards comes to save the day.

- I lived in Canad, and I would be more then happy to know that we have a hometown superhero team that willingly protect my ass.

Philosophía
DC Earth, if I retain the knowledge I have now.

godking
Originally posted by spetznaz
I agree, as a reader and lover of DC comics.

However, as a citizen of that world, would I feel the same? Would I worry about the negative what-ifs or relish in the positive facts? Would I see Superman as a benevolent savior, or as a major catastrophe waiting to happen? Would I trust people with the power to destroy continents with a word from their lips, when I can hardly trust our current leaders to not bomb a country for the sake of it, or my bank to not lose my money in some derivative trading strategy gone bad?

Would I see Superman as the paragon of excellence, or start to wonder how many illegal aliens (real aliens) are on Earth? If gods are waging secret wars, would that engross me like some glorious tale of old, or make me wonder what use my life is if humans are just some fickle tool of far-off gods waging endless wars? Would I soar in the belief that I live in an age of wonders, or feel akin to what an ant would feel in the presence of humans? Would I see myself as a master of my own destiny, or simply as a barnacle attached to the hull of a ship captained by rogue gods and fallen angels?

When I kiss my wife good-bye every morning, would I be doing that because I love her, or because I am afraid that I may never see her again because while working some super-dense Kryptonian, a body harder than the hardest diamond, will come hurtling through my office block at hyper-sonic speed (turning all of us into mush) after been tossed by Mongul?

When Lex Luthor steps up, and states that human beings are no longer in control of their destiny, and that our heroes are nothing more than benevolent animal-herders (with the animals, fed and kept safe, but still animals, being us humans) ....would I see him as a threat (as i see him when i read the comics) or see him as a HUMAN alternative to the 'gods' (as I would see him if I lived in Metropolis).

When I hear of the Batman, would I shout with joy when he stops an attack by terrorists in Gotham, or would I say a silent prayer that that monster (since I know only what is publicly available on Batman) at least feasts only on criminals (and silently wonder what he will start feasting upon if all the criminals are finished with)?

The Martian Manhunter is more popular in the Southern Hemisphere than Superman (according to comics), but when I look at him do I wonder which ALIEN SUPER-RACE is slightly better to live with, and less scary....our human looking one that almost killed me last week when he was tossed through my office block, or the green-skinned weird looking shape-shifter who I heard in a rumor last week can read the mind of every person on Earth?

When I see WonderWoman defeat some ancient monster, do I resoundly show her my appreciation, or do I wonder whether defeating some giant dragon was worth having 10,000 people and half a city destroyed (and, like most humans, people would not bother to think that had Wonderwoman NOT stopped the monster, MORE than 10,000 people would have died, and the ENTIRE city would have been destroyed ...many more cities).

Basically ....as a reader of DC, I appreciate all the heroes. The mythology of DC is actually VERY VERY good.

However, if I LIVED there, I would constantly worry for my life, and for my loved ones.

After all, these are gods!

One thing I like about Spiderman, and to a lesser extent the Xmen, is how the perception of the world they live in, and that of the readers, is SO DIFFERENT.

We, the readers, see them as heroes. They see them as threats. Threats to freedom, to their way of life ....to humanity as a species.

Imagine how they would perceive the JLA? very good post i agree with everything you said.

Sin I AM
marvel u, it'd simply be easier for a normal person like me to gain powers. and didn't the thread starter say that you knew you were in a comic? that would be more useful in my quest to climb the ladder in marvel. or run across some amulet, alien technology, symbiote, alpha beta cosmic or gamma rays, tamper with my latent mutant genes, take some mgh, make a deal with sinister, train in martial arts for a year and join weapon x, steal a suit of armor or pym particles, and if all else fails id just sleep with scott because those summer genes are worth millions

Kris Blaze
**** you guys. dopedfu If you're all too ignorant and close-minded to see the point I was making, then screw you all.

Can I blame Storm and Black Panther for being black? laughing out loud

lawest9
Neither one.....too many universal level threats in each dimension.

stormultt
id definitly live in marvel , then id have a chance to meet gladiator stick out tongue and i could gain some cosmic power and be a girl with no rules lol

The Great Galen
DCU for sure, more powerful charaters flying around which I like.First I'd become a pupil of the karate kid and when I master the training I'd ask lex to make me a serum that would turn me completly into a daximite. The DNA would also be spliced with DD's genes so I could get those crazy adaptive abilites like in H/P. Then I'd call upon DS and pledge myself as his loyal subject in exchange for a portion of his power and a star system to rule over that would include a exact duplicate of earth....inhabitants/society and all. Now that would be freaking sweet if u ask me.

stormultt
Originally posted by The Great Galen
DCU for sure, more powerful charaters flying around which I like.First I'd become a pupil of the karate kid and when I master the training I'd ask lex to make me a serum that would turn me completly into a daximite. The DNA would also be spliced with DD's genes so I could get those crazy adaptive abilites like in H/P. Then I'd call upon DS and pledge myself as his loyal subject in exchange for a portion of his power and a star system to rule over that would include a exact duplicate of earth....inhabitants/society and all. Now that would be freaking sweet if u ask me.

more powerful roll eyes (sarcastic) pssh

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Sin I AM
marvel u, it'd simply be easier for a normal person like me to gain powers. and didn't the thread starter say that you knew you were in a comic? that would be more useful in my quest to climb the ladder in marvel. or run across some amulet, alien technology, symbiote, alpha beta cosmic or gamma rays, tamper with my latent mutant genes, take some mgh, make a deal with sinister, train in martial arts for a year and join weapon x, steal a suit of armor or pym particles, and if all else fails id just sleep with scott because those summer genes are worth millions

Yeah you know you live in a comicbook world.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by spetznaz
To be honest with you, Marvel would be a much safer place to stay. While there are pan-global (and even the occasional pan-cosmic) threats, they are nowhere as potent nor as often as their DC occurences.

The Marvel world would also be more interesting, and getting powers seems to be much easier (you may not get tectonic plate shifting powers, but levitating a pencil or two .....that's easy).

However, the most important reason (next to relative safety) is that in the DC world you would be a human living in a place where gods flit in and out of humanity. While Marvel also has its share of 'very powerful' beings, it is not like DC where even B-listers (e.g. Animal Man) can shut down the planet if they wanted to (in his case through contact with the Red).

Living with gods can be a very frightening experience if you are merely human .....most people would either fall into a state of mindless worship (one way of their minds to cope with things), or either live in a state that is similar to that in Zimbabwe (where you fear these 'deities' in the same way people fear dictators ...only in this case they are omnipotent dictators).

Think about Superman ....even though he is a hero (for now), are you sure you would be THAT comfortable with BIG BROTHER (in this case invulnerable, omnipotent, and so fast he is basically omnipresent) looming high over the sky?

IT would be fun for the first week ....but then you'd start to wonder ....what if Superman went bad .....what if the JLA went bad .....if Zatanna got PMS ....what if someone like the Martian Manhunter went bad (not to mention if he turned into the Burning) .....

That is something you'd never have to worry about when it comes to Spiderman.

You know I have never seen this post before. I think I agree with it too. I think the Justice league are a little power hungry. Superman and Batman both want way too much control. Has anyone ever seen the Justice League Unlimited? I see the Justice League easily becoming like the Justice Lords.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Lords

In the JLA vs The Avengers Capatain America stated the same thing about the League acting like gods. I actually would not trust the league.

guy222
marvel

Sin I AM
ts also cool that marvels regular humans all have latent abilities.... so all you have to do is pay a visit to sage and get those powers jump started. come up with a scheme to con enough money outta warren on danny rand to buy some outstanding tech from reed and tony. pay a visit to sinister get my genes spliced, pay a visit to weapon x facility to gain a healing factor and adamantium skeleton. travel back in time to get injected with sentry serum , steal the gem from cain, proposition galactus to gain the pc, kill adam warlock and claim his gem, amass my army of souls and find the rest of the gems etc etc etc

The Great Galen
Nah, supes levels of powers are on a higher scale...marvel is nice but I wouldn't pass the chance of having PC supes power.

Zack Fair
I choose marvel because at least in marvel shit doesn't get erased from existence with every fricking crisis.

TricksterPriest
Actually, it was only the first Crisis and Zero Hour that erased shit. IC brought the multiverse and at least half the PC continuity back.

Mindset
Marvel.

I wouldn't want to live in a world where Galen might have super powers.

Warrior18
lol.

Blight
DC... but I'd live in, like, Wisconsin...

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Mindset
Marvel.

I wouldn't want to live in a world where Galen might have super powers.

laughing laughing laughing

Phantom Zone
ts also cool that marvels regular humans all have latent abilities.... so all you have to do is pay a visit to sage and get those powers jump started. come up with a scheme to con enough money outta warren on danny rand to buy some outstanding tech from reed and tony. pay a visit to sinister get my genes spliced, pay a visit to weapon x facility to gain a healing factor and adamantium skeleton. travel back in time to get injected with sentry serum , steal the gem from cain, proposition galactus to gain the pc, kill adam warlock and claim his gem, amass my army of souls and find the rest of the gems etc etc etc

Yeah like Sage is gonna give powers to every jackass that turns up on her doorstep. Dont be suprised of you get a stiletto in your eye.

Hell none of those other options are easier but it could be done.

AlmightyKfish
Marvel.

If I retain what I know now, then I can become rich in like, a month.

Think of how valuable the information of loads of hero's and villains secret identities, powers, weakness etc would be.

And in Marvel, I'm less likely to be speedblitzed through a wall when someone finds out I know.

Also, even if I live in NYC, the fulcrum of trouble in MU, I'd rather witness a Spiderman vs Venom fight, than a Superman vs whatever herald level being has come to earth to fight him. Less city wide destruction overall.

In MU no-one cosmic cares about Earth.
And Galactus can never seem to eat your planet, so your safe there.

beast1234
marvel

stormultt
WHO WOULDNT WANT TO LIVE IN MARVEL I MEAN C~mON, they have hotter guys and probably more sales at macys(which i totally luv), frankly superman is not cute, now gladiator and angel are cute id have their babys anytime smile

I'm Bran
Originally posted by stormultt
WHO WOULDNT WANT TO LIVE IN MARVEL I MEAN C~mON, they have hotter guys and probably more sales at macys(which i totally luv), frankly superman is not cute, now gladiator and angel are cute id have their babys anytime smile Ugh... ghey.

stormultt
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Ugh... ghey.

ghey? oh no u didnt lol i am a girl smart one>.>

Blight
Originally posted by stormultt
ghey? oh no u didnt lol i am a girl smart one>.> No you're not you're unspecified. Probably a Tranny.

stormultt
Originally posted by Blight
No you're not you're unspecified. Probably a Tranny.

excuse me? no i aint no tranny i am a classy female dont mistake me for ur mother(which is probably tranny in ur eyes) mad

Paola
stay on topic pls

Kasper Gutman
Marvel. If i was still going through puberty I'd be living in Xavier's mansion as a servant. Good evening Madam Psychlock would you be requiring my assistance before I retire for the night...smile

skygunner41
DC. wolverine with 8000000 bear are too much for comfort.

guy222
marvel

Hyperion Prime
Blunt...I mean bump!!

godking

It's the concept of heroes that makes DC great. Because in DC Earth, you can see an entire world saved by a few bright souls. And that my friends, lets you appreciate life and the better things in it. A somewhat naive view in reality you would be living in fear everyday of a ''hero'' vs spuervillain fight breaking out and having everything you built destroyed .

Superman may be a nice guy that does not change that he is a God who on a bad day could destroy the world with ease.

Personally if have always disliked the pure black and white vision of good and bad of the DC universe but that is another debate.

Raoul
Originally posted by godking
Superman may be a nice guy that does not change that he is a God who on a bad day could destroy the world with ease.

but the majority doesn't believe he ever would.

that's just untrue. with superman, yes, it's largely true, but there are plenty of heroes who blur the line... using one hero to classify a universe is bad form...

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by godking

To me Superman has always seemed a little too cocky for my taste. He always has to yell out "Not in my city" etc. I know its a phrase, but he seems to act like he owns the place. He says stuff I could never imagine Cap saying.

I originally said DC when I started this thread, but I will take Marvel any day of the week.

Raoul
To me Superman has always seemed a little too cocky for my taste. He always has to yell out "Not in my city" etc. I know its a phrase, but he seems to act like he owns the place. He says stuff I could never imagine Cap saying.

I originally said DC when I started this thread, but I will take Marvel any day of the week.

you never see a sports team or a place as being "yours"?

my team, my town, etc?

Phantom Zone
I dunno if alot of Avengers would really give 2 shits of Dr Light got mindwiped. DC heroes also have museums dedictated them but I dont neccesarily indictates that DC heroes take themselves more serioulsy. I dunno DCU does seem to be simpler...but meh you'd probably fond stuff that contradicts that.

Raoul
meh. plenty of dc heroes didn't give a shit either. even superman at the time didn't bring them to task over it...

Phantom Zone
meh. plenty of dc heroes didn't give a shit either. even superman at the time didn't bring them to task over it...

and vice versa. Flash was pretty critical and Batman went balistic....thats just crazy. Who gives a shit about Dr Light.

Raoul
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
and vice versa. Flash was pretty critical and Batman went balistic....thats just crazy. Who gives a shit about Dr Light.

barry was flash at the time, though, and he voted for it.

they were divided, just as the avengers or any superhero team would be, imo.

remember, the jla themselves made the decision as a group. that's pretty hardcore...

Phantom Zone
barry was flash at the time, though, and he voted for it.

as I said he was critical.

they were divided, just as the avengers or any superhero team would be, imo.

remember, the jla themselves made the decision as a group. that's pretty hardcore...

Dont think they would come to blows over it.

Hyperion Prime
you never see a sports team or a place as being "yours"?

my team, my town, etc?

Its different though. If a team member says that they represent Cleveland, New York etc. Superman lives in Metropolis..he dosent represent crap. It like me telling someone to get out of my city just because I live in Akron, Ohio.

The more I think of it the DC world is one big Ego trip. I know its not cannon but JLA/Avengers even showed how cocky Dc heroes are. I would be afraid to live in the DC because they do beleive they are gods. Marvel heroes don't cast that shadow of you better or else.

Things may change with Norman Osburne is in charge.

Phantom Zone

The more I think of it the DC world is one big Ego trip. I know its not cannon but JLA/Avengers even showed how cocky Dc heroes are. I would be afraid to live in the DC because they do beleive they are gods. Marvel heroes don't cast that shadow of you better or else.

LOL thats exactly what I said, however there were circumstances to it.

Raoul
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
as I said he was critical.

Dont think they would come to blows over it.

so hawkman's bloody lip was for naught? stick out tongue

Its different though. If a team member says that they represent Cleveland, New York etc. Superman lives in Metropolis..he dosent represent crap. It like me telling someone to get out of my city just because I live in Akron, Ohio.

Things may change with Norman Osburne is in charge.

i completely disagree, but, you know, variety and such...

Phantom Zone
I dont see what justification Superman had that he thought that marvel heroes werent doing enough. That certainly doesnt give the impression of not having a big ego.

Hyperion Prime
so hawkman's bloody lip was for naught? stick out tongue

i completely disagree, but, you know, variety and such...

Thanks, I am not trying to be a dick, but even in the Justice Leauge Unlimited cartoon (non canon I know) Superman is really one step away from being and Overlord pr*ck. In the comics there is no way the DC heores would tolerate the disrespect the marvel universe population throws around. Superman would be pissed.

Raoul
Thanks, I am not trying to be a dick, but even in the Justice Leauge Unlimited cartoon (non canon I know) Superman is really one step away from being and Overlord pr*ck. In the comics there is no way the DC heores would tolerate the disrespect the marvel universe population throws around. Superman would be pissed.

Superman is a pr*ck in that show, and i absolutely hate how inaccurate its is, because he's truly nothing like that in the comics. he has some awesome action scenes, but they make him out to be an incredible ass at times, when there was no need to...

He was better in his show that came before JLU. In that, he was closer to being the proper Superman imo...

guy222
Marvel Earth

Sin I AM
Originally posted by guy222
Marvel Earth

such an in-depth answer stick out tongue

Even though u didnt ask, Id rather live in a D&D type setting, maybe DragonLance, Forgotten Realms or Dark Sun...Normal Humans have so much innate potential there and if you stay away from taverns, princesses, and treasure your pretty much safe.

Alas, but to answer your question Narvel Earth would probably be safer with so many organizations attempting to police up metahuman affairs. As opposed to D.C where damn near every chump is a mid-level herald. You dont see Thanos trying to take over Kansas like Darkseid does, besides any universe with joker in it would scare me. Plus my mothers maiden name is Grey so I would eventually become omnipotent anyway

Raoul
we should add more earth's to this thread... i don't want to live in either, i need more choices...

mhmm

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
hysterical

Sometimes I miss that dude.

Anyways, Marvel. I really don't like DC's cosmological system where there is much more of a cap to the power one can acquire. In Marvel, its pretty much survival of the fittest. As long as you replace whatever you're destroying, its all good. I say this because I would so get me some super powers. stick out tongue

Sin I AM
what do you mean cap? are you suggesting that there is a limit to how much a character can achieve?

Enyalus
what do you mean cap? are you suggesting that there is a limit to how much a character can achieve?
Sure. In DC, you pretty much can't acquire more power than The Source. Usually no where close to it. And replacing The Presence? Forget about it. I mean, characters like Darkseid (FC) and Spectre are tremendously more powerful than usually most anyone can hope to achieve.

In Marvel, you can get artifacts or build tech and steal and usurp other abstracts positions with it being okay. TOAA is top dog, but he's just the writer. Its basically LT and that's it. And LT has been beaten before, more than once. As well as usually not giving a **** about anything that goes on within the multiverse, so you'd have more freedom to do whatever.

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Sure. In DC, you pretty much can't acquire more power than The Source. Usually no where close to it. And replacing The Presence? Forget about it. I mean, characters like Darkseid (FC) and Spectre are tremendously more powerful than usually most anyone can hope to achieve.

In Marvel, you can get artifacts or build tech and steal and usurp other abstracts positions with it being okay. TOAA is top dog, but he's just the writer. Its basically LT and that's it. And LT has been beaten before, more than once. As well as usually not giving a **** about anything that goes on within the multiverse, so you'd have more freedom to do whatever.

TOAA = The Presence, though, right?

Enyalus
TOAA = The Presence, though, right?
In company power, sure. In the way they're used? Nah. The Presence is very much inside the stories. DC's Heaven, all the characters attached to it, him interfering in the DOV arc and numerous other times, etc.

TOAA isn't like that. There is more freedom for someone to build up a higher power base without the chance of interference. I'd go grab me some of Sentry's super serum, break into Doom's lab and take his Power Cosmic draining machine. evil face

guy222
such an in-depth answer stick out tongue

Even though u didnt ask, Id rather live in a D&D type setting, maybe DragonLance, Forgotten Realms or Dark Sun...Normal Humans have so much innate potential there and if you stay away from taverns, princesses, and treasure your pretty much safe.

Alas, but to answer your question Narvel Earth would probably be safer with so many organizations attempting to police up metahuman affairs. As opposed to D.C where damn near every chump is a mid-level herald. You dont see Thanos trying to take over Kansas like Darkseid does, besides any universe with joker in it would scare me. Plus my mothers maiden name is Grey so I would eventually become omnipotent anyway

Yay stick out tongue wink

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
In company power, sure. In the way they're used? Nah. The Presence is very much inside the stories. DC's Heaven, all the characters attached to it, him interfering in the DOV arc and numerous other times, etc.

TOAA isn't like that. There is more freedom for someone to build up a higher power base without the chance of interference. I'd go grab me some of Sentry's super serum, break into Doom's lab and take his Power Cosmic draining machine. evil face

ah. yeah...

meh. i'd be happy at high herald, tbh...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>