Qui-Gonns Past

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
I read that he has had three apprentices before Obi-Wan. Do you know who they were?

Xizor
I heard that his first apprentice bacame a knight, thus allowing QG to become a master. QG's second Padawan failed to reach Knighthood and this brought a kind of shame to QG. I think this apprentice should be Aurra Sing, since we've established that she is force sensative and her being kicked out could add a revenge aspect to her killing of the Jedi. His third apprentice was obviously Obi-Wan.

theEviljedi
No Aurra was tought by a woman Jedi who thought Ki Adi Mundi.

Jedi Mercenary
It was Ki-adi who trained her.

Ratcat
No, Aurra Sing was trained by "The Dark Woman", A Jedi Master who also identified Ki-Adi Mundi as a potential Jedi.

Aurra left before her training was complete and took up a career as a Bounty Hunter.

Darth Heinous
Qui-Gon's first Padawan became a Jedi Knight. His/her name is unknown. Xanatos was Qui-Gon's second Padawan. Xanatos turns to the Darkside and ultimately commits suicide in front of Qui-Gon (and Ben). Ben/Obi-Wan Kenobi was Qui-Gon's third and final Padawan. Anakin Skywalker would have been Qui-Gon's fourth Padawan ... had Qui-Gon not been killed.

Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple
Wouldn't the Jedi Apprentice books offer the most info on this. They're written for younger readers, but I'm told they're actually very good.
I'm sure you can get all of them for a good price at Amazon or Barns & Noble.

tainted one
actually Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple, in the post just prior to yours, Darth Heinous's information comes from those very books (Jedi Aprentice by Jude Watson, and one by Dave Wolverton). as you say, they are written for a junior audience, but that doesn't mean they are poorly written. you can knock 2 or 3 of them out in an afternoon if you read fast.

Ben Carozza
What about Obi-Wan's statement: "Don't defy the council, Master. Not again." (or something like that)

Do you think this was just there to hammer home the fact that Qui-Gonn's nature is often defiant? -- or do you think (as some rumours have indicated) that we will find out more about this past incident?

Xantos Clone
Hmmm....I think lines like that may have been to describe his character a bit, but you may be on to something about seeing or hearing about other past rebelious acts....

Also, it's obvious that Obi Was has now taken on his master's rebelious style in his honer....He already has started to display this with Yoda at the end of TPM.....I also looks like (from the spy pics) that Obi wan is starting to look like qui gon....

"Master Yoda....I gave Qui-Gon my word...I will train the boy...against the council's permission if I must" (or something like that...)

Xantos Clone
Oh Yea!! by the way....the first jedi trained by qui gon is a known character who is on the council in TPM.....it's another female who at some point was rumered to be played by (scully-xfiles) in EP III... it was never confirmed, but I did hear it not too long ago somewhere....it stuck in my head.

Hey....maybe that's where Mulder went....she is looking for him in a galaxy far far away....

Neobi Kenobi
I read Jedi Apprentices and yes they are meant for younger people but I find them very good and I can't wait until the next one comes out. They also afore information, such as did you know Obi-Wan left the Jedi for a few months and watched one of his best friends (I think she was more than a friend if you know what I mean.)die in his arms?

Ushgarak
Sorry to hammer the point in, but remember that information is not canonical, so it cannot be presented as fact.

Neobi Kenobi
"You must choose,Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon told him quietly. "You can go with me now, or stay. Know that if you stay, you are no longer a jedi." ... "I have found something here more important than the Jedi code," Obi-Wan said slowly. "Something not only woth fighting for, but worth dying for." Obi-Wan handed his lightsaber to Qui-Gon. "You may go, Qui-Gon Jinn. But I will stay."

-The Defenders of the Dead, Jedi Apprentice, Book #5, Pages 138 and 139

Ushgarak
Well, thanks for the extract... that doesn't make it canonical, you know. My ooint still stands.

JediOasis
It does sort of bring out that bull-headed attitude Yoda was talking about though. But you are right, its still not cannon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.