superman or Mjolnir (thors hammer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
which one would have a harder impact on hulk. This is a one hitter to the face.

Thor throwing his hammer at you at full force in our face. Or superman speed blitzing you in the face.

If you were the hulk and you didnt have a chose but to choose one and stay still and take it, you knowing the magnitude of both blows, which one would you choose.

Madvillain
hmm,, id rather take a blast from Mjolnir.

superman has hit people into outerspace.

Superherovandal
Supes can go faster than 3X lightspeed and his larger mass would cause him to hit with more force.

Madvillain
but then again Mjolnir isnt bound to the laws of physics. but then again someone like thanos has stopped it in mid-air.

yeah, supes should hit harder in any case.

TricksterPriest
I'd take the hammer. Supes could kill me in one shot. nosweat

jasonk3
Superman hits harder

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'd take the hammer. Supes could kill me in one shot. nosweat

Thor couldn't?

Damn, you must be nearly as strong as MasterBruce.

guy222
Originally posted by Soljer
Thor couldn't?

Damn, you must be nearly as strong as MasterBruce.

laughing out loud

Mjolnir

janus77
Superman.
The harder he comes in, the harder he gets knocked back.
Hitting Hulk isn't a sensible or safe proposition. Superman will break his bones and probably toss The Hulk back a few continents but, The Hulk will recover instantly, Superman will not.

though Thor's hammer is the easier one to survive, the fact remains that Thor wouldn't be hurt by it hitting The Hulk, whereas Superman definitely would get k.o.'d or at least a few broken bones, as a result of his attack.

Soljer
Originally posted by janus77
Superman will break his bones

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

janus77
well, it's conceivable ... and umm yeah the way I phrased it didn't help.
he's not going to launch that kind of a full frontal assault confused

still, Supes would get hurt, and that's what counts if you gotta take a shot from either of these two. one would utilise a weap and thus not feel anything, the other would feel plenty big grin

Soljer
well, it's conceivable ... and umm yeah the way I phrased it didn't help.
he's not going to launch that kind of a full frontal assault confused

still, Supes would get hurt, and that's what counts if you gotta take a shot from either of these two. one would utilise a weap and thus not feel anything, the other would feel plenty big grin

Superman didn't hurt himself when he punched Darkseid or the General. He sure as SHIT won't hurt himself on the Hulk.

UniOmni
Thor.

He's broken some mighty powerful characters with a landed charged hammer toss.

Plus, i'd wager that when Superman speedblitzes, he sacrifices power for more hits.

I'd take the numerous class 90 shots, rather than one possibly above the top tier shot.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UniOmni
Plus, i'd wager that when Superman speedblitzes, he sacrifices power for more hits.

Except that when he's going faster he'll being hitting hard simply because his fists are moving faster.

UniOmni
Oh.

We're not doing a peppershot blitz vs a charged hammer toss?

This is basically Superman coming in from the upper atmosphere to land one huge hit, vs a charged hammer throw from Thor?

I'd still take Thors for more damage, but ehhh.

janus77
Superman didn't hurt himself when he punched Darkseid or the General. He sure as SHIT won't hurt himself on the Hulk.
Well, We'll have to wait for another cross-over to see if that's true.

Darkseid, according to many, should not even notice Superman.
as long as Superman can be hurt, he can hurt himself punching The Hulk, imo.

Symmetric Chaos
As long as Superman can be hurt, he can hurt himself punching The Hulk, imo.

WHAT?

Soljer
Well, We'll have to wait for another cross-over to see if that's true.

Darkseid, according to many, should not even notice Superman.
as long as Superman can be hurt, he can hurt himself punching The Hulk, imo.

Well then, I hate to break it to you, buddy. Your opinion is wrong. no expression.

llagrok
Think the blitzing would hurt the most, yeah.

janus77
hmm, I thought I wrote in english. it looked like english. hmm... confused.

Symmetric Chaos
hmm, I thought I wrote in english. it looked like english. hmm... confused.

Anyone can be hurt. That doesn't mean that they'll hurt themselves punching Hulk.

janus77
Well then, I hate to break it to you, buddy. Your opinion is wrong. no expression.
never understood why people utilise that phrase. they always use it when at their most disingenuous.

of course you want me to be wrong, of course you want to inform me, that I am conclusively wrong. why else would you bother? big grin

anyhow, I'm gonna wait on some sort of an argument if no comic proof is available from a previous confrontation, or none is forthcoming in the form of an upcomming battle.

Soljer
never understood why people utilise that phrase. they always use it when at their most disingenuous.

of course you want me to be wrong, of course you want to inform me, that I am conclusively wrong. why else would you bother? big grin

anyhow, I'm gonna wait on some sort of an argument if no comic proof is available from a previous confrontation, or none is forthcoming in the form of an upcomming battle.

Comic proof? How about Superman not hurting himself on Darkseid, Doomsday, the General, Despero, etc. All of whom are the Hulk's superior by leaps and friggin bounds.

janus77
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Anyone can be hurt. That doesn't mean that they'll hurt themselves punching Hulk.
true, but I believe if you're slamming into The Hulk at that speed and he's prepared, you're gonna hurt yourself badly as well as hurting The Hulk.

you aren't going to rip right through him, you're going to bounce off of him, some of that energy tossing him off the face of the continent, and some of that chucking you back into the upper atmosphere.

now if Superman can be hurt, I'm pretty sure that something like that would hurt him.

TricksterPriest
true, but I believe if you're slamming into The Hulk at that speed and he's prepared, you're gonna hurt yourself badly as well as hurting The Hulk.

you aren't going to rip right through him, you're going to bounce off of him, some of that energy tossing him off the face of the continent, and some of that chucking you back into the upper atmosphere.

now if Superman can be hurt, I'm pretty sure that something like that would hurt him.

What the f**k? Supes WENT THROUGH THE GENERAL. Hulk will die if Supes goes head-on at him.

janus77
Comic proof? How about Superman not hurting himself on Darkseid, Doomsday, the General, Despero, etc. All of whom are the Hulk's superior by leaps and friggin bounds.
I thought he got k.o.'d first time he fought DD and, as I said before, Darkseid's supposed to be leagues above Superman according to many of the fans here... so I'm not taking that too seriously.

As to the rest of it, just haven't seen scans or read that. so my comment stands. holding an opinion in the absence of proof is not sacrilage I hope?

Soljer
He got killed fighting Doomsday, and that was only because of the length of the fight, and Doomsday's adaptation. He started off owning Doomsday.

Besides, DoS Clark is NOTHING compared to current Clark.

Soljer
I thought he got k.o.'d first time he fought DD and, as I said before, Darkseid's supposed to be leagues above Superman according to many of the fans here... so I'm not taking that too seriously.

As to the rest of it, just haven't seen scans or read that. so my comment stands. holding an opinion in the absence of proof is not sacrilage I hope?

Holding an opinion in presence of proof otherwise is pretty close...

Symmetric Chaos
Holding an opinion in the absence of proof is not sacrilage I hope?

You know what place you would like. The religion forum.

janus77
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
What the f**k? Supes WENT THROUGH THE GENERAL. Hulk will die if Supes goes head-on at him.
don't their punches tend to bounce characters from planet to planet or continent to continent?

I've seen Superman's heatvision cutting off The General's arm, so not sure if he's more a regenerative freak than a super durable one...

TricksterPriest
http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=generalvsjla1di5.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=generalvsjla2eq9.jpg

and if he can go through The General, Hulk will die.

Edit: Please do not mock the general. He shits on Hulk. shocklaugh

janus77
Holding an opinion in presence of proof otherwise is pretty close...
I don't think you got what I said.
your 'proof' is analogy, not reasoning nor fact (ie scans of past encounters). analogy only works if you can explain what elements are analogous, and then only upto that degree.

you tell me about these characters, I reply that in some of the instances you mention, certain other things and takes seem to be valid (for instance, the whole DS fanbase that says Superman shouldn't even be a nuisance to DS). or the fact that Superman (and I only recall the KO) died trading blows with DD...

I'm thinking he's going to bounce off The Hulk, why? 'cos I do think The Hulk is that durable, that strong and 'unkillable'...
so if you're going to take a shot from either mjolnir or Superman, and you're The Hulk, then take it from Superman, at least you'll hurt him some rather than just standing there.

UniOmni
The General is made out of some uber plastic like material.

He's not made to be like steel, but like a sponge, taking damage and then resuming his normal form.

The General isn't leagues more durable than the Hulk, but he's stronger than his base.

Two different beasts.

And i'd doubt Superman can tear through the Hulk.

janus77
You know what place you would like. The religion forum.
ah but would they like me?
confused

Symmetric Chaos
ah but would they like me?
confused

Well they might kill you . . . stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
hmm you know, you should go to the religious forum. piss of...er, make new friends, say hi to people, and let them know the real you.

*whispers to Sym* He'll never make it out alive........

janus77
Well they might kill you . . . stick out tongue
feh, 3 days and I'll resurrect!

anyway, I think I weed on someone's tea there with a few comments about religion, space aliens and umm the History of certain Islamic States.

but I definitely find them a lot less ... passionate than some here confused.

Symmetric Chaos
but I definitely find them a lot less ... passionate than some here confused.

You really won't erm

SpunkySmurph

but I definitely find them a lot less ... passionate than some here confused. You think people are more passionate about comics than religion? ermmnone

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You think people are more passionate about comics than religion? ermmnone

Have you seen some of the threads in here?

stick out tongue.

janus77
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You think people are more passionate about comics than religion? ermmnone
well, I've yet to be told to P.O.A.D. (piss off and ...).
I'm halfway there, here big grin

seriously though, I entered only a few discussions there and managed to offend one person pretty gravely. though he somewhat trashed a nicely composed strawman of whatever it is I was saying that offended him so...

anyway, seriously, people are very passionate here. I find myself surprised at how quickly things turn into shouting matches no expression.

then again, maybe passion is a natural consequence of building "ordered" - pseudo-logical, vaguely reasoned - propositions on chaotic foundations ... hmm, religion and comics have common grounds! yes

Symmetric Chaos
Have you seen some of the threads in here?

stick out tongue.

Have you seen some of the people in the religion forum? sad

masterbruce
Have you seen some of the people in the religion forum? sad

religion is the most infuriating thing to debate because nobody ever changes their mind and while you CAN't prove God exists you also CAN"T prove he doesn't exist...oh wells

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by masterbruce
religion is the most infuriating thing to debate because nobody ever changes their mind and while you CAN't prove God exists you also CAN"T prove he doesn't exist...oh wells

Yes religious discussion can be complex.

The religion forum is far far worse than that kind of thing.

Soljer

You can't prove ANY negative. no expression.

Symmetric Chaos
You can't prove ANY negative. no expression.

Unless you're a god wink

janus77
but isn't it fun to proof that Frodd could exist and that he might have written the Book of C## and that if you compile C## correctly you will have Halle Berry all to yourself in the afterlife big grin

actually, what's the difference between religious debates and comic book vs battles?

all arguments have a basic level of validity because they cannot be disproved, and there is rarely the necessary proof available to conclude a matter.

for instance, Surfer vs Superman. we're pretty much agreed that Surfer beats Superman, but that's only 'cos we are reasoning in a specific way, and taking the ambiguities that exist, out of consideration.

not saying all arguments are equally valid (BP arm lock, breaks that proposition down) but that there are very few conclusive and irrefutable positions.

TricksterPriest
but in comic books, there's a thing called canon and arguements can be proven wrong. On-panel feats are the higher authority. In religion, the books all disagree with each other and the canon makes no sense. stick out tongue and you can never truly prove someone wrong.

janus77
I believe this is where the terms PIS and CIS come in, to thoroughly bugger the notion of cannon and on-panel coherence :P

Surfer - Black Panther, Spiderman - cement - Juggernaut, Hulk - Namor, Squirrel Girl - ... anybody no expression. ...

comic books and religion ... the parallels abound! yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.