Your Favorite Five

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason Redfield
Alright, I'm pretty much making up this thread because I'm bored, and it's mostly for my own benefit. Now, the point is to name your favorite five (it doesn't HAVE to be five, whatever number you feel comfortable with, really) characters. They can be from Marvel or DC, and they can super heroes or villains. Rank them from you least to most favorite.

Now you're probably wondering why this is in the 'Versus' Forum. Well, after you've listed the characters, say which one you think would win in a free-for-all fight.

For example, my favorites are:

1. Blade (Most Favorite)

2. Punisher

3. The Thing

4. Nick Fury

5. Deadpool

6. Colossus

7. Captain America (Least Favorite)

Alright, now, in a fight, it's pretty hard for me to decide. Punisher, as much as I respect him, might get knocked out early due to the ineffectiveness of his firearms against some of the other characters (unless he's packing some high-explosives). The same goes for Blade and Nick Fury. All three of which would do some damage before going down. Now, Captain America is a bit outclassed against the rest of the characters, he would put up a pretty good melee, but, overall, even his shield couldn't do anything to a large man made of rock or organic steel, and any blow he landed on Deadpool would most likely regenerate. Alright, three to go. Two strong men: The Thing and Colossus, and then there's that crazy merc.

Now I doubt any attack by super heroes, even ones as strong as these other two would do any lasting damage to Deadpool. However, here's where I have to simply draw the line. Deadpool COULD win the fight at this point if he has some heavy weapons on him and gets crafty. But for the sake of the other two, I'm going to assume that one of the strong men find a way to disable him.

Now, it's just down to The Thing and Colossus. Both are highly durable and have immense strength, although some would regard each as "Class-B" heroes (a classification I don't agree with). However this would be an entertaining fight nonetheless.

Both, as far as I know, aren't necessarily geniuses, but they don't lose their intelligence in their forms. So they're evenly matched as normal humans in the intellect category.

Then for speed. Either, I suppose, can leap small distance, and I know for a fact that The Thing can build up some momentum when he charges. Again, speed isn't anything special.

Now, for durability. This is a hard category. I honestly don't know which is more durable. I got two opinions, and one said that Colossus because he is made of metal, which is of course, stronger than rock. The other person said The Thing. I honestly can't decide. What do you guys think?

As for strength, I'll give it to The The Thing, he just seems bigger and tougher.

However, I think these two would just end up getting fatigued, not being able to do any real damage unless they get crafty and use the environment, etc.

So, that's my battle. Name you favorites, and let them battle. Give opinions on others' battles if you wish (mine included).

guy222
Originally posted by Jason Redfield
Alright, I'm pretty much making up this thread because I'm bored, and it's mostly for my own benefit. Now, the point is to name your favorite five (it doesn't HAVE to be five, whatever number you feel comfortable with, really) characters. They can be from Marvel or DC, and they can super heroes or villains. Rank them from you least to most favorite.

Now you're probably wondering why this is in the 'Versus' Forum. Well, after you've listed the characters, say which one you think would win in a free-for-all fight.

For example, my favorites are:

1. Blade (Most Favorite)

2. Punisher

3. The Thing

4. Nick Fury

5. Deadpool

6. Colossus

7. Captain America (Least Favorite)

Alright, now, in a fight, it's pretty hard for me to decide. Punisher, as much as I respect him, might get knocked out early due to the ineffectiveness of his firearms against some of the other characters (unless he's packing some high-explosives). The same goes for Blade and Nick Fury. All three of which would do some damage before going down. Now, Captain America is a bit outclassed against the rest of the characters, he would put up a pretty good melee, but, overall, even his shield couldn't do anything to a large man made of rock or organic steel, and any blow he landed on Deadpool would most likely regenerate. Alright, three to go. Two strong men: The Thing and Colossus, and then there's that crazy merc.

Now I doubt any attack by super heroes, even ones as strong as these other two would do any lasting damage to Deadpool. However, here's where I have to simply draw the line. Deadpool COULD win the fight at this point if he has some heavy weapons on him and gets crafty. But for the sake of the other two, I'm going to assume that one of the strong men find a way to disable him.

Now, it's just down to The Thing and Colossus. Both are highly durable and have immense strength, although some would regard each as "Class-B" heroes (a classification I don't agree with). However this would be an entertaining fight nonetheless.

Both, as far as I know, aren't necessarily geniuses, but they don't lose their intelligence in their forms. So they're evenly matched as normal humans in the intellect category.

Then for speed. Either, I suppose, can leap small distance, and I know for a fact that The Thing can build up some momentum when he charges. Again, speed isn't anything special.

Now, for durability. This is a hard category. I honestly don't know which is more durable. I got two opinions, and one said that Colossus because he is made of metal, which is of course, stronger than rock. The other person said The Thing. I honestly can't decide. What do you guys think?

As for strength, I'll give it to The The Thing, he just seems bigger and tougher.

However, I think these two would just end up getting fatigued, not being able to do any real damage unless they get crafty and use the environment, etc.

So, that's my battle. Name you favorites, and let them battle. Give opinions on others' battles if you wish (mine included).

1. LT
2. Celestials
3. Hulk
4. Logan
5. Ghost Rider
6. Phoenix Force
7. Jamie Braddock

Starhawk
This will get moved or closed.

Soljer
Colossus beats the Thing. He outclasses him in every area.

And this isn't really a versus thread, but I could see Digi allowing it. It has versus tones.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Starhawk
This will get moved or closed. If the thread confuses you, no need to get hostile. Here, I'll help you.

Your favourites would probably be

1. Phoenix
2. Bastion
3. Extant
4. Wolverine
6. Eclipso
7. Starhawk

Right?

hmm

I think Phoenix gets owned by Wolverine.

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
If the thread confuses you, no need to get hostile. Here, I'll help you.

Your favourites would probably be

1. Phoenix
2. Bastion
3. Extant
4. Wolverine
6. Eclipso
7. Starhawk

Right?

hmm

I think Phoenix gets owned by Wolverine. laughing

Badabing
1. Batman
2. Hulk
3. Captain Marvel (DC)
4. Spider-Man
5. Superman
6. Wolverine
7. Flash
8. Thing

masterbruce
Favorite Five or Favorite Seven?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by masterbruce
Favorite Five or Favorite Seven?

Guy went to 7

Spunky forgot #5

Bada went to 8

I'd say just go nuts.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Guy went to 7

Spunky forgot #5

Bada went to 8

I'd say just go nuts. I accidentaly highlighted and erased number five... not that it matters. Richards wouldn't really even matter in this battle. smile

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Guy went to 7

Spunky forgot #5

Bada went to 8

I'd say just go nuts.

Guy was goin for more stick out tongue

TheEvilHex
1.Juggernaut
2.Spider-man
3.IronMan
4.Wolverine
5.Holocaust
6.Punisher
7.Rouge
8.Batman

Juggs stomps em all.

guy222
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I accidentaly highlighted and erased number five... not that it matters. Richards wouldn't really even matter in this battle. smile

Hey Smurph

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by guy222
Hey Smurph wavey

WorldWarHulk
1. Thanos
2. Galactus
3. Tyrant
4. Silver Surfer
5. Black Adam
6. James Bond
7. Masterbruce
8. Batman
9. Mar-Vell
10. Captain Britain
11. Spectre
12. Eternity
13. Adam Warlock
14. Lucifer Morningstar
15. Mongul
16. Superboy Prime
17. Despero
18. Thor
19. Beta Ray Bill
20. Deadpool
21. Dr Doom
22. Morg
23. Stardust
24. Magneto
25. Genis-Vell
26. Annihilus
27. Super Skrull
28. Ghost Rider
29. Hercules
30. Black Panther
31. Sentry
32. Hal Jordan
33. Kyle Rayner
34. Kilowog
35. Wally West
36. Loki
37. Magneto
38. Exodus
39. Namor
40. Amazo
41. Martian Manhunter
42. Odin
43. Onslaught (first form)
44. Surtur
45. Ymir
46. Omega Red
47. Gladiator
48. Darkseid
49. Venom
50. Carnage
51. Micheal
52. Toxin
53. Vision
54. Wonder Man
55. Alan Scott
56. Captain Marvel
57. Deathstroke
58. Doomsday
59. Karate Kid
60. General

*I'd say 1-10 are really the only ones in order... the rest were just characters popping up, off the top of my mind, that I liked*

Between masterbruce, and James Bond.

Faceman
1. Batman
2. Thor
3. Mar-Vell
4. Silver Surfer
5. Green Lantern Hal

Cant decide who would win...

Symmetric Chaos
Strange
GreenLantern (Hal or Kyle)
Flash (Wally)
DrDoom
Thor

I'd put my money on Strange to win.

Faceman
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
1. Thanos
2. Galactus
3. Tyrant
4. Silver Surfer
5. Black Adam
6. James Bond
7. Masterbruce
8. Batman
9. Mar-Vell
10. Captain Britain
11. Spectre
12. Eternity
13. Adam Warlock
14. Lucifer Morningstar
15. Mongul
16. Superboy Prime
17. Despero
18. Thor
19. Beta Ray Bill
20. Deadpool
21. Dr Doom
22. Morg
23. Stardust
24. Magneto
25. Genis-Vell
26. Annihilus
27. Super Skrull
28. Ghost Rider
29. Hercules
30. Black Panther
31. Sentry
32. Hal Jordan
33. Kyle Rayner
34. Kilowog
35. Wally West
36. Loki
37. Magneto
38. Exodus
39. Namor
40. Amazo
41. Martian Manhunter
42. Odin
43. Onslaught (first form)
44. Surtur
45. Ymir
46. Omega Red
47. Gladiator
48. Darkseid
49. Venom
50. Carnage
51. Micheal
52. Toxin
53. Vision
54. Wonder Man
55. Alan Scott
56. Captain Marvel
57. Deathstroke
58. Doomsday
59. Karate Kid
60. General

*I'd say 1-10 are really the only ones in order... the rest were just characters popping up, off the top of my mind, that I liked*

Between masterbruce, and James Bond. Umm, where's Hulk? confused

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by Faceman
1. Batman
2. Thor
3. Mar-Vell
4. Silver Surfer
5. Green Lantern Hal

Cant decide who would win... Originally posted by Faceman
Umm, where's Hulk? confused

D-Block
1. Captain Marvel (DC-Billy) A.K.A Marvel
2. Thor
3. Blade
4. Black Adam
5. Sentry
6. Superman

Currently Billy wins

Galan007
1.) All-Star Superman
2.) Superman 1M
3.) Darkseid
4.) Zoom
5.) Superboy Prime

And Supes 1M takes them all IMO...

Faceman
Originally posted by Galan007
1.) All-Star Superman
2.) Superman 1M
3.) Darkseid
4.) Zoom
5.) Superboy Prime

And Supes 1M takes them all IMO... I take it you like D.c. Comics.... big grin

Skeets
1.Spider-man
2.The Silver Surfer
3.The Spectre(James Corrigan)
4.Green Lantern Hal Jordan
5.The Incredible Hulk

I think we all know who'd win....

Faceman
Originally posted by Skeets
1.Spider-man
2.The Silver Surfer
3.The Spectre(James Corrigan)
4.Green Lantern Hal Jordan
5.The Incredible Hulk

I think we all know who'd win.... Spider -man? confused

Skeets
Obviously.

endrict
Midnighter (His new solo run sucks though)
Logan (old school)
Batman
Superman
Spiderman

Sups wins.

golem370
Colossus is not more experienced and not a better fighter.

Low Level Power
Deadpool
Gun Runner
Midnight
Dreadnought

Midlevel power
Black Tarantula
Iron Spider-Man
Micromax
Quasimodo

High Level Power
Thanos
Morg/Power Cosmic
Enslaver
High Evolutionary
Super-Adaptoid

Galan007
I take it you like D.c. Comics.... big grin How'd you guess? 313

masterbruce
1. Spectre
2. Mxy
3. LT
4. Galactus
5. Superman Prime

Who wins? Superman Prime

Galan007
Who wins? Superman Prime Based solely on your unjust over-hype of that character? yes

Based on actual feats? no

Priest
1.) All-Star Superman
2.) Superman 1M
3.) Darkseid
4.) Zoom
5.) Superboy Prime

And Supes 1M takes them all IMO...
NOT DARKSEID?!! omg
Mine would be
Silver Surfer
Genis
Deadpool
Thor
Hulk
Thor would win

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
NOT DARKSEID?!! DS is actually a great character, with an awesome history IMO. cool

Don't let the fanboys ruin that for you...

Priest

Don't let the fanboys ruin that for you...
Like BoardWalker? 313

Mindship
1. Silver Surfer
2. Superman
3. Hulk
4&5. Power Girl

Surfer takes this...unless PG gets, um, "creative."

Galan007
Like BoardWalker? 313 Well,

I'm not going to name....... any names... evillaugh

masterbruce
Based solely on your unjust over-hype of that character? yes

Based on actual feats? no

based on Prime being the only one who hasn't been punk'd ever

Galan007
based on Prime being the only one who hasn't been punk'd ever Yeah that's really impressive,

A guy who appeared on like 5 total pages, didn't get punked... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The most impressive thing SMP did was crush Solaris, (after Superman 1M nearly burned it out by himself).

Priest
based on Prime being the only one who hasn't been punk'd ever
Oh Shit, Sentry hasent been punked yet!
Sentry> LT omg

masterbruce
Sentry> LT omg

has Sentry defeated the greatest threat facing his universe singehandedly in one friggin panel?

yeah, I thought so.

Priest
has Sentry defeated the greatest threat facing his universe singehandedly in one friggin panel?

yeah, I thought so.
The most impressive thing SMP did was crush Solaris, (after Superman 1M nearly burned it out by himself).

Galan007

yeah, I thought so. Dude, Superman 1M COULD HAVE beaten Solaris by himself.

The only reason he stopped was because he thought a K-Nite rocket had just been fired into the Sun (which would have killed Prime).

So when Prime crushed Solaris, it was nearly burned out. This takes quite alot away from that feat IMO.

masterbruce
Dude, Superman 1M COULD HAVE beaten Solaris by himself.

we don't know that for sure, that's your unsubstantiated speculation...and I don't tolerate guesses, even educated ones, in debates...no room for that.

oh, and stop hatin on Prime! Your smear campaign is starting to work.

Galan007
we don't know that for sure, that's your unsubstantiated speculation...and I don't tolerate guesses, even educated ones, in debates...no room for that. Try and tolerate this "unsubstantiated speculation" if you would... roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Superman 1M:

"My force-vision will serve to cement your plasma bottle, but my concentration has to remain on this task until Solaris safely exhausts his supply of Oxygen."

Once his FV was applied, Superman 1M could have beaten Solaris:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_kr1.jpg

Why didn't Superman 1M go on to defeat Solaris you ask?

Because Solaris sent what he thought was a K-Nite rocket directly into the Sun, and S1M thought this rocket would kill Superman Prime, so S1M let down his force-vision:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_kr2.jpg

How do I know Superman 1M let down his force-vision you ask?

Because earlier he said that his concentration needed to remain on Solaris until it extinguished itself...

But you can clearly see him directing his concentration elsewhere, as he converses with Kyle Rayner, and uses his super-hearing to listen to a conversation between Resurrection Man/Martian Manhunter, on Mars:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_kr3.jpg

How else do I know Superman 1M let down his force-vision you ask?

Because right before Superman Prime crushed Solaris with the last GL ring, we see a panel of Solaris...

Do you see force-vision around Solaris?:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_kr4-1.jpg

Me either....

What I do see is a panel of Solaris, who was already nearly beaten. big grin

Estacado
1.Darkness
2.Venom
3.Doomsday
4.General
5.Takion
6.Darkseid
7.Thanos
8.Ion
9.Despero
10.Silver Surfer
11.Genis-Vell
12.Spectre
13.Stardust
14.Magneto
15.Havok
16.Amazo
17.Black Adam
18.Pitt
19.Namor
20.Spider-Man
21.Onslaught
22.Captain Atom
23.Nimrod

masterbruce
Try and tolerate this "unsubstantiated speculation" if you would... roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Superman 1M:

"My force-vision will serve to cement your plasma bottle, but my concentration has to remain on this task until Solaris safely exhausts his supply of Oxygen."

Once his FV was applied, Superman 1M could have beaten Solaris:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_kr1.jpg

Why didn't Superman 1M go on to defeat Solaris you ask?

Because Solaris sent what he thought was a K-Nite rocket directly into the Sun, and S1M thought this rocket would kill Superman Prime, so S1M let down his force-vision:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_kr2.jpg

How do I know Superman 1M let down his force-vision you ask?

Because earlier he said that his concentration needed to remain on Solaris until it extinguished itself...

But you can clearly see him directing his concentration elsewhere, as he converses with Kyle Rayner, and uses his super-hearing to listen to a conversation between Resurrection Man/Martian Manhunter, on Mars:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_kr3.jpg

How else do I know Superman 1M let down his force-vision you ask?

Because right before Superman Prime crushed Solaris with the last GL ring, we see a panel of Solaris...

Do you see a GL construct, or force-vision around Solaris?:

Me either....

What I do see is a panel of Solaris, who was already nearly beaten. big grin

1. even if S1M thought Prime was gonna get killed, why the hell did he let down the FV then? wouldn't it be more reason for him to finish off Solaris rather than let Solaris catch a second breath...esp since he thought their savior, Prime, was gonna be killed? And don't tell me he was emotional, the guy can do 1 billion calculations in his head in a sec so he would know that the smart thing in that case was to finish off Solaris if Prime was killed....not let Solaris have a second breath, which was the case.

the reason he let the FV down was because he knew without Prime...it was futile to continue on.

2. If Solaris was close to death, why'd he even try to hurt Prime? wouldn't he focus his attention on S1M.

The reason was that Solaris knew Prime was the only chance of defeated whereas S1M was just a gadfly, annoying but trivial. Solaris knew he had to kill Prime before Prime made his move.

Estacado
Solaris was contaigned by Kyle.

Galan007
1. even if S1M thought Prime was gonna get killed, why the hell did he let down the FV then? wouldn't it be more reason for him to finish off Solaris rather than let Solaris catch a second breath...esp since he thought their savior, Prime, was gonna be killed? And don't tell me he was emotional, the guy can do 1 billion calculations in his head in a sec so he would know that the smart thing in that case was to finish off Solaris if Prime was killed....not let Solaris have a second breath, which was the case.

the reason he let the FV down was because he knew without Prime...it was futile to continue on. My God,

S1M thought Prime was just killed, that's why he let down his FV, had he kept it up, Solaris would have been extinguished (as is apparent in the last scan I posted).

2. If Solaris was close to death, why'd he even try to hurt Prime? wouldn't he focus his attention on S1M.

The reason was that Solaris knew Prime was the only chance of defeated whereas S1M was just a gadfly, annoying but trivial. Solaris knew he had to kill Prime before Prime made his move. Solaris was extremely close to being extinguished, anyone with half a brain cell can see that.

And Solaris didn't try to fight anyone because he thought his plan of killing Prime was successful. smileOriginally posted by Estacado
Solaris was contaigned by Kyle. For a very short while? yes

masterbruce
My God,

S1M thought Prime was just killed, that's why he let down his FV, had he kept it up, Solaris would have been extinguished (as is apparent in the last scan I posted).

Solaris was extremely close to being extinguished, anyone with half a brain cell can see that.

And Solaris didn't try to fight anyone because he thought his plan of killing Prime was successful. smile For a very short while? yes

you still didn't answer my question.

1. Why did S1M let down his FV? to let Solaris get a second breath and regroup so he becomes an even bigger threat?

2. yeah you're gonna say its because he thought Prime was gonna get killed. So how did him letting down his FV help Prime in any way?

masterbruce

Solaris was extremely close to being extinguished, anyone with half a brain cell can see that.

unfortunately, I have a bit more than 'half a brain cell', so I can't see it.

Galan007
1. Why did S1M let down his FV? to let Solaris get a second breath and regroup so he becomes an even bigger threat? Solaris was hardly a major threat at the time, (as he was nearly extinguished). wink

Also, S1M thought the guy he had been waiting to see was just killed.

Solaris was the least of his worries then.

2. yeah you're gonna say its because he thought Prime was gonna get killed. So how did him letting down his FV help Prime in any way? Yep,

You answered your own question. smile

Galan007
unfortunately, I have a bit more than 'half a brain cell', so I can't see it. *Sighs*

Solaris at his best, (pre-near-extinguishment):

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_so1.jpg

Solaris right after Supes 1M let down his FV:

One would hope you can see the difference.

So as I said before:

masterbruce
Solaris was hardly a major threat at the time, (as he was nearly extinguished). wink

Also, S1M thought the guy he had been waiting to see was just killed.

Solaris was the least of his worries then.

Yep,

You answered your own question. smile

so S1M can't hold up his FV and be sad at the same time?

Galan007
so S1M can't hold up his FV and be sad at the same time? I never said he couldn't do both.

But after S1M thought Prime had just been killed, beating Solaris was no longer a huge "priority".

masterbruce
I never said he couldn't do both.

But after S1M thought Prime had just been killed, beating Solaris was no longer a huge "priority".

I understand that's your point...I just find that kinda ludicrous logic.

How does Prime's death effect the priority of stopping Solaris? Did Prime dying somehow make Solaris less of a threat?

D-Block
so S1M can't hold up his FV and be sad at the same time?

He couldn't try and save SMP and hold up his FV at the same time.

Galan007
How does Prime's death effect the priority of stopping Solaris? Did Prime dying somehow make Solaris less of a threat? It's a comic dude, not everything written makes perfect sense to everyone reading.

But as you can see by the scans I posted, S1M clearly let down his FV, after he thought Prime had just been killed.

There's really no arguing it, as it's clear that's what happened IMO. erm

Galan007
Originally posted by D-Block
He couldn't try and save SMP and hold up his FV at the same time. Exactly...

Because as S1M himself even said,

"My concentration has to remain on this task until Solaris safely exhausts his supply of o2".

Soljer
I understand that's your point...I just find that kinda ludicrous logic.

How does Prime's death effect the priority of stopping Solaris? Did Prime dying somehow make Solaris less of a threat?

Solaris was the bad guy in the movie that just got blown to shit, shot twice, and impaled on a church steeple.

He was still breathing, but he wasn't the bad ass martial artist you saw in the first fifteen minutes of the movie. He was no longer a serious threat.

Besides that, S1M thought, basically, that both his Father and his 'Jesus' just died. That might make you shift your focus.

Soljer
It's a comic dude, not everything written makes perfect sense to everyone reading.

But as you can see by the scans I posted, S1M clearly let down his FV, after he thought Prime had just been killed.

It's not in your opinion.

It's perfectly clear what happened.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
It's not in your opinion.

It's perfectly clear what happened. Cool! smile

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer

Besides that, S1M thought, basically, that both his Father and his 'Jesus' just died. That might make you shift your focus.

umm that would make S1M apply more pressure to snuff out Solaris.

In movies, when the heroes loved ones get killed, the hero grits his teeth and finishes off the bad guy with vengeance...they don't lose sight of their target to weep.

Galan007
umm that would make S1M apply more pressure to snuff out Solaris.

In movies, when the heroes loved ones get killed, the hero grits his teeth and finishes off the bad guy with vengeance...they don't lose sight of their target to weep. Sweet Jesus, what don't you get?

S1M didn't need to worry about Solaris at all.

Why?

Because he wasn't even a threat anymore, he was bordering death.

masterbruce

I agree that's what happened, but our interpretations of intent differs:

1. You think S1M is so griefstricken and shocked that he simply couldn't hold his FV any longer.

2. My view is that S1M, thinking that Prime was killed, gave up hope and realized his efforts would be futile.

Galan007
1. You think S1M is so griefstricken and shocked that he simply couldn't hold his FV any longer.

Nope...

I think/know:Originally posted by Galan007

Why?

2. My view is that S1M, thinking that Prime was killed, gave up hope and realized his efforts would be futile. His efforts would be futile?

Do you not understand that S1M could have killed Solaris or what?

masterbruce
Sweet Jesus, what don't you get?

Why?

So you don't think DC meant to impress fans with that feat of Primes?

So DC wanted to introduce Prime by having him finish off a crippled weakened non-threat? I don't buy it.

masterbruce

Do you not understand that S1M could have killed Solaris or what?

I don't agree S1M could've killed Solaris...even without o2, Solaris was far from being dead.

Prime literally squished Solaris into atoms...whereas S1M never could do that.

Galan007
So you don't think DC meant to impress fans with that feat of Primes? It doesn't matter what I think DC intended Prime to do. erm

I'm only looking at what he did do.
So DC wanted to introduce Prime by having him finish off a crippled weakened non-threat? I don't buy it. I could care less what "you buy"...

It's painfully obvious that Prime merely crushed an almost extinguished/beaten Solaris.

It's a good feat for S1M, but not much to talk about for Primey.

Galan007
Prime literally squished Solaris Wrong.

Prime squished an almost dead Solaris. smile

Estacado
Galan you fool!!!!
Superman prime>>>Spectre.
Ok?

D-Block

So DC wanted to introduce Prime by having him finish off a crippled weakened non-threat? I don't buy it.

That's what happened he finished off a crippled threat. Not saying that he couldn't have defeated him at full power since S1M almost did it I'm sure SMP could have it just didn't happen that way.

masterbruce
It doesn't matter what I think DC intended Prime to do. erm

I'm only looking at what he did do.
I could care less what "you buy"...

It's painfully obvious that Prime merely crushed an almost extinguished/beaten Solaris.

It's a good feat for S1M, but not much to talk about for Primey.

we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Galan007
Originally posted by Estacado
Galan you fool!!!!
Superman prime>>>Spectre.
Ok? Shit!

I forgot about that! doh

stick out tongue

TheEvilHex
Sentry> LT omg IronMan did.

Scoobless
1. Batman
2. Thor
3. Mar-Vell
4. Silver Surfer
5. Green Lantern Hal

Cant decide who would win...

Definitely Batman FTW.

yes

Galan007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Definitely Batman FTW.

yes Batman ftw?

Or Bat-kick ftw?

confused

StarsNeverFall7
1. Deadpool
2. Midnighter
3. Iron Fist
4. Daredevil
5. Silver Surfer
6. Hulk

WorldWarHulk

So DC wanted to introduce Prime by having him finish off a crippled weakened non-threat? I don't buy it. Originally posted by masterbruce
we don't know that for sure, that's your unsubstantiated speculation...and I don't tolerate guesses, even educated ones, in debates...no room for that.

oh, and stop hatin on Prime! Your smear campaign is starting to work.

FOOM
My favourite heroes are based mostly on personality.
1. Iron Fist
2. Black Panther
3. Spider-man
4. The Thing
5. Sasquatch
(Honourable mention Beast, Puck and Psylock)

Not all that powerful. Many of them would get owned by some of my least favourite heroes:
1. Iron Man
2. Cap (although I began to like him more during Civil War)
3. Iceman
4. Major Maple Leaf
5. most of the youngsters rolling out of Xavier's mansion these days

Least favourite villians
Vulture - what's the point
Gravitron - if you had that kinda' power, shouldn't you...
Trapster

SevenShackles
1- General Zod
2- Black Adam
3- Juggernaut
4- Green Goblin
5- Apollo
6- Captain America
7- Wolverine
8- Lobo
9- Green Lantern
10- Captain Atom
11- Deadshot
12- The Ray
13- Savage Dragon

alot of random violence, Apollo gets his blood lusting hands on greengobin and beats his skull into the ground.. people die.
quickly after..
all kneel before ZOD! ... then black atom breaks him over his knee.
~fin~

Faceman
whatever, fuuck the mods. Let them ban me if they wish, I don't give a fuuck about this shithole anymore.

Badabing
Dude, what are you doing?

Entity
My favorites:

1.Spiderman
2.Daredevil
3.Blade
4.Iceman
5.Gambit
6.Nightwing
7.Kyle Rayner
8.Kon-El
9.Rogue
10.Wolverine

Who'd win?

1. Kyle (Ion or Green Lantern)...either way
2. Iceman
3. Kon-El
4. Rogue
5. Gambit
6. Spiderman
7. Wolverine
8. Blade
9. Daredevil
10. Nightwing

mykke
1. Thanos
2. Silver Surfer
3. Galactus
4. Spider-Man
5. Thor

Pretty easy to say who will win out of this one. Spider-Man goes down within the first 2 seconds, Followed by Thor after a little while, Then Silver Surfer, then Thanos, and obviously Galactus will be the last man standing.

capt it up
Wolverine
Spiderman
Night Crawler
Bruenor Battle Hammer
Drizzt
Miky
Tigra ( from the Thunder Cats)
Iron Fist
Captain America
New swordsmen
Winter soldier

Darth Martin
1. Batman
2. James Bond
3. Superman
4. Captain America
5. Deathstroke

Bond wins shifty

CaptainStoic
1. Spiderman
2. Pitt
3. Hulk
4. Lobo
5. Superman
6. Silver Surfer
7. Wolverine
8. Batman
9. Thanos
10. Captain Marvel (DC)
11. Wonder Woman
12. Majestic
This would make such a cool team

Priest
Surfer
Genis
Thor
Thanos
Spiderman
im going with Thanos .

icu311
1. Rune King Thor
2. Magneto
3. Juggernaut
4. Dr. Strange
5. Batman
6. Iron Man
7. Silver Surfer

Dr. Strange would win easily I think.

SnazzySmurph
Mario
Doop
Black Bolt
Fox
The Luggage
Domino
Luigi
Mr. Sinister
Dead Girl
Wario

I forgots some.

quanchi112
1 thanos (is anyone really surprised by this?)
2tyrant
heres where its all up for grabs and can change at a moments notice
3gog(kingdom)
4asmodel
5superboy prime
characters that really wanted to make my top five but didnt quit make the cut as of right now. in no particular order here.
honorable mentions:black adam,silver surfer,darkseid,desak,mordru,annihilus

Superman XX5
bump

Superman XX5
HEre's my list

1. Surfer
2. Supreme Power Hyperion
3. Insane Genis
4. Super-skrull
5. Beyonder

peejayd
Cyclops
Daredevil
Quasar
USAgent
Scarlet Spider
Superman
Nightwing

Slaanesh
Surfer
SBP
Hall Jordan
Sinestro
Atrocitus
Thanos
Ghost Rider

fangirl101
Wonder Woman
Thor
Maxima
Orion
Sersi

Darkised
The Afro Magus
Zoom
The Runner
Magneto

Galan007
All-Star Supes
Firestorm
Swamp Thing
Infinity Man
SMP

shokosugi
Superman (most favorite)
Batman
Dr. Strange
Iron Man
Spiderman (least)

Nihilist
1.thanos
2.apocalypse
2.black adam
4.thor
5.iron man

jrodslam
1.Iceman
2.Namor
3.Daredevil
4.Omega Red
5.Guy/Hal

Lantern ftw.

kgkg
1.) Joker
2.) Gladiator
3.) Silver Surfer
4.) SuperMan
5.) Batman
6.) Flash
7.) Hulk

Winner Surfer

rotiart
My top 5... god thats hard to narrow down... I guess I'll go with...
Hulk
Silver Surfer
Kyle Rayner
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Cyclops.

I see Surfer and Rayner duking it out in the skies... While Cap and Cyclops realizing Hulk is the greater threat, team up to take him out. Then when Hulk is out of the way (thin beam into the eye) Cyclops takes off the visor and knocks cap down.

Due to CIS, Rayner would actually win this fight, and then while resting for a second, exhausted from his fight with surfer, Gets picked off by a beam with enough force to crack the moon.

Cyclops for the win.

This is how I envision the fight... cause... like... tactical genius... hello...

HueyFreeman
No particular order

1. Thor
2. Dream
3. Joker
4. Orion
5. Hal Jordan

Raoul
In order:

Cyclops
Superman
Colossus
Wally West
Silver Surfer

I've explained why before, so...

fangirl101
Originally posted by fangirl101
Wonder Woman
Thor
Maxima
Orion
Sersi

Darkised
The Afro Magus
Zoom
The Runner
Magneto

didn't do the 2nd part.

The heroes fight is tuff.
I see Orion And Thor coming out on Top.
With Sersi/Maxima/Wondy Splitting or pulling an upset or two.

As for Villians

DS wins
The Runner/Afro Magnus/Zoom could split and pull upsets.
Magneto wins against Zoom maybe once.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Raoul
In order:

Cyclops
Superman
Colossus
Wally West
Silver Surfer

confused
Cyclops.
confused

Sasaraixx
I'm a little late. I apologize smile

Hmm . . . I took into account the characters not just as they appear in comics, but in other forms of media as well.

Wonder Woman
Storm
Superman
Kyle Rayner (he's so darn cute! haha)
Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson)

kgkg
Originally posted by Raoul
In order:

Cyclops
Superman
Colossus
Wally West
Silver Surfer

So you love Boys

especially Boy scouts

Raoul
Originally posted by fangirl101
confused
Cyclops.
confused

and?

Originally posted by kgkg
So you love Boys

especially Boy scouts

i wouldn't mind being a boyscout if i got to do half the shit they do...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.