I knew video games were good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K73SK
http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingfeature?eid=513460&page=0

Take that Dr.Phil.

(thanks Amanda for the link stick out tongue kiss )

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by K73SK
http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingfeature?eid=513460&page=0

Take that Dr.Phil.

hellz yea!

( and no problemo wink kiss )

BackFire
The only people who think video games are harmful are old people who don't play them.

SaTsuJiN
XD that was a fun read

thxies~

RaventheOnly
lol that was interesting stick out tongue

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by BackFire
The only people who think video games are harmful are old people who don't play them. agreed

Cpt.Morgan
ha i had that strange fealing in me and what do you know? i got faster and better at shooting games who knew?!?!! dono randome. oh and GIR OWNS!!! when i am bored of al my games ill make a new sig =D

-hh-
i love video games but laughing @ improves eye sight.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by -hh-
i love video games but laughing @ improves eye sight.

I have to agree with this ermm the more I spend looking at the screen my eyes get worse. They are so horrible cry ...its to much eye strain. Maybe its only some people that effects.

Joe K
Damn straight

Hidden Lotus
The only people who think video games are harmful are old people who don't play them.

and people who have no talent at them and are jealous131

K73SK
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
I have to agree with this ermm the more I spend looking at the screen my eyes get worse. They are so horrible cry ...its to much eye strain. Maybe its only some people that effects. i don't think they meant the eyes, they were talking about in that whole section reaction time. i just think they meant it increases reflexes, but they were stupid enough to say eye sight.

RaventheOnly
Only thing that a comp screen does for eye sight is maybe hand eye coordination and reflex speed. Other then that its burning hoels in your retna if you stare to long, jsut like looking straight into the sun.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Only thing that a comp screen does for eye sight is maybe hand eye coordination and reflex speed. Other then that its burning hoels in your retna if you stare to long, jsut like looking straight into the sun.

I dont think you can compare a screen to the sun.

RaventheOnly
Focused energy is all the sun is like, tahts why you can't look in laser pointers or they burn your retna. From this distance the sun gives about the same amoutn of energy as a laser pointer but the pointers field of fucus is very small. A comupter screen is a significantly lower dosage of energy but fixed amount of energy continiously will have the same effect like a heat lamp on skin.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by K73SK

Take that Dr.Phil.

It's because of things like this that make people like Jack Thompson look like idiots who don't know what they're talking about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ah. I love it...

{{QS}}
Originally posted by RaventheOnly

Not really my screen outputs quite a bit less energy than my sun even though they're about as focused.

RaventheOnly
Originally posted by {{QS}}
Not really my screen outputs quite a bit less energy than my sun even though they're about as focused.

Yupeprs, my 2nd post explains what i ment a little more

K73SK
Originally posted by {{QS}}
Not really my screen outputs quite a bit less energy than my sun even though they're about as focused. besides, if the screen was like looking at the sun, i'd be staring at the sun all the time. I've been messing /w computers non-stop since I was 3 years old...that's 14 years now, and my vision is STILL 20x20...my dad's been messing /w computers since b4 i was born, god knows how many years that is, and he's the same way.

computer screens don't mess with my vision cool

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
I dont think you can compare a screen to the sun.

co-sign.

Besides saying VGs mess eye-sight is like saying staring into the TV will make people blind. False.

All it can do is tire your sight, but once you rest you'll be okay just like every thing else.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
co-sign.

Besides saying VGs mess eye-sight is like saying staring into the TV will make people blind. False.

All it can do is tire your sight, but once you rest you'll be okay just like every thing else.

and in some cases strian eyes, But there are ways to prevent that yes

OB1-adobe

and people who still think that kids only play them.

I also became also unbelievbly versed in WWII history and the sequence of events, because I was playing reinactments of them.

Games also like Sim city teach possible future Urban Planners the basics of relating and understanding things geospatialy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.