What was up with the two guys cleaning the windows in the first movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ADarksideJedi
I was watching the movie and I noted in the beginning when Neo is talkign to his boss about being late for work.There are these two guys cleaning the windows.
It keeps going back to them and both actors looked at them alot.Is this supose to mean anything or not?jm confused

ADarksideJedi
DOes anyone know why?Come on guys!You call yourself Matrick fans!jm

super pr*xy
they could be the twins... watching neo for the merv... quite a longshot... i dunno really...

Shane14120
they had to be some sort of program or somebody jacked in because they were standing on the lift that morpheus later told neo to get on in order to escape the agents. when he got there the window washers were gone but the lift was still in the same place which happened to be at the right height for neo to escape on. obviously pre planned by somebody perhaps the oracle.

Ahnold
Hey guys. Wow ... been a looong time since I've posted to this forum, my "first home" here at the KMC from way back when; heh - even just saying that makes me feel about 1,000 years old stick out tongue .

Anyway, I came across this question, and couldn't resist popping my head in to give an answer (frankly, I'm surprised that none of the other "Matrix" die-hards on this forum have already stick out tongue !). The significance of the window cleaners is, quite simply, that they are played by the Wachowski brothers (the directors of the film). Quite a boring answer, really, but there ya go; there could, of course, be a deeper meaning to their appearance (with the "Matrix" trilogy there often is stick out tongue !) ... but I doubt it.

Just as a quick aside - are any of the old gang still around here?

Ahnold
Wow - times really have changed; no replies after 5 days? I guess this forum (unsurprisingly, of course) isn't as busy as it used to be ...

jaden101
im gonna reply to this one

its the same thing with the cat..the guy cleans the same bit of window twice

its deja vu...then the agents come straight after it

Juk3n
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I was watching the movie and I noted in the beginning when Neo is talkign to his boss about being late for work.There are these two guys cleaning the windows.
It keeps going back to them and both actors looked at them alot.Is this supose to mean anything or not?jm confused

Aside from the directors being the cleaners, it also signifies that..somthings not quite right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.