Is it possible.... (mostly for Christians)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
For a person to enjoy life to its fullest, try their best to be good, perform good deeds where and when possible/necessary, be a chronic (apologetic) sinner, recognize Christ as your savior, and ultimately be doomed for hell?

Strangelove
According to the Bible, no. If you apologize for your sins, and recognize JC as your savior, you get into heaven: "There is no way to heaven but through me"

BobbyD
Originally posted by Strangelove
According to the Bible, no. If you apologize for your sins, and recognize JC as your savior, you get into heaven: "There is no way to heaven but through me"

If possible Stangelove, let's leave the Bible out of this one. How do you personally feel about it, if you can give a detached decision?

Thanks for your response. smile

Shakyamunison
Strange! A Christian asking to leave the bible out of a conversation.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Strange! A Christian asking to leave the bible out of a conversation.

I'm hoping to find his personal feeling on the matter.

.....not those of authors who have received divine inspiration and/or have written down words altered throughout the years from those divinely inspired. wink

Did that make sense? confused

Strangelove
Well, I'm an agnostic, I really don't give a shit, in the end. I prefer to live in the present than to worry about the possibility of an afterlife.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by BobbyD
I'm hoping to find his personal feeling on the matter.

.....not those of authors who have received divine inspiration and/or have written down words altered throughout the years from those divinely inspired. wink

Did that make sense? confused

It makes sense, but I wonder if you will get any Christians to step up and tell you how they feel without adhering to doctrine.

BobbyD
It makes sense, but I wonder if you will get any Christians to step up and tell you how they feel without adhering to doctrine.

Indeed. I may one of the very few (Christians) who thinks the way I do, Shaky...think we've been through this before....but, I don't believe because a book tells what I should believe or need to believe. I believe in spite of the "Good Book".

Shakyamunison
Indeed. I may one of the very few (Christians) who thinks the way I do, Shaky...think we've been through this before....but, I don't believe because a book tells what I should believe or need to believe. I believe in spite of the "Good Book".

Well, that sounds reasonable to me, and I will check back on this thread to see how it is going. wink

BobbyD
Well, that sounds reasonable to me, and I will check back on this thread to see how it is going. wink

Are you curious to see its responses? confused

Shakyamunison
Are you curious to see its responses? confused

Yes. big grin

Strangelove
Yeah, me too.

Especially JIA ermm

BobbyD
Yeah, me too.

Especially JIA ermm

Strange, please see a question I posed to you...several posts ago.

Shakyamunison
Yeah, me too.

Especially JIA ermm

Yes, JIA please come to this thread and answer BobbyD gracious question in the manner he requested. I promise I will give you a pass, and not harass you. big grin

Strangelove
Strange, please see a question I posed to you...several posts ago. I answered it.....

BobbyD
I answered it.....

Sorry. (blonde moment).

Thanks again. wink

Strangelove
Sorry. (blonde moment).

Thanks again. wink no prob

ThePittman
I really don't give a shit, in the end. But that is where it comes out of doesn't it? stick out tongue

FeceMan
For a person to enjoy life to its fullest, try their best to be good, perform good deeds where and when possible/necessary, be a chronic (apologetic) sinner, recognize Christ as your savior, and ultimately be doomed for hell?
"Enjoying life to its fullest" has nothing to do with Christianity, and "good deeds" have nothing to do with salvation. But, no, the person would not be doomed to hell.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by FeceMan
"Enjoying life to its fullest" has nothing to do with Christianity, and "good deeds" have nothing to do with salvation. But, no, the person would not be doomed to hell.

thumb up

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
thumb up

Come on, you can do better then that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quiero Mota

I think (hope) so.

I love gambling and weed, and I hope I'll be permited past the Pearly Gates.

Alliance
If possible Stangelove, let's leave the Bible out of this one. How do you personally feel about it, if you can give a detached decision?

Thanks for your response. smile

How can you say this is a question for Christians, but leave the one essential Christian text out of the equation?

BobbyD
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I think (hope) so.

I love gambling and weed, and I hope I'll be permited past the Pearly Gates.

Hahahaha! I can't say for certain, but I don't think God will hold THOSE things against you, QM. wink

BobbyD
Originally posted by Alliance
How can you say this is a question for Christians, but leave the one essential Christian text out of the equation?

Alliance, I don't follow.... confused

debbiejo
For a person to enjoy life to its fullest, try their best to be good, perform good deeds where and when possible/necessary, be a chronic (apologetic) sinner, recognize Christ as your savior, and ultimately be doomed for hell? It seems that the key factor in Christianity is that you believe that Jesus is the only one that can save you, so you should be ok. Yet there are others that would say that someone who keeps committing a sin over and over again is not really serious about it and then they are using Jesus as an escape clause...in that case opinions differ.

BobbyD
Originally posted by debbiejo
It seems that the key factor in Christianity is that you believe that Jesus is the only one that can save you, so you should be ok. Yet there are others that would say that someone who keeps committing a sin over and over again is not really serious about it and then they are using Jesus as an escape clause...in that case opinions differ.

Interesting. But only God/Jesus truly knows how repentant (is that a word?) you are, I guess?

debbiejo
Yes only god would know, but others would judge you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.