karate kid vs ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
some questions about kk's levels and abilities. so, who wins this?

Tazer
Yo.

KK gives him a run for every cent Stark spent in R&D for his latest armor; prolly KK in a majority if we're talkin' pre-C version.

Tazer

TricksterPriest
KK. Anyone fast enough to dodge attacks from Mon-El and and strong enough to hurt him, is more than a match for IM. Not to mention he can probably destroy Tony's armor in a single blow.

leonidas
was/is there much of a difference between pre/post kk?

TricksterPriest
the PC one dodged blasts from Validus that Mon-El couldn't, when he was injured.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Adventure378-18.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Adventure378-19.jpg

smashed restraints of inertron. (DC version of secondary adamantium, even PC superboy had trouble breaking it)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSuperboyLSH231-28.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSuperboyLSH231-30.jpg

The description from the respect thread: "Val cancels an earthquake, closes a fissure which threatens to split Manhattan Island in half, collapses the energy field which caused it, and destroys the machine used to create it, all by kicking the ground once. This scene also has the greatest simile I've ever heard, in which an energy field is compared to "a herd of frightened lemmings fleeing an ungracious sea." Isn't that beautiful?"
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/KarateKid02-15.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/KarateKid02-16.jpg

So yeah.....PC KK was godly. stick out tongue

Joey Stacks
Ironman would win. People really need to start reading the comics they are citing on this forum.

TricksterPriest
against current KK? I could see that. Post COIE? No. PC? HELL NO. wink The only reason I'm giving him a shot at current, is current has little to no feats and he's kinda woozy. Even Batman beat him in a fight. stick out tongue (with a little bit of cheating.......... shifty )

Joey Stacks
Again, read the comics you are citing, Ironman would whup any form of KK.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
Again, read the comics you are citing, Ironman would whup any form of KK.

eek! Are you serious? Did you even look at the feats I posted? hysterical

Symmetric Chaos
I'm going to have to agree with Joey here. Tony will win. It's gonna be tough but he'll win.

TricksterPriest
Against PC KK? No. The others he has a shot against. But not PC KK.

leonidas
it SEEMS im should win 10/10 against whatever kk. just stay out of his range, use wide-ranging weapons that kk can't dodge, or sonics, or something like that to put him down.

kk's human durability SEEMS like it should be his downfall in this fight, but so much is made of kk that it is really hard to tell fact from forum-speak. i don't trust respect threads entirely because they skew the character and show only high end feats often out of context.

but still, there is an AWFUL lot of hype around kk and i never realy followed legion all that much so i was curious to learn more about him. smile

Newjak
Is this Extremis Ironman or not

leonidas
just current IM.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by leonidas
it SEEMS im should win 10/10 against whatever kk. just stay out of his range, use wide-ranging weapons that kk can't dodge, or sonics, or something like that to put him down.

kk's human durability SEEMS like it should be his downfall in this fight, but so much is made of kk that it is really hard to tell fact from forum-speak. i don't trust respect threads entirely because they skew the character and show only high end feats often out of context.

but still, there is an AWFUL lot of hype around kk and i never realy followed legion all that much so i was curious to learn more about him. smile

The range arguement is out. KK has a legion flight ring. Human durability is a vague statement. and KK seems to have meta human durability and dodging.

Joey Stacks
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
eek! Are you serious? Did you even look at the feats I posted? hysterical

Feats you posted are just that

feats you posted.

You only know his high showings instead of average. If you did then you cannot possibly say Ironman doesn't take it 7/10x's with a serious look on your face.

Read the comics before you make yourself look dumb by posting a few easily accessible scans from a contortion thread I mean respect thread.

But I'm not about to debunk KK, that isn't fair to whoever drafted him, so I'll let the people continue thinking he's godly unless I see him.

TricksterPriest
Temugin almost destroyed IM bare-handed. 313

Newjak
Isn't that Extremis then.

Anyways it would seem that yes KK's human durability would be fatal to him.

I think this is a better scenario to gauge the two.

Superman is standing still.

Ironman hits Supes with every last ounce of his strongest energy blast.

Then KK hits Supes

which one would do he most damage?

TricksterPriest
The human durability would only get him if IM could get a bead on him. KK has been able to fight Mon-El at superspeed.

Endless Mike
Can't KK do a thunderclap like move except instead of clapping his hands to form a big explosion he moves them quickly and creates a slice of air vacuum that moves at high speed?

I remember he did that once.

Validus
Val would win in a comic every single time they matched up and would probably make it look easy.

Iron Man might win using KMC rules.

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
Val would win in a comic every single time they matched up and would probably make it look easy.

Iron Man might win using KMC rules.

really?

is his durability human, val? to do half the shite i've seen him do he AHS to be more than simply 'human' in almost ALL areas . . .

TricksterPriest
To be honest, we're not exactly sure where his durability ranks. whistle But it's around meta-human IMO.

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
really?

is his durability human, val? to do half the shite i've seen him do he AHS to be more than simply 'human' in almost ALL areas . . .
Yeah, other Legion members have always been surprised at the amount of damage he can take. He didn't seem to think much of taking a punch from Superboy.

*KK takes a hit*

LoSH: OMGWTF, Val noez!
KK: I'm alright. cool

It's best to think of KK as DBZ character who wandered into an American comic book.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, other Legion members have always been surprised at the amount of damage he can take.

*KK takes a hit*

It's best to think of KK as DBZ character who wandered into an American comic book.

lol no expression

Newjak
Yeah, other Legion members have always been surprised at the amount of damage he can take. He didn't seem to think much of taking a punch from Superboy.

*KK takes a hit*

It's best to think of KK as DBZ character who wandered into an American comic book. I see hmm

Validus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
lol no expression
Save your sarcasm. jockey

Symmetric Chaos
Save your sarcasm. jockey

I keep a special supply in my basement just to use when you post 131

TricksterPriest
An impressive pain resistance feat. In this story, Projectra suffers from a "pain plague" which kills every victim within six hours from sheer agony; the other Legionnaires save her by bearing the pain for her. A few seconds of this pain is enough to send Timber Wolf, Saturn Girl and Duo Damsel violently insane; yet Karate Kid endures three hours of it without complaint, meditating--and it's worse than when the other Legionnaires took it on.
Bonus feat: Val immobilizes Timber Wolf with a judo hold. He needed Saturn Girl to blind Brin first, but only because he was afraid he'd accidentally hurt the guy if he had to subdue him with blows--and Brin can take punches from Kryptonians without falling down.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LargeSuperboyLSH209-05.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LargeSuperboyLSH209-06.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LargeSuperboyLSH209-08.jpg

The dude is a freaking beast. cool

Validus
I keep a special supply in my basement just to use when you post 131
I know. cryoh

Joey Stacks

*KK takes a hit*

But he does take noticable damage from people like Robin. smile

Newjak
I keep a special supply in my basement just to use when you post 131 That is my job mhm

Or wait nevermind it is my job to annoy Val and cause him to hate me stick out tongue

Validus
When did Robin fight Val?

Symmetric Chaos

Robin is a fellow martial artist. MA >> Actual powers

Joey Stacks
Issue 14 of Val's book.

Pre Crisis too

Validus
Issue 14 of Val's book.

Pre Crisis too
Where they fought Diamondeth? He one shotted Robin in that book. I remember it because it's the same book where he broke an axe blade by slapping it.

Joey Stacks
Not really. Robin bicycle kicked him and he gave him a lecture while putting Robin on his ass. Robin could have still faught, but it would have been pointless because Kid explained the situation.

Validus
Not really. Robin bicycle kicked him and he gave him a lecture while putting Robin on his ass. Robin could have still faught, but it would have been pointless because Kid explained the situation.
The only reason Robin got a hit in was because KK was in the middle of explaining himself. Robin tried knocking him out and failed.

Joey Stacks
You forget to mention that Robin stopped Kid's speech to make a snappy wordplay comment right before the money shot and shrugged off both of his hits in a few panels.

They were written as equals in that fight smile

Validus
You forget to mention that Robin stopped Kid's speech to make a snappy wordplay comment right before the money shot and shrugged off both of his hits in a few panels.
No, thats actually what I mentioned in the last post. confused

Validus
They were written as equals in that fight smile
That's a joke.

Joey Stacks
No, thats actually what I mentioned in the last post. confused

No I'm saying Val tried to explain himself and Robin interrupted him, basically narriating his next move, giving him a chance to defend himself as Val intiated the fight.

BUT NEITHER PARTIES WERE HURT!

Martian_mind
I'm fairly sure Pre crisis Robin pwned Hal Jordan...

Validus
No I'm saying Val tried to explain himself and Robin interrupted him giving him a chance to defend himself as Val intiated the fight.
Val didn't initiate the fight.

BUT NEITHER PARTIES WERE HURT!
You're ignoring that Robin flat out said he was aiming to knock out Karate Kid and Val was attempting to explain himself.

Validus
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I'm fairly sure Pre crisis Robin pwned Hal Jordan...
He one shot KO'd Hal. It was bs. sad

Endless Mike
Jobbing still existed back then, you know.

Martian_mind
He one shot KO'd Hal. It was bs. sad

Least the gay costume theme pulled it's weight back then.

Joey Stacks
Val didn't initiate the fight.

Yeah he floored Robin with a dragon kick while Robin was fighting the diamondeth.

Because Val's hot-headed nature is what started the fight. He was explaining himself, but he was still expecting a fight (as Robin pretty much told him if you're going to fight me fuk you and Val admitted to himself he needs to calm down on picking fights)

Tazer
Yo.

Feats you posted are just that

feats you posted.

You only know his high showings instead of average. If you did then you cannot possibly say Ironman doesn't take it 7/10x's with a serious look on your face.

Read the comics before you make yourself look dumb by posting a few easily accessible scans from a contortion thread I mean respect thread.

But I'm not about to debunk KK, that isn't fair to whoever drafted him, so I'll let the people continue thinking he's godly unless I see him.

Ud have a point if he only did stuff like that every once in awhile.......but most versions of KK did that stuff on avg . shit, I think pre-C KKs truly lowest moment was being casually dismissed by GDS-DS.

even if Im wins here, its not 10/10, not when Temugin give him fits, but prolly 6.5/10.

and i STILL think thats after cutting KK off at the knees and leting him bleed out for awhile.

Tazer

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Least the gay costume theme pulled it's weight back then.

laughing

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Can't KK do a thunderclap like move except instead of clapping his hands to form a big explosion he moves them quickly and creates a slice of air vacuum that moves at high speed?

I remember he did that once.

I know he once made an earthquake but kicking the floor no expression

illadelph12
50:50

Tony can fight smart and use his ranged attacks or Val can get in close range and evade his attacks. If KK gets within 5 feet without Tony hitting him KK will take him apart.

If Tony uses sonics, omni-directional attacks, etc. and fights from a distance he wins.

It's all about tactics.

capt it up
does KK have metal armor or any metal of any kind on him?

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by illadelph12
50:50

Tony can fight smart and use his ranged attacks or Val can get in close range and evade his attacks. If KK gets within 5 feet without Tony hitting him KK will take him apart.

If Tony uses sonics, omni-directional attacks, etc. and fights from a distance he wins.

It's all about tactics.

I could accept this, but........FUQ IT I say KK spits @ Tony and his armor shatters.

ftw

big grin

Tazer

illadelph12
Originally posted by capt it up
does KK have metal armor or any metal of any kind on him?

Other than his flight ring and belt buckle, no. He's pretty much just a dude in a gi.

It must be noted though that KK has some very high end tactical applications for his flight ring. He uses it for short bursts of super speed. Since he's not protected from wind sheer he can't use it for prolonged periods, but in short calculated bursts it's superb.

capt it up
what KK gunna use when made help by the fact the metal on him become magnatized and he is held with in place allowing for iron man to blast the shit out of hit?

TricksterPriest
the ring can't be magnetized. It's some kind of futuristic metal.

Soljer

For a DC fan....

I could have sworn the legion's flight rings were simply thanagarian Nth metal...

capt it up
but the belt can making KK helpless.........

TricksterPriest
That's true. Nth metal? Can that magnetized? The reason I say it can't be magnetized, is I remember a story where the rings weren't affected by magnetics. I could be wrong though.

Soljer
That's true. Nth metal? Can that magnetized? The reason I say it can't be magnetized, is I remember a story where the rings weren't affected by magnetics. I could be wrong though.

I don't think Nth metal is affected by magnetism. Just pointing out that it's not futuristic - it's actually ANCIENT.

TricksterPriest
laughing touche. It's advanced technology though, so pardon me for mistaking the time period it came from. stick out tongue

Joey Stacks
Karate Kid's been owned buy Cosmic Boy slamming him into stuff using his belt buckle and Flight ring.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Soljer
For a DC fan....

I could have sworn the legion's flight rings were simply thanagarian Nth metal...

not sure how they were constructed post-ZH, but IIRC originally the rings were made from a metal that wasnt on the periodic table AND invented by a Legion applicant during said testing phase.

and no, it wasnt magnetic

Tazer

TricksterPriest
Karate Kid's been owned buy Cosmic Boy slamming him into stuff using his belt buckle and Flight ring.

Got scans?

Tazer: I KNEW IT! But since you said that was before ZH, it may have changed.

batdude123
Karate Kid is so overrated around here it makes want to puke.

The guy is the best fighter around, but Iron Man would squash him.

the Darkone
KK owns Mon-el, superboy, ultra boy etc, I'm tahink KK on this one.

Priest
Since this is not PC KK, i think its safe to say IronMan curbstomps him.

batdude123
Originally posted by the Darkone
KK owns Mon-el, superboy, ultra boy etc, I'm tahink KK on this one.

The majority of his feats aren't like that. And besides, they were some pretty ass fights. Not to mention, we aren't even talking about Pre-Crisis Karate Kid.

He's a dynamite martial artist who can fly. Whoopity-fuggin' doo.

All Iron Man has to do is stay out of Val's reach and blast him for the win.

Symmetric Chaos
Boom headshot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.