Wolverine versus Etrigan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
No BFR.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1440/69970-wolverine_400.jpg vs http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/Blodemon_1.jpg

SpunkySmurph
What the f**k?

masterbruce
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
What the f**k?

ok, I know what you're thinking...no, this is not a spite. Someone said that Wolverine is especially suited to fighting demons...something about his adamantium really hurting demons.

Didn't he defeat some powerful demon called Ba'al?

Soljer
Wolverine is the hand of god - he was specifically made to fight demons. He can take their blows, and Adamantium does indeed **** up the mystical.

Wolverine wins. 10/10.

jasonk3
giljotiini

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
Wolverine is the hand of god - he was specifically made to fight demons. He can take their blows, and Adamantium does indeed **** up the mystical.

Wolverine wins. 10/10.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...you don't think Etrigan can even get one win?

Soljer
Originally posted by masterbruce
I can't tell if you're being serious or not...you don't think Etrigan can even get one win?

For the pitifully slow among us; I wasn't serious.

Big Sexy
Wolverine 20/10 shifty

masterbruce

no need for insults. I'm just trying to learn how powerful Logan is against demons...since I heard he took down Ba'al.

Soljer
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Wolverine 20/10 shifty

At bare minimum.

capt it up
Logan always fare well vs demons. He able to sense them beyond simply just his heighten senses almost as if a 6th sense. he can sense there evil or some such. Adamatium is also very effective verse demons and grants wolverine a degree of protection from them.

No idea if he wins this fight becuase I have no idea what the other guys abilities are.

Estacado
w00tw00t
Great fight!!!!

masterbruce
Originally posted by capt it up
Logan always fare well vs demons. He able to sense them beyond simply just his heighten senses almost as if a 6th sense. he can sense there evil or some such. Adamatium is also very effective verse demons and grants wolverine a degree of protection from them.

No idea if he wins this fight becuase I have no idea what the other guys abilities are.

Etrigan

Even among demons, Etrigan is considered to be extremely powerful. He has above superhuman strength (mystically enhanced) to the degree of literally punching people to the moon and, being an immortal creature, cannot die. He has a high degree of resistance to injury and can project hellfire from his body; usually from his mouth. He has a very high command of magic: other powers include mystically enhanced fangs and claws, enhanced senses, super speed, agility, telepathy and precognition as well. His healing factor can handle an incredible amount of damage, up to recovering from wounds that have removed large sections of his body. His powers can be extended by other magical devices, such as the Crown of Horns.

Etrigan is also provided with insight to religious aspects and other forbidden or secret knowledge.

jinzin

it's funny though.. because that statement was almost entirely correct. laughing out loud

guy222
Etrigan

Even among demons, Etrigan is considered to be extremely powerful. He has above superhuman strength (mystically enhanced) to the degree of literally punching people to the moon and, being an immortal creature, cannot die. He has a high degree of resistance to injury and can project hellfire from his body; usually from his mouth. He has a very high command of magic: other powers include mystically enhanced fangs and claws, enhanced senses, super speed, agility, telepathy and precognition as well. His healing factor can handle an incredible amount of damage, up to recovering from wounds that have removed large sections of his body. His powers can be extended by other magical devices, such as the Crown of Horns.

Etrigan is also provided with insight to religious aspects and other forbidden or secret knowledge.

Howlett

masterbruce
Originally posted by jinzin
it's funny though.. because that statement was almost entirely correct. laughing out loud

that's why I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not.

Badabing
I'll go with Etrigan. Magic, telepathy, mystical superhuman strength, super speed, agility, precog, healing, hellfire, etc.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Badabing
I'll go with Etrigan. Magic, telepathy, mystical superhuman strength, super speed, agility, precog, healing, hellfire, etc.

I agree that based on powerset he's def much more powerful than Logan...it's just that I've heard Logan is especially good against demons and that he took down very powerful ones

jinzin
hmhmm he slaughtered an entire horde of demons that were strong enough to give hulk all he could handle by 1on1...

Originally posted by Badabing

pshhhhh please.. wolverine has the reality warping power of TE CLAWWWZZZ
NO WAY he'll lose.. not while etrigans running around geting judo chopped and hogtied by batman.. laughing out loud

Badabing
I agree that based on powerset he's def much more powerful than Logan...it's just that I've heard Logan is especially good against demons and that he took down very powerful ones It's hard to compare demons from one universe to another, for me anyway. Etrigan is too versatile and powerful in my mind.

pshhhhh please.. wolverine has the reality warping power of TE CLAWWWZZZ
NO WAY he'll lose.. not while etrigans running around geting judo chopped and hogtied by batman.. laughing out loud eek! sick laughing

masterbruce
too much sarcasm in this thread...any serious replies?

jinzin
I honestly don't know.. I've seen enough polar highs as well as lows for etrigan that it's hard to guage where his power level is exactly at...
Hell I think that Etrigan's power level fluctuates based on various factors..

though his powerset is daunting.

Soljer

That was kinda the point.

I know that Wolverine has a few advantages over the demonic.

However...ETRIGAN?

jinzin
umm yeah...
I honestly don't know.. I've seen enough polar highs as well as lows for etrigan that it's hard to guage where his power level is exactly at...
Hell I think that Etrigan's power level fluctuates based on various factors..

though his powerset is daunting.

Jebus reborn
Even Lucifer respects Etrigan as one of the higher level demons.

Etrigan wins, and handily.

capt it up
Ba'al higher hahahahaha .

Jebus reborn
Ba'al higher hahahahaha . What?

capt it up
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
What?
nothing just Ba'al is the highest class of demon brother to the devil

Jebus reborn
nothing just Ba'al is the highest class of demon brother to the devil So... if I made a Wolverine vs Mephisto thread... Wolverine would apparently win?

capt it up
So... if I made a Wolverine vs Mephisto thread... Wolverine would apparently win?
mephisto not actaully the devil he just fancy him self the devil.

also did I even imply that nope. I was just stating what ba'al was nothing mroe nothing less.

Don Mega
So... if I made a Wolverine vs Mephisto thread... Wolverine would apparently win? You would be surprised at the things Wolverine can do on KMC.

Jebus reborn
mephisto not actaully the devil he just fancy him self the devil.

also did I even imply that nope. I was just stating what ba'al was nothing mroe nothing less. I just don't get why you say some of these comments, when they should have almost everything to do with others.

Like come on:
"Wolverine beat Ba'al, and he is Satan's brother, and is the most powerfullest!!"

Comments like those, should, by logic, make him be able to kill any demon. And, if you don't want people to get the wrong impression, then why are they even said?

Thats like when Trickster used to say Apocalypse had unlimited strength.
So, by all logic, he should have unlimited strength in a fight against Thanos... I was wrong. His strength fluctuated from being unlimited, to not being able to take Thanos.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Don Mega
You would be surprised at the things Wolverine can do on KMC. Jebus's been here since June. no expression

Don Mega
Jebus's been here since June. no expression I'm not sure I follow you here.

Etrigan wins.

jinzin
you were talking to him like he was a new member.. hence the since june comment.

Don Mega
you were talking to him like he was a new member.. hence the since june comment. I'm a new member myself. I don't know much of anybody yet.

capt it up
I just don't get why you say some of these comments, when they should have almost everything to do with others.

Like come on:
"Wolverine beat Ba'al, and he is Satan's brother, and is the most powerfullest!!"

Comments like those, should, by logic, make him be able to kill any demon. And, if you don't want people to get the wrong impression, then why are they even said?

Thats like when Trickster used to say Apocalypse had unlimited strength.
So, by all logic, he should have unlimited strength in a fight against Thanos... I was wrong. His strength fluctuated from being unlimited, to not being able to take Thanos.
some of these comments? this is the first time I have ever said some thing like this.

did I even say wolverine beat ba'al? please were did I say that on this thread?

Did I say ba'al was the most powerful nope.

you assume alot. I said ba'al is a higher class of demon brother to the devil. Nothing more. You made up the rest your self. I was implying that the class of demon does not mean they are powerful.

why do you assume so much? There no need to assume such things from a single comment?

You assume I think wolverine can beats mephisto becuase I said ba'al is the highest level of demon? It not like you even know who Ba'al is or his powerset yet you assume so much from a single comment.

Symmetric Chaos
Jebus's been here since June. no expression

So the end time is here?

capt it up
I'm a new member myself. I don't know much of anybody yet.
then why would you make a comment such as you be surprized what wolverine can do on KMC if you have not been here long? Nor know much about KMC.

your judt another dumb sock I bet.

capt it up
Jebus's been here since June. no expression
longer then that if I am not mistaken bigban been here for like a year an a haft.

Symmetric Chaos
your jsut another dumb sock I bet.

*resists urge to make comment on the insult to Don*

capt it up
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
*resists urge to make comment on the insult to Don*
insult? what insult. He a sock and he will be banned in a few days.

please insult me it not like you give a ****. Not to mention in posting that your already being insulting so why not just say the insult?

Jebus reborn
some of these comments? this is the first time I have evr said some thign like this.

did I even say wolverine beat ba'al? please were did I say that on this thread?

Did I say ba'al was the most powerful nope.

you assume alot. I said ba'al is a higher class of demon brother to the devil. Nothing more. You made up the rest your self. I was implying that the class of demon does not mean they are powerful.

why do you assume so much? There no need to assume such things from a single comment?

You assume I think wolverine can beat mephisto becuase I said ba'al is the highest level of demon? It not like you even know who Ba'al is or his powerset yet you assume so much from a single comment. Did I even imply logan beat Ba'al? Nope. "Some of these comments", as in referring to the forums. Pay attention, I even used another poster as a comparison.

Why would you bring Ba'al up then? If Wolverine lost, then by all rights, that certainly doesn't have anything to do with this thread...

"Ba'al is the highest class of demon"
Also, it was exaggeration, of what I said, not to be taken seriously.

If he's the highest class of demon, then shouldn't he be on the same power level as Mephisto?

OK then, I'll play along, since you know that I know nothing, so...
Who is Ba'al?
What is Ba'al's powerset?
Did Wolverine beat Ba'al?

Also, since I wasn't sure if I was assuming or not...

you assume alot.

why do you assume so much?

There no need to assume such things from a single comment?

You assume I think wolverine can beat mephisto becuase I said ba'al is the highest level of demon?

Don Mega
then why would you make a comment such as you be surprized what wolverine can do on KMC if you have not been here long? Nor know much about KMC.

your judt another dumb sock I bet. I post on another forum and they talk about Wolverine alot here on KMC.

Thanks for call me "dumb" too. That's real classy.

Jebus reborn
longer then that if I am not mistaken bigban been here for like a year an a haft. What the f**k?

Symmetric Chaos
insult? what insult. He a sock and he will be banned in a few days.

I was talking about the part where you called him dumb and misspelled "just" in one sentence.

please insult me it not like you give a ****. Not to mention in posting that your already being insulting so why not just say the insult?

I like to maintain some variety.

Estacado
srug

capt it up

capt it up
I post on another forum and they talk about Wolverine alot here on KMC.

Thanks for call me "dumb" too. That's real classy.
really what forum and why do you listen to others instead of viewing for your self?

still think your a sock and if you are thats dumb

capt it up
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I was talking about the part where you called him dumb and misspelled "just" in one sentence.

I like to maintain some variety.
Yes I know what you were talking about.

yes a dumb sock I said it sue me. He gunna turn out to be one any ways.

I know how to spell just. I called a type-o.

Symmetric Chaos
Yes I know what you were talking about.

yes a dumb sock I said it sue me. He gunna turn out to be one any ways.

I know how to spell just. I called a type-o.

It still looks funny to me.

Anyhoo . . .

Jebus reborn

capt it up

Jebus reborn

capt it up

Jebus reborn

Badabing
So, you would have also brought up Ba'al in a Spider-Man vs Superman or something thread?

Umm... Wolverine vs a demon.
You bring up Wolverine fighting a higher class demon.
It's more on-topic than you think.

Huh?

He lost to a low class demon?

No. I just know who he is. Leave Capt alone! durfist

capt it up
So, you would have also brought up Ba'al in a Spider-Man vs Superman or something thread?
yes since I was never talking about the comic book Ba'al if you hvae not guessed............

Umm... Wolverine vs a demon.
You bring up Wolverine fighting a higher class demon.
It's more on-topic than you think.?
When did I bring up wolevrien fighting a higher class demon? Please were did I state that?

I was talking about Ba'al from the diablo series the books.......it has nothing to do with wolverine or comics...........I am sorry but you assumed wrong.

Huh?.?
I WAS TALKING ABOUT A BOOK CHARACTER THE WHOLE TIME.

He lost to a low class demon?
No, but in the diablo books mephisto is more powerful then Ba'al.

No. I just know who he is.
you do realize I was never talking about a comic character right?

Jebus reborn

capt it up
Hilarious...

Anyway, I don't give a shit about the thing you're talking about now.
I don't even know who it is.
yup and the whole time you kept assuming I braught him up becuase of wolverine even after I told you I did not. Then you kept saying it over and over and the whole time you were incorrect.

Just goes to show you that you should not assume something with out the person stating it. wink

Funny part you were not even talking about the same character as me.........also you said you knew about Ba'al.........but I was talking about the book character.........so you were lieing right to my face the entire time............since comic Ba'al and book Ba'al are nothing alike

Jebus reborn

capt it up

ya and you ask me about the comic one I told you to find out your self.

I new you thought I was talking about the comci character which made it all the funnier

by the way

easiest way to prove I am not lieing is due to what I said.

Book Ba'al is the devils brothers.

Comic Ba'al is not.

Book Ba'al is a physicall power house

Comic Ba'al is an energy wielder who sues the power gem.

told ya I was talking about the book one. I also told you to stop assuming I brought him up becuase of wolverine you should have listen.

every thing I told you about Ba'al was the book one and yet............you actted like you already new every thing I told you hell you even stated it which was a lie.

Validus
WTF is going on in this thread?

capt it up
Originally posted by Validus
WTF is going on in this thread?
complicated. People assumed something and it ended up being wrong lets leave it at that lol

Jebus reborn
ya and you ask me about the comic one I told you to find out your self.

I new you thought I was talking about the comci character which made it all the funnier

by the way

easiest way to prove I am not lieing is due to what I said.

Book Ba'al is the devils brothers.

Comic Ba'al is not.

Book Ba'al is a physicall power house

Comic Ba'al is an energy wielder who sues the power gem.

told ya I was talking about the book one. I also told you to stop assuming I brought him up becuase of wolverine you should have listen.

every thing I told you about Ba'al was the book one and yet............you actted like you already new every thing I told you hell you even stated it which was a lie. Comic Book 'Versus' Forum
That's probably why I would be assuming to you.
Also considering the comic book Ba'al fought Wolverine, was a demon, and well, would more likely be more well known.

I really don't care if I'm wrong or not.

I asked you who Ba'al was, and you told me to check Marvel directory (which I didn't do).
So, if I was lieing, then how come you told me to check a Marvel site, for some character that I obviously have no idea who the f*ck it is (which would be obvious to you).

Also, book one? Comic book maybe?

Originally posted by Validus
WTF is going on in this thread? Capt's nerdy version of a joke.

capt it up
Comic Book 'Versus' Forum
That's probably why I would be assuming to you.
Also considering the comic book Ba'al fought Wolverine, was a demon, and well, would more likely be more well known.
actaully diablo is way better known........

I really don't care if I'm wrong or not.

I asked you who Ba'al was, and you told me to check Marvel directory (which I didn't do).
So, if I was lieing, then how come you told me to check a Marvel site, for some character that I obviously have no idea who the f*ck it is (which would be obvious to you)..
Becuase you kept on assuming and I told you not to and that you were wrong. You did not believe me so I did nto see the point. It was funnier just to tell you check marvel sicne you thought I was talking about a comic character. I dropped a hint before that, but you missed it. I said Ba'al is brother to the devil which is only true in the books not in comics.

If your going to assume I saying shit why bother with you it funnier to let you assume and keep dropping hints.

Capt's nerdy version of a joke.
well you should not assume what i did not state.
I told you it had nothign to do with wolverine. Should have listened, but no you just kept on assuming.

capt it up

Also, book one? Comic book maybe?

you said you new about Ba'al you were wrong.

No I was talking about the book series diablo. It has nothing to dow ith comics as I stated. Ba'al is a completely different character. He brother to the devil, lord of the vampires and undead and is a power house with nothing else.

Jebus reborn
actaully diablo is way better known........
Not to me.

Becuase you kept on assuming and I told you not to and that you were wrong. You did not believe me so I did nto see the point. It was funnier just to tell you check marvel sicne you thought I was talking about a comic character. I dropped a hint before that, but you missed it. I said Ba'al is brother to the devil which is only true in the books not in comics.

If your going to assume I saying shit why bother with you it funnier to let you assume and keep dropping hints. So, basically, you didn't want me to know, but you dropped hints about something I would never guess.

I also thought you were just lying about, or were wrong about the character. Certainly wasn't a hint.

That would be like me bringing up God of War Ares, in a Marvel Ares vs Wonder Woman thread.

well you should not assume what i did not state.
I told you it had nothign to do with wolverine. Should have listened, but no you just kept on assuming. No, you told me that you never said anything about him fighting Wolverine.

I assumed because it's a comic book forum.
It involves Wolverine.
It involves demons.
You have brought up Ba'al before in a Wolverine thread.

you said you new about Ba'al you were wrong.

No I was talking about the book series diablo. It has nothing to dow ith comics as I stated. Ba'al is a completely different character. He brother to the devil, lord of the vampires and undead and is a power house with nothing else. I never I "new" about him.

I don't care, it's not like I'm ever going to read one of these books anyway.

capt it up
Not to me.
it a video game also........

So, basically, you didn't want me to know, but you dropped hints about something I would never guess.

I also thought you were just lying about, or were wrong about the character. Certainly wasn't a hint.
well you did say you new about Ba'al and you did not. the hints I dropped would have been easy to pick up on if you new Ba'al.

That would be like me bringing up God of War Ares, in a Marvel Ares vs Wonder Woman thread..
or bringing up adam strange in a adam from clan destine thread.........

No, you told me that you never said anything about him fighting Wolverine.

I assumed because it's a comic book forum.
It involves Wolverine.
It involves demons.
You have brought up Ba'al before in a Wolverine thread...
I said I never said anything about wolverine fight Ba'al and yet you kept saying that I was syaing sicne wolverine beats fights Ba'al then he cna beat mephisto even though I never said such a thing and I even told you it had nothing to do with wolverine, but you did not listen. It not my fault you don't listen well. Don't assume crap what people tell you other wise.

never I "new" about him.

I don't care, it's not like I'm ever going to read one of these books anyway.
thats to bad .

Jebus reborn
it a video game also........
The only thing I know about it is, that it's a computer game, and it's name.

well you did say you new about Ba'al and you did not. the hints I dropped would have been easy to pick up on if you new Ba'al. Oh for f*cks sake.
Hell, even you said I was talking about comic Ba'al.
Now, I was supposedly talking about the game one?

I don't even know what Diablo's about, and I don't need to know either.

or bringing up adam strange in a adam from clan destine thread......... Comic character.

I said I never said anything about wolverine fight Ba'al and yet you kept saying that I was syaing sicne wolverine beats fights Ba'al then he cna beat mephisto even though I never said such a thing and I even told you it had nothing to do with wolverine, but you did not listen. It not my fault you don't listen well. Don't assume crap what people tell you other wise. I read that once, and I have no idea what you said...

thats to bad . Sexellent.

capt it up
The only thing I know about it is, that it's a computer game, and it's name.

Oh for f*cks sake.
Hell, even you said I was talking about comic Ba'al.
Now, I was supposedly talking about the game one?

I don't even know what Diablo's about, and I don't need to know either.

Comic character.

I read that once, and I have no idea what you said...

Sexellent.

lol **** it who cares any more. We waisted a whole thread and we scared every one away lol.

you should try diablo 2 it a really fun game.

Jebus reborn
lol **** it who cares any more. We waisted a whole thread and we scared every one away lol.

you should try diablo 2 it a really fun game. Agreed. Although it's masterbruce's thread... so it was waisted before it was even replied to... shifty

I heard it was supposedly a good series.
I just don't know if I'm ready to make that kind of commitment...

masterbruce
Agreed. Although it's masterbruce's thread... so it was waisted before it was even replied to... shifty

why do you always talk shit about me even when I haven't said anything to you?

capt it up
Agreed. Although it's masterbruce's thread... so it was waisted before it was even replied to... shifty

I heard it was supposedly a good series.
I just don't know if I'm ready to make that kind of commitment...
thats true hahahaha

ya diablo 2 was sweet. Ya it does take a lot of time becuase of how you need to level the characters up. Though it is really fun. I stop playing a long time ago after I beat it.

Jebus reborn
why do you always talk shit about me even when I haven't said anything to you? I'm sorry. embarrasment
I'll try and talk shit about you, when you talk to me.

thats true hahahaha

ya diablo 2 was sweet. Ya it does take a lot of time becuase of how you need to level the characters up. Though it is really fun. I stop playing a long time ago after I beat it. Meh, I've never tried a computer game on my computer.

masterbruce
I'm sorry. embarrasment
I'll try and talk shit about you, when you talk to me.

Meh, I've never tried a computer game on my computer.

how about you don't talk shit about other people period. thanks.

Jebus reborn
how about you don't talk shit about other people period. thanks. How about no, plus + I don't think you needed the word, along with the dot.

Endless Mike
Etrigan KO's him with one punch.

Fight over.

Bentley
Bump evil face

Omega Vision
This thread strikes an uncanny balance between win and phail.

Anyway Etrigan wins.

zopzop
Omg how can two people, even rabid fanboys, think Wolverine even has a chance vs Etrigan?

As to the infamous Ba'al vs Wolverine crapfest :
http://marvel.wikia.com/Ba%27al-Hadad_%28Earth-616%29

LOL, some victory. Etrigan stomps horribly.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by zopzop
Omg how can two people, even rabid fanboys, think Wolverine even has a chance vs Etrigan?

As to the infamous Ba'al vs Wolverine crapfest :
http://marvel.wikia.com/Ba%27al-Hadad_%28Earth-616%29

LOL, some victory. Etrigan stomps horribly.
dont think a single individul said wolverine wins.

why is that a crap vest? what was the point of posting that? also sweet dude you used wiki as if that proven fact or even correct.

perhaps.

ankur29
Etrtigan 10/10

don't think adamantium can cut him hes on supes level for strength & durability

He can probaly cut him, but it doesn't change the outcome, Etrigan stomps here.

Dum Dum Dugan
Wierd becuase I dont remember him being that powerful back in the day when I read batman regularly. Remember him being mere meta human but nothing closes to superman level. Am I simply mistaken or did he get massive boosts over the years? Like wonder woman?

King Castle
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Wierd becuase I dont remember him being that powerful back in the day when I read batman regularly. Remember him being mere meta human but nothing closes to superman level. Am I simply mistaken or did he get massive boosts over the years? Like wonder woman? etrigan was inexplicably upgraded in physical strength from his initial appearance.

its just how the cooking crumb crumbles.

Mindset
The cookie crumbles

Omega Vision
Wierd becuase I dont remember him being that powerful back in the day when I read batman regularly. Remember him being mere meta human but nothing closes to superman level. Am I simply mistaken or did he get massive boosts over the years? Like wonder woman?
Idk. When Cheetah appeared in a Batman comic Batman one-shot KOed her with a punch and then subsequently restrained her with handcuffs. Ordinary handcuffs.

For story purposes (and to make Batman look good) pretty much everyone is downgraded to Meta or less for Batbooks.

Etrigan has always (or at least back to the 1980s) been fairly powerful.

I wouldn't say Wonder Woman has gotten "massive boosts" over the years, she's just gotten a lot of small ones that build up over time.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Idk. When Cheetah appeared in a Batman comic Batman one-shot KOed her with a punch and then subsequently restrained her with handcuffs. Ordinary handcuffs.

For story purposes (and to make Batman look good) pretty much everyone is downgraded to Meta or less for Batbooks.

Etrigan has always (or at least back to the 1980s) been fairly powerful.

I wouldn't say Wonder Woman has gotten "massive boosts" over the years, she's just gotten a lot of small ones that build up over time.
depends on the time frame Cheetah was not that powerful when she original was developed.

this is true

k

When Wonder Woman first came on the scene, she wasent even bullet proof, her strength was nothing closes to superman level. She could not even fly. She gotten massively boosted over the years compared to her original self, as have many characters.

Bentley
In KMC everyone is Superman level except Superman.

Omega Vision
depends on the time frame Cheetah was not that powerful when she original was developed.

You're referring to the human Cheetah: a woman wearing a costume. I'm referring to Barbara Minerva, the Cheetah with real superpowers. In no way should Batman's punch even hurt her, let alone KO her instantly (a Batkick is another story stick out tongue), she also shouldn't be restrained by being handcuffed to a lightpost.

When Wonder Woman first came onto the scene Superman could juggle planets. So it's no real shame that she wasn't as strong as him.

Dum Dum Dugan
You're referring to the human Cheetah: a woman wearing a costume. I'm referring to Barbara Minerva, the Cheetah with real superpowers. In no way should Batman's punch even hurt her, let alone KO her instantly (a Batkick is another story stick out tongue), she also shouldn't be restrained by being handcuffed to a lightpost.

When Wonder Woman first came onto the scene Superman could juggle planets. So it's no real shame that she wasn't as strong as him.
oh ok

No i mean she did not have strength anywere near closes, I not even sure she was even 100 tonner or even closes to it. also how about the fact she could not fly or was not even bullet proof ect. those are some pretty big upgrades.

Omega Vision
oh ok

No i mean she did not have strength anywere near closes, I not even sure she was even 100 tonner or even closes to it. also how about the fact she could not fly or was not even bullet proof ect. those are some pretty big upgrades.
I've not read any WW comics from before the 70s, but I'm pretty sure she was always at least a low Class 100. Marston intended her to be Superman's female equal but other writers were less charitable.

carver9
Pure mele I'm giving this to wolverine...if you include powers, etrigan stomps. Please don't use the "who he fought" argument because wolverine alone have withstood assaults and have good showings against some of the most powerful beings in MU. Mele...wolveine 7/10.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by carver9
Pure mele I'm giving this to wolverine...if you include powers, etrigan stomps. Please don't use the "who he fought" argument because wolverine alone have withstood assaults and have good showings against some of the most powerful beings in MU. Mele...wolveine 7/10.
Pure Melee Wolverine gets punched to the Moon. no expression

King Castle
in the mid 90's diana was still shown to be low end 100 tonner.

she struggled with a bridge feat..

the good old days.. how i miss them. sad

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Castle
in the mid 90's diana was still shown to be low end 100 tonner.

she struggled with a bridge feat..

the good old days.. how i miss them. sad
A low showing does not indicate the norm. I'm pretty sure the mid nineties was the same era in which she along with MM and Superman towed the Earth.

Dum Dum Dugan
I've not read any WW comics from before the 70s, but I'm pretty sure she was always at least a low Class 100. Marston intended her to be Superman's female equal but other writers were less charitable.
I could be mistaken, but when she first came on the scene she was vastly weaker. Remember her strength not being closes to 100 tons.

but you are right her created ment for her to be like woman superman, but much of the writers at the time wrote her other wises.

Dum Dum Dugan
has he ever punched someone to the moon? honestly such tactics of debating are absurd, becuase based on the same logic Thing could beat Hulk the majority through BFR.

King Castle
A low showing does not indicate the norm. I'm pretty sure the mid nineties was the same era in which she along with MM and Superman towed the Earth. it was b4 the new established strength boost. that earth team lift was like 2000 iirc.

mid nighties she had a definite strength limit and it wasnt a low showing it was her established comic lvl. that is why i said mid nineties.

King Castle
has he ever punched someone to the moon? honestly such tactics of debating are absurd, becuase based on the same logic Thing could beat Hulk the majority through BFR. susperman, he sucked double fist uppercut supes to the moon.

anways... etrigan isnt pulling it off with his speed logan would see it coming and hitting superman doesnt grant FTL reflex or speed.

anyone remember when Etrigan fought Blue devil?

Blue devil = Superman

Fact roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9

I agree 3 times out of 10 this will happen... overall wolverine is much faster than him if you compare feats. If you use the "he tagged superman" argument well wolverine has tagged gladiator, quicksilver, north star, mimic, sentry, and the list goes on.

Etrigan strength isn't something new to him... hell his fight against savage hulk is >>>anything etrigan can dish out.

Wolverine have been punched out of orbit, punched into another country "twice" and bounced up like nothing happened.

Mele etrigan gets stomped.

Omega Vision
has he ever punched someone to the moon? honestly such tactics of debating are absurd, becuase based on the same logic Thing could beat Hulk the majority through BFR.
Yeah, Superman.

Except Thing is not thousands of times stronger than Hulk like Etrigan is to Wolverine, nor has he ever punched someone to the moon.

I'm not saying Etrigan is going to do that every time he fights Wolverine, just that it's possible and that should he do it Wolverine will be phucked.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yeah, Superman.

Except Thing is not thousands of times stronger than Hulk like Etrigan is to Wolverine, nor has he ever punched someone to the moon.

I'm not saying Etrigan is going to do that every time he fights Wolverine, just that it's possible and that should he do it Wolverine will be phucked.
interesting when?

strength has no baring on ability to stop bfr. So wolverine being that much weaker means nothing, because even if he had comparable strength that does not change how much he weights. Which is why such tactics of using BFR in debates is not only cop out but simply silly. Because base don such logic any heavy hitter who lands the first assault would win.

I think BFR are cop outs to be honest. Though that not to say that guy even needs it to win.

carver9
Yeah, Superman.

Let's compare speed feats from etrigan and wolverine.

Hulk is at least 3 times stronger than etrigan and wolverine does just fine against punches from him. Etrigan is getting decapitataed this match.

Prep-Man
Etrigan.

-K-M-
north star

ORLY?

King Castle
he killed him. but, he got better. so yes.

-K-M-
he killed him. but, he got better. so yes.

and how did he do that? he was trying to tag Shadowcat, but she phased and went right through her and hit Northstar during a sneak attack. Not the best example.

Tha C-Master
It seems like anybody who is not the Juggernaut or Hulk will lose to Wolverine in melee. sad

I'm not joking, it isn't funny at this point. It needs to stop. I actually don't hate Wolverine and this is only hurting him...

King Castle
Originally posted by -K-M-
and how did he do that? he was trying to tag Shadowcat, but she phased and went right through her and hit Northstar during a sneak attack. Not the best example. that was not the point. his point was the faulty logic of hitting ppl with the potential and power of superspeed does not transfer the ability to the other.

-K-M-
that was not the point. his point was the faulty logic of hitting ppl with the potential and power of superspeed does not transfer the ability to the other.

Yeah...during a sneak attack. So that's rather large context that was ignored.

Omega Vision
interesting when?

strength has no baring on ability to stop bfr. So wolverine being that much weaker means nothing, because even if he had comparable strength that does not change how much he weights. Which is why such tactics of using BFR in debates is not only cop out but simply silly. Because base don such logic any heavy hitter who lands the first assault would win.

I think BFR are cop outs to be honest. Though that not to say that guy even needs it to win.
Not sure.

I was addressing the gap in logic with your Thing-Hulk comparison. Which you haven't redressed. If Etrigan can bfr Superman then he can damn well bfr Wolverine.

You probably think that because that's how Wolverine loses every time to Heralds in forum battles.

carver9
and how did he do that? he was trying to tag Shadowcat, but she phased and went right through her and hit Northstar during a sneak attack. Not the best example.

How do you do that km... show up when people from alpha flight are mentioned?

Didn't they face each other numerous of times in the past?

King Castle
Yeah...during a sneak attack. So that's rather large context that was ignored. it was similar to supes getting hit by etrigan not expecting it when he went to check on etrigan who suckered punched supes..

-K-M-
it was similar to supes getting hit by etrigan not expecting it when he went to check on etrigan who suckered punched supes..

Once again adding context, Wolverine wasn't even trying to hit Northstar his target was Shadowcat. So that's a completly different scenario.

King Castle
Once again adding context, Wolverine wasn't even trying to hit Northstar his target was Shadowcat. So that's a completly different scenario. Damn it K-M. you are giving me an aneurysm!!g_twitch

Dum Dum Dugan
Not sure.

I was addressing the gap in logic with your Thing-Hulk comparison. Which you haven't redressed. If Etrigan can bfr Superman then he can damn well bfr Wolverine.

You probably think that because that's how Wolverine loses every time to Heralds in forum battles.

why should I? BFR is based on wieght, being super strong does not change how much you way. Whole idea behind bfr is stupid, any heavy hitter who hits the other first auto wins. Hulk bfr supermanto the moon before, but never done so with wolverine. BFR just faulty logic and cop out. Etrigan can bfr wolverine, but also any heavy hitter shoudl also be able to bfr him. If you want to play the BFR card you als much exknolwedge BFR in every fight.

Herald don't need to bfr him to win. I think this because there cop outs in debates. Also makes debating pointless if every heavy hitter simply BFR everyone. Also think there double standards were people bring BFR only when it fits there arguement, but ignore then in all other debates.

Prep-Man
Etrigan punching Logan to the moon? Yeah, that will work.

Omega Vision
why should I? BFR is based on wieght, being super strong does not change how much you way. Whole idea behind bfr is stupid, any heavy hitter who hits the other first auto wins. Hulk bfr supermanto the moon before, but never done so with wolverine. BFR just faulty logic and cop out. Etrigan can bfr wolverine, but also any heavy hitter shoudl also be able to bfr him. If you want to play the BFR card you als much exknolwedge BFR in every fight.

Herald don't need to bfr him to win. I think this because there cop outs in debates. Also makes debating pointless if every heavy hitter simply BFR everyone. Also think there double standards were people bring BFR only when it fits there arguement, but ignore then in all other debates.
In comics the extent to which an enemy gets moved by an attack is based less on weight and more on relative power levels.

It's incredibly unscientific but then we're talking about comics here. Even though Spider-Man should logically be able to punch Thor ten stories into the air it isn't going to happen because of Thor's "Super-Inertia" (what I call this phenomena). If Hulk were to punch him however...

Dum Dum Dugan
In comics the extent to which an enemy gets moved by an attack is based less on weight and more on relative power levels.

It's incredibly unscientific but then we're talking about comics here. Even though Spider-Man should logically be able to punch Thor ten stories into the air it isn't going to happen because of Thor's "Super-Inertia" (what I call this phenomena). If Hulk were to punch him however...
not really, heavy hitters like superman have bene hit to the moon. It weight not strength. Ones strength would have zero baring on them being BFR.

again in comics Hulk punches thor numerous times with out sending him anywere, and has done the same to wolverine as well. BFR happens very rarely in comics, comparative to when it does not occure. It has no baring on power level either, characters like wolverine hardly ever get BFR and there vastly weaker then there opponents,

Tha C-Master

It's incredibly unscientific but then we're talking about comics here. Even though Spider-Man should logically be able to punch Thor ten stories into the air it isn't going to happen because of Thor's "Super-Inertia" (what I call this phenomena). If Hulk were to punch him however... 10 stories? I suppose. I had a similar dispute when Spider-Man flung the Hulk. I guess it has more to do with appearance and messing up peoples suspension of belief, a smaller character won't generally manhandle a stronger one except for certain circumstances. Stronger characters can resist blows better, Supes for example.

h1a8
not really, heavy hitters like superman have bene hit to the moon. It weight not strength. Ones strength would have zero baring on them being BFR.

again in comics Hulk punches thor numerous times with out sending him anywere, and has done the same to wolverine as well. BFR happens very rarely in comics, comparative to when it does not occure. It has no baring on power level either, characters like wolverine hardly ever get BFR and there vastly weaker then there opponents,

If BFR is based on power levels then Hulk and others hit Wolverine below their strength (low showing).

If BFR is based on weight (which it is really) then Hulk and others not doing it to Wolverine are still low showings.

In comics there are low showings and high showings.

Dum Dum Dugan
. everytime brick does not bfr an opponents it a low showing......

H1 as always your logic is garbage

don't know why I even click the here bottun.......

new it would be some reiduclous statement aim towards me.

-Pr-

if comics stuck to actual science in that context then you would be right.

they just don't.

carver9
Lol at people using bfr for etrigan to win. Desperate

Omega Vision
Lol at people using bfr for etrigan to win. Desperate
It's not like he needs it to beat Logan.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by -Pr-
if comics stuck to actual science in that context then you would be right.

they just don't.
which is my entire point. BFR don't happen the vast majority in comics, to say that gunna happen in a fight on forum is a stretch to say the least, more or less a cop out from actually debating the topic.

-Pr-
which is my entire point. BFR don't happen the vast majority in comics, to say that gunna happen in a fight on forum is a stretch to say the least, more or less a cop out from actually debating the topic.

but characters do bfr each other a lot. it's actually a staple of superman fights, for example. even hulk did it during (ugh) wwh. it does happen, and is a viable tactic.

etrigan has bfr'd people, like when he punched superman for example.

is it his most likely course of action? no. he has options as it is.

no reason he can't bfr someone, though.

carver9
It's not like he needs it to beat Logan.

That's his only option because if he tries to fight him he is getting blitzed.

-Pr-

hard to blitz with a face full of hellfire. and a lack of a considerable speed advantage. and etc etc

King Castle
how fast do you think Etrigan really is?

he squats and has short legs!!

Dum Dum Dugan

is it his most likely course of action? no. he has options as it is.

no reason he can't bfr someone, though.

That was my arguement from the get go. They can do it, it just not a likely occurance. I just hate when people (not talking anyone in particular)uses the bfr responses, as if every highly strong/brick first move or even likely hood is to BFR anyone they fight, becuase frankly he just does not happen vast majority of the time. Still lol at H1 trying to pretend that when people don't get bfr that means brick holding back and it a low showing.

I agree he can, just not likely occurance. Not to say he even needs to.

Omega Vision
how fast do you think Etrigan really is?

he squats and has short legs!!
That describes Wolverine perfectly.

The Nuul
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=476393

Dum Dum Dugan
I don't agree with this, this is as likely for wolverine to try as brick going for BFR. There simply not likely occurances, and to pretend they are I feel is ignoring characters histories and comics in general.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Starscream M
No BFR. <---- "hello, look at me!"

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1440/69970-wolverine_400.jpg vs http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/Blodemon_1.jpg

The Nuul
I dont get it.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Starscream M
No BFR. <---- "hello, look at me!"

The Nuul
Ummmm.....sure, ok.

carver9
hard to blitz with a face full of hellfire. and a lack of a considerable speed advantage. and etc etc

Wolverine is much faster than etrigan... this shouldn't even be debated. Does etrigan even have a speed showing that makes you think otherwise?

carver9
I don't agree with this, this is as likely for wolverine to try as brick going for BFR. There simply not likely occurances, and to pretend they are I feel is ignoring characters histories and comics in general.

Uumm... wolverine use his speed and reflexes in "all" of his fights whereas etrigan only bfred someone once. Its more common for wolverine to use his speed vs etrigan bfring someone.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by The Nuul
Ummmm.....sure, ok. ... the OP says no BFR. But the last two pages have been about Etrigan's propensity for BFR...

-Pr-
Wolverine is much faster than etrigan... this shouldn't even be debated.

And yet...

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
... the OP says no BFR. But the last two pages have been about Etrigan's propensity for BFR...

I don't read OPs. Mod prerogative.

The Nuul
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
... the OP says no BFR. But the last two pages have been about Etrigan's propensity for BFR...

I know, just being a dink.

carver9
And yet...

I don't read OPs. Mod prerogative.

It would be difficult for etrigan to hit wolverine kind of how it was difficult for hulk, wendigo, rulk, and other heavy hitters to hit him. Etrigan is going to get stabbed continuous and I don't think he will be able to take repeated stabs like the people that I named.

-Pr-
It would be difficult for etrigan to hit wolverine kind of how it was difficult for hulk, wendigo, rulk, and other heavy hitters to hit him. Etrigan is going to get stabbed continuous and I don't think he will be able to take repeated stabs like the people that I named.

Why are you automatically assuming a) etrigan is slower to the point where he can't keep up, and b) logan can pierce him?

don't lump him in with them. he's not as much a brick as you might think.

Mindset
How is Etrigan's healing?

carver9
Why are you automatically assuming a) etrigan is slower to the point where he can't keep up, and b) logan can pierce him?

don't lump him in with them. he's not as much a brick as you might think.

That's why I am asking you for speed feats. Show me something that would make you think that he is on wolverine level or something that would prevent a blitz from wolverine.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
How is Etrigan's healing?

from what i've seen it's pretty decent. He's not so much a healer as he is someone that can still function effectively even when losing limbs.

That's why I am asking you for speed feats. Show me something that would make you think that he is on wolverine level or something that would prevent a blitz from wolverine.

you don't even know how fast etrigan is and yet you readily assume logan would blitz him?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>