Silver Surfer vs All Star Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORDSIDIOUS01
hmm

TricksterPriest
It's not a curbstomp......but Surfer is going down at least 7-8/10. All Star Superman is simply too powerful.

Priest
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's not a curbstomp......but Surfer is going down at least 7-8/10. All Star Superman is simply too powerful.
roll eyes (sarcastic)..aside from AS superman being stronger, he has nothing on Surfer.
Surfer wins

Soljer
The Surfer wins.

Terryc250
Surfer drains his solar power!

Martian_mind
Then Purple moon Superman pwns him.

tkitna
I'm going to have to agree with Trickster on this. All Star Supes is ignorantly powerful. By the time Surfer absorbs that much energy, he will have died 5 times.

All Star Superman 8/10

Mider999
superman is strong as well as fast how fast could he go faster then light right, then he could do other nifty things, one punch and its over for the surfer.

janus77
Surfer 8/10.
more versatile, faster, greater durability (the T&A beating and the Big Crunch are phenomenal feats of durability) imo.

TricksterPriest
Energy durability. Surfer takes punches like a *****. stick out tongue Look at Drax&Thanos.

guy222
Energy durability. Surfer takes punches like a *****. stick out tongue Look at Drax&Thanos.

Don't forget the T'Challa armbar wink

Galan007
Supes 6-7/10

Roldz
I quess where only counting this characters highest feats. You know All-Star Supermans quantillion tons of strength, then its only fair to count Surfers highest feat in terms of durability and recuperative control over his body.. check scans below
http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unilord2eb3.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unilord3vk4.jpg
eek! laughing .. Its silly but hey its cannon.. Surfer FTW..

Galan007
Originally posted by Roldz
I quess where only counting this characters highest feats. You know All-Star Supermans quantillion tons of strength, then its only fair to count Surfers highest feat in terms of durability and recuperative control over his body Not really... erm

That's one of Superman's only real strength feats so far.

He doesn't have any lower feats, (like SS does).

His only other "strength" feat would be him hitting a planet so hard and fast, that it moved into a completely different dimension. wink

Roldz
Originally posted by Galan007
Not really... erm

That's one of Superman's only real strength feats so far.

He doesn't have any lower feats, (like SS does).

His only other "strength" feat would be him hitting a planet so hard and fast, that it moved into a completely different dimension. wink
Hey! Galan which issue did he do that? Man im missing a few issue my comic shops fault sad ..
Thats pretty uber..
That thing is he couldnt even take Eclipso out, he eventually beat him dough.. Having that kind of strength he should be one shutting them.
Cant wait when he fights Ultraman (i think that was his name)..lol

Galan007
Hey! Galan which issue did he do that? Man im missing a few issue my comic shops fault sad ..
Thats pretty uber.. This happened in "A/S Superman #7", Supes hit the Bizarro world so hard and fast that it moved from his Universe, back to the Underverse:

http://i84.imagethrust.com/t/1011477/as7.jpg http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/1011478/as8.jpg http://i84.imagethrust.com/t/1011479/as9.jpg http://i84.imagethrust.com/t/1011486/as10.jpg

Roldz
Ohh yeah i have that.. Cant wait for him to fight Ultra Superman, should be awesome.. Still i dont think he hit Bizzarro to another dimension, he hurt it dough but it crawled itself back to its own dimension at least that how im getting it at, similar way Olsen see it wink..

Galan007
Still i dont think he hit Bizzarro to another dimension, he hurt it dough but it crawled itself back to its own dimension at least that how im getting it at, similar way Olsen see it wink.. Yeah,

But he still hit it that hard.... it's freakin crazy how strong he is lol.

Roldz
That i agree..

Redatom65
Superman beats him, Allstar in the stomp

Priest
Originally posted by Redatom65
Superman beats him, Allstar in the stomp
WRONG on both accounts ermmgrin

guy222
Originally posted by Priest
WRONG on both accounts ermmgrin

bump

quanchi112
surfer takes 7 out of ten majority. power cosmic could make superman so weak and could crush him if and when surfer felt likt it. it ends when surfer wants it to. supermans rep gets him the 3 upsets out of ten. which aint much but its something.

mykke
Originally posted by quanchi112
surfer takes 7 out of ten majority. power cosmic could make superman so weak and could crush him if and when surfer felt likt it. it ends when surfer wants it to. supermans rep gets him the 3 upsets out of ten. which aint much but its something.

This is All-Star Superman, Superman's superior in every way. This would be a VERY hard fight for Silver Surfer. I say All-Star Superman takes this 6 / 10, all close wins/loses.

darthgoober
Isn't All Star dying from solar radiation? Wouldn't that mean that Surfer could just take him out by bombarding him and expedite the process?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by darthgoober
Isn't All Star dying from solar radiation? Wouldn't that mean that Surfer could just take him out by bombarding him and expedite the process?

Given that we know All-Star Superman survives....that might backfire really really badly. haermm

darthgoober
Given that we know All-Star Superman survives....that might backfire really really badly. haermm
How do we know that he'd survive? Has he been attacked with a massive dose of solar radiation or something?

TricksterPriest
Even if he is dying right now, we know that the solar radiation doesn't kill him. Temporal physics. The masked Superman is the future All-Star Supes. Thus, he survives the solar radiation.

Surfer might be able to kill him with the solar radiation, but it might just be like pouring TNT on a fire. Sure the fire will go out, but it will take you with it.

darthgoober
Even if he is dying right now, we know that the solar radiation doesn't kill him. Temporal physics. The masked Superman is the future All-Star Supes. Thus, he survives the solar radiation.

Has ever been established how/why he survived?

TricksterPriest
Has ever been established how/why he survived?

no The series is still on-going. But we know he survives due to the temporal physics involved. smile

darthgoober
no The series is still on-going. But we know he survives due to the temporal physics involved. smile
So he may still find a cure or way to halt/slow the process in the future right? That doesn't prove that it wouldn't work NOW. Maybe no one has ever attacked the future All Star with high concentrations of solar energy. If all we have to go on in that regard is speculation(which is bad to base an argument off of), then at present the only facts available are that Supes is dying from solar radiation and Surfer can produce that radiation in HIGH amounts. So by the actual on panel evidence we have available at this point, Surfer should probably take the majority here. If it is ever established that solar bombardment ISN'T a viable tactic then my assessment will change, but for right now that seems to be the most logical breakdown.

quanchi112
surfers power cosmic when used to its fullest it to powerful its a planet destroyer with ease. he can turn things into whataver he wants. superman goes down swinging

mykke
So he may still find a cure or way to halt/slow the process in the future right? That doesn't prove that it wouldn't work NOW. Maybe no one has ever attacked the future All Star with high concentrations of solar energy. If all we have to go on in that regard is speculation(which is bad to base an argument off of), then at present the only facts available are that Supes is dying from solar radiation and Surfer can produce that radiation in HIGH amounts. So by the actual on panel evidence we have available at this point, Surfer should probably take the majority here. If it is ever established that solar bombardment ISN'T a viable tactic then my assessment will change, but for right now that seems to be the most logical breakdown.

Seems like a very good point to me, if this can be dis proven I will stick with my original AS supes 6 / 10 if not Silver Surfer 8 / 10

darthgoober
Originally posted by mykke
Seems like a very good point to me, if this can be dis proven I will stick with my original AS supes 6 / 10 if not Silver Surfer 8 / 10
You mean I actually CONVINCED someone that Surfer would take the majority over a version of Supes that wasn't already inclined to believe it anyway eek! . I don't think that's ever happened to me before...

TricksterPriest
You mean I actually CONVINCED someone that Surfer would take the majority over a version of Supes that wasn't already inclined to believe it anyway eek! . I don't think that's ever happened to me before...

laughing Shocking, I know. I still think Superman can take partially due to higher combat speed and the fact that I believe he can KO Surfer in a few punches.

Ymir
Normal Superman is already retardedly, illogically powerful. All Star Superman takes the wankage to a whole new level.

AS Superman 8/10

quanchi112
surfers power cosmic is to powerful for superman it would focus on his weaknesses

Ymir
No limits fallacy, hooray! Can you quantify his powers? If not, the vast uber-wankage of AS Superman takes this.

quanchi112
surfer using his capabilities and powers to their fullest would do whatever he wanted to superman. powercosmic is better than anything kryptonians have

darthgoober
laughing Shocking, I know. I still think Superman can take partially due to higher combat speed and the fact that I believe he can KO Surfer in a few punches.
I kinda doubt that since Surfer has the energy output to match Thanos and create a black hole with a fair amount of ease. If he used that type of output to channel solar energy, I think All Star is pretty much screwed.

quanchi112
I kinda doubt that since Surfer has the energy output to match Thanos and create a black hole with a fair amount of ease. If he used that type of output to channel solar energy, I think All Star is pretty much screwed. nicely said i concur 100 percent. silver surfer is uber powerful when he wants to be.

Kid Kurdy
I kinda doubt that since Surfer has the energy output to match Thanos and create a black hole with a fair amount of ease.
All Star Superman > Thanos.

Yes he is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
All Star Whoops on him with one Arm tied behind his back.

panthergod
Surfer gets knocked out with one punch.

guy222
All Star Superman

deadspeak25
well since AS is no longer really hurt by knite, I suppose the only thing surfer can do would be to try the solar energy thing, but I don't see him trying that fast enough. AS 7/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
All Star Superman > Thanos.

Yes he is. Not true at all. Thanos would break him.

Estacado
Not true at all. Thanos would break him.
haermm
All Star punched a planet into another dimesion.
Let's see Thanos do that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
haermm
All Star punched a planet into another dimesion.
Let's see Thanos do that. That means nothing. Terrax can destroy planets and he is nothing to Thanos. Punching another planet to another dimension means little. Battle feats? Scans? Planets usually dont hit back. stick out tongue

Estacado
That means nothing.
lmao

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
lmao Battle feats anyone?

llagrok
Anyone got battle feats for Master Hate and Mistress Love?

No? I suppose Surfer beats them too then haermm

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Anyone got battle feats for Master Hate and Mistress Love?

No? I suppose Surfer beats them too then haermm Your comparing Hate and Love to Superman. laughing out loud

Just because he sinks islands doesnt get him the w here.

The Great Galen
SS is uber when he want's to be, but in this situation I don't see how he can bring down AS supes. There's no weakness to exploit aside from the solar thing which is unlikly since Supes won't be standing still letting him try it out. AS Supes 7/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
SS is uber when he want's to be, but in this situation I don't see how he can bring down AS supes. There's no weakness to exploit aside from the solar thing which is unlikly since Supes won't be standing still letting him try it out. AS Supes 7/10 Solar energy for the win for Surfer. He has been upgraded and will dominate any Supes because he still has weaknesses. stick out tongue

The Great Galen
lol Solar energy, yeah cause Supes will be taking a nap letting SS try that out. One punch from Supes would rock the hell out of SS, afterall SS has been KO'ed by being kept under water.

quanchi112
lol Solar energy, yeah cause Supes will be taking a nap letting SS try that out. One punch from Supes would rock the hell out of SS, afterall SS has been KO'ed by being kept under water. Surfer has very good durability. He will take this punch and then quickly blast him with red solar energy.

The Great Galen
SS would have a hard time rolling with normal Supes punch yet alone a Supes who's power has more then doubled. SS has been rocked by Thor and Gladiator in the past and AS supes is operating on level's beyond those guys, Supes 7/10

quanchi112
SS would have a hard time rolling with normal Supes punch yet alone a Supes who's power has more then doubled. SS has been rocked by Thor and Gladiator in the past and AS supes is operating on level's beyond those guys, Supes 7/10 The difference is that Thor and Gladiator dont have Supermans weakness.

The Great Galen
Again, Sups will not be stationary during the fight...he will be moving lol. A amped supes who's powers have more then tripled is simply to much for SS. AS Supes 7/10.

quanchi112
Again, Sups will not be stationary during the fight...he will be moving lol. A amped supes who's powers have more then tripled is simply to much for SS. AS Supes 7/10. Neither will Surfer. If Superman didnt have this weakness then maybe it would be different but he does.

Avlon
Again, Sups will not be stationary during the fight...he will be moving lol. A amped supes who's powers have more then tripled is simply to much for SS. AS Supes 7/10.

thumb up

The Great Galen
The weakness isn't going to decide anything though, SS needs to first generate the red-sun energy but will he manifest in time before AS Supes rocks him with a "dimension shattering"punch. All the cards r stacked agains SS aside from a single sploit that needs prep...prep needs time which cant be afforded agaisnt someone as fast and as strong as AS Supes.

darthgoober
The weakness isn't going to decide anything though, SS needs to first generate the red-sun energy but will he manifest in time before AS Supes rocks him with a "dimension shattering"punch. All the cards r stacked agains SS aside from a single sploit that needs prep...prep needs time which cant be afforded agaisnt someone as fast and as strong as AS Supes.
Why would Surfer do something he has to prep for...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer3.jpg

Sirius77
Is wonder man ftl?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Sirius77
Is wonder man ftl?
How is that relevant when the effect was immediate? Are we discussing whether or not Surfer's going to be able to tag Supes or how long it'll take to manipulate his solar energy?

Avlon
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer3.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what this would prove with all star?

That SS is more powerful than WM? Didn't he later do the same thing back to SS anyway?

Sirius77
How is that relevant when the effect was immediate? Are we discussing whether or not Surfer's going to be able to tag Supes or how long it'll take to manipulate his solar energy?

"Immediate" is a relative term when referring to two ftl beings. So if wonder man is not ftl, then I dont see how it would be relevant to as superman unless he slowed himself down to wondermans level of speed. It's a great feat, but this will be a much more high speed battle than you think.

llagrok
Originally posted by Avlon

That SS is more powerful than WM? Didn't he later do the same thing back to SS anyway?

Look closer, Goober is trying to show us how both Carol and Wasp are superior to SS smile

Roldz
"dimension shattering"punch.
It never happened.. Read the freakin issue..

There's been quite a few character that withstood AS superman attacks. Ie. Bizzaro, Doomsday, etc... And this without red solar weakness.. Surfer is not going to go down with just a few hits and lets be reall AS is not = to flash in speed department..

carver9

There's been quite a few character that withstood AS superman attacks. Ie. Bizzaro, Doomsday, etc... And this without red solar weakness.. Surfer is not going to go down with just a few hits and lets be reall AS is not = to flash in speed department..

great post.
Happy Dance

carver9
Originally posted by Sirius77
"Immediate" is a relative term when referring to two ftl beings. So if wonder man is not ftl, then I dont see how it would be relevant to as superman unless he slowed himself down to wondermans level of speed. It's a great feat, but this will be a much more high speed battle than you think.

Wonderman has done interstellar flight from one side of the solar system to the other in a short period of time. So he has done some faster then light things also.

The Great Galen

No but AS Supes>>>Normal Supes, and If i recall his power more then trippled in the AS series. Normal Supes is easily comparable to SS in terms of durability,strength and speed enough as it is....so aside from a small exploit with redsun radiation I dont see SS taking the majority here. AS Supes 7/10

quanchi112
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer3.jpg Nice scan there.

quanchi112

There's been quite a few character that withstood AS superman attacks. Ie. Bizzaro, Doomsday, etc... And this without red solar weakness.. Surfer is not going to go down with just a few hits and lets be reall AS is not = to flash in speed department.. QFT.

quanchi112
No but AS Supes>>>Normal Supes, and If i recall his power more then trippled in the AS series. Normal Supes is easily comparable to SS in terms of durability,strength and speed enough as it is....so aside from a small exploit with redsun radiation I dont see SS taking the majority here. AS Supes 7/10 Surfer has enough durability to destroy Supes with his power cosmic. Again its all about the weakness.

Roldz
No but AS Supes>>>Normal Supes, and If i recall his power more then trippled in the AS series. Normal Supes is easily comparable to SS in terms of durability,strength and speed enough as it is....so aside from a small exploit with redsun radiation I dont see SS taking the majority here. AS Supes 7/10
It hasn't gotten to that point yet till then i disagree featwise normal Supes is superior..

Redsun radiation, he could also speed up AS cellular breakdown.. We now know he is not immune to biomolecular manipulation unlike normal supes which i think is a far worse weakness than kryptonite.. Surfer can exploit those weakness..

MightyEInherjar
Like I said, I'm pretty sure Silver Surfer could pretty much "pop" AS Superman's cells with a single concentrated blast of Solar Energy...which is something SS should be able to do on the fly.

DestinyGuy678
...cant superman just block any and all of surfers blasts by extending his biofield?

llagrok
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
...cant superman just block any and all of surfers blasts by extending his biofield?

He just did something similar in ASS 11 smile

DestinyGuy678
He just did something similar in ASS 11 smile yeah so...I dont see how silver surfers energy manipulation helps him here

Erik-Lensherr
He just did something similar in ASS 11 smile

thumb up

Bentley
ASS stomps, the guy is a beast.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
ASS stomps, the guy is a beast. Surfer is built to destroy Supermen. He has all the tools necessary to do this.

DestinyGuy678
Surfer is built to destroy Supermen. He has all the tools necessary to do this. most of his attacks could be blocked by superman extending his biofield

Bentley
Other Superman have not the same biofield feats.

quanchi112
most of his attacks could be blocked by superman extending his biofield He isnt going to block all of them.

Bentley
He has oneshotted a star. With his fist. He has crazy super-speed and has done things that Imps have failed to do. If Surfer was more durable, or stronger, say Thanos level, he would take it, but Surfer has no real chance.

quanchi112
He has oneshotted a star. With his fist. He has crazy super-speed and has done things that Imps have failed to do. If Surfer was more durable, or stronger, say Thanos level, he would take it, but Surfer has no real chance. Ok. Battle feats. Surfer has the durability to withstand attacks from Aegis and Tenebrous.

Tell me about something Superman did against someone who hits back.

Bentley
Surfer withstood like, two attacks of T&A before being owned. People don't hit back because Superman is too fast wink

llagrok
Surfer almost died from two attacks.

T&A are shit anyways.

quanchi112
Surfer withstood like, two attacks of T&A before being owned. People don't hit back because Superman is too fast wink Surfer defeated two beings capable of beating Galactus.

Again you have nothing. smile

DestinyGuy678
Ok. Battle feats. Surfer has the durability to withstand attacks from Aegis and Tenebrous.

Tell me about something Superman did against someone who hits back. ...killed a tyrant sun and used a combination of his new powers to overcome him with help from his sun eater though

quanchi112
...killed a tyrant sun and used a combination of his new powers to overcome him with help from his sun eater though Scans.

DestinyGuy678
Directly from the respect thread

All-Star Superman finally takes on the 'true' Solaris, whom is shocked by the new powers he is displaying:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as2-1.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as3-1.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as4-1.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as5-1.jpg

======

Solaris kills Superman's pet Sun-Eater:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as6-1.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as7-1.jpg

======

Superman then owns Solaris:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as8.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as9.jpg

Note that when Superman delivers the final blow, it creates what looks to be, a mini nuclear explosion.

quanchi112
Directly from the respect thread

All-Star Superman finally takes on the 'true' Solaris, whom is shocked by the new powers he is displaying:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as2-1.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as3-1.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as4-1.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as5-1.jpg

======

Solaris kills Superman's pet Sun-Eater:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as6-1.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as7-1.jpg

======

Superman then owns Solaris:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as8.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_as9.jpg

Note that when Superman delivers the final blow, it creates what looks to be, a mini nuclear explosion. He doesnt have a solar suit here. no expression

DestinyGuy678
He doesnt have a solar suit here. no expression yes, that doesnt stop hi mfrom blocking the blasts with his bio-field

quanchi112
yes, that doesnt stop hi mfrom blocking the blasts with his bio-field Doesnt matter he wont have the solar suit on because he obviously needed it here. Your post did more harm for your argument than good.

llagrok
The fact that he's not wearing the solar suit there, makes it even more impressive.

DestinyGuy678
Doesnt matter he wont have the solar suit on because he obviously needed it here. Your post did more harm for your argument than good. I dont se why he would need one, silver surfer can fire blasts of radiation (which can be blocked) but his body wont be actually radiating vast amouns of red su nradiation like the su nwas

quanchi112
I dont se why he would need one, silver surfer can fire blasts of radiation (which can be blocked) but his body wont be actually radiating vast amouns of red su nradiation like the su nwas Supes cant block them all and he gets hit he gets beat.

darthgoober

It proves that Surfer can manipulate people's personal energy stores without having to take time to"prep" for it.

quanchi112
It proves that Surfer can manipulate peoples personal energy stores without having to take time to"prep" for it. thumb up

DestinyGuy678
Supes cant block them all and he gets hit he gets beat. superman can extend his biofield like a force field hed ben in an energy bubble...or he could launc ha counter attack (such as his new lightning/energy punch)

darthgoober
I dont se why he would need one, silver surfer can fire blasts of radiation (which can be blocked) but his body wont be actually radiating vast amouns of red su nradiation like the su nwas
What makes you so sure...

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/3474/ssenslavers55yk0.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9283/ssenslavers56dn4.jpg

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6772/silversurfer198801612ml5.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/478/silversurfer198801613hx7.jpg

quanchi112
superman can extend his biofield like a force field hed ben in an energy bubble...or he could launc ha counter attack (such as his new lightning/energy punch) And you think the power cosmic just limits him to shooting energy blasts.

Surfer is far too versatile here and can withstand punches from Superman. He wins.

ultimatethor
I heard somwhere that all star is three times more powrfl than normal. Really with SSs vast powers he should still take it

darthgoober
Originally posted by ultimatethor
I heard somwhere that all star is three times more powrfl than normal. Really with SSs vast powers he should still take it
That's kinda inaccurate. AS Supes is 3x more powerful than HE was at the beginning of the series, but there's nothing to suggest that he's 3x more powerful than "standard" Supes.

ultimatethor
That's kinda inaccurate. AS Supes is 3x more powerful than HE was at the beginning of the series, but there's nothing to suggest that he's 3x more powerful than "standard" Supes.

Thanks for da info

quanchi112
That's kinda inaccurate. AS Supes is 3x more powerful than HE was at the beginning of the series, but there's nothing to suggest that he's 3x more powerful than "standard" Supes. thumb up

Avlon
It proves that Surfer can manipulate people's personal energy stores without having to take time to"prep" for it.

Not really as wonder man is as different from superman as spiderman is to Thor.

quanchi112
Not really as wonder man is as different from superman as spiderman is to Thor. Power cosmic will do whatever is necessary to defeat Superman and he can it easily as shown in the scans. smile

Avlon
Power cosmic will do whatever is necessary to defeat Superman and he can it easily as shown in the scans. smile

becoming bright is hardly the answer. SS is way more versatile than Thanos yet casually loses to slower weaker punches.

ultimatethor
becoming bright is hardly the answer. SS is way more versatile than Thanos yet casually loses to slower weaker punches.

Mainly because thanos is way more durable than him( WAY)

Galan007
Power cosmic will do whatever is necessary to defeat Superman and he can it easily as shown in the scans. smile heh.

llagrok

From looking at the amount ASS is pushing, it looks like he was already much, much stronger than regular Superman.

Avlon
From looking at the amount ASS is pushing, it looks like he was already much, much stronger than regular Superman.

Actually that statement is a double edged sword on their behalf since it's NOT the same Superman.

Roldz
superman can extend his biofield like a force field hed ben in an energy bubble...or he could launc ha counter attack (such as his new lightning/energy punch)
Obviously red solar radiation bypasses his biofield otherwise it would not greatly weaken him, an energy attack of same configuration would make the biofield null/useless..

BradBalboa
All Star Supers is 3 time smore powerful than normal post crisis- Superman, he take sit, the surfer cant take someone who can hold 200 quintillion tons with one hand !!

Galan007
Maybe, Roldz.

Galan007
From looking at the amount ASS is pushing, it looks like he was already much, much stronger than regular Superman. I wouldn't say that, necessarily. A/S is, for all intents and purposes, a sundipped Superman. I've seen a 'mainstream' sundipped Supes push Battleworld around like it was a ping pong ball - and Battleworld > the 200 quintillion tons A/S lifted with one arm, I'd wager.

Thing that sets A/S apart from damn near any version of Superman, is the extreme ease in which he accomplishes these amazing feats. That, and the fact that he is pretty much perma-sundipped, .

The Great Galen
Well aside from that, Ive seen SS have issues dealing with Thor on a constant basis. AS Supes is simply to powerful here, he takes it 7/10

llagrok
I wouldn't say that, necessarily. A/S is, for all intents and purposes, a sundipped Superman. I've seen a 'mainstream' sundipped Supes push Battleworld around like it was a ping pong ball - and Battleworld > the 200 quintillion tons A/S lifted with one arm, I'd wager.

Thing that sets A/S apart from damn near any version of Superman, is the extreme ease in which he accomplishes these amazing feats. That, and the fact that he is pretty much perma-sundipped, .

I thought the scientist was referring to Superman before the dip, when he said that his strength had tripled.

Galan007
I thought the scientist was referring to Superman before the dip, when he said that his strength had tripled. Nah, that was just after the dip.

llagrok
Nah, that was just after the dip.

My bad then.

ultimatethor
As long as SS does not get into a physical match then he can win. He just has too many powers

darthgoober
Not really as wonder man is as different from superman as spiderman is to Thor.
Then it's a good thing he used the same trick on the Vision just before that because it demonstrates the effect has quite a bit of range. Let's see, he can do it to the electrical signals in the Vision and he can do it to the ionic energy of Wonderman... I'm willing to bet that he can do it to the solar energy of Supes. Especially when you take Surfer's capacity for manipulating solar energy in other situations.

Avlon
Then it's a good thing he used the same trick on the Vision just before that because it demonstrates the effect has quite a bit of range. Let's see, he can do it to the electrical signals in the Vision and he can do it to the ionic energy of Wonderman... I'm willing to bet that he can do it to the solar energy of Supes. Especially when you take Surfer's capacity for manipulating solar energy.

I'm sure you thought of that long and hard.

http://doulifee.com//Storage/aceatt/GyakutenSaiban4/2-6ani-kawadzu-sweats2.gif

You said it though, you willing to bet that it can be done because he did it to a robot and an ionic being. If I remember correctly, they got Surfer back with the same trick and were able to restrain him too. Any proof that it's done to this version of Superman?

You stated it here:

He's not the same Superman. He has more control over energy, and he hasn't been shown to have that weakness.

The Great Galen
Not to mention Supes won't be just waiting there untill SS tests to see if this works. Supes 7/10

quanchi112
Not to mention Supes won't be just waiting there untill SS tests to see if this works. Supes 7/10 It will work and Surfers durability assures he could take his punches.

The Great Galen
Wasn't SS Ko'ed by being put underwater, and besides that its pretty much speculative if it would work agaisnt AS while we know a punch from AS supes would work agaisnt SS.

darthgoober
I'm sure you thought of that long and hard.

http://doulifee.com//Storage/aceatt/GyakutenSaiban4/2-6ani-kawadzu-sweats2.gif
Huh? I was away because I'm spending less time on the computer nowadays in favor of spending time with my son.

You said it though, you willing to bet that it can be done because he did it to a robot and an ionic being. If I remember correctly, they got Surfer back with the same trick and were able to restrain him too. Any proof that it's done to this version of Superman?
Nope. But then again I don't think that specific trick had been done on any of those three before that either(I could be wrong about that though). And if anything, the fact that Tony was able to replicate the feat with tech and the help of the other Avengers just further demonstrates that the trick will work on pretty much any character with a lot of energy going through their body(like AS Supes).

You stated it here:

He's not the same Superman. He has more control over energy, and he hasn't been shown to have that weakness.
What makes you think of it's a matter of it being an actual "weakness"? The Vision's never been explicitly stated a having a weakness to that effect and I doubt it's ever been done to him since then. It was done successfully to three characters who's only common trait was the large quantities of energy within their body.

quanchi112
Wasn't SS Ko'ed by being put underwater, and besides that its pretty much speculative if it would work agaisnt AS while we know a punch from AS supes would work agaisnt SS. Yes but it wouldnt put him down whereas Surfer quickly exploits Superman's weaknesses.

The Great Galen
Hmm assuming it would even work, even then SS WILL BE reeling from the punch...hell the guy was rocked by the black panther.

Badabing
Wasn't SS Ko'ed by being put underwater, and besides that its pretty much speculative if it would work agaisnt AS while we know a punch from AS supes would work agaisnt SS. Yeah. He casually pushed against the equivalent of 200 quintillion tons with one arm. His freakin' front door key weighs half a million tons! shocklaugh

Avlon
Originally posted by Badabing
Yeah. He casually pushed against the equivalent of 200 quintillion tons with one arm. His freakin' front door key weighs half a million tons! shocklaugh

He punched a planet back to a different dimension.

So much the planet actually feared him.

Superman yells "think quick" to SS and tosses his key at him. Surfer gets hit by the key and goes down for the loss! big grin

Galan007
Originally posted by Badabing
His freakin' front door key weighs half a million tons! shocklaugh The simple act of A/S lifting that key is a class 100+++ feat in itself.

So much the planet actually feared him. big grin He beat Solaris.

Avlon
The simple act of A/S lifting that key is a class 100+++ feat in itself.

He beat Solaris.

That too. Who commented and was surprised that Supes kept pulling out new powers.

quanchi112

Superman yells "think quick" to SS and tosses his key at him. Surfer gets hit by the key and goes down for the loss! big grin Surfer could turn the key into anything he wanted to. Power cosmic for the win.

darthgoober

Superman yells "think quick" to SS and tosses his key at him. Surfer gets hit by the key and goes down for the loss! big grin
whistle ...
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1043/silvsurfsuperman1997001qa3.jpg

Avlon
whistle ...
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1043/silvsurfsuperman1997001qa3.jpg

Crossover.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/631/glssua0012oy6pd6.jpg smile

darthgoober
Crossover.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/631/glssua0012oy6pd6.jpg smile
Wait I thought Galan proved that Supes/Surfer was canon? Doesn't really matter though, I wasn't seriously trying to use it as evidence. It just seemed like the appropriate thing to post for humor's sake.

Avlon
Surfer could turn the key into anything he wanted to. Power cosmic for the win.

Not if it hits him first. He gets hit by slow punches.

Galan007
Wait I thought Galan proved that Supes/Surfer was canon? Doesn't really matter though, I wasn't seriously trying to use it as evidence. It just seemed like the appropriate thing to post for humor's sake. It was acknowledged in Impossible Man's official bio... whistle

Avlon
Wait I thought Galan proved that Supes/Surfer was canon? Doesn't really matter though, I wasn't seriously trying to use it as evidence. It just seemed like the appropriate thing to post for humor's sake.

I know. I didn't think it was serious on your end. wink I'm getting to know you Goob.

quanchi112
Not if it hits him first. He gets hit by slow punches. It wont hit him first. Again the power cosmic beats superman. That is just the way it is.

Galan007
Again the power cosmic beats superman. That is just the way it is. 2plus2equals5

Avlon
2plus2equals5

http://doulifee.com//Storage/aceatt/GyakutenSaiban4/3-4ani-daian-laughs.gif

The Great Galen
Hmm so did the powercosmic help SS when he got armbared by panther lol.

Mindset
He let BP do that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>