genesis, and onwards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manorastroman
this is just a miniature prose piece i wrote after meeting a real nice girl at a party last night. it's very short, but i like the construction. this'll be my first time posting on KMC, so if it gets read i'll post a lot more. anyway...

GENESIS, AND ONWARDS

lord only knows how it started; her and i a forcefield against all the bad jokes and flopped gambits, repelling all that would ruin the moment. it took only a single misplaced comment--he said something like "what're you two, married?", his casual attitude not quite concealing a jealous sneer--and we were off, united by the common enemy presented. from genesis onwards we took this failed joke and turned it into our own personal success, the kind of "how did you meet?" story our friends would envy; a single sentence that would eventually speak miles of inner logic. i'll never remember what acted as the accelerant; perhaphs a sideways smile caught in my periphery. that would be enough, this small affirmation of goodwill. i looked to her and she looked right back, while our mouths touched of their own accord. and lord only knows how it started, but lord knows that it is enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.